Not a suggestion on how to fix SPG's, a suggestion on how to possibly fix the game with SPG'...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Gunadie #1 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 44492 battles

Since 9.18 there has been considerable negative feed back on the new stun effect.

Both those that dislike and enjoy SPG's have voiced concerns as to the adverse negative affect it has on the game.

As an all around versitile player that enjoys SPG play, as well as regular tanks, I find the new stun effect has ruined the game play

for both.

One of the biggest flaws as I see it is that SPG have only one choice for shell type to use, High Explosive.

Unfortunately HE is now useless on many heavy tanks and therefor an SPG player is more apt to choose a "soft" target in order to make the most of the only shell type they have.

If war Gaming reverted and returned the shell types back so SPG's had a "useful selection at their disposal

and at the same time reducing the stun effect from full effect for HE, to half/one forth ? the effect for AP, all the way to no effect for APCR or HEAT.

Consequently, the prevalence of the stun effect would be significantly reduced in games.

SPG's would be able to have a measured effect and support on dealing with heavy armor

And War Gaming would benefit by allowing SPG players to squander credits with premium AP and APCR usage.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #2 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 2168 battles

You have to be joking right?

"Oh it only does 800 damage versus the HE's 1050"...

- Yeah, but it can penetrate heavies and one shot them with ammo racks...
- It actually penetrates for around 800 versus HE's currently no set low roll...

- No splash, or Stun completely neglects the whole point of the SPG rebalance changes anyway...

Not to mention you say "Not a suggestion to fix SPG's" But your suggestion is literally a suggestion to fix SPG's and their damage output...

In the old days, when Arty was in accurate, and took forever to reload, having the big damage AP/HEAT rounds made sense, but with the more accurate, faster reloading SPG's, AP is not needed... And the Sexton I, and LeFH18B2 are the only relics we need from that era...

~ Another SPG Player...

Edited by Demonic_Angel_of_Death, Jul 12 2017 - 02:37.

Trooper13 #3 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 02:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28227 battles
Had to go to HE as a compromise to the "remove arty" cabal.  To many campers getting actual damage done to them.  

Edited by Trooper13, Jul 12 2017 - 02:31.

Dregbag #4 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 02:33

Captain

• Players
  • 37254 battles
most SPGS had AP, WG thought it would be funny to removed it

xrays_ #5 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 52295 battles

View PostDregbag, on Jul 11 2017 - 20:33, said:

most SPGS had AP, WG thought it would be funny to removed it

What's funny is that the leFH18B2 keeps it's HEAT shell, which can penetrate practically every tank in the game if it would be allowed to fail-toon properly again. That thing is now a joke at Tier V, but then again, the game is pretty much a joke right now as well.

x.

Dirizon #6 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

View PostGunadie, on Jul 11 2017 - 20:20, said:

Since 9.18 there has been considerable negative feed back on the new stun effect.

Both those that dislike and enjoy SPG's have voiced concerns as to the adverse negative affect it has on the game.

As an all around versitile player that enjoys SPG play, as well as regular tanks, I find the new stun effect has ruined the game play

for both.

One of the biggest flaws as I see it is that SPG have only one choice for shell type to use, High Explosive.

Unfortunately HE is now useless on many heavy tanks and therefor an SPG player is more apt to choose a "soft" target in order to make the most of the only shell type they have.

If war Gaming reverted and returned the shell types back so SPG's had a "useful selection at their disposal

and at the same time reducing the stun effect from full effect for HE, to half/one forth ? the effect for AP, all the way to no effect for APCR or HEAT.

Consequently, the prevalence of the stun effect would be significantly reduced in games.

SPG's would be able to have a measured effect and support on dealing with heavy armor

And War Gaming would benefit by allowing SPG players to squander credits with premium AP and APCR usage.

HE isn't useless against heavy tanks.  Conqueror and T92 are still fully able to damage even Type 5 or Maus or Jag Pz E.  But other HE shells for SPGs are very limited.  Bat Chat 55-58,  obj 261,  38O5  - these things have extremely disappointing HE damage potential nowadays, and suck that they are very long T lX grinds or worse an end-game T X.  Tanks on the otherhand,  like Jag Pz E, 18.3s,  Type 5, even T X TDs are still very able to damage even the super heaviest of heavies with their HE - as they basically have the power or greater, than SPGs.

But for the most part this experience has been an overall nerf.  SPGs definitely have had an increase in contributory nature,  such as earning  more EXP,  dealing more assistance rather than just track assistance damage,  and earning more silver. However, they are virtually incapable of checking the recently bolstered super heavy tanks, beyond said explained Conqueror or T92, which even those don't really do all that well because of a slow rate of fire. And this is very unusual, because said super heavy tanks like E1OO, Maus, Type 5 are more or less performing better than most peer heavy tanks, and thought towards equilibrium are slow. Rather the thought process is,  buff in cycles. lf artillery is thought of as a heavy vehicle check and exploiter, against tanks in the open,  which it once was and now definitely isn't - and WG wants to make it that again,  the fix is quite easy. Just catastrophically lower HE pen to virtually no chance,  but increase the damage to former levels.  And decrease the stuns half time duration,  as stuns aren't really that effective. First of all stuns REQUlRE team participation. And we all know how reliable team participition is or isn't. Just like spotting in a light tank,  your team can be completely t a r d  or perform well.  l've seen tanks stunned for minutes on end,  and guess what - they are still ticking and doing whatever. They may not be spotting well, they may not be shooting back well - but heck they are SlTTlNG there soaking up damage,  stalling the enemy ....because stuns just don't work. Stuns don't check enemy heavy tanks. Stuns are a novel idea to help arty players gain more EXP and silver,  to which they should be responsibly doing pre-9.18 by just damage.

WG response is to ''buff other nation heavy tanks'' or do some soft stat ground resist tweaking, or turret traverse bloom..... So you have some idiotic cycle of buffing tanks in turns, rather than trying to find a hospitable  equilibrium. What an awesome group we have here, leading us.

Termitey #7 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 03:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Shame they spend so much time talking about arty scum with ideas on how to fix it

WE dont need to spend any time fixing arty scum , put it back the way it was before

PLEASE GIVE ALL PLAYERS

A BOX TO TICK like encounter/assult battles

DO NOT PLAY WITH ARTY  [Tick]

Done problem solved the balance as they call it is the 2 key

wake up fools spend no more time trying to fix it give the players a choice on if they want to or not 

but u morons still wont listen or give a better answer

WG wont respond even to this suggestion  

Themutt36 #8 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 03:26

Captain

• Players
  • 20462 battles
About the only thing I used AP for was my last 2 rounds, when everyone was running to kill arty.  I go out with a bang!:arta:

Gunadie #9 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 44492 battles

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Jul 11 2017 - 17:29, said:

You have to be joking right?

"Oh it only does 800 damage versus the HE's 1050"...

- Yeah, but it can penetrate heavies and one shot them with ammo racks...
- It actually penetrates for around 800 versus HE's currently no set low roll...

- No splash, or Stun completely neglects the whole point of the SPG rebalance changes anyway...

Not to mention you say "Not a suggestion to fix SPG's" But your suggestion is literally a suggestion to fix SPG's and their damage output...

In the old days, when Arty was in accurate, and took forever to reload, having the big damage AP/HEAT rounds made sense, but with the more accurate, faster reloading SPG's, AP is not needed... And the Sexton I, and LeFH18B2 are the only relics we need from that era...

~ Another SPG Player...

the amount of damage that SPGs do is a quarter of its potential damage.

There is no written rule limiting the out put/damage potential of other shells to the same value of HE.

If you always look at the negative instead of a solution, the problems will never change or have resolve.

SPG rebalance with stun is a demented concept, as I said as soon as I was one of the initial participants of the sandbox.

I knew it wouldn't be well received and I wasn't wrong even though they morphed it into what it is now.

The idea is to fix the game with SPG's in it. So it palatable for almost everyone.

There will always be some that refuse to eat brown bread no matter what, so you have to find a happy medium with a common sense

approach to a solution. Tier 9 SPG's should not have HE shells bounce on direct hits or only stun for no damage

This has occurred numerous times.

Gunadie #10 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 06:08

Major

• Players
  • 44492 battles

View PostTermitey, on Jul 11 2017 - 18:20, said:

Shame they spend so much time talking about arty scum with ideas on how to fix it

WE dont need to spend any time fixing arty scum , put it back the way it was before

PLEASE GIVE ALL PLAYERS

A BOX TO TICK like encounter/assult battles

DO NOT PLAY WITH ARTY  [Tick]

Done problem solved the balance as they call it is the 2 key

wake up fools spend no more time trying to fix it give the players a choice on if they want to or not

but u morons still wont listen or give a better answer

WG wont respond even to this suggestion  

HERE IS YOUR OPT OUT BUTTON !

You can choose not to click it anytime.

I'm sure no one will miss you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users