9.19.1 Client Issues - Please Post Here

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

black_colt #201 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 15:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostUTurnTerminator, on Jul 19 2017 - 03:18, said:

Well, I was finally able to access the forum here to report that the RB wrapper isn't working anymore, similar to others- I can "log in" and then it hangs on the connecting to servers portion forever. Vanilla wrapper doesn't even get that far. Been totally unusable since the end of June.

In a similar vein, I haven't been able to access the WOT website either, so I'm not sure how much of the problem is on me versus them. :unsure:

Just wanted to report that I too am affected. I'll try the roundabout way in a few. I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

So are you still running a [rolled-back] WoT Mac Wrapper or the latest WoT Mac Wrapper with the 9.19.1 game client?

If you are running a [rolled-back] WoT Mac Wrapper...

You will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

If you are running the latest WoT Mac Wrapper and the 9.19.1 game client...

Have you tried the File Sharing work-around proposed by CodeWeavers?

If not, please see the following Post for instructions - http://forum.worldof...0#entry11115120

If this does not work then unfortunately you will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - here is the URL for your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

Taupmatism #202 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 18:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 44264 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
I installed MacOS version 10.12.6 and it works. So now the only problem is the loss of Tank Reward during this break.

CaptFlak #203 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 23:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 10681 battles

View PostPepino1976, on Jul 14 2017 - 00:12, said:

I'm in.

Hello,

We’ve had an update and wanted to report a work around one of our users submitted. You will be able to connect to the World of Tanks servers by turning on File Sharing. Here are the steps to do so:

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing > Toggle on File Sharing

Please note that this only needs to be toggled on to get into the WoT servers. It can be toggled off when entering matches, and I would encourage you to turn it off after logging in.

We are still investigating what caused the actual issues but hopefully this work around will serve in the mean time. Please feel free to share this work around with others experiencing this issue! We want to make sure everyone is able to play the game even though this is only a temporary work around. Rest assured we are trying to find a permanent fix!

Best regards,
Katie
Codeweavers Tech Support

Wow it worked for me too... I'm feeling much better now :)   Thanks!

black_colt #204 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 23:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

Have been in correspondence with CodeWeavers - there is good news and bad news.

For detailed information see this Forum post -      Good News and Bad News in regards to the inability to connect to the NA servers from CodeWeavers    

Turdl_lobber #205 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 04:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 1664 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 16 2017 - 02:40, said:

There have been several solutions that have worked for other - review this Forum for the CodeWeavers solution involving File Sharing, my solution starting/stopping SMB and others.

​Thanks!

I'm running Sierra and had this issue. Turning file sharing ON fixed it for me.

greenivanof #206 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 16:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 14079 battles
  • [FRAME] FRAME

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 12 2017 - 21:49, said:

I recommend that you download and install the Studly Utility from dstud208.  Look for a post from him and the download link[s] are in his post signature.

The following steps will completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper with the Studly Utility and require you to reinstall.

Next Steps To Take

Go to /Documents/WoT and then duplicate your [Replays] folder.  After it is duplicated move that folder to somewhere else - the Desktop is a good place.

The reason for this is we are going to use the Studly Utility to completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and this deletes your [Replays] folder.

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.  Force-quit any world_of_tanks processes by going to [Activity Monitor] and select then force-quit.

Open the Studly Utility - click on [World of Tanks] then [General] - remember that the next step will delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and your Replays - then click on [Delete Completely]

Click on [OK] in the resulting dialog box

Click on [Live Server] and chose your region - your browser will open and download the game.  The reason we are doing this is to ensure that you have the latest download.

After the download completes - open the DMG file and follow the instructions for installation

After installing eject the DMG

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and allow it to download any game updates

Please let the Forum know if this worked and also post your Mac specifications and the version of OS X/macOS you are running.

Did not work.

MacOS Sierra version 10.12.3 (16D30)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  6 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics       Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

black_colt #207 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 18:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View Postgreenivanof, on Jul 22 2017 - 07:33, said:

Did not work.

MacOS Sierra version 10.12.3 (16D30)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  6 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics       Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Have you tried the File Sharing work-around proposed by CodeWeavers for the WoT Mac Wrapper?

If not, please see the following Post for instructions - http://forum.worldof...0#entry11115120

If this does not work then unfortunately you will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - here is the URL for your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support 

- OR -

you can wait for the patch from CodeWeavers - for more details see the following thread -      Good News and Bad News in regards to the inability to connect to the NA servers from CodeWeavers    

Deffe_Defect_NA #208 Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 12 2017 - 21:49, said:

I recommend that you download and install the Studly Utility from dstud208.  Look for a post from him and the download link[s] are in his post signature.

The following steps will completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper with the Studly Utility and require you to reinstall.

Next Steps To Take

Go to /Documents/WoT and then duplicate your [Replays] folder.  After it is duplicated move that folder to somewhere else - the Desktop is a good place.

The reason for this is we are going to use the Studly Utility to completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and this deletes your [Replays] folder.

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.  Force-quit any world_of_tanks processes by going to [Activity Monitor] and select then force-quit.

Open the Studly Utility - click on [World of Tanks] then [General] - remember that the next step will delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and your Replays - then click on [Delete Completely]

Click on [OK] in the resulting dialog box

Click on [Live Server] and chose your region - your browser will open and download the game.  The reason we are doing this is to ensure that you have the latest download.

After the download completes - open the DMG file and follow the instructions for installation

After installing eject the DMG

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and allow it to download any game updates

Please let the Forum know if this worked and also post your Mac specifications and the version of OS X/macOS you are running.

Have tried this several time. Still have connection problems. 

Running Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73)

EU Servers.

black_colt #209 Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostDeffe_Defect_NA, on Jul 23 2017 - 13:07, said:

Have tried this several time. Still have connection problems. 

Running Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73)

EU Servers.

If you are experiencing the connection timing out at the log-in screen...

then try the File Sharing work-around proposed by CodeWeavers for the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Please see the following Post for instructions - http://forum.worldof...0#entry11115120

If this does not work then unfortunately you will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - here is the URL for your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support 

- OR -

you can wait for the patch from CodeWeavers - for more details see the following thread -      Good News and Bad News in regards to the inability to connect to the NA servers from CodeWeavers    

If you are not experiencing the connection timing out...

then you will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - here is the URL for your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

UTurnTerminator #210 Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6140 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 19 2017 - 15:53, said:

So are you still running a [rolled-back] WoT Mac Wrapper or the latest WoT Mac Wrapper with the 9.19.1 game client?

If you are running a [rolled-back] WoT Mac Wrapper...

You will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

If you are running the latest WoT Mac Wrapper and the 9.19.1 game client...

Have you tried the File Sharing work-around proposed by CodeWeavers?

If not, please see the following Post for instructions - http://forum.worldof...0#entry11115120

If this does not work then unfortunately you will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - here is the URL for your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

Funny thing, I did a full reset of the RB Wrapper (9.17) similar to how you had to "fix" it then for connection issues, and it works again. Kinda, the lag is still insane, but I was able to play today at last.

The version from WOT is not working, though I might not have the quick-fix configured properly.

black_colt #211 Posted Today, 03:22 AM

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostUTurnTerminator, on Jul 23 2017 - 17:01, said:

Funny thing, I did a full reset of the RB Wrapper (9.17) similar to how you had to "fix" it then for connection issues, and it works again. Kinda, the lag is still insane, but I was able to play today at last.

The version from WOT is not working, though I might not have the quick-fix configured properly.

Rolling back the Wrapper is not for the faint-of-heart and can be troublesome on its own - consider yourself lucky that it works for you.

I really wish we had an idea of when version 2.0.10 of the WoT Mac Wrapper would drop and that would allow individuals to best chose what to do in the meantime.

As for the lag - recommend that you download PingPlotter and look to see where the packet loss is happening - for me it was one of the hops not the WarGaming NA server.  Only once, that I can remember, was it the NA server.

Here are the IP addresses for the NA Servers:

162.213.61.57 for World of Tanks West

162.216.229.21 for World of Tanks East

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

black_colt