Jump to content


USS Lexington: Corpus Chrisi, TX - November 4th


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 21:16

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24214 battles
  • 4,439
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

 

Last year’s Let’s Battle Tour, a nation-wide tour focused on giving back to you – our passionate community of Wargamers, was a massive success and we are excited to announce that tickets for our third stop at the USS Lexington are NOW AVAILABLE. 

To make this year’s tour even bigger and better than before, 100% of the Let’s Battle Tour ticket proceeds will be donated to our Project V.A.L.O.R. (Veterans & Loved Ones Responsibility) charity program and divided up between all four charities. For more information on Project V.A.L.O.R., please click HERE.

What can you expect at the USS Lexington:
A World War II-vintage Essex Class aircraft carrier commissioned in 1943 that served the United States longer and set more records than any other Essex Class carrier in the history of naval aviation
-Numerous Military Aircraft
-Pearl Harbor Exhibit
-Flight Simulators

Your ticket includes:
Entry to the Let’s Battle Tour event with food and drinks
Let’s Battle Tour goody bag: Military messenger bag, t-shirt, and identification badge all PERSONALIZED & STYLIZED with your game of choice and in-game name (Physical attendance is required to claim) 
Access to PC gaming stations powered by Alienware to test your skills in World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships, Xbox One & PS4 game stations for World of Tanks on Console fans, and mobile tablets for World of Tanks Blitz players
Community contests and the chance to earn actual in-game achievements (pins)
Challenge coins and in-game bonus codes
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
Discussion panels
And more…

For more information about the USS Lexington, please visit: https://www.usslexington.com/

FAQs
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Every event is open to players of all ages (that includes kids and families). 21+ is required for alcoholic beverages. 
What's the refund policy?
Tickets are non refundable, however 100% of proceeds will still go towards Project V.A.L.O.R. charities.


Edited by CabbageMechanic, Aug 22 2017 - 19:36.


Porcelain_Throne_God #2 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 20:19

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 26181 battles
  • 26
  • [GT_S] GT_S
  • Member since:
    10-14-2014

My wife and I already have our tickets and plan on meeting a friend down in Corpus Christi.

We are hoping that some of our more notable personalities on YouTube (such as Claus) are there.

 

 



Taggeth #3 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 23:07

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10683 battles
  • 424
  • [FRAY] FRAY
  • Member since:
    06-23-2012

Corpus Christi ........... check.

Date..........................  Sept 30, 2017.

 

Thanks!

 


Edited by Taggeth, Aug 23 2017 - 23:14.


BTed72 #4 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 06:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 29433 battles
  • 354
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    03-20-2013

Already registered and very excited for this event. :izmena:

 

See you all there!

 

 



Thornir #5 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 07:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

I did my first carrier quals on the Lex in T-28's back in 1980, Now it's a museum.

 

Do I feel old? Why, yes. Yes I do! :mellow:



WIZD #6 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 16:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6118 battles
  • 241
  • [ASP] ASP
  • Member since:
    08-16-2015

View PostThornir, on Aug 24 2017 - 07:03, said:

I did my first carrier quals on the Lex in T-28's back in 1980, Now it's a museum.

 

Do I feel old? Why, yes. Yes I do! :mellow:

 

Lol, both my ships are coral reefs in Hawaii. Ironically I was on the USS Essex (LHD-2) amphibious assault ship.

SGM #7 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 21:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28687 battles
  • 37
  • [-CL-] -CL-
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
Have a ticket and hope to attend but will this event still be happening due to Harvey??

_Tsavo #8 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 21:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 37891 battles
  • 14,007
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
Aw, man, I'd love to go to this.  But Texas is so far awayyyyyyyyyyyy

MoWhiskey #9 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 17:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33279 battles
  • 363
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
With all the Lives lost, destruction, flooding happening in that area, this is not the thing you should be doing. Maybe donating to Red Cross are something to help those folks out not make money...Wargaming

Isola_di_Fano #10 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 19:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 19629 battles
  • 2,719
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012
Not sure this is good timing ....

The_Chieftain #11 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 21:53

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 10151 battles
  • 9,595
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

Higher powers than I are debating it around the office. I'm sure an official statement will be made on the Go/No-Go decision. We are doing something else with local charities, I believe.

 

Yes, the optics are an issue. But I hope we go.

Personally, I can find arguments in favour. In a month's time, the big problem is going to be that because the economy in the area is hard-hit, workers and businesses will be struggling. One can focus now on the aid charities, but Katrina showed that the big problem in subsequent couple of months was really companies going out of business either because of a lack of demand for their services, or simply because the place of business had to be condemned. Where do guys get the money to pay their mortgages, which haven't gone away? So if we do an event in Corpus Christi, would we be keeping, say, a local food vendor or table rental company afloat? How about hotels? Would Lexington like the help, maybe to repair storm damage to the ship? And would folks in the area appreciate the diversion after a month of rebuilding by having something fun to do? In other words, is our concern about appearing sensitive actually going to cause less good than going? Not that simple a decision.



KaiserWilhelmShatner #12 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 23:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 13844 battles
  • 3,842
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

A bit off topic, but anyone know how is the USS Texas holding up? She was leaking bad before the storm.\

 

As for going to the Lexington, I would say go.  The reason being that it would be good for people to get a break after the devastation and recovery.  It would be a bit of a return to normalcy which is what people need to feel.



PHX_TripleH #13 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 05:02

    Private

  • Players
  • 23256 battles
  • 8
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012
I live in Corpus Christi and the Lex is holding up fine. I'm getting my ticket this week and can't wait to go. Kaiser hit the nail on the head, after everything that has happened it would bring a sense of normalcy.

ramp4ge #14 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 01:57

    Major

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles
  • 9,498
  • Member since:
    06-16-2010

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Sep 01 2017 - 14:39, said:

A bit off topic, but anyone know how is the USS Texas holding up? She was leaking bad before the storm.

 

I was wondering the same thing.

 

As for the event, yeah, I'd say go too. A return to normalcy can be every bit as good as money spent on rebuilding.



BTed72 #15 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 06:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 29433 battles
  • 354
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    03-20-2013

I have friends in Corpus Christi and they do hope the event happens for the same reasons folks mentioned above. Economic and getting back to some form of stable normalcy. 

 

Hope it happens but understand either way. All the best to the people of Texas and Corpus Christi.



Mad_Dog_Seabee #16 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 17:59

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9530 battles
  • 1,214
  • [-RG--] -RG--
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View Postdance210, on Jun 16 2017 - 13:16, said:

 

Last year’s Let’s Battle Tour, a nation-wide tour focused on giving back to you – our passionate community of Wargamers, was a massive success and we are excited to announce that tickets for our third stop at the USS Lexington are NOW AVAILABLE. 

To make this year’s tour even bigger and better than before, 100% of the Let’s Battle Tour ticket proceeds will be donated to our Project V.A.L.O.R. (Veterans & Loved Ones Responsibility) charity program and divided up between all four charities. For more information on Project V.A.L.O.R., please click HERE.

What can you expect at the USS Lexington:
A World War II-vintage Essex Class aircraft carrier commissioned in 1943 that served the United States longer and set more records than any other Essex Class carrier in the history of naval aviation
-Numerous Military Aircraft
-Pearl Harbor Exhibit
-Flight Simulators

Your ticket includes:
Entry to the Let’s Battle Tour event with food and drinks
Let’s Battle Tour goody bag: Military messenger bag, t-shirt, and identification badge all PERSONALIZED & STYLIZED with your game of choice and in-game name (Physical attendance is required to claim) 
Access to PC gaming stations powered by Alienware to test your skills in World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships, Xbox One & PS4 game stations for World of Tanks on Console fans, and mobile tablets for World of Tanks Blitz players
Community contests and the chance to earn actual in-game achievements (pins)
Challenge coins and in-game bonus codes
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
Discussion panels
And more…

For more information about the USS Lexington, please visit: https://www.usslexington.com/

FAQs
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Every event is open to players of all ages (that includes kids and families). 21+ is required for alcoholic beverages. 
What's the refund policy?
Tickets are non refundable, however 100% of proceeds will still go towards Project V.A.L.O.R. charities.

 

Not to be a downer but Corpus Christi is gone, Dance. It was wiped from the map.

2ADHoundsOfHell #17 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 01:51

    Private

  • Players
  • 19143 battles
  • 3
  • [UGKB] UGKB
  • Member since:
    12-11-2013

I just called a hotel in the area and they are going to be full with first responders. I really want to go since it is only 6 hours away but I don't know if I can do the 12 hour drive in one day.



SGM #18 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 05:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28687 battles
  • 37
  • [-CL-] -CL-
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Post2ADHoundsOfHell, on Sep 05 2017 - 18:51, said:

I just called a hotel in the area and they are going to be full with first responders. I really want to go since it is only 6 hours away but I don't know if I can do the 12 hour drive in one day.

 

4 hr drive for me, didn't think there would be any place to stay because of aftermath of Harvey. Will make the trip, stay a couple hrs and turn for home. This way I'll still get the goody bag (I hope) :-).....

Porcelain_Throne_God #19 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 16:56

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 26181 battles
  • 26
  • [GT_S] GT_S
  • Member since:
    10-14-2014

Folks in Corpus want this to happen. BTW, we live in Houston.

We made reservations long ago and better check to see if the hotel will still honor them.

Reservations confirmed.


Edited by Porcelain_Throne_God, Sep 06 2017 - 17:15.


PsychoSauce #20 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 00:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20865 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    07-25-2011
Dang. The moment I move from Texas, Wargaming comes to Texas. Go figure. Anyways, the USS Lexington exhibit is a good place to visit.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users