Dispersion                 .36                                 .36

Pen (APCR)             175                               177

DPM                         2418                             2556

Hull Front                   25mm                          38mm

Turret Front                25mm                         57mm

Camo (Stationary)        29.38                        37

View Range                 473                            499

Top Speed                   68                             48

So, you ask, what's this mystery tank that's barely any better that a Bulldog with its top gun?  The same, really, you say?

Spoiler

The Bulldog is so bad now I'm gonna sell it when I maybe get the crap Sheridan, just to give my old Bulldog crew something to do.  Try to imagine this happening to the good old Bulldog 6 months ago.  You always thought they'd nerf the autoloader, but good grief, the whole package sucks bad now.  This is what happens when you make game change decisions when you see WoT  as a 'business model'  and not a fun game.  The bulldog was fun, nobody complained.  Got rid of it to make people buy something else.

OseanTanker #2 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 21162 battles

You have left out alpha damage, dispersion values when moving/turning, power to weight, hit points, track transverse, turret transverse, camo on the move (which is important for light tanks), and much much more in order to shift the data in favor of your bias. That and you are comparing the standard pen of the M41 to the premium round of the M10. That is not a logical comparison at all.

I am not saying that light tanks are not in a bad place and have been over nerfed, but if you are going to try and make an argument for them being buffed, then do it the right way. That being said, I too sold my Bulldog for the T71. The Bulldog was nerfed so hard it is sad.

GaussDeath #3 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49937 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

Your comparison is disingenuous

1) You are comparing tanks with equipment and crew skills without specifying what equipment and crew skills each tank has. 
2) You are comparing non-premium to premium ammunition. 
3) Your view ranges are comparing apples to oranges due to you mounting different equipment on each tank. Mount the same equipment (or none) and then compare them. (answer: Bulldog wins)
4) You are also leaving out a whole lot of stats that, frankly, make the Bulldog a viable tank. Engine power to weight ratio, terrain resistance, etc. 

P.S. I do fine in the new light tank meta, far better than I did before 9.18. Even with the nerfs. 

QuicksilverJPR #4 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 21136 battles
  • [RPG] RPG
What these two guys above me said (I was typing those exact things and they are faster at it)  ;)

Awestryker #5 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 19:31

Captain

• Players
  • 22656 battles

I play light tanks a LOT the last 2,500 or so games...

Most lights took a decent hit in some way, but they also got boosted in a sense because they now are tiered like other tanks, which means they dont see +3 any more...

However, my list of decent or good light tanks has changed and some of the decent or good ones before the "light tank apocalypse" are now not very decent or good...

But, there are some light tanks that are still very good...

My list of good or decent lights now:

- Tier 4: Luchs

- Tier 5: VK 16.02 Leopard

- Tier 6: 59-16, Type 64 (get this ASAP in case it ever leaves shop - its OP)

- Tier 7: T71, AMX 13 57 GF (also OP and may never be for sale again - yeah right), Type 62

- Tier 8: M 41 90 mm GF (also OP and may never be for sale again - yeah right), LTTB, WZ-132

- Tier 9: T49 (I am still not used to playing this tank - which means I suck in it), T-54 ltwt, AMX 13 90

- Tier 10: still not sure on these yet but I like the WZ-132-1 the most between that and the Rhien, which are the only two I have so far...

The Chinese lights didn't seem to take as much of a hit with the "light tank apocalypse" changes as did other nations...

I used to LUV playing the MT-25, had a blast with it and had like 1,500+ games just in that tank, but I sold that now...

Edited by Awestryker, Jun 29 2017 - 20:00.

Toxicity73 #6 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 19:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9476 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 29 2017 - 11:27, said:

What these two guys above me said (I was typing those exact things and they are faster at it)  ;)

LOL you got ninjaed

galspanic #7 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 19:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 22203 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

View Postdave1y, on Jun 29 2017 - 10:15, said:

Not any more.

EgoSpartan #8 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 21:10

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21479 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostGaussDeath, on Jun 29 2017 - 10:24, said:

P.S. I do fine in the new light tank meta, far better than I did before 9.18. Even with the nerfs. 

I agree with yo!!.  For me lights are the new meta, I know that sounds crazy.  But I have never had more fun in my lights until the changes!! in 9.18

Tazilon #9 Posted Jul 11 2017 - 04:57

Major

• Players
  • 91176 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View PostGaussDeath, on Jun 29 2017 - 12:24, said:

1) You are comparing tanks with equipment and crew skills without specifying what equipment and crew skills each tank has. 
2) You are comparing non-premium to premium ammunition. 
3) Your view ranges are comparing apples to oranges due to you mounting different equipment on each tank. Mount the same equipment (or none) and then compare them. (answer: Bulldog wins)
4) You are also leaving out a whole lot of stats that, frankly, make the Bulldog a viable tank. Engine power to weight ratio, terrain resistance, etc. 

The new light tanks suck and we all know it.  Not only did most of them get major nerfs but none of the tanks they fight against got nerfed.  Yes, they lost a tier of enemy (stupid in its own right as that nerfs income and xp) but the vast majority of tanks they face are the exact same tanks they faced before.  Minor nerfs - understandable - multiple nerfs - totally uncalled for.  Worse, the nerfs eliminated much of the uniqueness of many of the lights.  With few exceptions, now they all play the exact same way.   9.18 ranks as one of the changes in WOT history.

Edited by Tazilon, Jul 11 2017 - 05:01.

GaussDeath #10 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 07:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49937 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTazilon, on Jul 10 2017 - 20:57, said:

The new light tanks suck and we all know it.  Not only did most of them get major nerfs but none of the tanks they fight against got nerfed.  Yes, they lost a tier of enemy (stupid in its own right as that nerfs income and xp) but the vast majority of tanks they face are the exact same tanks they faced before.  Minor nerfs - understandable - multiple nerfs - totally uncalled for.  Worse, the nerfs eliminated much of the uniqueness of many of the lights.  With few exceptions, now they all play the exact same way.   9.18 ranks as one of the changes in WOT history.

I did not state I agree with the scope of the nerfs. I was pointing out he was not making an accurate comparison. 

Still, I have been doing far better in the new setup than the old. I disagree that they see the 'same tanks'. 

Before 9.18
If you were bottom tier light you saw tanks that were 3 tiers higher. Good luck with that. 
Even the tanks that were of non-light bottom tier were 1 tier higher. 

After 9.18
Now, if you are bottom tier you have no shortage of tanks at the same exact tier. You can rip them apart easily. 
The tanks 1 tier higher? you can still readily hurt. 
The tanks 2 tiers higher? there are few of those, you can avoid them. 
The tanks 3 tiers higher? No longer exist. 

Sure, they nerfed lights...but the net effect, for me, has been a resounding success. 

I do agree though that they generally play too similarly, they have lost much of their differences. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users