Removing national insignia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Hartziel #1 Posted Jun 18 2017 - 13:22

Major

• Players
  • 28424 battles
  • [-OAC-] -OAC-
Hi, once it was possible to remove the national insignia ( all of the for a special line ) with insignia of your own ( of course was not visible in game, only for you. But i forgot the procedure... any idea ? help ? thanks a lot 

caramel #2 Posted Jun 18 2017 - 14:06

Major

• Players
  • 8097 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostHartziel, on Jun 18 2017 - 04:22, said:

Hi, once it was possible to remove the national insignia ( all of the for a special line ) with insignia of your own ( of course was not visible in game, only for you. But i forgot the procedure... any idea ? help ? thanks a lot 

You would probably need to mod in an insignia ontop of one of the existing ones in the insignia shop, then put that on your tank.

Legiondude #3 Posted Jun 18 2017 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 20134 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

You have to open gui.pkg in res/packages/ and navigate to gui.pkg\gui\maps\vehicles\decals and then find the .dds file you're looking to replace

Then create a replacement .dds file in something like GIMP(I use it because it's free), and dump in res_mods/0.9.19.0.2/gui/maps/vehicles/decals/[potentially more here corresponding to the proper file location in gui.pkg]

Hartziel #4 Posted Jun 18 2017 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 28424 battles
  • [-OAC-] -OAC-

View PostLegiondude, on Jun 18 2017 - 14:26, said:

You have to open gui.pkg in res/packages/ and navigate to gui.pkg\gui\maps\vehicles\decals and then find the .dds file you're looking to replace

Then create a replacement .dds file in something like GIMP(I use it because it's free), and dump in res_mods/0.9.19.0.2/gui/maps/vehicles/decals/[potentially more here corresponding to the proper file location in gui.pkg]

Yeah..exact.. that it was. Thanks a lot and thumbs up :-)

Hartziel #5 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 28424 battles
  • [-OAC-] -OAC-

View PostLegiondude, on Jun 18 2017 - 14:26, said:

Ok, did not work..maybe i did soemthing wrong ? in res_mods i placed it  in gui/gui/maps/vehicles/decals/ and then the file with name, it was ussr_star ... but it did not show up in game for me :-(

wookiee_monster #6 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 12:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19274 battles

Seems like you put a gui folder inside the gui folder.

This is the correct location:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.19.0.2\gui\maps\vehicles\decals

If that isn't the problem, make sure if there is an option to "generate mip maps" that you have it turned ON. This has foiled me in the past. :)

Hartziel #7 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 14:13

Major

• Players
  • 28424 battles
  • [-OAC-] -OAC-

View Postwookie_monster, on Jun 20 2017 - 11:23, said:

Seems like you put a gui folder inside the gui folder.

This is the correct location:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.19.0.2\gui\maps\vehicles\decals

If that isn't the problem, make sure if there is an option to "generate mip maps" that you have it turned ON. This has foiled me in the past. :)

Ok, problem is, i now placed it exactly there ( u described it ) and the decal is not appearing, but the original decal DISAPPEARED :-(((( 

wookiee_monster #8 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 14:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19274 battles

View PostHartziel, on Jun 20 2017 - 14:13, said:

Ok, problem is, i now placed it exactly there ( u described it ) and the decal is not appearing, but the original decal DISAPPEARED :-(((( 

Thats what I get when i dont turn on mip mapping

Lt_Saburo_Sakamura #9 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 11:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31 battles

The Point is, that you disable ALL national insignia for  the Nation for which you have copied the blank .dds decals inside your   res_mods   gui folder.

This only works fine when you have saved the blank decal with DXT5 and MipMaps.

Then you see only insignias on your tanks for which you have installed your own Skins with decals and Emblems.

If you want to disable the insignia for only one or two individual tanks you must go another way. Just copy the scripts.pkg  to a back up folder or you Name it WoT scripts and then open it with 7z.

Now delete all files outside the item_defs folder.

After that go inside the Item_defs folder and  delete all files  except the  "vehicles" folder. Here inside the vehicles folder you find all Nation folders with all the individual tank xml's inside.

These xml's say the game what to do with Emblems and so on.

If you want to disable all Emblems on the US tank  T-29 for example, go inside the  "american" folder and look for the t-29 XML.

Copy it outside and open it with "wottools", save it new as a XML and open it with "Notepad+"

The use the search function  anl search for  "size".

Here you will see all lines where the size of markings and Emblems are konfigurated. But relevant are only the ones with ONE size  number. DO NOT CHANGE any lines with 2 or more numberings

For example  a line with   0,88 - 1,22  (for guns f.e.)

Only lines with one number are allowed.

0.58 for example, or  0.88  for Emblems, Players, clan symbols e.g.

Here you change the original number to  " 0.01 "

After doing this with all  size lines save it and copy that XML to   "res_mods\0.9.xx.x\scripts\item_defs\vehicles\usa   !

You can do this with all tanks for which you want to disable the national or any other insignia.

All other tanks will show the ingame Emblems as usual.

If you have any mods installed which are using such XML files for proper function, you can do thie same numbering Change with These mod xml's.

only be shure that you change only the numbers for the  inisgnia and Emblems, nothing more.

Edited by Lt_Saburo_Sakamura, Jun 29 2017 - 11:55.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users