9.20 Supertest of Rebalanced Vehicles: German tanks

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Turmoilx #61 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 17:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56317 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

why am i not a super tester, is 55k battles not experienced enough to give feedback about what i think of your game updates/changes? i dont know how super testing works compared to test server but it seems like not enough players have access to it

but then again iv never really looked into it always wondered what its about and how though

Drseckzytime #62 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 16120 battles
  • [PBLRD] PBLRD

Maus nerfs were needed, lets be realistic here.  Heck, even some popular streamers tracked the Maus and the WR went up 6 or 7%?  That's a little too much.  If it's going to be a mobile bunker defender/break through tank, and have that armor, it can't have a great gun.  It's not russian.

Also, all this "special feeling" for tanks and stuff.  What about the Leopard 1 since those global changes to accuracy a while back and RNG where it can't snipe no where near like it used to do to all the RNG stray shots.  It's mobility is matched by others.  It's armor is still a joke.  You might as well run the E50M, at least you'll bounce a thing or two, ram things, and have a better gun.  What makes the Leopard 1 special feeling now?  That special feeling of the most ammo-racked or one-shot by arty med in the game?  It's funny too, because technically in RL it would be one-of if not thee most deadly tank in the game.

Edited by Drseckzytime, Jul 04 2017 - 19:46.

Finnegan_Gromyko #63 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 22:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8942 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Previous poster is right. The Leo 1 has the worst WR and damage/game stats in WoT. It desperately needs some love.

The Maus buffs on the other hand went way over the top, and you can see it as the tank now boasts an average WR of more than 55 per cent!!!

If you want to be a Bluenicum, just get a Maus and play on easy mode. 

On the other hand, the geniuses at WG are nerfing the BatChat to death. Give the Maus impenetrable armour, and take away the Batchat's pen and alpha?

Thanks WG!

Laserpro130 #64 Posted Jul 05 2017 - 17:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7756 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jun 28 2017 - 18:12, said:

Then make the Maus gun better than it is.  Just because whiners can't take on a Maus is no reason to adjust it.  They simply need to learn how to play.  If my Super Pershing can pen it, from the front using premium shells then they have no excuse nor does it need nerfing.

Are you trolling or did you not just realise you said pen from the front with premium rounds...

3sqd2Dragoons #65 Posted Jul 05 2017 - 23:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 22612 battles
  • [JAWN] JAWN
I would still like to see a buff and rerelease of the Jagdpanzer Kanone. Obviously work was done to introduce that tier VIII premium in the first place, it seems a shame to just drop it without attempting to make it more popular.

RagnarokBazil #66 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 13:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18163 battles
  • [JOJO] JOJO

View PostBrassFire, on Jun 28 2017 - 13:12, said:

50mm? That's... Not good. I can understand nerfing it a bit but removing 200mm is just ridiculous. The Traktor can pen that!

Its the underside of the tank not the lowerplate lol

PanzerGruppenstaffe #67 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 06:01

Captain

• Players
  • 41423 battles

View PostSpirtwalker, on Jun 29 2017 - 02:59, said:

These nerfs are required, however, the Maus armor needs to go back to what it was before HD. In other words: balanced. 

Remind me why a Super Heavy should have a turret penetrable by a standard AP round from a T10 Medium Tank, but those same T10 Meds have impenetrable turrets by even the premium round of that same Super Heavy?

That was the situation before and it wasn't balanced with the Maus and T-62.

JPhoenix12 #68 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 17:15

Private

• Players
  • 20723 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

Yeah... so now some Russian 8-9 mediums will have better side turret armor then the maus's front. ***king brilliant lol. As if Russian mediums needed any help.

Notice how there's no page for the russian changes??? Hmm.......

Insurrectional_Leftist #69 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 44596 battles

View PostJPhoenix12, on Jul 27 2017 - 16:15, said:

Yeah... so now some Russian 8-9 mediums will have better side turret armor then the maus's front. ***king brilliant lol. As if Russian mediums needed any help.

Notice how there's no page for the russian changes??? Hmm.......

Yea, how true. As if the Russian mediums didn't need anymore buffs for their god complex bias in the game as it is... :sceptic:

teamoldmill #70 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 01:03

Major

• Players
  • 14284 battles

JT 88 gets a traverse buff from 22 to 26 degrees, 20% worse bloom. Ya, that fixes things.... stupid. Now it will be competitive.

Maus might need a slight nerf, but most of the tanks buffed or nerfed are not the ones that need it most. I still cannot wrap my head around WG. Tanks that lag behind 4% to 5% for years and years get nothing while average and even good tanks get buffs. Dumb. Indien Panzer? Ha. PTA? Leo? Blah. Heh lets buff the 140..... Let's give medium tanks with great depression impenetrable turrets....

I remember way back some dev saying they were going to give nations back their flavors...

mrmojo #71 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 01:37

Captain

• Players
  • 18136 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
We know what flavour WG wants the Germans to be...

Drseckzytime #72 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 01:53

Major

• Players
  • 16120 battles
  • [PBLRD] PBLRD

View Postmrmojo, on Jul 27 2017 - 19:37, said:

We know what flavour WG wants the Germans to be...

Garbage?  Because that's what it is.  They refuse to touch the Leo-1, and effectively nerfed it when they made sweeping accuracy rng changes.  This dev is amateur league with this stuff.

Insurrectional_Leftist #73 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 08:01

Major

• Players
  • 44596 battles

View Postteamoldmill, on Jul 28 2017 - 00:03, said:

JT 88 gets a traverse buff from 22 to 26 degrees, 20% worse bloom. Ya, that fixes things.... stupid. Now it will be competitive.

Maus might need a slight nerf, but most of the tanks buffed or nerfed are not the ones that need it most. I still cannot wrap my head around WG. Tanks that lag behind 4% to 5% for years and years get nothing while average and even good tanks get buffs. Dumb. Indien Panzer? Ha. PTA? Leo? Blah. Heh lets buff the 140..... Let's give medium tanks with great depression impenetrable turrets....

I remember way back some dev saying they were going to give nations back their flavors...

Heck, I thought they said they were giving the JT 88 a speed buff, an possible armor buff. Now, only this ^. JT 88 is going to need more than that. As if Tier 8 is not screwed up enough already. 

XCER #74 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 08:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67000 battles
  • [BGPSN] BGPSN
wow, you cry and care alot about some french TD but you screw the german TD's every chance you get, why did I bother spending time and money on the WTE-100? the grill 15 is a joke of a replacement and you even nerfed that too?...and they get to keep the foch 50 (155) while you add/replace it?......may the fleas of a thousand dead crows infest your office WG....your logic and identity is on par with criminals.

PANICWAVE #75 Posted Jul 30 2017 - 15:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3581 battles
who cares about hit point cut if you cant pen it ?

Laenio #76 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 19:18

Private

• Players
  • 21868 battles
  • [RESIS] RESIS
Tanks that can pen Maus frontal down plate: Tier 6 or higher, including KV-2 derp... ¬¬' Tier 10 with 50mm armor on the front is a joke!? (Typer 5 Heavy frontal 'weak' spot have 260mm effective armor) RIP Maus.

Tahllol #77 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 01:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7411 battles

View Postdance210, on Jun 28 2017 - 17:31, said:

Tankers,

This time, on the Supertest server, we will be testing some changes to the Tier IX and X super-heavy German tanks on the Maus branch as well as the Tier VIII Premium tank destroyer 8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger.

German heavy tanks

Let’s start with the top of the line. Recently the technical characteristics of the Maus have been changed which resulted in a significant boost to its battle effectiveness. After having checked your feedback and statistics carefully, we decided to do some updates and to adjust the capabilities of this vehicle.

What will be changed? The Maus will retain its core quality of being an armored fortress, despite the fact that its firepower and amount of hit points will be decreased. We will also fix the thickness of the armor of the hull bottom from 250 mm to 50 mm.

The situation with the Mäuschen is a bit different. We want to help you with your efforts in researching Tier X, so we will test a variant of the Mäuschen with increased mobility on the standard suspension. Thanks to this change, the Mäuschen will be more comfortable to play and it will be easier to completely research it.

8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger

We will also revise the characteristics of the Jagdtiger 8,8. Its mobility will be improved and brought to the level of its researchable counterpart: Tier IX Jagdtiger. There will be no longer a situation where vehicles with the same weight and engine power have different mobility.

None of the OP german tanks needed buffing at all, you just made the OP Mäuschen even stronger as a tier 9. Basically your damn love of the German and Japanese lines is pissing people off to the point they are quitting. You nerfed the Russian heavies to being useless as crapand this IS7 buff isn't a buff its a JOKE. Stop boosting your already OP tanks

The 8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger last I checked was a tier 8 prem and doesn't need boosted to tier 9 stats and abilities it a tier 8.

View PostBrassFire, on Jun 28 2017 - 19:12, said:

50mm? That's... Not good. I can understand nerfing it a bit but removing 200mm is just ridiculous. The Traktor can pen that!

The needed to give it an actual weak spot but its still OP as if its Hull down you can't pen it anywhere else. IT isn't suppose to be OMG nothing can pen me without being tier 10 and shooting premium rounds while I kill everything on the other team. It still is the most OP tank in the game 10 fold.

stalkervision #78 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 04:44

Major

• Players
  • 49841 battles

View Postdance210, on Jun 28 2017 - 11:31, said:

Tankers,

This time, on the Supertest server, we will be testing some changes to the Tier IX and X super-heavy German tanks on the Maus branch as well as the Tier VIII Premium tank destroyer 8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger.

German heavy tanks

Let’s start with the top of the line. Recently the technical characteristics of the Maus have been changed which resulted in a significant boost to its battle effectiveness. After having checked your feedback and statistics carefully, we decided to do some updates and to adjust the capabilities of this vehicle.

What will be changed? The Maus will retain its core quality of being an armored fortress, despite the fact that its firepower and amount of hit points will be decreased. We will also fix the thickness of the armor of the hull bottom from 250 mm to 50 mm.

The situation with the Mäuschen is a bit different. We want to help you with your efforts in researching Tier X, so we will test a variant of the Mäuschen with increased mobility on the standard suspension. Thanks to this change, the Mäuschen will be more comfortable to play and it will be easier to completely research it.

8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger

We will also revise the characteristics of the Jagdtiger 8,8. Its mobility will be improved and brought to the level of its researchable counterpart: Tier IX Jagdtiger. There will be no longer a situation where vehicles with the same weight and engine power have different mobility.

Ya, the Black Prince sucks the big one. At this point IF I could play a LEE to get to the Canarvin I would that's how BAD it is. Put that on your super test list as a tank that needs a major BUFF. Everyone knows it.

Baal_Zann #79 Posted Aug 18 2017 - 10:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 34347 battles
  • [HIWAY] HIWAY

View Postdance210, on Jun 29 2017 - 01:31, said:

Tankers,

German heavy tanks

8,8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger

I agreed with this right up until you said hull bottom

You want HE shots to pen it??? that's beyond stupid

JaguarXF #80 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 55756 battles
Anybody have an idea on what 2 new premiums are gonna be offered in September? I am pretty sure one will be the Tiger 217 (Otto Carius) Tier 6  Premium German tank but what would be the other one. I am impatient and cant wait for them to announce it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users