Absolute Clan Cup

268 replies to this topic

iWrangleEmus #21 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 04:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33112 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostBlack_Knight_, on Jun 24 2017 - 21:54, said:

Sweet more cool stuff for the top Clans . Just what all the Unicom's need more crapto crush the scrubs with . As if ranked battles wont give them even more stuff to crush us scrubs with good job War gaming . You keep giving all the perks to the top players hey they are good and should win goodies , but you forget the regular guys all to often . How about some type of victory point system{ Top players would still get more points } where for X number of points you get a shot at something cool like a tank or something anything accept a fooking sticker that does nothing for 6 months of clan battles . I spend a lot of money on this game top players don't have to they get pay outs from CW and or always do well in tournaments . Most of the guys in my clan have spent enormous amounts of cash buying premium vehicles and to me it feels like WoT just over looks us .  Anyway I'm sure Ill get a bunch of negative comments to you all I say ... whatever .

Question what is stopping you guys from beating the "unicum" players?

Tanks__ #22 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 04:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 28327 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostBlack_Knight_, on Jun 24 2017 - 18:54, said:

Sweet more cool stuff for the top Clans . Just what all the Unicom's need more crapto crush the scrubs with . As if ranked battles wont give them even more stuff to crush us scrubs with good job War gaming . You keep giving all the perks to the top players hey they are good and should win goodies , but you forget the regular guys all to often . How about some type of victory point system{ Top players would still get more points } where for X number of points you get a shot at something cool like a tank or something anything accept a fooking sticker that does nothing for 6 months of clan battles . I spend a lot of money on this game top players don't have to they get pay outs from CW and or always do well in tournaments . Most of the guys in my clan have spent enormous amounts of cash buying premium vehicles and to me it feels like WoT just over looks us .  Anyway I'm sure Ill get a bunch of negative comments to you all I say ... whatever .

I dont see anything in the rewards that gives a distinct advantage to the people who win it compared to the regular player

Black_Knight_ #23 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 05:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 41834 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I am not being specific to just this{ ie . ranked Battles}   I am talking over all . I have 5 tier 10 tanks that I do not play why should a guy with my stats bother . Any Clan that I could get into is not going to be competitive in tier 10 . Therefore since tier 9 and 10 tanks are costly to run and in all likely hood I am not going to be using them for anything meaningful I don't run them all that much and as such am not good with them . I am however hoping that WoT implements that 30 vs 30 battle mode it actually looks fun .  

mojave #24 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 05:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22685 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostBlack_Knight_, on Jun 25 2017 - 04:12, said:

I am not being specific to just this{ ie . ranked Battles}   I am talking over all . I have 5 tier 10 tanks that I do not play why should a guy with my stats bother . Any Clan that I could get into is not going to be competitive in tier 10 . Therefore since tier 9 and 10 tanks are costly to run and in all likely hood I am not going to be using them for anything meaningful I don't run them all that much and as such am not good with them . I am however hoping that WoT implements that 30 vs 30 battle mode it actually looks fun .  

So basically you dont want to try to be good but expect wargaming to give you rewards that have historically been allocated to good players. Or am i missing your point?

iWrangleEmus #25 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 06:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33112 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostBlack_Knight_, on Jun 24 2017 - 23:12, said:

We all start somewhere. You can look at my clan history I started rdtt2 really enjoyed the game and now worked my way up to better and better clans. This game is competitive a team that qualifies for the playoffs (which is 16) gets a reward. The is5,cheiftian, and t23e3 arn't op tanks they are just money makers. This mostly comes down to braging rights. 

Vyraall #26 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 17:55

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32244 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

The ranked battles argument doesn't make sense because the system actually rewards people who play a higher quantity of battles rather then people who play quality battles. Now they have even increased the time window for playing ranked battles so the only reason people cant get into the top 10% is because they didn't try. The only advantage unicums have is that we will rank up faster.

JSFJETT12 #27 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 23:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
just a heads up would be nice if you guys would post the full rules onto the tourney page so we know what we are signing up for rather than having to go to the forums for info......

Huck_ #28 Posted Jun 25 2017 - 23:53

Major

• Players
  • 34197 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Can you define "each player on the final clan roster" for the awards? As in final roster of 30 or final roster of 100?

Tanks__ #29 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 28327 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostHuck_, on Jun 25 2017 - 14:53, said:

Can you define "each player on the final clan roster" for the awards? As in final roster of 30 or final roster of 100?

On the prizing for the first stage it says "each person in the clan receives..."

flatstiger69 #30 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 51874 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS

View PostFirecyde, on Jun 24 2017 - 07:01, said:

Very nice but 8 mins a game? that is brutal.

YOLO!

NO CAMPING ALLOWED!!!:)

mereelskirata #31 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 47771 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Post_Thedesertfox, on Jun 24 2017 - 12:39, said:

Should make this a World clan tournament not just America's this should be played in the world championship not teams of 7 paid profesional players.Clans are the actual people who are dedicated to the game not the rage quitting pro's when they loose. Never see pro's in a random battle . Haters hate! As$ clowns speak up!

What do you mean by a "World clan tournament"? If you mean all servers that's not possible since people would all have to have accounts on one of the servers, and people from other regions would have awful ping so it wouldn't be fair for them.

iWrangleEmus #32 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 16:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33112 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postmereelskirata, on Jun 26 2017 - 10:47, said:

What do you mean by a "World clan tournament"? If you mean all servers that's not possible since people would all have to have accounts on one of the servers, and people from other regions would have awful ping so it wouldn't be fair for them.

Apart from that Timing would be terrible. 

Fulcrous #33 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 18:04

Major

• 28910 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostBlack_Knight_, on Jun 24 2017 - 20:12, said:

The irony in this statement is that ranked battles literally rewards you not for being good but for playing hours upon hours of ranked.

Edited by Fulcrous, Jun 26 2017 - 19:40.

flatstiger69 #34 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 51874 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS
So... where do we sign up???? woops found it

Edited by flatstiger69, Jun 26 2017 - 19:43.

BattleField_JM #35 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 20:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16458 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
I have a type 59; I'm glad because I won't have any other special tanks since my clan doesn't really do the big tourneys I don't think

Xits #36 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 23:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18108 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
yeah clans like RUSHB have no chance :( all the top clans get the gold

Guilty_By_Association_xD #37 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 23:32

Captain

• 45026 battles
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
top clans dont deserve it give it to people who didnt earn it.

roten1 #38 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 23:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30638 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

​hey this is the first time they have stressed full vanilla and no rewards tanks to level the playing field, so it is a plus for all clans with a lower level player base, it shows that WOT is trying to level the tournies out and I applaud them for that.

ViolentViolet #39 Posted Jun 28 2017 - 14:46

Major

• Players
  • 48523 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Room for Improvement...

~Why 30 man roster for a Clan Event.. when Clans can have a population of 100? Either make it a 100 man roster or make 30 man clans. It just seems to be an arbitrary number, especially considering the teams are 14 man. ... 

~I think the system reqs of setting up a 30 man tourney team multiple times (week 1/week2/etc) is actually much more stressing on a smaller clan or less serious clan, while the event itself would probably be something they could actually participate in, if you could just sign up as a clan for the event. This could be so much easier WG if we could just sign up as a Clan and the special battles pop like a CWS. It would allow all clans to offer the very best teams they have able to participate. And smaller or less active clans may actually have the people online to participate but currently cant because the players they have online did not sign up.

I think if anything is limiting to the less active or just smaller clans participation- it is the this tournament style roster. I realize several clans will be able to fill the roster and field  a competitive team for this event and maybe it is just me but the process to participate feels like clan leadership is herding cats into an overly complicated system. Or if this is the direction WG is heading for setting up competitive organized play, the ability to sign up for all this crap should be available in game. 

anyways. This is just the pov of one of the EO's out in WOTland. 

iWrangleEmus #40 Posted Jun 28 2017 - 15:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33112 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postroten1, on Jun 26 2017 - 17:35, said:

​hey this is the first time they have stressed full vanilla and no rewards tanks to level the playing field, so it is a plus for all clans with a lower level player base, it shows that WOT is trying to level the tournies out and I applaud them for that.

this isn't the first time. Bronze,Silver,Gold league have these standards and also clan league last year. You are also responsible for turning in replays and python logs. :) good luck smaller clans if you don't know how to do this ask a clan that might.

Edited by iWrangleEmus, Jun 28 2017 - 15:16.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users