Jump to content


They've changed MM alright.


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

fred_632 #1 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 21:55

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • 121
  • [TBM] TBM
  • Member since:
    09-15-2015

BE3J0EH.png

 

If this is how the new MM will match us up, I don't like it. There were a lot of Heavy Tanks in the Queue waiting for battle and we got this, even the RU players weren't happy and if they complain then its bad



_GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 22:00

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 1,155
  • Member since:
    05-15-2017

What's wrong with perfectly equal (from a class standpoint) ??

 

You didn't have to worry about any nasty Heavies or Mediums.



fred_632 #3 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 22:03

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • 121
  • [TBM] TBM
  • Member since:
    09-15-2015

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Jun 29 2017 - 22:00, said:

What's wrong with perfectly equal (from a class standpoint) ??

 

You didn't have to worry about any nasty Heavies or Mediums.

 

well yeah kinda true that, but it was a tier 8 and 9 battle so heavies and mediums weren't a problem in those battles, with this everyone was camping because there were no Heavies or Mediums to push so we just sat there for like 7-8 minutes

Bob_5000 #4 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 22:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29171 battles
  • 82
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
this mm is worse than before. ranked isnt better, got sand river where our team had no scout while the enemy had one. and there was 3 arty on each team. guess which team had a splashfest? 

ImNotMad_ImDisappoint #5 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 22:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19140 battles
  • 1,027
  • Member since:
    11-23-2013
My favorite thing about the new mm is always being in tier 9 battles in my pref 8s, and having 3 mauses vs 3 50b's

BaconMeLoveIt #6 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 22:41

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12672 battles
  • 1,747
  • [-STN-] -STN-
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016
TD festival. And players still think an SPG on a match is bad.

Vampiresbane #7 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 22:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23678 battles
  • 1,016
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011
I have noticed many matches having predominately tds of the 15 player slots available.  It's very odd as I wouldn't say that's an overly played class by any means.

DeathNACan #8 Posted Jul 06 2017 - 08:02

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21568 battles
  • 106
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

I submit that teams should be matched based on the following criteria to better ensure game balance...

 

1. Personal Rating, range of 3000

2. Tank Tier, Class and Modules

3. Skill of Crew, number of perks and skills

 

Personal rating of teams should be as follows:

0000-3000

3001-6000

6001-9000

9001+

 

Logic:

Number 1 prevents "Seal Clubbing"

Number 2 Ensures that teams will have tanks of equal mobility and firepower.

Number 3 Ensures that players are not disadvantaged by game mechanics.  It is simply an uneven match-up when to place a T-67 whose crew has no perks or skills against one that has two or more even if the modules are the same.

 

 



Tahllol #9 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 03:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 7411 battles
  • 542
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostDeathNACan, on Jul 06 2017 - 08:02, said:

I submit that teams should be matched based on the following criteria to better ensure game balance...

 

1. Personal Rating, range of 3000

2. Tank Tier, Class and Modules

3. Skill of Crew, number of perks and skills

 

Personal rating of teams should be as follows:

0000-3000

3001-6000

6001-9000

9001+

 

Logic:

Number 1 prevents "Seal Clubbing"

Number 2 Ensures that teams will have tanks of equal mobility and firepower.

Number 3 Ensures that players are not disadvantaged by game mechanics.  It is simply an uneven match-up when to place a T-67 whose crew has no perks or skills against one that has two or more even if the modules are the same.

 

 

 

Except PR isn't a very good indicator of a players skill. High match count useless players can have higher PRs. Being win8 based would be a better way to balance the matches.

Edited by Tahllol, Jul 07 2017 - 03:57.


CaRnAgE_95 #10 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 04:32

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1678 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    03-11-2016

View PostTahllol, on Jul 07 2017 - 03:56, said:

 

Except PR isn't a very good indicator of a players skill. High match count useless players can have higher PRs. Being win8 based would be a better way to balance the matches.

 

It'd be 50000% better than what it is now. Try playing with a brand new account, no skills and grind your way to tier 5. You already have but it seems the longer the game lives on, the harder it is for new players

JakeTheMystic #11 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 08:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17460 battles
  • 282
  • [O-VER] O-VER
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

View PostDeathNACan, on Jul 05 2017 - 23:02, said:

I submit that teams should be matched based on the following criteria to better ensure game balance...

 

1. Personal Rating, range of 3000

2. Tank Tier, Class and Modules

3. Skill of Crew, number of perks and skills

 

Personal rating of teams should be as follows:

0000-3000

3001-6000

6001-9000

9001+

 

Logic:

Number 1 prevents "Seal Clubbing"

Number 2 Ensures that teams will have tanks of equal mobility and firepower.

Number 3 Ensures that players are not disadvantaged by game mechanics.  It is simply an uneven match-up when to place a T-67 whose crew has no perks or skills against one that has two or more even if the modules are the same.

 

 

 

If you want to have 5 minute long wait times; this is how you achieve it. There simply arent enough players on the NA server split between east and west to meet these types of requirements. 

On a second note; putting baby seals to fight against baby seals isnt going to teach them to learn the game as they have nobody to learn from. While on the other hand, putting skilled players against players of the same skill level for ranked battles would ensure a more equal fight and a more true outcome. But as someone stated before, some players can have increased PR simply because they have thousands more battles than the next person in line. Judging by wn8 isnt a good way to sort the players either as I can name dozens of people just from past clans that have 1700+ wn8s just because they have 7k+ battles in the T67 alone..



CanOfTomatoes #12 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 22:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19674 battles
  • 3,915
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

View PostDeathNACan, on Jul 06 2017 - 01:02, said:

I submit that teams should be matched based on the following criteria to better ensure game balance...

 

1. Personal Rating, range of 3000

2. Tank Tier, Class and Modules

3. Skill of Crew, number of perks and skills

 

Personal rating of teams should be as follows:

0000-3000

3001-6000

6001-9000

9001+

 

Logic:

Number 1 prevents "Seal Clubbing"

Number 2 Ensures that teams will have tanks of equal mobility and firepower.

Number 3 Ensures that players are not disadvantaged by game mechanics.  It is simply an uneven match-up when to place a T-67 whose crew has no perks or skills against one that has two or more even if the modules are the same.

 

 

 

​This would give you a five plus minute wait which is something else to [edited]about. Of course then you would want a map skill factored in and win rate in that specific tank the player is driving along with only players wearing blue at that moment..then lets restrict anything you don't like or want maybe even split it up by regional bias or ethnic background...OR perhaps deal with the few matches that are RANDOM that are screwed up and move on to the next match...LETS get crazy here how about doing extra in the screwed up MM matches and win them.. WOW how come no one thought of that as a fix...NVM its easier to come here and cry...damn crying infants that make up the NA population.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Jul 07 2017 - 22:56.


CanOfTomatoes #13 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 22:54

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19674 battles
  • 3,915
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

View PostCaRnAgE_95, on Jul 06 2017 - 21:32, said:

 

It'd be 50000% better than what it is now. Try playing with a brand new account, no skills and grind your way to tier 5. You already have but it seems the longer the game lives on, the harder it is for new players

 

​How is the new account working for you? 

DeathNACan #14 Posted Jul 08 2017 - 04:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21568 battles
  • 106
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jul 07 2017 - 02:27, said:

 

If you want to have 5 minute long wait times; this is how you achieve it. There simply arent enough players on the NA server split between east and west to meet these types of requirements. 

On a second note; putting baby seals to fight against baby seals isnt going to teach them to learn the game as they have nobody to learn from. While on the other hand, putting skilled players against players of the same skill level for ranked battles would ensure a more equal fight and a more true outcome. But as someone stated before, some players can have increased PR simply because they have thousands more battles than the next person in line. Judging by wn8 isnt a good way to sort the players either as I can name dozens of people just from past clans that have 1700+ wn8s just because they have 7k+ battles in the T67 alone..

That's exactly what I would expect someone from Wargamming to say to justify not wanting to spend the resources to make a the change.  We both know that it would require hardware upgrades to do it properly which Wargamming doesn't want to do as it might cut into their profit margin.  As for skills and not learning... really?  Sounds to me like what you are saying is that players are supposed to be motivated by getting seal clubbed all the time by other players with tanks that have higher perked/skilled crews.  Let's face facts, it's more game mechanics then player skill that provides the real advantange in world of tanks. 

 

I only put the part about PR in there to keep from getting a lot of responses from people who have the illusion that player skill somehow counter balances game crew skill, which it doesn't.

 

As to the issue of seal clubbing, Wargamming promised to do something about that a long time ago.  I submit that real most seal clubbing isn't because players are facing players with high PRs, it's because they are facing players whose tanks have more skilled/perked crews.  Drop that from the equasion and recalculate how long the wait time would be. 

 

All that having said, let's look at your response for what it really was which is that a balanced game is just aren't important enough to allow it to effect the bottom line.  Wargamming would rather have a flawed game, take lag and contact list problems for example, than spend money making it better.  They'd rather give away develope, and give away, new preminum tanks than fix the game. 


Edited by DeathNACan, Jul 08 2017 - 17:18.


DeathNACan #15 Posted Jul 08 2017 - 04:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21568 battles
  • 106
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Jul 07 2017 - 16:52, said:

 

​This would give you a five plus minute wait which is something else to [edited]about. Of course then you would want a map skill factored in and win rate in that specific tank the player is driving along with only players wearing blue at that moment..then lets restrict anything you don't like or want maybe even split it up by regional bias or ethnic background...OR perhaps deal with the few matches that are RANDOM that are screwed up and move on to the next match...LETS get crazy here how about doing extra in the screwed up MM matches and win them.. WOW how come no one thought of that as a fix...NVM its easier to come here and cry...damn crying infants that make up the NA population.

 

Same response as below...

That's exactly what I woujld expect someone from Wargamming to say to justify not wanting to spend the resources to make a the change.  We both know that it would require hardware upgrades to do it properly which Wargamming doesn't want to do as it might cut into their profit margin.  As for skills and not learning... really?  Sounds to me like what you are saying is that players are supposed to be motivated by getting seal clubbed all the time by other players with tanks that have higher perked/skilled crews.  Let's face facts, it's more game mechanics then player skill that provides the real advantange in world of tanks. 

 

I only put the part about PR in there to keep from getting a lot of responses from people who have the illusion that player skill somehow counter balances game crew skill, which it doesn't.

 

As to the issue of seal clubbing, Wargamming promised to do something about that a long time ago.  I submit that real most seal clubbing isn't because players are facing players with high PRs, it's because they are facing players whose tanks have more skilled/perked crews.  Drop that from the equasion and recalculate how long the wait time would be. 

 

All that having said, let's look at your response for what it really was which is that a balanced game is just aren't important enough to allow it to effect the bottom line.  Wargamming would rather have a flawed game, take lag and contact list problems for example, than spend money making it better.  They'd rather give away develope, and give away, new preminum tanks than fix the game. 



DeathNACan #16 Posted Jul 08 2017 - 04:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21568 battles
  • 106
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View PostTahllol, on Jul 06 2017 - 21:56, said:

 

Except PR isn't a very good indicator of a players skill. High match count useless players can have higher PRs. Being win8 based would be a better way to balance the matches.

 

Yeah, I know.  I just put that in there so the wannabe Unicoms wouldn't flame me.  Fact is, I could have left that out.

jushu32 #17 Posted Jul 09 2017 - 22:46

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 6613 battles
  • 1
  • [GST] GST
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016
The template should be changed to 7 top tier and 8 bottom tier




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users