WGC network traffic disaster. Tested and very very clear

11 replies to this topic

arrrgh #1 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 04:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 64363 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Starting 2-3 days ago, I was getting 17% packetloss.  VERY consistent.  every 6th packet lost.   I eventually identified it as WGC.   If I killed that process, no packet loss.  Launch that process, packetloss

I then modified the settings, to

- disable uploads.  

- uncheck automatically update installed games

- uncheck download updates in advance

- download speed throttled at 128kps

I have no patches to download, so there should be ZERO network activity by WGC.  (I have tanks, wows, and wowp installed)

Yet, even so, with WGC running, and all the torrent options as disabled as possible, I every 5th to 8th packet jumps from 1ms to about 80-90 just getting to my router.   If I kill WGC, I am back to 1ms for every packet.

Something is DEEPLY broken with its network activity.

Edited by arrrgh, Jun 19 2017 - 04:24.

landedkiller #2 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 05:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
I like having the ability to launch any of the three games from the client the programming needs to be improved I am seeing 200ping spikes to 999 spikes all too often. I won't lie I am considering uninstalling it if this keeps up

PrivateStash #3 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 05:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21205 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS

View Postlandedkiller, on Jun 19 2017 - 05:29, said:

I like having the ability to launch any of the three games from the client the programming needs to be improved I am seeing 200ping spikes to 999 spikes all too often. I won't lie I am considering uninstalling it if this keeps up

be careful, you will need to uninstall the individual games before uninstalling WGC if you want to be able to uninstall/reinstall the individual games afterward, because it really does take that over and if you just uninstall WGC, the other games are not able to be uninstalled or reinstalled without reinstalling WGC first. ITs effing retarded how they do things with that piece of malware. it is not worth the trouble it causes just to be able to launch something from a menu you have to launch (thereby launching two programs just to run one). i dont consider that any kind of convenience i cant get from just launching the individual games.

landedkiller #4 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 05:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostPrivateStash, on Jun 18 2017 - 22:36, said:

be careful, you will need to uninstall the individual games before uninstalling WGC if you want to be able to uninstall/reinstall the individual games afterward, because it really does take that over and if you just uninstall WGC, the other games are not able to be uninstalled or reinstalled without reinstalling WGC first. ITs effing retarded how they do things with that piece of malware. it is not worth the trouble it causes just to be able to launch something from a menu you have to launch (thereby launching two programs just to run one). i dont consider that any kind of convenience i cant get from just launching the individual games.

I remember having a much less issues i only downloaded it to play wowp in the first place I had no problems before i thought it was just the servers but I am seeing everyone having these issues. I might as well reinstall and get the wot hd client been playing on sd too long. My computer can handle skyrim in max setting so I see no reason of why it can't handle it. Do I need to do any special steps or can I just straight up uninstall the games and then the wgc?

landedkiller #5 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 06:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
my computer has plenty of ram to run the game and yet i lagged with the wgc a psa don't install

landedkiller #6 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 06:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
it tried to say ohh if you uninstall this the game swon't be able to uninstall and then you go to uninstall it and it says error program running then you have to go to task manager to shutdown everything to do with it now back to reinstalling wot

wkcw1 #7 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 06:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12234 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
I have this exact problem! Wrote a post or two about it about a couple of weeks back. Tech support were uninterested in what I found and kept giving cut and paste suggestions to fix this problem. Installing WOWS forced you to install the WGC but you can start the game without it loading.

landedkiller #8 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 07:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View Postwkcw1, on Jun 18 2017 - 23:46, said:

I have this exact problem! Wrote a post or two about it about a couple of weeks back. Tech support were uninterested in what I found and kept giving cut and paste suggestions to fix this problem. Installing WOWS forced you to install the WGC but you can start the game without it loading.

I will tell you how to get rid of it completely uninstall each individual game  by clicking game settings. Then uninstall the wargaming center by going to programs and feature click uninstall a window should pop ups. now here comes the tricky part you need to open task manager and click end process on all of the wargaming center processes except the setup/install then it will work to uninstall it. Your internet may go down after doing this be prepared for that It did it for me had no problems with the internet company listed on the downdector. hopefully this is simple and straight to the point on how to uninstall the wargaming center this is on a windows computer 

Edited by landedkiller, Jun 19 2017 - 07:19.

Lethalhavoc #9 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 07:19

Major

• Players
  • 37986 battles

Remember that when the WGC is running you're part of a torrent update system.

added to that, the WGC is also flashing ads.

When i run a WG game, i close out the WGC as soon as the game boots up.

I also clean out the UPDATES torrent folder after every update, so there is nothing potentially eating my bandwidth. 

arrrgh #10 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 03:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 64363 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

You can run WOT by just running the executable directly.  This skips WGC.  In that case, you only need to run WGC if you need an update.

eg C:\games\World_of_Tanks\WorldOfTanks.exe

Kyoudan #11 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 13:16

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 19000 battles
  • [ODB] ODB
I'm having the same problem. If I turn on the game center my entire network grinds to a halt even with no updates running and network usage set to off/minimum. When there are updates they only download about 100kbps no matter what I have the settings at. I struggled with internet problems for about a month thinking some flooding we had around here had screwed things up and right before I called AT&T to complain I did some poking around my computer and discovered it was this evil program the entire time! 

arrrgh #12 Posted Jul 02 2017 - 17:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 64363 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Okay, I recorded a video demonstration of just how bad this can be.   Its is on a brand new install of win 7, on a different computer from my first post.  Only WOWS and WOWP and Chrome installed on the computer.

https://vimeo.com/223967301

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users