Jump to content


113/5a or T57 Heavy for a terrible player?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ShookYang #1 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 17:26

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • 1,069
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

I'm trying to figure out what my next Tier 10 will be and what I should be focusing on. 

 

I keep going back and forth between the T57 and the 113/5a (most likely the latter).

 

Which is more forgiving for bad players?

 

I normally play mediums and TDs, 

 

Or, at what tier does the tanks start playing similarly to their Tier 10 counterpart?



firemedic1428 #2 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 17:33

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12502 battles
  • 503
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
To me autoloaders require more skill. Mostly because now you have to think ahead of when you empty your clip you need to have a place to retreat to reload. I think they just have a higher skill cap.

HeroEnVec #3 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 17:44

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 31497 battles
  • 1,412
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    07-26-2010
get a maus, autowin.

Vampiresbane #4 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 17:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24396 battles
  • 1,075
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011

113/5a

It plays more like a medium.  T57 plays like a slower, slightly better armored AMX 50b.  It doesn't have much get up and go.



ShookYang #5 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 18:18

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • 1,069
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View Postfiremedic1428, on Jun 26 2017 - 08:33, said:

To me autoloaders require more skill. Mostly because now you have to think ahead of when you empty your clip you need to have a place to retreat to reload. I think they just have a higher skill cap.

 

View PostVampiresbane, on Jun 26 2017 - 08:59, said:

113/5a

It plays more like a medium.  T57 plays like a slower, slightly better armored AMX 50b.  It doesn't have much get up and go.

At what point do the tanks in these lines start to play like the T57 or 113?

 

T57 seems like none of the tanks in that line play like the T57, other than the fact that they are autoloaders from Tier 7 and beyond, and similar aim times and gun depression from Tier 8 and above.  But mobility and armor profiles are very different from the T57?

 

Seems like the 110 is when the play style starts to be similar to the 113?


Edited by ShookYang, Jun 26 2017 - 18:19.


Bad_Oedipus #6 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 18:46

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 32678 battles
  • 980
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

If you want to get better a this game don't go to tier 10 for another 10K battles... or more.  You'll end up losing a lot of credits and get easily frustrated as highly skilled players will have their way with you.  It may look like you're doing what they are doing but they penetrate you and you just can't catch a break.

 

If it is part of your religion to go to tier 10, consider this: Axis Super Heavies are a lot more forgiving than the rest (after arty re-work) and anything with an auto-loader is more difficult.



The_World_Needs_A_Hero #7 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 18:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7053 battles
  • 1,180
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostHeroEnVec, on Jun 26 2017 - 17:44, said:

get a maus, autowin.

 

Ha... that's funny. I'm cursed in it. 1894 WN8 but only a 47.83% WR.  I held a flank singlehandedly against 5 tanks today, blew them to pieces, and my team still found a way to fail its way to a loss. 

Bad_Oedipus #8 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 19:23

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 32678 battles
  • 980
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on Jun 26 2017 - 12:52, said:

 

Ha... that's funny. I'm cursed in it. 1894 WN8 but only a 47.83% WR.  I held a flank singlehandedly against 5 tanks today, blew them to pieces, and my team still found a way to fail its way to a loss. 

 

Consider not holding a flank by yourself... you're slow enough to figure out where your team is going.

joshww2legoguy #9 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 19:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 12530 battles
  • 3,391
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    12-30-2013
The new Chinese Heavy...

Vampiresbane #10 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 19:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24396 battles
  • 1,075
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011

View PostShookYang, on Jun 26 2017 - 17:18, said:

 

At what point do the tanks in these lines start to play like the T57 or 113?

 

T57 seems like none of the tanks in that line play like the T57, other than the fact that they are autoloaders from Tier 7 and beyond, and similar aim times and gun depression from Tier 8 and above.  But mobility and armor profiles are very different from the T57?

 

Seems like the 110 is when the play style starts to be similar to the 113?

 

t54e1 probably.  similar armor profile, same clip potential.  major difference is reload time.

firemedic1428 #11 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 23:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12502 battles
  • 503
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

View PostVampiresbane, on Jun 26 2017 - 13:34, said:

 

t54e1 probably.  similar armor profile, same clip potential.  major difference is reload time.

 

Exactly, T54E1 is basically the same Alpha wise, but has worse pen (unless using full APCR like I do) and worse reload. People like SirFoch and Orzanel constantly say out of the T57, Kran and 50B the T57 is the better of the 3

ksix #12 Posted Jul 06 2017 - 03:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13532 battles
  • 1,059
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View Postfiremedic1428, on Jun 26 2017 - 16:33, said:

To me autoloaders require more skill. Mostly because now you have to think ahead of when you empty your clip you need to have a place to retreat to reload. I think they just have a higher skill cap.

 

 

You don't need your brain if you push with your team. Solo things get much more complicated. Similarly for a "terrible" player as the OP asked autoloaders are a godsend. Terrible players who manage to fire off a clip or two and even remotely know where to aim will generally outperform 2/3 of the team in the cumulative damage department. Higher skill cap? Maybe. Low skill friendly? Definitely.


Edited by ksix, Jul 06 2017 - 03:11.


PanzerGruppenstaffe #13 Posted Jul 06 2017 - 18:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41479 battles
  • 1,388
  • Member since:
    03-06-2014

113 is a very forgiving heavy. The only learning curve is the terrible gun depression and gun handling.

 

T57 is going to punish a newbie harshly until you realize you cannot carry solo with no armor in your hull or turret. You must go with other heavies and let them meat shield you while reloading. Then, dumping clips into people (learn to track them) can be devastating. If you can do well in a T69 you will do fine in a T57, imo.


Edited by PanzerGruppenstaffe, Jul 06 2017 - 18:21.


Ape_Drape #14 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 18:03

    Captain

  • Players
  • 37484 battles
  • 1,393
  • [SOT] SOT
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

View PostShookYang, on Jun 26 2017 - 17:26, said:

I'm trying to figure out what my next Tier 10 will be and what I should be focusing on. 

 

I keep going back and forth between the T57 and the 113/5a (most likely the latter).

 

Which is more forgiving for bad players?

 

I normally play mediums and TDs, 

 

Or, at what tier does the tanks start playing similarly to their Tier 10 counterpart?

 

Bad players should get the T57. I don't have one but it must suck something awful because I always wince when I see on on my team because I know they're going to hang in back doing diddley squat. Rather have a TOG on the team, at least TOG drivers try to get to the fight.

 

But bad players should get the T57 because it keeps them out of the way.



ShookYang #15 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 18:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • 1,069
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

I tested out the T57 Heavy and WZ-111 1-4 model 5a last night on the Common Test.

 

Liked the 5a.  Didn't like the T57 Heavy.  Didn't like the mobility and the gun handling.  A friend recommended the AMX 50 B and I liked that much more than the T57 Heavy.

 

Also tried out the E5 and liked that tank as well.



Fbomb #16 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 20:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22609 battles
  • 1,655
  • [BAKED] BAKED
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011
I became somewhat competent with the 54e1 after a while, thought mahap the T57 would be similar...wasn't. It's easily penned by 8's, and is too slow to get past many of the open areas/shooting galleries at the start-up that so many maps have, in order to get to your chosen fighting place, and the firrkin OI seems to have better accuracy at distance. I'm about 75 battles in, and am edging toward..'average', I guess, but I've found shooting a lot of gold is needed...don't know about the 111. I don't find it enjoyable




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users