its a completely new meta......

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Mothermoy #1 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 06:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6230 battles
The teams are just so bad, you have to unlearn all the good things you learned, and relearn this.....not sure what the hell to call this. its like relearning the game all over again, although with bots instead of people.....

OrnmiIler #2 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 06:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostMothermoy, on Jun 27 2017 - 00:05, said:

The teams are just so bad, you have to unlearn all the good things you learned, and relearn this.....not sure what the hell to call this. its like relearning the game all over again, although with bots instead of people.....

WOT should go back in order to move us forward!

In solidarity…Give us 9.17!

Mothermoy #3 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 06:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6230 battles

View PostI_Hate_Pubbies, on Jun 27 2017 - 05:15, said:

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

LOL, i just now hit my 6k game. Im just starting to figure things out. No im not a unicum, however in the right tank im pretty good, got 151 games on my scorpion marked it once and have a 51 percent win rate. Currently almost 60 games into my object 704 and almost 60 percent winrate. On a good night i have a whole bunch of games where i come out purple unicum.

Did you even read my post.....did you attempt to understand it, or just resort right to insulting? Most people with low intelligence do that. Let me try to break it down into bite size chunks thats easier for you to understand.

This game has a brutal learning curve, one of the toughest in any game. And just when i get 6k games under my belt and start to learn it and get good. The bottom friggin drops out, and its COMPLETELY different. Like hey guys...why are you ALL GOING CASTLE ON DERPENBURG???? or let me side scrap this e75 and deathstar, surly my team will flank them....or they could just sit back and watch me die......am i the best player, not by a long shot. I just get to the point where Im pretty good. I ace my 704 with a radleys.....and the whole world just goes into bizzaro land. 

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Jun 28 2017 - 01:42.

ArmNeilStrong #4 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 06:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11034 battles

View PostMothermoy, on Jun 27 2017 - 05:22, said:

LOL, i just now hit my 6k game. Im just starting to figure things out. No im not a unicum, however in the right tank im pretty good, got 151 games on my scorpion marked it once and have a 51 percent win rate. Currently almost 60 games into my object 704 and almost 60 percent winrate. On a good night i have a whole bunch of games where i come out purple unicum.

Did you even read my post.....did you attempt to understand it, or just resort right to insulting? Most people with low intelligence do that. Let me try to break it down into bite size chunks thats easier for you to understand.

This game has a brutal learning curve, one of the toughest in any game. And just when i get 6k games under my belt and start to learn it and get good. The bottom friggin drops out, and its COMPLETELY different. Like hey guys...why are you ALL GOING CASTLE ON DERPENBURG???? or let me side scrap this e75 and deathstar, surly my team will flank them....or they could just sit back and watch me die......am i the best player, not by a long shot. I just get to the point where Im pretty good. I ace my 704 with a radleys.....and the whole world just goes into bizzaro land. 

1089 recent and 49% aren't nearly "pretty good". You've barely met the server average and given the average intellect of the population that bar is very low. Being more humble and learning gets you to your goal faster. I've taught a player from zero and they have 1800 recents at barely 1k games.

Edited by ArmNeilStrong, Jun 27 2017 - 06:49.

BogusBadger #5 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 07:09

Captain

• Players
  • 34048 battles

View PostMothermoy, on Jun 27 2017 - 00:22, said:

Don't go and complain about your teams being bad.  Whatever the reason for your poor performance, it's still poor.  You're literally complaining about yourself.

RedBaronK #6 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 07:19

Major

• Players
  • 40855 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS

View PostMothermoy, on Jun 27 2017 - 05:22, said:

One of the hallmarks of a good player is knowing how to work with a terrible team and being FLEXIBLE with strategy.. If your dunce team is all aboard the lemming train, you have to play with what you were given.. Ie. Go with the lemming train, win the flank, and turn back around to defend cap.... Most bad players go against the lemming train and head by themselves, alone, to the opposite flank expecting to hold off the entire enemy alone and die... I've seen bad players do this time and time again and force a team to play man down, even if it's a lemming team, dying alone doesn't help.

Yes, the meta has changed... And things that should not work does work, the trick is thinking outside the box and being flexible. Teams are so bad now that playing with a rigid style of "this type of tank goes here, and here only" doesn't work anymore.

SwedishEOD #7 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 07:25

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 59948 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostRedBaronK, on Jun 27 2017 - 07:19, said:

One of the hallmarks of a good player is knowing how to work with a terrible team and being FLEXIBLE with strategy.. If your dunce team is all aboard the lemming train, you have to play with what you were given.. Ie. Go with the lemming train, win the flank, and turn back around to defend cap.... Most bad players go against the lemming train and head by themselves, alone, to the opposite flank expecting to hold off the entire enemy alone and die... I've seen bad players do this time and time again and force a team to play man down, even if it's a lemming team, dying alone doesn't help.

Yes, the meta has changed... And things that should not work does work, the trick is thinking outside the box and being flexible. Teams are so bad now that playing with a rigid style of "this type of tank goes here, and here only" doesn't work anymore.

^^ This , oh god so much this.....this is all there is too it. Sounds easy but is harder then you think , you have to able to break your set routines and go places you are not comfortable with. That spot you have played a hundred times in your Obj704 may not be the best position when you have a lemmingteam going to the other side of the map.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #8 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 10:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13054 battles
  • [-SW-] -SW-

Basically, and I agree with this to, if you are not improving then you are doing something wrong; it's your fault not your teams or RNG. I used to rage at my teams being retarded or RNG hating me but in truth I only got better when I started shadowing a decent player. Like today, I forget the map but basically MM gave us a team with 7 heavy tanks in a tier 6-8 battle and they were all tier 7 and 8 Heavies. Yet somehow a T95 and myself in my O-Ni managed to hold an entire flank by ourselves with an SPG providing ranged support. I took out two green stat Tiger P's and a yellow Tiger I and the T95 took out three other heavies on his own. Only way this ws possible is because I was angling my armor, moving at the right time, ducking in and out of the rock I was using for cover. 

Bad teams, bad MM, bad RNG may play a small part in your downfall but it's mainly your fault. You need to keep studying the Game Mechanics and Keep experimenting ways to stay alive longer. I am not a great player, hell I suck I have a three digit orange Wn8 but I am slowly improving. 

Atragon #9 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 11:15

Major

• Players
  • 39135 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

Look at the game as being called Carry the Goons as  would be fitting in today's game. Just don't expect much and losses aren't as painful.

Cant beat the goons? the join them. Sometimes its fun being a goon accidentally shooting your own team and accidentally pushing them into fire or over a cliff. Just go out and have a crazy fun time and the game is less painful.

Joe150 #10 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 12:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 24814 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
Yes the meta has changed for sure and you can blame it on Ranked I guess.People are bringing there s#$t tactics to pub matches now.A fine example is the game play on live oaks because there is nothing like sh@#ter meduims and Emil's going to the city because you know 12 degrees of gun depression works f#$king great in the city and don't forget how wonderful the scouts are also because you know we need to scout the city also.Just ignore the tracks and the dip that doesn't matter no not at all.Maybe if you 49% garbage bottom feeding 30,000 battle 500 average damage tomatoes had just a few more f#$king games you might get it.I understand I really do.:)

Edited by JOSEPHINEISH, Jun 27 2017 - 12:58.

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 13:01

Major

• Players
  • 65771 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostMothermoy, on Jun 27 2017 - 00:05, said:

unless that's your 2nd or 3rd reroll you don't have the time/experience spent in the game to actually comment on this.  it's like the old cry of the weekend warrior whining about how bad things are for x3's and x5's.

to me, it's literally always been a waste land as far as the player base is concerned.

as for meta, it's been a in your face, bowling alley/funnel, screw paper tank meta on tiny crap maps for over 3 years...

Joe150 #12 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 13:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 24814 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jun 27 2017 - 13:01, said:

unless that's your 2nd or 3rd reroll you don't have the time/experience spent in the game to actually comment on this.  it's like the old cry of the weekend warrior whining about how bad things are for x3's and x5's.

to me, it's literally always been a waste land as far as the player base is concerned.

as for meta, it's been a in your face, bowling alley/funnel, screw paper tank meta on tiny crap maps for over 3 years...

While I agree it's always been a waste land of stupid at least they went to the correct place on the map and failed alot of players can't even do that and that's what is frustrating.

ThePigSheFlies #13 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 65771 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostJOSEPHINEISH, on Jun 27 2017 - 07:32, said:

While I agree it's always been a waste land of stupid at least they went to the correct place on the map and failed alot of players can't even do that and that's what is frustrating.

as folks have pointed out in this post, there isn't a "correct area of the map" per se'.  

reading the enemy team composition, and the map determines the correct area to deploy/disperse to, and when to back out.

pubby's have been messing that up since the game launched.

IX_Zann #14 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 14:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42036 battles

Just my 2 cents worth, but it took me just about 6K Random Battles to get the game's mechanics down and until then, I seemed to be stuck at 44%. Play a tank until you learn its strengths and weaknesses and how to play it under various conditions. Tier 8 Premium tanks are cool, but since Tier 8 Premiums routinely see Tier 9 and 10 tanks as opponents, learn to play Tiers 5-7 well before jumping into Tier 8 Premiums.

Yes, there are failed platoons and failed teams, but NEVER forget those failed 'toons and teams are made up of individual players who contribute to those fails and that you are one of those individual players.

xrays_ #15 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 14:17

Major

• Players
  • 49171 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jun 27 2017 - 07:37, said:

as folks have pointed out in this post, there isn't a "correct area of the map" per se'.  

reading the enemy team composition, and the map determines the correct area to deploy/disperse to, and when to back out.

Wholly correct. Let's use chess as a comparison...

There isn't one opening play, and there isn't one counter to that one opening play. If there was, the game would be completely predictable. It's the diversity of options that makes the game somewhat interesting, and those options create the opportunities for attack/defence that creates wins and losses. The same goes for World of Tanks. If every tank had pre-determined positions to play on the map, the game would be incredibly boring and predictable. Sure, there are positions that seem crazy for some classes of tanks, but the changes can sometimes work - sometimes they are horrendous as well. But, if players just followed a directive every match, the game would be incredibly boring.

x.

Almighty_Johnson #16 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 14:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 22875 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Jun 27 2017 - 04:37, said:

Basically, and I agree with this to, if you are not improving then you are doing something wrong; it's your fault not your teams or RNG. I used to rage at my teams being retarded or RNG hating me but in truth I only got better when I started shadowing a decent player. Like today, I forget the map but basically MM gave us a team with 7 heavy tanks in a tier 6-8 battle and they were all tier 7 and 8 Heavies. Yet somehow a T95 and myself in my O-Ni managed to hold an entire flank by ourselves with an SPG providing ranged support. I took out two green stat Tiger P's and a yellow Tiger I and the T95 took out three other heavies on his own. Only way this ws possible is because I was angling my armor, moving at the right time, ducking in and out of the rock I was using for cover. 

Bad teams, bad MM, bad RNG may play a small part in your downfall but it's mainly your fault. You need to keep studying the Game Mechanics and Keep experimenting ways to stay alive longer. I am not a great player, hell I suck I have a three digit orange Wn8 but I am slowly improving. 

THIS ^^^^^

TRK213_Turkey #17 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 15:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6335 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jun 27 2017 - 13:37, said:

pubby's have been messing that up since the game launched.

This is so true. The trick is reading the enemy positions and intent and finding a way to counter their actions. I'm not good but I don't just do things randomly; I always have some goal in mind. Getting good involves knowing what's going to work and what is a bad idea in a particular situation.

For example I was playing my T71 in a match on the Karelia map (I think) from the north end a while back. I had spotted an enemy Hellcat and Panzer at the south end of that valley on the west side. Two of our heavies moved past me and engaged but were taking hits for not a lot of progress. If I joined in my own light tank probably would not last long and I would mostly just be in the way. I decided to try to get behind the enemy tanks and hit them from the rear. I ambushed and killed an enemy Cromwell who seemed to be trying the same trick on us. From the count of enemy tanks remaining and accounted for I didn't think anyone was waiting the corridor so I moved down reloading as I went. I swung in behind the enemy tanks and killed the Panzer before they even noticed me. I got the Hellcat as he was traversing his turret to engage me. That left the enemy west flank open and I lead our heavies south and around towards the enemy cap. I got another enemy TD who was trying to shift over from their east group and the heavies got the enemy arty. As we were now hitting the enemy east group from two sides they didn't last long. 

So, bottom line, my ad hoc "plan" worked great that time. The trick will be learning to better interpret and react to situations more correctly and more consistently.

Malcontint #18 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 16:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26680 battles

View PostRedBaronK, on Jun 27 2017 - 00:19, said:

Perfect response. I'd buy you a beer if I weren't at work atm.

SteelRonin #19 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 18:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23071 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

View PostMothermoy, on Jun 27 2017 - 01:05, said:

I can't agree more with you.

MayhemUndyTkr #20 Posted Jun 27 2017 - 21:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39559 battles

View PostArmNeilStrong, on Jun 26 2017 - 23:45, said:

1089 recent and 49% aren't nearly "pretty good". You've barely met the server average and given the average intellect of the population that bar is very low. Being more humble and learning gets you to your goal faster. I've taught a player from zero and they have 1800 recents at barely 1k games.

<<< *looks for sign up sheet*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users