Endless friend list loading

Friends list huge bug

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Grid21 #1 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 06:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 4400 battles
As the title says, myself, my dad, and MANY OTHERS are UNABLE to load our friend list. It just sits there loading and loading and never connects. I have NOT changed a thing and according to other players, I talked to in-game, their having the SAME issue and said it's been going on for weeks on end.

The_Boz #2 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 06:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9689 battles
CORRECTION:  ...been going on for months on end...

Grid21 #3 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 06:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 4400 battles

View PostThe_Boz, on Jun 21 2017 - 05:37, said:

CORRECTION:  ...been going on for months on end...

What on earth did WG do to literally break their own game??

Mad_Dog_Seabee #4 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 06:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8076 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

I have had the bug since shortly after 9.17. It's not been constant because micro-patches have fixed it temporarily now and again, but the issue first came about for me around that time. It started with my blacklist not working and developed into platoon invitations not working. Now both the Friend's List and the blacklist do not function, clan invitations and platoon invitations also do not connect. 

The bonus to this bug is that after a match, my angry teammates or overly irritated enemies cannot private message me after a battle to complain because the PM System is also effected lol

Grid21 #5 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 07:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 4400 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Jun 21 2017 - 05:56, said:

I have had the bug since shortly after 9.17. It's not been constant because micro-patches have fixed it temporarily now and again, but the issue first came about for me around that time. It started with my blacklist not working and developed into platoon invitations not working. Now both the Friend's List and the blacklist do not function, clan invitations and platoon invitations also do not connect. 

The bonus to this bug is that after a match, my angry teammates or overly irritated enemies cannot private message me after a battle to complain because the PM System is also effected lol

I know this sounds like a stupid question do they know and are they trying to fix it? I mean yay no stupid messages from angry players who can't play when you can, lol, but now my dad and I can't team up or even my viewers for my twitch stream can't team up either! Ever since they changed the arty, this game has started to have a bad time and I fear for it because I do love this game. I just wish they'd fix everything already and quit making us wait! 

kebab6597 #6 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 07:22

Major

• Players
  • 52083 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGrid21, on Jun 21 2017 - 06:03, said:

I know this sounds like a stupid question do they know and are they trying to fix it? I mean yay no stupid messages from angry players who can't play when you can, lol, but now my dad and I can't team up or even my viewers for my twitch stream can't team up either! Ever since they changed the arty, this game has started to have a bad time and I fear for it because I do love this game. I just wish they'd fix everything already and quit making us wait! 

Yes they know about it and they say they are trying to fix it but at this stage it would seem its either unfixable or its a very low priority which is a great pity because players seem to be just walking away from the game now it,s like its the last straw for lot,s of players 

xrays_ #7 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 07:35

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

The easiest explanation at this point is that WG is trying to kill the NA servers.

Think about it... WG can't reasonably just shut them down with minimal notice seeing as players have bought yearly paid services, but if they could somehow manage to get players to never subscribe again they could easily just shut down almost any time. If you recall, there was a big sale on Premium time last fall. This was the last push to get some cash (along with a few Premium vehicles released shortly afterwards, but those were available on all servers) before starting to slow down the cogs here in North America.

It's all very crafty, if you ask me. :-)

x.

Grid21 #8 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 07:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 4400 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jun 21 2017 - 06:35, said:

The easiest explanation at this point is that WG is trying to kill the NA servers.

Think about it... WG can't reasonably just shut them down with minimal notice seeing as players have bought yearly paid services, but if they could somehow manage to get players to never subscribe again they could easily just shut down almost any time. If you recall, there was a big sale on Premium time last fall. This was the last push to get some cash (along with a few Premium vehicles released shortly afterwards, but those were available on all servers) before starting to slow down the cogs here in North America.

It's all very crafty, if you ask me. :-)

x.

That wouldn't make any sense, that's a whole customer base they be losing. I don't want to assume anything without facts first! So let's stick to those and go from there. 

driesp #9 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 10:14

Major

• Players
  • 31538 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostGrid21, on Jun 21 2017 - 13:51, said:

What on earth did WG do to literally break their own game??

They installed a patch KNOWING that it would muck up the friends list, yes this really happened!

GaussDeath #10 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 11:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49937 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostGrid21, on Jun 20 2017 - 23:42, said:

That wouldn't make any sense, that's a whole customer base they be losing. I don't want to assume anything without facts first! So let's stick to those and go from there. 

It might make sense when they are planning on splitting the NA server into north (N. America) and south (S. America). This has been on the table for awhile now. 

Devildog8 #11 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 12:41

Major

• Players
  • 9211 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostGrid21, on Jun 20 2017 - 23:24, said:

As the title says, myself, my dad, and MANY OTHERS are UNABLE to load our friend list. It just sits there loading and loading and never connects. I have NOT changed a thing and according to other players, I talked to in-game, their having the SAME issue and said it's been going on for weeks on end.

not trying to be rude, but plz revert to the other 100+ topics on this, WG is aware of the situation, so 100 more posts wont get it working sooner

jesse098 #12 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 13:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 67045 battles
  • [T-D] T-D
best of luck getting the break room painted so you can start working on the friends list problem 07

_Schneller_Heinz_ #13 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 14:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostGrid21, on Jun 21 2017 - 06:24, said:

Your statement that this problem is going on for a few weeks is incorrect.

The contact list/ chat issue is going on two month now!!! Smile-angry.gif

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Jun 21 2017 - 14:20.

xrays_ #14 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 16:23

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostDevildog8, on Jun 21 2017 - 06:41, said:

not trying to be rude, but plz revert to the other 100+ topics on this, WG is aware of the situation, so 100 more posts wont get it working sooner

Quite the opposite, though. WarGaming is the participant being rude in this case by not updating its customers on the progress of a much needed server update. If a representative was actually active a few times a week providing updates for us, there really wouldn't be all this backlash - sure, there would still be some, but not nearly as much as there is now.

It's very simple. Talk to us. Give us updates. Tell us what is being done. Silence is not a solution.

x.

sdk21 #15 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 22:07

Private

• Players
  • 28026 battles
All I know is that 48 years ago mankind put a man on the moon.  The Apollo spacecraft had less computing power than the average smartphone.  But we can't make the contact list operate in 2017........    I think this problem could be solved if wargaming cared enough to solve it.  I have a premium account and play the game because I enjoy platooning with friends and have not been able to for some time now.  I mean really wargaming, just get it done.

BlowTreez #16 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 12:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 2349 battles

You do realize you can create a chat room, with or without a password, and tell your friends to join the said chat room. And then you can platoon up from there. Spend half as much time looking for a solution to a problem rather than complaining. The latter doesn't really accomplish much anyways :P 

Enjoy :playing:

Grid21 #17 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 15:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 4400 battles
Has anyone posted any help tickets letting WG know we're having this issue? I was going to do one myself.

Also tagged with Friends, list, huge bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users