Should Sixth Sense Be Free Poll

Sixth sense crew skills grind crew skills crew perks

• Please log in to reply
713 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Sixth Sense be a free perk (640 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should it be given automatically to all tank commanders for free or less grind

1. Yes (233 votes [37.58%])

Percentage of vote: 37.58%

2. 25 percent grind (8 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

3. 50 percent grind (24 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

4. 75 percent gind (8 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

5. No leave it the way it is 100 percent grind (319 votes [51.45%])

Percentage of vote: 51.45%

6. I don't care one way or another (28 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

Should it be a mandatory first skill/perk for the commander

1. Yes (175 votes [27.34%])

Percentage of vote: 27.34%

2. No (465 votes [72.66%])

Percentage of vote: 72.66%

Should sixth sense be removed for everyone

1. Yes (66 votes [10.31%])

Percentage of vote: 10.31%

2. No (574 votes [89.69%])

Percentage of vote: 89.69%

Should it be like World of Warships sixth sense

1. Yes (92 votes [14.86%])

Percentage of vote: 14.86%

2. No (122 votes [19.71%])

Percentage of vote: 19.71%

3. I don't know because I don't play World of Warships (405 votes [65.43%])

Percentage of vote: 65.43%

What is your overall win rate

1. below 40 percent (6 votes [1.01%])

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

2. 40 to 44 percent (3 votes [0.50%])

Percentage of vote: 0.50%

3. 45 to 49 percent (143 votes [24.03%])

Percentage of vote: 24.03%

4. 50 to 54 percent (328 votes [55.13%])

Percentage of vote: 55.13%

5. 55 to 59 percent (83 votes [13.95%])

Percentage of vote: 13.95%

6. 60 to 64 percent (12 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

7. 65 percent and over (20 votes [3.36%])

Percentage of vote: 3.36%

Vote Hide poll

the_Deadly_Bulb #701 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 19183 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostOB1_Kenobe, on Jan 13 2018 - 15:05, said:

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN. IT IS NOT FOR ME. ARE YOU ALL DENSE OR SOMETHING. I HAVE A FULL GARAGE AND FOUR AND FIVE SKILLED CREWS. i CAN GRIND A NEW CREW WITHOUT SIXTH SENSE BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO PLAY BETTER THAN NEW PLAYERS.

IT IS TO KEEP THE NEW PLAYERS INTERESTED SO THE GAME CAN CONTINUE SO YOU CAN ALL SEAL CLUB FOR YEARS TO COME.

Then quit being a SJW and play the damn game.

You can grind a crew without 6th Sense because you're a better player than the new guys? How'd you get better? Hand outs?

NO you got better by playing. You got better by learning the game.

People who get handouts don't learn anything except to hold their hand out for more.

6th Sense is fine the way it is. Its the way it should be. You earn it like any other skill or perk.

As you earn it you become more experienced. Experience is what makes a player better, not "gimmes"

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Jan 14 2018 - 19:50.

OB1_Kenobe #702 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 05:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36016 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Jan 14 2018 - 19:49, said:

Then quit being a SJW and play the damn game.

You can grind a crew without 6th Sense because you're a better player than the new guys? How'd you get better? Hand outs?

NO you got better by playing. You got better by learning the game.

People who get handouts don't learn anything except to hold their hand out for more.

6th Sense is fine the way it is. Its the way it should be. You earn it like any other skill or perk.

As you earn it you become more experienced. Experience is what makes a player better, not "gimmes"

If this post bothers you so much go play the game and don't worry about what is going on in here. The game is aging. It is different now. I see too many very skilled players in low tiers while I am grinding up a line and I to have low tiers I like to play. I also see too many new players that think the way to get better is to get the next tier tank.

It is not very fair for any of us to be in those low tiers in our favorite seal clubbing tanks without giving the new players a fighting chance. It would be different if all we were doing is grinding a new line. Then the playing field is a little more level if you have a brand new crew yourself too. 

New players still have to learn the many other nuances of the game. Sixth sense is not mighty armor nor a magic shell that penetrates all tanks. It is only a tool that can help new players learn the game before they get so frustrated with all the seal clubbing that goes on and just leave the game. When there are no more new players or the game can afford to keep running you might think back and say "maybe sixth sense to all wasn't such a bad idea".

Edited by OB1_Kenobe, Jan 15 2018 - 06:03.

Grumpy_blue #703 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 07:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38434 battles

Give it to everyone! We need more free stuff in this game!

From my perspective with almost 40K games and 55+% WR everyone will benefit from having it. I sometimes grind lower tiers for lack of free XP - it's crazy scary how little awareness players can have up to tier VII or VIII if you take prems into account. Maybe if they start learning earlier about when and why their tanks get spotted, they might get better at some game mechanics? 

the_Deadly_Bulb #704 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 19183 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostOB1_Kenobe, on Jan 14 2018 - 20:59, said:

If this post bothers you so much go play the game and don't worry about what is going on in here. The game is aging. It is different now. I see too many very skilled players in low tiers while I am grinding up a line and I to have low tiers I like to play. I also see too many new players that think the way to get better is to get the next tier tank.

It is not very fair for any of us to be in those low tiers in our favorite seal clubbing tanks without giving the new players a fighting chance. It would be different if all we were doing is grinding a new line. Then the playing field is a little more level if you have a brand new crew yourself too.

New players still have to learn the many other nuances of the game. Sixth sense is not mighty armor nor a magic shell that penetrates all tanks. It is only a tool that can help new players learn the game before they get so frustrated with all the seal clubbing that goes on and just leave the game. When there are no more new players or the game can afford to keep running you might think back and say "maybe sixth sense to all wasn't such a bad idea".

When there are no new players, which hasn't occurred yet in spite of all the hair pulling and teeth gnashing on this forum, and the game ends, I will go find something else to do.

There was life before WoT and there will be life after.

Handouts to players who want gimmes wont grow the game or make better players.

Ever played the test server? You get a butt ton of freebies handed to you there. The play is not any better, or even as good as here.

Its human nature to want to have things without effort.

Your post doesn't bother me at all. Your premise is just misguided and stupid.

Your poll, seems to indicate that my position (no) is in the majority too.

What do you think would be the next thing to give away for free to the new players, you know, after 6th sense?

You know to the new players you're indirectly insulting by promoting that they be treated like kiddies and bribed to stay because they're too weak willed to play the game.

Its as if new players are just not as good as you are, so you feel the need to handicap the game to keep the new kiddies appeased.

6th Sense is no harder to grind than BIA, Safe Stowage or any other perk. Do we give those away free next?

WG provides a lot of incentives to play, did you miss Holiday Ops?

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Jan 15 2018 - 19:39.

OB1_Kenobe #705 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 22:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36016 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostGrumpy_blue, on Jan 15 2018 - 07:00, said:

Give it to everyone! We need more free stuff in this game!

From my perspective with almost 40K games and 55+% WR everyone will benefit from having it. I sometimes grind lower tiers for lack of free XP - it's crazy scary how little awareness players can have up to tier VII or VIII if you take prems into account. Maybe if they start learning earlier about when and why their tanks get spotted, they might get better at some game mechanics? 

Exactly. Thank you for being a very wise seemingly competent experienced player. Very intelligent and unselfish player I may add.  

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Jan 15 2018 - 19:35, said:

When there are no new players, which hasn't occurred yet in spite of all the hair pulling and teeth gnashing on this forum, and the game ends, I will go find something else to do.

There was life before WoT and there will be life after.

Handouts to players who want gimmes wont grow the game or make better players.

Ever played the test server? You get a butt ton of freebies handed to you there. The play is not any better, or even as good as here.

Its human nature to want to have things without effort.

Your post doesn't bother me at all. Your premise is just misguided and stupid.

Your poll, seems to indicate that my position (no) is in the majority too.

What do you think would be the next thing to give away for free to the new players, you know, after 6th sense?

You know to the new players you're indirectly insulting by promoting that they be treated like kiddies and bribed to stay because they're too weak willed to play the game.

Its as if new players are just not as good as you are, so you feel the need to handicap the game to keep the new kiddies appeased.

6th Sense is no harder to grind than BIA, Safe Stowage or any other perk. Do we give those away free next?

WG provides a lot of incentives to play, did you miss Holiday Ops?

Your first comment makes me believe that you don't care about the future of this game and are merely the selfish player type. 

How do you know that built in Sixth Sense won't help grow this game? Very bold of you to assume it won't. 

Yes I have played the test server. No one cares what happens there because it doesn't matter. You are just taking a test drive. Test server does not indicate what free sixth sense may or may not do for the future of this game. 

I don't want this for free for me. What I am doing is taking a lot of effort to try to  get the idea out there that this may be a good overdue change. 

I don't think the idea is stupid. I did not call your ideas stupid although they seem selfish and self indulgent. 

My poll  seems to indicate that only 51.4 percent of players want it to stay the way it is. That leaves 48.6 that believe something should be done. I will also believe the overwhelming majority who contributed to this poll are seasoned players. That hypothesis is based on the portion of the poll that asks for your win rate. 74 percent of contributors are above a 50 percent win rate. Mathematically speaking many of them are for the idea or for some kind of change. 

I don't believe I am insulting new players by suggesting the game should be modified based on its players skill gap. No body is trying to bribe anyone to stay in the game. I believe it would create a better experience for new players and allow them to understand spotting mechanics better. 

I won't even touch the new players being as good as me. That is a foolish statement. 

Please do not distort what this poll is about. It is only about the most essential perk of all. Let me ask you will you be getting any free tanks from the new soviet line?. I will be on some already and I have the crews with skills and the credits to grind the tanks I don't have. Maybe they should not be given to us and we should have to grind for them.

I did grind and was at level 10 in a few days. Yes I did buy one 75 crate gift for myself. I got a ton of gold credits and a Type 59. Thank you War Gaming for the great gift boxes!

If you were only playing low tiers or were not proficient in the higher tier tanks people may not have gotten very far. I would like to know far new players got up the line. Even if they did get any crew members how many new players even realize how important to the game sixth sense is? I hope they all know it is essential to MOST tanks if not ALL tanks. 

Personally every one of my tanks gets sixth sense. As soon as my first skill reaches 100 percent I retrain for gold to sixth sense and put the skill I removed back on the commander. I usually retrain to BIA on my third skill. 

Edited by OB1_Kenobe, Jan 16 2018 - 01:08.

vonshaunus #706 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 00:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 27388 battles
  • [555TN] 555TN

While I would prefer it not to be in the game at all (we are not wizards), and replaced with something more realistic (radio operator skill giving a chance to intercept?), it being there I don't have a problem with it being an earned skill.

I would perhaps like to see some skills not take effect in tiers 1-3 or something as part of anti-seal clubbing mechanisms though.

OB1_Kenobe #707 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 01:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36016 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View Postvonshaunus, on Jan 16 2018 - 00:40, said:

While I would prefer it not to be in the game at all (we are not wizards), and replaced with something more realistic (radio operator skill giving a chance to intercept?), it being there I don't have a problem with it being an earned skill.

I would perhaps like to see some skills not take effect in tiers 1-3 or something as part of anti-seal clubbing mechanisms though.

That is an idea except for MM. You can be in a tier 5 tank and see tier 3 tanks battles. The tier 5 tanks may have sixth sense so not fair if the tier 3 can't have it to counter the tier 5. So the seal clubbing continues but can be worse. Maybe if there are tier 3 tanks in the battle your sixth sense doesn't work when in a tier 4 or 5 tank. If you are in an all tier 4 or higher sixth sense will work. Unfortunately I don't think the nay sayers will go for that either. Then their precious seal clubbing tanks are a little less effective against the new players and each other. 

It still doesn't help new players understand when they are spotted so they can figure out how not to be spotted. I think that is the real problem.

I don't think WG would go for it but how about in addition to your idea players can't move above tier 5 without sixth sense? WG would lose a lot of premium tank money so that is out. Also seasoned players who can go up a line without sixth sense would be apposed to being stuck at tier 5 until they trained the commander when they don't need to be stuck there.  

So your proposal may actually prolong the inevitable or make the situation worse.  

ToothDecay #708 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 25464 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

So, Q.....

I read the stuff, but I can't Math.  Is there a breakdown somewhere of percentages of Nation's tanks ingame ?  As in % of Russian tanks vs entire game ?  Or other stuff that might show that the imbalance in the game is clearly the Soviet Bias ?

Maybe a version of WoT without ALL the Russian tanks ? Maybe balance the GAME by balancing the # of each NATIONS tanks ingame ?

Once upon a time there were NOT that many tanks to choose from.   <<<

I kinda think it was easier to assimilate, because the tanks required thought to choose the right lines / Nations.

I think the game was great Back Then because it WAS fun, and kinda challenging as well.

You HAD to L2P or you didn't last long.  Tanks blowing up @ start of game @ cap circle cause bailed on the battle.

Each Nation had strengths unlike other Nations. View range = USA.  Camo = Russian.  Etc.

Used to be, the release of a Frikkin New Tank was like, OMG..........  Now, more like Who Cares ???

The Challenge today seems to be picking the most OP Tier X before it gets nerfed.

OB1_Kenobe #709 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 08:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36016 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

HUH? I appreciate your commenting but a little off topic don't you think?

Guido1212 #710 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 73416 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostOB1_Kenobe, on Jun 26 2017 - 13:29, said:

Because you had to do it is not a valid reason for keeping it from new players now. 

Your next statement that how quickly you, an experienced player,  could first of all play this tank and do well without sixth sense. Then you quickly train your crew to 100 percent is exactly the reason sixth sense should be given out as a standard perk free.

New players, without the experience you have, could achieve what you did in the short amount of time and also have success playing the tank.

Your second statement validated the reason it should be free. Thank you for that.  

Nobody is keeping it from you, but you.

You are advocating free skills for people who don’t want to work for it.

That argument works for all the skills, for grinding modules, even for grinding tanks.  That’s what invalidates the argument.

OB1_Kenobe #711 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 19:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36016 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostGuido1212, on Jan 16 2018 - 17:47, said:

Nobody is keeping it from you, but you.

You are advocating free skills for people who don’t want to work for it.

That argument works for all the skills, for grinding modules, even for grinding tanks.  That’s what invalidates the argument.

If you were to start learning this game today it is a different environment then it was when all players were new. The experience gap is much greater now and gets wider conistantly. I see too many experienced players down at low tiers playing thousands of battles in low tier tanks. These players have very skilled crews in these tanks. I understand why some do it. I am guilty of playing the Luchs, Marder 38T, Wolverine and T67 a lot.  I love playing them. I don't believe it is fair to play them against new players but that is mostly what is there at those tiers. 

I believe it is important to grind for perks and skills, modules and tanks. This is still learning the game. The basic knowledge that you have been spotted helps you learn what you may be doing wrong IMHO. I believe there are many other seasoned players that feel it may help the game as a whole. 

Like you said there is still grinding for other skills and perks, modules and tanks to work towards. This grinding is still paying your dues to learn the game. I am only talking about one perk that could possibly teach new players better habits in this game.

How many suiscouts and perpetual campers have new players become? This is not good for any of us. This kind of play contributes to a lot of losses no matter how well you do personally in the games. It also makes doing the missions with the MUST WIN catch to it very hard to complete. I know you don't like that part. I also know you are against having sixth sense be a base part of this game. 

Lets change this from free perk to built into the game mechanics. Would everyone feel better if it were worded differently?

OB1_Kenobe #712 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 19:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36016 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostOB1_Kenobe, on Jan 08 2018 - 17:26, said:

This is the reason sixth sense should be free to all. This ""unicum" stat padder has 45,275 battles total. This player has 21,337 battles in the tier 5 T67 alone. Please see below for additional stats on this player. Most games played in low tiers. The numbers highlighted in red are the number of games played in each tank. It would be my guess this player would be against giving sixth sense free to all players.   

Tanks
Search: 
Show 102550100 entries
Tank Name Country Type Tier Battles Win Rate DPG Avg. Dmg. Blocked Avg. Spots KPG Hit Ratio Avg. Exp Total Exp Mastery WN8
T67 USA TD 5 21337 69.42% 997 1.59 1.32 1.95 64% 848 18094647 Ace Tanker 3166
Hellcat USA TD 6 14702 57.03% 1121 13.8 1.11 1.45 71% 756 11121230 Ace Tanker 2554
Wolverine USA TD 5 2424 57.22% 804 61.3 1.17 1.56 61% 675 1635572 Ace Tanker 2565
Jackson USA TD 6 1682 60.17% 1228 65.92 1 1.54 72% 826 1389882 Ace Tanker 3003

Please see an example of unfairness to new players.

miklkit #713 Posted Jan 17 2018 - 01:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9047 battles

Personally I would rather not have this in the game at all as it turns it into an arcade game.  "Let's peak and then see if it goes off."

It will never be removed so, how much grinding is enough?  I have tanks with over 500 games that can't have it.  According to the unicums here this makes me nothing but cannon fodder.  For years.  How inspiring.................

MyOtherTank #714 Posted Jan 17 2018 - 02:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 3926 battles
  • [T-K-O] T-K-O

View Postmiklkit, on Jan 17 2018 - 01:43, said:

Personally I would rather not have this in the game at all as it turns it into an arcade game.  "Let's peak and then see if it goes off."

It will never be removed so, how much grinding is enough?  I have tanks with over 500 games that can't have it.  According to the unicums here this makes me nothing but cannon fodder.  For years.  How inspiring.................

I think that is way too much time to grind such an essential perk. Lets say the average game is 7.5 minutes. I don't know what that figure actually is. If it is 7.5m x 500b = 62.5 hours in one tank to get sixth sense. Not acceptable with the current state of the game. Somethings got to give. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users