9.20 Supertest of Rebalanced Vehicles: French tanks

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

__Arc__ #21 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24611 battles
  • [191] 191
Based on the proposed changes, I don't believe the devs that proposed these changes actually play the game. It seems like they're thinking: "What? It's not broke? Well let's fix it anyway!" Meanwhile, things that are in need of fixing get no attention paid to them, and people telling them there is a problem that needs attended to get completely ignored.

agtdetructor #22 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9260 battles
  • [PROF] PROF

I just saw okay?, Replace the Foch 155 for that garbage ?? 257mm penetration in a TD tier 10, is it serious ???

SlappedbyPatton #23 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25431 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Again , the fail continues, I love my tier 9 AMX 30 like it is , WG likes to fix things that are not broke, and leave broken things alone.......

Edited by SlappedbyPatton, Jun 22 2017 - 23:24.

thandiflight #24 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:24

Major

• Players
  • 69203 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Whilst I can see the point of the changes to the Foch at Tier X (not forgetting that it was nerfed to oblivion in the first place by Wargaming to the extent that nobody really plays it anymore), the changes to the mediums are just f*cking retarded. Simply put the vision Wargaming seems to have for this game is "corridor maps and armour, hurr durr". Almost everybody who plays the French mediums has some grasp of their role in the current game. Stop f*cking with the tanks and FIX THE F*CKING MAPS!!!! Wargaming: "these are flanking tanks". Players: "Yeah. How? The maps are mostly all corridors designed for frontal heavy slugfests". 

Fix the tier X TD. Leave the other tanks alone - except for HD. AND FIX THE F*CKING CONTACTS LIST & MESSAGING. Thanks.

Agentt_Orange #25 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20687 battles
  • [F_B_P] F_B_P
Woo-hoo!!!  more armor buffs and standard shells aren't good enough to pen new armor.. As if there isn't enough gold spamming now.  Thanks, WG!! ;)

Edited by Agentt_Orange, Jun 22 2017 - 23:26.

Vextron #26 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21107 battles

Are the Bat Chat 25t changes a Joke? 

April fools is long past you know?

Slatherer #27 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 27494 battles
Its going to feel how the initial sandbox felt.  Heavies will rule.  Some well known mediums will still rule.  And there will be a lot of "support" tanks out there.

jamesdoz #28 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 23:55

Captain

• Players
  • 31359 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3
so now that bat will have a  278 gold round wth? I mean besides the rest.

EnginePower #29 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 00:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 26612 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postdance210, on Jun 22 2017 - 22:08, said:

The purpose of these changes is to better distinguish between magazine heavy tanks and Batchat. The gun changes will increase the comfort of firing due to better aiming parameters, but will significantly decrease the chances of destroying same-tier medium tanks with one magazine. We intend to make the vehicle more comfortable, allowing more mistakes when firing – missing one shell out of six will be less fatal than missing it with the previous magazine. Moreover, the reloading time of shells in the magazine and of the magazine in general will be decreased, which will give players the opportunity to effectively realize the fire potential of the tank.  

Improved accuracy and aiming time will not only increase the quality of firing, but will potentially influence on vehicle’s survival rate, as the time required for a shot will be decreased and the tank will correspondingly be less under their opponent’s fire.

Bat.-Châtillon 25 t. has also been transferred into the HD-quality.

Based on the current gun stats, the aim time will go down by .2 s and the dispersion will decrease by .02 at 100 m. These changes are ok but are terrible considering what is traded for them. First the base pen is nerfed by 7 mm which isn't going to change a lot but the premium pen will go from 330 mm to 278 mm which will make the batchat have a real hard time when facing heavily armored vehicles. The changes to the autoloader also contradict the claims made that these changes are supposed to make the batchat more comfortable and have a greater survival rate. First, the penalty for missing just one shell actually favors the batchat the way it is now as it will still have an average potential damage of 1560 while the new configuration has 1500. The new configuration is only more forgiving if more than one shell is missed and if the total ammunition of the vehicle is left at 30, missing more than one in a clip is fairly devastating regardless. In addition, if the batchat is to remain at only have 30 rounds of ammunition total, this change would mean that only 5 clips can be loaded into the battle which further limits the ammunition variety that may be used. While the vehicle will be able to start firing its magazine significantly sooner than in the current configuration, the overall exposure of the vehicle to enemy tanks actually increases if the player would like to empty the batchat's entire magazine. After firing the first shot, the batchat in its current configuration will take a total of 10.8 s to empty the rest of its magazine and get out of there while the batchat in this new configuration will take 12 s to empty its magazine. The change to the ammunition's alpha will do as stated in the supertest description as the total damage of the batchat's clip will drop from 1950 on average to 1800 which will often be the difference in taking out a vehicle and leaving it on very little health if confronted at full hp. This change combined with the previous points will ultimately have a very detrimental effect on batchat's current ability to be an assassin which is already a unique role for the batchat when compared to the autoloading heavies.

Overall I would say these changes to the batchat are not necessary and, at least personally, are unwelcome at best. 

Altwar #30 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 00:06

Captain

• Players
  • 48085 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

Less alpha and pen for the Foch 155, but more shells in the clip because bouncing will occur I guess.

I'm not sure what to make of this yet but anyone who gets in on the testing, please give input that the Foch 155 needs some serious love and having to focus even harder to get a pen while remaining vulnerable doesn't seem like it would be it to me.

YANKEE137 #31 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 00:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5199 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
My experience fighting it is that the Batchat is a murder mobile, so it is good news for me. Now if I owned one or was grinding towards it , I'd be really mad. 

rohanikov123 #32 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 00:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23212 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
yea if anything the changes to the bat will make me likely either rarely play the tank again or not at all. Or at the very least give people the option of playing with either gun. Why force people to have to use the new gun instead of giving bat chat players an option between the 2.

Edited by rohanikov123, Jun 23 2017 - 00:23.

F_Type #33 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 00:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17436 battles
  • [SVG] SVG
About time you guys buff the 155, it should have been buffed years ago.

OseanTanker #34 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 00:34

Captain

• Players
  • 20793 battles

View PostF_Type, on Jun 22 2017 - 17:23, said:

About time you guys buff the 155, it should have been buffed years ago.

They are not buffing it, they are basically replacing it. It will have the same hull, but it will lose the 155mm auto loader that made it what it is.

I must say that most of these changes are stupid. The problem with the French TD's is that they have absolutely terrible soft stats on tanks with terrible gun arms and massive weakspots. No one asked for the lower tiers to get autoloaders, all we wanted were better soft stats and maybe lightly stronger weakspots that didn't invalidate the rest of their frontal armor. I don't really have an opinion on the AMX 30 changes as I have never been interested in those tanks, but I don't see the reason for such drastic changes to the Batchat.

No one asked for these changes. Why are you trying to fix what isn't broken? (TD's aside, but this ain't the way to fix them.)

I can say that if these changes go through, I will quit all progress on the French TD line. The whole reason I was grinding it right now was to get the Foch 155. If there is no autoloading 155mm gun for me to grind to, then I will not grind for it. I seriously hope that these changes do not go through.

Edited by OseanTanker, Jun 23 2017 - 00:40.

FrozenKemp #35 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 41048 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

Regarding the French TDs -- 257mm of pen at tier X!?  That will make it the lowest pen of any nation's TDs.  The next lowest is the Grille at 279. 

I don't think the tier 8-10 TDs the same gun is even possible to balance well, unless you just give the tier X some better AP ammo.  Otherwise, what might be fine at tier 8 will be crap at tier 10, or what might be good at tier 10 will be OP at tier 8. 

UrTearsFuelMyWn8 #36 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 03:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 21159 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
One word. AIDs.

kasan781 #37 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 03:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 22854 battles
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_
This is disgusting nerfing the batchat 25t is a mistake!!!

Galaxy_Canon #38 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 03:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29170 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Don't touch my Fu@#%ng Batchat. It's a good tank if you're a good player, but nowhere near OP and the. The gun handling is the sacrifice to be able to 1v1 a med but you have to aim very well. I have 5k battles in the thing and enjoyed all of them. It's middle of the pack on WR and below most on dmg, It's fine as it is! If WG touches this tank i'm going to get a refund for my prem account and gold and file with BBB and contact a lawyer just to be a pain in the a$$ and cost them thousands of dollars. We need to hit them where it hurts, and start finding ways to cost them money, perhaps I should start a kickstarter to fund TV ads telling everyone not to play WOT and they'll take notice. I will fu**ing do it.

Thunderxballs #39 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 06:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20714 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
hey wargaming the batchat is perfectly fine the way it is.  if you want to make it pretty in hd fine go ahead, dont change the armor model and ffs dont change the gun.  not only did you give it a terrible gun, you completely change the way you play the tank.  the batchat is one of the most popular and enjoyable tanks and absolutely no one is asking for buffs or nerfs for it.  that batchat's low hp pool and weak armor are its balancing factors not to mention the poor gun handling and infamously low ammo count.  the last thing we need is this stupid gun.  its bad enough that you buffed the maus to the point where i can no longer run my bat with nothing but apcr (im now forced to carry 2 clips of heat instead of 0) but now you want to give the bat a gun with slow ap rounds that dont have as much pen but you give us a crappy gold round that can barely pen an e5 let alone a maus in the rear.  dont do this wg this is not a mistake you want to make.

Edited by Thunderxballs, Jun 23 2017 - 06:17.

blazer285 #40 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 06:23

Captain

• Players
  • 10008 battles
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_

So dance please answer my questions 

The amx 30 line are they going to be getting gun dispersion buffs ( so will there be a big bloom When moving tank or turret) ( I love it the way it is right now if the turret but can be a little bit better when moving your tank) or nerfs and about the huge view ports on the tank that is the point of having 300mm or armor if that will only be 30. And lastly how much of a dpm increase 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users