Why do people take this game seriously? Updated

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

ESX #1 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:46

Captain

• Players
  • 25184 battles

Many will say they don't take this game seriously but a lot of you do.  I have been perusing these forums for 6 years now and 85% has had consistently negative, angry, frustrating, or just complaint after complaint filled posts about this game.  I used to take this game serious for years until I got it through my head that this is a money maker, not a serious attempt at a competitive game from WG.  Now I am free from the delusion this game delivers and look at it like a bad joke.

This is nothing but an arcade style tank shooter with lots of RNG and whack a mole vehicles like arty for the low functioning to abuse.   Might as well be playing bumper cars with 105mm guns mounted.  If that is what you are looking for then you found it here,  the days of wanting or hoping for a more realistic, competitive, skilled driven game are long gone.  And for the percentage of the community that gets their self worth and virtual self esteem from how well they do at this game, I feel sorry for you.  Stop your petty attempt to bully as having higher stats in this game give you zero entitlement to belittle others and means absolutely nothing.

I can say now with 20/20 hind sight that this game brought me 70% frustration and anger, and 30% fun, with most of the 30% due to playing with friends.  Friends that now are long gone one by one with the changes and decay with what we though the game would become.

Some simple design changes that are as obvious as a slam to the face would have done wonders to this game but never came.

1. Bigger maps,  give lights and meds a way to flank like they were designed, balance armor and heavies accordingly.  As of now you still have to go head to head with TDs and heavies or wait until half the game is over to try and flank.  A pretty simple solution that a blind man can see.  Yet WG messes with the accuracy to band aid this obvious solution.

2.  A game mode without arty completely.  A hot topic since day one, but a problem none the less.  WG has had dozens of failed game modes yet refuses to give the community an option of eliminating these easy mode crap vehicles from their game.  Obvious yet ignored.  Arty is the MAIN cause of frustration in this game for most.

3.  MM.  With the exception of tier 10, why are 66% or more of all games at higher tier than you are playing?  What kind of sick game has you start out 2/3 of the time at a disadvantage?  Not only this but the tank tiers were screwed from the beginning.  The power jump from tier to tier is way to high, closer together would have made the higher tier battles more enjoyable and doable.  Ya, lets put the T32 in against the 110 E5.  It is just a WG joke on players.

4.  Endless gold rounds.   Nothing more destructive to game and armor balance than an endless supply of gold rounds.  Maybe that is why you get higher tiers all the time, so you want to shoot gold = WGs personal money maker and slot machine = gold rounds.  All you had to do was limit gold rounds to a percentage of total ammo count for a tank and BOOM! A solution to making a complete joke out of armor and game balance.

5.  More accuracy.  Larger maps let you have less RNG and more accuracy.  Nothing more frustrating than hitting the ground 50ft in front of you while shooting at a tank 100ft in front of you.  Accuracy is dumbed down due to the maps and confrontations being so fast and close.  And I won't even get into the way RNG distributes a tanks shot, sometimes making the round go at a 30 deg angle immediately from the beginning of the barrel, or turret in this games case.

(As a side note WG has put a lot of work into this game and I appreciate that along with years of playing it.  The game just seems to have developed into a dumbed down version of itself more and more.  Now you just ram head to head into each other no matter what tank type you drive, shoot it out at the same spots on the map time after time and bull rush your way through.  The strategy, tactics, and skill have seem to be constantly diluted to the point where there is not much to think about anymore.)

Edited by ESX, Jun 20 2017 - 20:35.

TDRHooRaH #2 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 22203 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

I play games to win.

Winning is fun.

Zel #3 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:48

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9249 battles

When you like something, you get mad when it's ruined. Or changed. Or made better but you're to stupid to realize it.

As an exercise in masochism, this game is barely a 7/10. 

galspanic #4 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 19975 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Jun 19 2017 - 11:47, said:

I play games to win.

Winning is fun.

I wish more people realized this.

ESX #5 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:53

Captain

• Players
  • 25184 battles

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Jun 19 2017 - 19:47, said:

I play games to win.

Winning is fun.

Except more and more of this is becoming completely out of your control.

OldFrog75 #6 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4858 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostZel, on Jun 19 2017 - 20:48, said:

When you like something, you get mad when it's ruined. Or changed. Or made better but you're to stupid to realize it.

As an exercise in masochism, this game is barely a 7/10. 

Me being an old guy and this being the first and only mouse/keyboard video game I have ever played in my entire life, I'm really enjoying it.  It might not be as challenging as other games out there but it's plenty challenging for me.  It might not be as "fair" as other games out there but it's the only game I know and it's fair enough to keep me playing.

As they say, "one's man's ceiling is another man's floor..."  :popcorn:  

Edited by OldFrog75, Jun 19 2017 - 22:09.

Spirit_00 #7 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 38116 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View PostESX, on Jun 19 2017 - 20:46, said:

Many will say they don't take this game seriously but a lot of you do.  I have been perusing these forums for 6 years now and 85% has had consistently negative, angry, frustrating, or just complaint after complaint filled posts about this game.  I used to take this game serious for years until I got it through my head that this is a money maker, not a serious attempt at a competitive game from WG.  Now I am free from the delusion this game delivers and look at it like a bad joke.

This is nothing but an arcade style tank shooter with lots of RNG and whack a mole vehicles like arty for the low functioning to abuse.   Might as well be playing bumper cars with 105mm guns mounted.  If that is what you are looking for then you found it here,  the days of wanting or hoping for a more realistic, competitive, skilled driven game are long gone.  And for the percentage of the community that gets their self worth and virtual self esteem from how well they do at this game, I feel sorry for you.  Stop your petty attempt to bully as having higher stats in this game give you zero entitlement to belittle others and means absolutely nothing.

I can say now with 20/20 hind sight that this game brought me 70% frustration and anger, and 30% fun, with most of the 30% due to playing with friends.  Friends that now are long gone one by one with the changes and decay with what we though the game would become.

I play to win, to  improve myself on the game I am playing, what is the sense of playing a game if you're are not in it for the winning.  Don't worry about the game, it's sliding into a medicore game where all they will have left is the top rated players as their numbers show people are quitting in droves.  They keep coming up with gimmicks instead of fixes.  I'm just using up the rest of my gold/silver and premium account waiting on Beta Testing on another game, then gone also, will keep it as a when I'm bored go to game as many will but it's glory days are sliding quickly.

johnmadara #8 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 29850 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostESX, on Jun 19 2017 - 19:46, said:

the days of wanting or hoping for a more realistic, competitive, skilled driven game are long gone.  

maybe if you stopped playing random battles and realizes there half a dozen real competitive modes then you wouldnt be on the forum whining about a non existent problem

Spirit_00 #9 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 20:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 38116 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View Postjohnmadara, on Jun 19 2017 - 20:56, said:

maybe if you stopped playing random battles and realizes there half a dozen real competitive modes then you wouldnt be on the forum whining about a non existent problem

But Randoms make up 60% of the game, so that's unrealistic to say there is no problem.

Silversound #10 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 33770 battles
  • [GUNS5] GUNS5

Addiction is not a laughing matter.

But WG has facilitated my quitting with the friends list issue, and I have decided to be greatful.

I was spending too much on WoT.

Now all of that has stopped.

Bad for them, good for me.

NoreyMorse #11 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14443 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

When I first started I didn't take the game serious and it hurt my stats. I have spent a long time trying to correct my stats so I take my stats serious but not the game. I just want to do the best I can every game and try to not to stupid [edited].

Desmios #12 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3238 battles
  • [50-6] 50-6

Because most players on these forums have dumped hundreds, if not thousands, and some even have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this game.

I forget the name of it, but once someone has put so much money into something, they will refuse to hear any logical criticism of it; so they lash out in anger instead at the messenger.  

Spirit_00 #13 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 38116 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View PostNoreyMorse, on Jun 19 2017 - 21:01, said:

When I first started I didn't take the game serious and it hurt my stats. I have spent a long time trying to correct my stats so I take my stats serious but not the game. I just want to do the best I can every game and try to not to stupid [edited].

You and me both it was almost 15K battles before I realized or took serious hit rates/win rates, damage and all of the rest of it.  I try hard but it's hard when your continuously set back due to 3/4s of your team dead in 2 mins and your 5 vs 12.

ArmorStorm #14 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 32568 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostESX, on Jun 19 2017 - 13:46, said:

You are so close here.  The only issue is that you make it seem like a bad thing.  Wargaming WANTS this game to attract non-gamers, casual gamers and of course actual gamers.  But there are FAR more casual players out there, many of which who are willing to drop money on a game.  The MM, RNG, microtransactions (which aren't very micro really), artillery, all the components of the game are designed to allow poor players to have enough success to stay with the game and keep paying for it.  Anyone who ever thought different was deceiving themselves.  

Everything that the better players complain about benefits the lesser players, well most of it anyway.  

Highlord #15 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5220 battles

Why do people take this game seriously?

Lack of social lives, depression, inadequacy issues and a severe lack of vitamin D, exacerbated but an inflated sense of superiority and a religious belief that pixel tanks (or any other game) are somehow important.  Also a burning hatred of people that like things they don't.

Edited by Highlord, Jun 19 2017 - 21:23.

_PM #16 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13456 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

I take the game seriously because that's what I enjoy.

I enjoy playing the game at a high level consistently and that is what is fun to me.

Taggeth #17 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10553 battles
  • [FRAY] FRAY

View PostArmorStorm, on Jun 19 2017 - 14:19, said:

You are so close here.  The only issue is that you make it seem like a bad thing.  Wargaming WANTS this game to attract non-gamers, casual gamers and of course actual gamers.  But there are FAR more casual players out there, many of which who are willing to drop money on a game.  The MM, RNG, microtransactions (which aren't very micro really), artillery, all the components of the game are designed to allow poor players to have enough success to stay with the game and keep paying for it.  Anyone who ever thought different was deceiving themselves.  

Everything that the better players complain about benefits the lesser players, well most of it anyway.  

I would have to agree with you there.  If the new players are beaten so badly before they have a chance to learn, most will give up and go on to something else.  All you end up with is a small player base that is mostly good/excellent players.  No one wants to sink money into a game when all they get are constant beatings.  Hence the 25% RNG to begin with. 

Husarski #18 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 30237 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL

View Post_PM, on Jun 19 2017 - 15:23, said:

I take the game seriously because that's what I enjoy.

I enjoy playing the game at a high level consistently and that is what is fun to me.

I enjoy success and doing well.

It annoys me that people play a team game to look at birds, spin their turret and then drive into the nearest lake to drown. Why are you even here?

Nudnick #19 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17717 battles
People get enraged when they spend money on something and feel like they were ripped off. So when negative things happen, like power creep, lag spikes, broken updates, you name it, they come here to rant and rave. With this constantly changing game, you don't always get what you paid for.

dunniteowl #20 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 21:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 16014 battles

Wait, so you're jaded and think folks take the game too seriously and then sort of warn them away with all manner of negatively charged wording indicating that you are no different than all those folks you complain about.

And is this a goodbye post or is this, "If you stay, this is what you're in for," sort of post.

I don't see a conclusive statement one way or the other.

Just curious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users