• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #221 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 01:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1572 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTexas_Vet, on Jul 24 2017 - 21:08, said:

Will wait for the fix to fight through this.  Will play World of Warships until then....

Warships works for you? The last update killed it for me. I click "PLAY" and the games quits.

black_colt #222 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 03:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Jul 26 2017 - 16:42, said:

Warships works for you? The last update killed it for me. I click "PLAY" and the games quits.

Do you have the Studly Utility installed?

Close World of Warships - make sure all processes are closed.

Launch the Studly Utility - click on [World of Warships] the [General] then [Reset Wrapper]

Launch World of Warships

Edited by black_colt, Jul 27 2017 - 03:00.

underscore_me #223 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 15:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 1197 battles
  • [TEK] TEK

View PostPepino1976, on Jul 14 2017 - 00:12, said:

I'm in.

Hello,

We’ve had an update and wanted to report a work around one of our users submitted. You will be able to connect to the World of Tanks servers by turning on File Sharing. Here are the steps to do so:

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing > Toggle on File Sharing

Please note that this only needs to be toggled on to get into the WoT servers. It can be toggled off when entering matches, and I would encourage you to turn it off after logging in.

We are still investigating what caused the actual issues but hopefully this work around will serve in the mean time. Please feel free to share this work around with others experiencing this issue! We want to make sure everyone is able to play the game even though this is only a temporary work around. Rest assured we are trying to find a permanent fix!

Best regards,
Katie
Codeweavers Tech Support

​Thank you some much i can finally play

Texas_Vet #224 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 18:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2118 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Jul 27 2017 - 01:42, said:

Yes, it works well for me.  For either WoT or WoW, I do NOT run any mods of any sort, pure native as it is installed/updated.  My mac is always up to date with current patches, and it is only about 5 months old (top shelf MacBook Pro).

Unfortunately, I performed an uninstall with the assumption that when the latest update was performing, my network connection crashed during the last state of the update, so it was my assumption that it was a corrupted update (because of the network crash).  So I now only have the installer.  Will wait to hear about successful native running of the WoT client before I attempt a re-installation.

LT_Scarecrow #225 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 22:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 1484 battles

Why can I not run the 64 bit HD client version on my new mac that has the turbo boost switch on and is a 64 bit processor? it is a little frustrating please advise.

black_colt #226 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 03:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostLT_Scarecrow, on Aug 13 2017 - 13:27, said:

Why can I not run the 64 bit HD client version on my new mac that has the turbo boost switch on and is a 64 bit processor? it is a little frustrating please advise.

The HD client of the native MS Windows game is a 32-bit executable but it demands a 64-bit operating system to have 4GB of address space available.  WOW64 in 64-bit versions of MS Windows allows 4GB of address space to be available to 32-bit executables and that is why you can have the HD client as well as the SD client on 64-bit versions of MS Windows.

However IIRC the WoT Mac Wrapper is based on WINE 1.9 which does not have 4GB of address space available.  Hence the inability to run the HD client in the current WoT Mac Wrapper even though OS X/macOS has been a 64-bit OS since IIRC OS X 10.8 [2012].

Exactly where do you find the Turbo Boost Switch on your Mac?

LT_Scarecrow #227 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 21:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 1484 battles

Hi there

Thanks for the explanation, it seems that some development needs to take place there... lol... I'll wait.

As for the Turbo boost switch... Apple has said that the intelligence of the new Macs allows for auto switching when necessary, however it does not seem to always do so when you want it to.

There is a App I found whilst trying to solve our previous problem. Turbo Boost Switcher Pro. By Gumroad Inc. You can follow this link to get there enable-turbo-boost-mac

I paid (9 dollars) and downloaded it. It does improve quite a bit of graphic handling by the processor etc...

Hope that helps.

black_colt #228 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 23:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostLT_Scarecrow, on Aug 14 2017 - 12:40, said:

Hi there

Thanks for the explanation, it seems that some development needs to take place there... lol... I'll wait.

As for the Turbo boost switch... Apple has said that the intelligence of the new Macs allows for auto switching when necessary, however it does not seem to always do so when you want it to.

There is a App I found whilst trying to solve our previous problem. Turbo Boost Switcher Pro. By Gumroad Inc. You can follow this link to get there enable-turbo-boost-mac

I paid (9 dollars) and downloaded it. It does improve quite a bit of graphic handling by the processor etc...

Hope that helps.

Actually we will probably need to wait until Wargaming releases a 64-bit game.

IIRC the WoT Mac Wrapper currently uses 32-bit MS Windows 7.  I have not had any luck in getting it to run in a 64-bit bottle of MS Windows 7 although there has been success on some Linux distributions.  Once the game is 64-bit then I suspect it will just be a matter of finding the correct 64-bit bottle to use for the WoT Mac Wrapper.

You could always install Boot Camp and run MS Windows if you want to run the HD client but your mileage may vary.

But to be quite honest [and I have ran the HD Client under MS Windows 10 Pro on my late 2015 27-inch iMac 5K Retina] I do not see the value in running the HD client - under MS Windows there is about a 10/15 decrease in FPS and a significant increase in ping over the SD client with the WoT Mac Wrapper with little/no difference in visual quality on a Retina display.

Also MS Windows does not run 5K only 4K on my iMac 5K Retina with the dedicated 4GB AMD RADEON R9 M395x card - even with custom drivers.

You also do not need to worry about ransom-ware that seems so prevalent in MS Windows. 

Ahhh - it is a third-party app for MacBooks - I can see where that might allow you to gain more time from the battery for others apps - not sure that I would want to throttle my hardware though when running the WoT Mac Wrapper - if I run the WoT Mac Wrapper on my MacBook Pro it is always plugged in so that the machine is running at full capacity.

Have been using what has become OS X since the Rhapsody Developer Release [on a Power Macintosh 9600] and did not remember Apple ever exposing the ability to switch the Turbo Boost on Intel-based hardware - which is why I asked the question.  

An app you may want to look into is Mac Fan Control - it is free and available for OS X and MS Windows - and I have been using it for years on my Mac hardware without issue.  Just create a custom profile to ramp up the fans when the graphics diode starts to get warm [versus waiting for OS X/macOS to do so] really seems to help in keeping the CPU from throttling back due to thermal limits within the MacBook Pro.

Edited by black_colt, Aug 14 2017 - 23:48.

Shiznizel #229 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 10:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 1081 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D
Unable to load cannot find the server.  Tells me I have the latest version.  Spins and spins and nothing.... What gives?

isamajj #230 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 16:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16796 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

Ikr same thing here

black_colt #231 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 16:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostShiznizel, on Oct 18 2017 - 01:29, said:

Unable to load cannot find the server.  Tells me I have the latest version.  Spins and spins and nothing.... What gives?

Please post to a separate thread as the latest version is 2.10.12.

The next steps will [Disable Torrents].  The WoT Mac Wrapper can be very sensitive to using Torrents - not sure why.

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed.

Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/  

Install the Studly Utility  

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.  

Launch the Studly Utility   Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

Open the WoT Mac Wrapper and the client [game] should update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users