Jump to content


9.20 Supertest of Rebalanced Vehicles: German tanks


  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

ShookYang #41 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 00:03

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 8437 battles
  • 991
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostMikosah, on Jun 28 2017 - 09:20, said:

Wrong nerf. Armor is the problem, not hit points or DPM.

 

Armor has the inherent issue that it forces one of a few things to happen. It encourages gold spam, thereby increasing the cost of playing the high tiers. If the gold spam is successful, then consider all that armor worthless. If the gold spam is unsuccessful, then the armor becomes game-breaking. If only durability were modeled with the emphasis on hit points instead, all of these problems would have been avoided.

Sooo....a TOG II of German Tier 10 HTs?



Spirtwalker #42 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 02:59

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28840 battles
  • 221
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013
These nerfs are required, however, the Maus armor needs to go back to what it was before HD. In other words: balanced. 

Mikosah #43 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 23:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 17512 battles
  • 3,058
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View PostShookYang, on Jun 28 2017 - 17:03, said:

Sooo....a TOG II of German Tier 10 HTs?

 

Would that really be such a bad thing? 

vonshaunus #44 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 01:05

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 26727 battles
  • 114
  • [555TN] 555TN
  • Member since:
    01-04-2011

View PostCrisis7, on Jun 28 2017 - 17:22, said:

Well making the hull underside much thinner will mean that 

I can easily splash the underside with arty for a lot of damage. 

 

Yeah well I guess they thought arty hits under the front plate therefore splashing the floor should not do 20 damage to a tank I guess, when the underside is in reality not really armoured. Other tanks take big damage on those hits, it wasnt really fair to other heavies that the maus was not.

Sturm_Teufel #45 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 01:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 40579 battles
  • 3,609
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011

View Postdance210, on Jun 28 2017 - 08:31, said:

Tankers,

 

This time, on the Supertest server, we will be testing some changes to the Tier IX and X super-heavy German tanks on the Maus branch as well as the Tier VIII Premium tank destroyer 8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger.

 

German heavy tanks

Let’s start with the top of the line. Recently the technical characteristics of the Maus have been changed which resulted in a significant boost to its battle effectiveness. After having checked your feedback and statistics carefully, we decided to do some updates and to adjust the capabilities of this vehicle.

What will be changed? The Maus will retain its core quality of being an armored fortress, despite the fact that its firepower and amount of hit points will be decreased. We will also fix the thickness of the armor of the hull bottom from 250 mm to 50 mm.

 

 

The situation with the Mäuschen is a bit different. We want to help you with your efforts in researching Tier X, so we will test a variant of the Mäuschen with increased mobility on the standard suspension. Thanks to this change, the Mäuschen will be more comfortable to play and it will be easier to completely research it.

 

8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger

We will also revise the characteristics of the Jagdtiger 8,8. Its mobility will be improved and brought to the level of its researchable counterpart: Tier IX Jagdtiger. There will be no longer a situation where vehicles with the same weight and engine power have different mobility.

:facepalm:What the hell? Dance, are the devs inbred? Did they eat too many lead chips as children? Or is it that their parents didn't have any children that lived?

The Maus is a BIG target, it does not need to lose any hit points or firepower. Bottom armor reduction? Sure, no problem, not a big deal.

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jun 28 2017 - 09:12, said:

 

Then make the Maus gun better than it is.  Just because whiners can't take on a Maus is no reason to adjust it.  They simply need to learn how to play.  If my Super Pershing can pen it, from the front using premium shells then they have no excuse nor does it need nerfing.

 

^This.^ WG seems bent on nerfing anything and everything that out performs any Russian tank. Sigh...... RIP WoT

jimisphlat #46 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 12:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1931 battles
  • 220
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
Well I'm grinding for the Maus and still look forward to it. The bottom armor is nothing to worry about as long as you don't flip, the HP drop however is a little disappointing.

CanOfTomatoes #47 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 16:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19593 battles
  • 3,885
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on Jun 28 2017 - 10:49, said:

The baddies who don't know how to aim for weak spots have been heard! 

 

5500 matches in 4 years and the bulk of them in Heavy's 3000+ ...interesting some people have the gall to say this it really precious...

CanOfTomatoes #48 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 16:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19593 battles
  • 3,885
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

View PostNovaTempest, on Jun 28 2017 - 14:57, said:

 

THANK GOD FOR THAT LAST BIT! I am one of the owners of that tank and feel like its very noticeable downgrade from the Jagdtiger which I also own (even though I love it to pieces). Thank you so much for this. I honestly feel like them not tinkering with older premiums so they aren't power-crept on isn't that great of a policy. (The E25 doesn't quite feel as accurate as it used to be over the course of the many changes made, but that might be just me...)

I am with leftist though, "will this be enough?" is the question indeed for the Jagdtiger 88.


 

As for the maus and mauschen changes, we'll see.
 

 

E-25 has less speed and accuracy its a minimal secret power creep because the devs simply cant leave crap alone but dont dare announce they tinkered with a sacred relic of the past...yet they ignore so many simple changes to bring tanks more in line especially older Prems and Tech tree. PERHAPS it would be easier for them if after a period of time they simply lower by one tier any tanks that are failing to keep up with the new ones...that way they dont have to think or tinker with anything...trying to bring it down to a level they can handle you know!

wXwXw #49 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 23:54

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16936 battles
  • 80
  • [R0GU3] R0GU3
  • Member since:
    05-28-2015

These changes are reasonable but I am not sure about the 250 mm to 50 mm. Do you mean the lower plate? Please, make sure you don't get carried away and nerf Maus so much that it becomes garbage again. Do not take advice from super unics, they are selfish and all they care is their Russian Meds ( am not saying that they are op). It just I saw Anfield play against baby Maus in his T62A. Hull down he penned every second shot while Maus failed every time to pen the T62's turret. Yet, Anfield whined about having a hard time penning the super heavy frontally.

 

Also, JT 8.8 need better APCR. It is very hard to carry games against the new heavy armour with AP (203 pen) or APCR (230 ish).



wXwXw #50 Posted Jul 01 2017 - 00:07

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16936 battles
  • 80
  • [R0GU3] R0GU3
  • Member since:
    05-28-2015

View PostSpirtwalker, on Jun 29 2017 - 02:59, said:

These nerfs are required, however, the Maus armor needs to go back to what it was before HD. In other words: balanced. 

 

You are the example I was saying earlier. Your opinion does not matter. What you care is your Meds and Lts be able to outmanoeuvre and outplay super heavies with  bad armour. You want to Hull down against Maus and pet it with your HEAT while Maus having no chance to pen you at all. If you are looking for an OP tank, take a look at your 907 you have in the garage !!!


Edited by wXwXw, Jul 01 2017 - 00:07.


heyuhoser1 #51 Posted Jul 01 2017 - 07:59

    Private

  • Players
  • 15593 battles
  • 7
  • [HCK] HCK
  • Member since:
    02-21-2013
How about we go back to when armor meant something, lights didn't have super pen gold shells, and guns under 120 cal could actually pen a tank without freaking gold.

Firecyde #52 Posted Jul 01 2017 - 09:40

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 59760 battles
  • 137
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

Nerf the Bat and the Maus and then introduce the WZ5A.... More gold and free xp must be spent!

 

 



reaper_swpz #53 Posted Jul 01 2017 - 14:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10916 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

Will auto bounce ever be looked at? Tier 9+ Swedish TD enjoy complete immunity from all MT in the game frontally (even some HT), with their rotation this can keep it this way as well. That's just bad design. Angling, okay, maneuvering okay, sitting still and only turning to face without a single weak spot? That's rubbish. Maus at least takes skill to play to put things into perspective.

 

Side note, Russian bias? Maus and or E-100 will rape any Russian HT anytime if both use gold, there's no contest at all, not sure where the bias is.

 

 


Edited by reaper_swpz, Jul 01 2017 - 14:49.


24cups #54 Posted Jul 01 2017 - 20:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20520 battles
  • 564
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostAl_Capones_Gang, on Jun 28 2017 - 12:26, said:

Spoiler

Yet you cant fix the friends list :sceptic:

 

You go to all the trouble of multiple spoilers then misspell "your".

MountainLion1 #55 Posted Jul 02 2017 - 05:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18234 battles
  • 957
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014
What is sad is people say the Maus is OP when you spend a lot of your time in it chasing a battle that you don't quite get to in time. The  slow speed and maneuverability makes it a setting duck for any medium tank player to just run circles around it putting one shot right after another in it without you being able to do much about it. This tank is not OP in its current state, thats the facts like it or not.

rich73 #56 Posted Jul 02 2017 - 10:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 43370 battles
  • 5,159
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
They need to buff everything to catch up with the current premiums.

Iggybug #57 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 05:00

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 42655 battles
  • 33
  • [ADP] ADP
  • Member since:
    01-24-2011

you want to take on a Maus, run a T49 super OP light tank, will kill the Maus in 4 shots, and with its super op armor, the T49 can take plenty of hits from the Maus. and yes this is true, I had a super op T49 shoot my Jg E100 in the front armor and take 700 hit points off well I bounced a round off his front armor as he came straight at me. and befor anybody jumps up and trys to say he was angled, he only has what, 30mm of front armor, no angle should bounce from the Jg E100. light tanks are way op in this game.

 



blapowski #58 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 05:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28954 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostIggybug, on Jul 03 2017 - 04:00, said:

you want to take on a Maus, run a T49 super OP light tank, will kill the Maus in 4 shots, and with its super op armor, the T49 can take plenty of hits from the Maus. and yes this is true, I had a super op T49 shoot my Jg E100 in the front armor and take 700 hit points off well I bounced a round off his front armor as he came straight at me. and befor anybody jumps up and trys to say he was angled, he only has what, 30mm of front armor, no angle should bounce from the Jg E100. light tanks are way op in this game.

 

 

I've run into the light OP problem a lot. I can't tell you how many times I've shot a Bulldog or T49 in the side with a Tier X gun and nothing. Didn't even slow them down! You'd think it would at least blow a track off or do SOME kind of damage. 

ToothDecay #59 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 08:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 25289 battles
  • 5,615
  • [NARC] NARC
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postdance210, on Jun 28 2017 - 11:31, said:

Tankers,

 

This time, on the Supertest server, we will be testing some changes to the Tier IX and X super-heavy German tanks on the Maus branch as well as the Tier VIII Premium tank destroyer 8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger.

 

German heavy tanks

Let’s start with the top of the line. Recently the technical characteristics of the Maus have been changed which resulted in a significant boost to its battle effectiveness. After having checked your feedback and statistics carefully, we decided to do some updates and to adjust the capabilities of this vehicle.

What will be changed? The Maus will retain its core quality of being an armored fortress, despite the fact that its firepower and amount of hit points will be decreased. We will also fix the thickness of the armor of the hull bottom from 250 mm to 50 mm.

 

 

The situation with the Mäuschen is a bit different. We want to help you with your efforts in researching Tier X, so we will test a variant of the Mäuschen with increased mobility on the standard suspension. Thanks to this change, the Mäuschen will be more comfortable to play and it will be easier to completely research it.

 

8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger

We will also revise the characteristics of the Jagdtiger 8,8. Its mobility will be improved and brought to the level of its researchable counterpart: Tier IX Jagdtiger. There will be no longer a situation where vehicles with the same weight and engine power have different mobility.

 

8.8 JT, ok.

 

Maus, NO NO NO.

 

Just. no.

Yet you have the gall to buff Russian Meds. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<   I own them, so yay.  But, BUT, Russian mediums DO NOT NEED buffs.

Work on what is needed, not the squeakiest  wheel of the week.


Edited by ToothDecay, Jul 03 2017 - 08:05.


ToothDecay #60 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 16:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 25289 battles
  • 5,615
  • [NARC] NARC
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
OP, LEAVE MAUS ALONE !!!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users