Improve graphic setting in Imac

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

benja507pty #1 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 20:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4888 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

Hey, I play in an Imac and max render i can have without lag in FPS is minimun, and i think I should be able to have more graphics in my computer. Here is my computer:

MACOS, SIERRA

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

Version: 10..12.5

Please, ill aprreciate any support.

Fulcrous #2 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 20:51

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28320 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I pray for your wasted dollars.

hector1470 #3 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 30845 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
There is no other way to increase your graphics power in an iMac that I know without doing shady things, if it was a PC or laptop even, it could be possible. Good luck with that thing. 

benja507pty #4 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 22:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4888 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostFulcrous, on Jul 03 2017 - 20:51, said:

I pray for your wasted dollars.

not really a waste of money because its not the only thing I do is play wot.

Fulcrous #5 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 23:11

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28320 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postbenja507pty, on Jul 03 2017 - 13:31, said:

not really a waste of money because its not the only thing I do is play wot.

Even as a workstation, it's wasted dollars.

dstud208 #6 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 00:01

Captain

• Players
  • 17762 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Ignore everyone, for some reason people feel the need to declare what they don't understand to be "useless, stupid, and a waste of dollars". That iMac is anything but.

As far as graphics goes, each machine has a natural limit and you have to sacrifice some areas to gain in others. The biggest impacter on performance is probably the "screen size" that the game is rendering. If you are running the game at full screen and have selected the highest resolution in the "window size" drop down they your computer is rendering at 4K, which is hard for dedicated chips, let alone integrated ones like what you have. So here's what I recommend:

1. Play in windowed mode, at 1080p (1080 x 1920) (I can't remember if it's exactly 1920, but it's something like that)
2. In upping the graphics, start with the textures, they take very little power to run, but a LOT or video ram, you have a good chunk though so you shouldn't notice to much of a hit. I play on high textures and don't really notice anything.
3. Keep everything in sniper mode (grass, special effects, etc) off or low
4. Special effects are more CPU, so crank those up as far as you want
5. Keep post processing down as well as lighting and stuff.

An easy way to set it up nice (in my opinion) is use the Medium or High preset, then go into details and click the "standard" renderer, then drop the special effects in sniper mode to zero. For me that let's me play the game at 60fps and the computer barely got warm (which means I could have done more)

benja507pty #7 Posted Jul 05 2017 - 01:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4888 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View Postdstud208, on Jul 04 2017 - 00:01, said:

Ignore everyone, for some reason people feel the need to declare what they don't understand to be "useless, stupid, and a waste of dollars". That iMac is anything but.

As far as graphics goes, each machine has a natural limit and you have to sacrifice some areas to gain in others. The biggest impacter on performance is probably the "screen size" that the game is rendering. If you are running the game at full screen and have selected the highest resolution in the "window size" drop down they your computer is rendering at 4K, which is hard for dedicated chips, let alone integrated ones like what you have. So here's what I recommend:

1. Play in windowed mode, at 1080p (1080 x 1920) (I can't remember if it's exactly 1920, but it's something like that)
2. In upping the graphics, start with the textures, they take very little power to run, but a LOT or video ram, you have a good chunk though so you shouldn't notice to much of a hit. I play on high textures and don't really notice anything.

An easy way to set it up nice (in my opinion) is use the Medium or High preset, then go into details and click the "standard" renderer, then drop the special effects in sniper mode to zero. For me that let's me play the game at 60fps and the computer barely got warm (which means I could have done more)

Thank you a lot, really appreciate your help, gonna follow your advice. One more time, thank you.

black_colt #8 Posted Jul 05 2017 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postbenja507pty, on Jul 04 2017 - 16:53, said:

Thank you a lot, really appreciate your help, gonna follow your advice. One more time, thank you.

To add to dstud208's expert advice - you can launch the WoT Mac Wrapper, click on [PLAY] - log in [Connect!] - then [Menu] [the little gear in the top left-corner of the garage] - then [Settings] - then [Graphics] - then click on [Recommended] and let the game chose.

See if it works for you then adjust as needed per dstud208's advice.

Hope this helps ...

Endyrym #9 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 02:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8795 battles
  • [RYM] RYM

View Postdstud208, on Jul 03 2017 - 16:01, said:

Also... Try going to settings and adjusting settings:

https://support.appl.../en-us/HT202043

ProfessionalFinn #10 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 09:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15928 battles

View Postdstud208, on Jul 04 2017 - 00:01, said:

Kudos for your thoughtful response. Stopped the trolls too.

black_colt #11 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 23:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jul 13 2017 - 00:35, said:

Kudos for your thoughtful response. Stopped the trolls too.

Perhaps the trolls should read the following article from PC Gamer ...

http://www.pcgamer.c...-it-overpriced/

Quoting the article as:

While Apple may have charged a big premium for its computers years ago, it looks like this is no longer the case today.

I have challenged trolls to produce an All-in-One that has equal/better specifications for equal/less money than my late 2015 27-inch iMac 5K Retina - and to date they have not.  They keep trying to make comparisons with systems that have a separate case and monitor.

Edited by black_colt, Jul 13 2017 - 23:56.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users