How did Armored Warfare die again?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

ToNa3rd #21 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14205 battles

the only mistake they make is = abondaned the pvp,

online game developer must focus on pvp not pve, its the key, if they dont want focus on pvp they should focus on console already not in pc area

Bavor #22 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 23:53

Major

• Players
  • 28153 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

I logged onto Armored Warfare today.  I had 10 platinum supply boxes waiting for me for some unknown reason.  I opened them and got a ton of stuff.  Then I decided to try a PVP battle.  There was ONE player waiting for a PVP battle on the entire server.  Me.  

Nonamanadus #23 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 00:32

Major

• Players
  • 23851 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

View PostBavor, on Sep 10 2017 - 22:53, said:

I logged onto Armored Warfare today.  I had 10 platinum supply boxes waiting for me for some unknown reason.  I opened them and got a ton of stuff.  Then I decided to try a PVP battle.  There was ONE player waiting for a PVP battle on the entire server.  Me.  

What did you think of the graphics?

SpitYoYoMafia #24 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 13:41

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostToNa3rd, on Jul 12 2017 - 09:01, said:

the only mistake they make is = abondaned the pvp,

online game developer must focus on pvp not pve, its the key, if they dont want focus on pvp they should focus on console already not in pc area

many many successful online games solely focus on PvE

shaolinsarge #25 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17071 battles
  • [-BAM-] -BAM-

And war thunder how is ? worth it ?

ToNa3rd #26 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14205 battles

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Sep 13 2017 - 13:41, said:

many many successful online games solely focus on PvE

if so, they must go to focusing console not pc

SomethingDownThere #27 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 23:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 575 battles

From personal experience, I think Crytek game engine that AW uses is better for future games than worn out BigWorld engine here.

Now Mail.Ruin (owners who ruined AW), or is it Fail.Ru? Whichever...

Anyhow, their latest ploy is PlayStation 4 version of game.

So instead of giving full-focus to fixing PC version, which so many players have said good ideas for but went ignored for sake of russian server elitists, instead Mail.Ru chooses to invest in developing a PS4 spin off of the game.

Will no doubt experience the same failures repeated over that they chose to ignore on PC version. Their only saving grace for PS4 version  is that graphics hardware is universal for all players: no need for dumbed-down graphics version for a continent still trying to run a modern game on potato-stat computers.

It is sad it went downhill so fast. But Obsidian talent that built Armored Warfare, wasn't making the business decisions that owners Mail.Ru wanted.

It's sad that the talent that built the game in a year and a half, into something that could've been a golden goose, was thrown to the curb in such short time,

and now Mail.Ru devs struggle to offer players anything more than just the next new-skinned premium vehicle one month after another (even the much despised pay-for-progression-vehicles during their little mercenary-lore war stories events).

Add the fact that, going on over 2 years in development now, their leadership is still too chickens**t to even properly advertise the game to actually GROW an effective player base at all, relying on nothing more than word of mouth. And the players leaving there aren't saying good things to encourage new players to even show up anymore. Couple that to minimal payment options, which I found often too difficult to get effective support in assisting with purchases (I won't trust PayPal ever since they breached my data ages ago, and I had to make the effective solutions while they just stuttered over their failure).

AW had potential. But I seriously doubt it will go anywhere impressive anymore.

I just wish some developers with the revenue and resources would scarf up all those Obsidian folks for all their talent that was just thrown away by negative leadership.

Bavor #28 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 28153 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostNonamanadus, on Sep 10 2017 - 18:32, said:

What did you think of the graphics?

No idea.  I never got into a battle, so I left.  I have no interest in PvE.

Powerwise #29 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 05:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10978 battles

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Jul 07 2017 - 23:27, said:

snap shots and shots on the move were horribly inaccurate as they should be

Didn't AW mostly feature modern-day tanks? I thought modern armoured vehicles had all kinds of fancy stabilized firing systems that allowed them to fire on the move?

GreenTankCore #30 Posted Sep 19 2017 - 04:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21750 battles

What does PvE mean?

Also Wargaming does not produce a rotating map schedule, its just the same friggin maps for a very long time.

Sure they may sprinkle some snow or some fire and junk around an existing map.

Doesnt take a genius programmer to produce more maps.

They arent making enough money most likely, WoT is declining as well. Its very obvious.

Sure they may have a map or two waiting to be put into circulation, when that time comes who knows.

But we all just keep playing the game dont we.

Horribad_At_Tanks #31 Posted Sep 19 2017 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostGreenTankCore, on Sep 18 2017 - 22:30, said:

What does PvE mean?

Also Wargaming does not produce a rotating map schedule, its just the same friggin maps for a very long time.

Sure they may sprinkle some snow or some fire and junk around an existing map.

Doesnt take a genius programmer to produce more maps.

They arent making enough money most likely, WoT is declining as well. Its very obvious.

Sure they may have a map or two waiting to be put into circulation, when that time comes who knows.

But we all just keep playing the game dont we.

Wot is going strong in the ru and eu and they are making zillions of shekels. They were doing new maps every few patches until they did the hd client and started the long process of converting everything into hd. Apparently once the hd map conversions are over they will get back to producing more maps and you can bet there will be some new maps when the hd map patch hits or at least some major changes to existing maps to spice up the meta a bit. I'm more or less happy with the current maps its the rotation that sucks. Logging in to the sure chance of himmelsdorf or ensk or any of the original maps when there are so many others to play gets boring and cuts my playtime.

leon_phelps #32 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 32463 battles
I bought the big beta package played like 20 games unistalled well over 2 years ago :/

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #33 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10019 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostViper69, on Jul 04 2017 - 01:19, said:

The problem is this. You can't pull people away from a game they have a lot of time/money invested in unless it's a awesome game. The problem is that AW was not an awesome game, it was a knockoff and a poorly done one. So people who have a vested interest in WoT give AW a try and realize it's not well done and go back to the game they have time invested in. It's the same reason people still play WoW. There isn't a new game that doesn't it good enough to get people to throw away what they worked for.

This exactly explains my experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users