The issues with World of Tanks and www.aoaue.com

www.aoaue.com World of Tanks Wargaming private messages spam

11 replies to this topic

11Tec11 #1 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 05:19

Private

• Players
  • 10795 battles
  • [9ATD] 9ATD

This topic is being created because i have no where else to turn. Every day for the past week i have been receiving spam messages from accounts that were made by ''www.aoaue.com''. This website says it will sell you gold for cheap. But it is a scam. Do not go to this website they are trying to steal from you. I have emailed the website with no response. And i have sent in a ticket to wargaming. The response i got from Wargaming was not satisfying to say the least. All they did was tell me that the accounts were dealt with and they never said what they did to them. I can only assume that they were banned. But the spam still continues. I keep receiving messages from accounts with 0-1 battles. Today it has started going on every hour or so.and i am able to do nothing but turn the private message system off. and i shouldn't have to do that. If anyone knows how to get this to stop it would be nice to know. Also if a Wargaming official happens to see this, can you please find a way to deal with this website. If you are unable to do anything to stop the spam then at least in that new tutorial that i hear so many great things about you add a portion about not accepting goods or services from non wargaming websites or from people you do not know. I am not making this topic to rant or point fingers. I am making this topic to plead. Please wargaming you have to do something about this. before someone gets hurt.

~11Tec11

BajaJames #2 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 05:40

Captain

• Players
  • 62986 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
They need a better anti spam system for sure

holdmecloserTonyDanza #3 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 05:43

Major

• Players
  • 55967 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
i have no friends list but these [edited]wads can message everyone on the server...gg warfailing your incompetence is only outdone by, well, your incompetence

Edited by holdmecloserTonyDanza, Jul 12 2017 - 05:47.

Sturm_Teufel #4 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 05:58

Major

• Players
  • 40152 battles
Yep, same here. Every time I log in now I have 2-3 of those spam messages. I just blacklist them but, I would just love to find the person(s) responsible and force-feed them a cup of bleach or Draino. Ah,.... one can dream......

Burning_Haggis #5 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 06:10

Captain

• Players
  • 39747 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

View PostholdmecloserTonyDanza, on Jul 11 2017 - 22:43, said:

i have no friends list but these [edited]wads can message everyone on the server...gg warfailing your incompetence is only outdone by, well, your incompetence

The accuracy of this statement is uncanny

xrays_ #6 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 06:42

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

The only way to truly get WG's attention is to make them want to fix it because the problem has landed on their doorstep... I'm not sure how to do that exactly, but something along the lines of forwarding each and every spam message to some of the moderators might help. I'm sure they get the odd spam message as well, but if they started receiving more complaints directly, they would have to do something, or at least request something be done to stop it.

Now, I'm not advocating spamming, per se, I'm merely suggesting that perhaps each and every spam message received needs to be reported, or something similar. Think of it as returning every leaflet and flyer back to the post office to get them to understand that we don't want them delivered in the first place.

x.

Hans_von_Twitchy #7 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 06:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38794 battles
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-

Tier I and II battles used to get identically worded spam messages from bots for YEARS. Any decent programmer could have suppressed those chats in less than 10 minutes work, but as far as I know WG never did anything about it at all, and the spammer eventually just gave up.

Expecting WG to do anything about the new spammer is a fruitless hope. WG are fuking useless at anything that they think won't cost them any money.

Lethalhavoc #8 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 07:09

Major

• Players
  • 37985 battles

Spam them back with fake CC numbers, fake account names and fake passwords.

Make them waste enough time, and they'll quit.

Taupmatism #9 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 07:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 48291 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
Maybe we can also ask who would pay this amount of real money when you can legit buy a premium tier 8 that will provide silver or even be called OP.

LostMyMarbles #10 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 09:02

Captain

• Players
  • 43493 battles
  • [SG] SG

at least 8 times in the past 2 weeks i get this crap

sent in multiple tickets and Wargaming mentaiity is send a standard form letter back close ticket .... you cant report it from the garage

you block them soon you will have 1000 blacklisted and no room for others on the list

Wargaming plain and simple does not care about it .... they would rather give us inferior city maps and crappy mm and nerf the crap out of every non permium tank in the game than actually do some things smart and stop the influx of the bots that happen now with this so called bot website

Whistling_Death_ #11 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 09:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 51830 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
Possibly the two entities are affiliated?  That would explain a lot.

misterlarry #12 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13846 battles
  • [-TAZ-] -TAZ-
I have had about fifty spam messages so far. Talked to WG about the first few. Now I just blacklist any account that sends me the spam. Hope I don't run out of room on my black list.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users