Yet Another Scam by WG

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Ninja__Cat #1 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43024 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

So posted in the link below it says on its title 'Run the T-34-85M Marathon and Earn a Premium Tank!'. Which not only implies, but says if you run the marathon you will earn a premium tank. Now look at the actual post and you'll see it says 'Play a new series of missions and you could unlock the T-34-85M' now just implying you could unlock it, as if we could get the 'opportunity' to buy it. And if you'll check it's not currently available in the premium shop, so I would guess that is what they will do. Granted this is all just speculation at this point, but with all of the times lately you get the 'chance' to get something when it was implied at first you got it for sure I certainly wouldn't put it past them. Again, just speculation right now, but more than likely just another WG trying to scam us by implying one thing, but really just lying and meaning something else.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/t-34-85m-marathon/

Ndtm #2 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 15869 battles
Well.. the missions on that page look so easy that it wouldn't be surprising if there was something else going on

RunninKurt #3 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:24

Captain

• Players
  • 18719 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY
They only show the missions needed to unlock the rental. The next 8 missions arent shown yet, which likely will be the missions needed to earn the tank for free (if I had to guess)

Kliphie #4 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:24

Captain

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNinja__Cat, on Jul 13 2017 - 15:20, said:

So posted in the link below it says on its title 'Run the T-34-85M Marathon and Earn a Premium Tank!'. Which not only implies, but says if you run the marathon you will earn a premium tank. Now look at the actual post and you'll see it says 'Play a new series of missions and you could unlock the T-34-85M' now just implying you could unlock it, as if we could get the 'opportunity' to buy it. And if you'll check it's not currently available in the premium shop, so I would guess that is what they will do. Granted this is all just speculation at this point, but with all of the times lately you get the 'chance' to get something when it was implied at first you got it for sure I certainly wouldn't put it past them. Again, just speculation right now, but more than likely just another WG trying to scam us by implying one thing, but really just lying and meaning something else.

​It's the same token system that they had for the T25 Pilot.  Relax.  

Themutt36 #5 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:24

Captain

• Players
  • 19658 battles
  • [DV] DV
I read that too and was wondering the same thing.  Do the missions and receive the tank? A rental? or just a chance?

Nunya_000 #6 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 20562 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostNinja__Cat, on Jul 13 2017 - 12:20, said:

So, if it is all speculation, why even post at this point????

Unlock = own

Block Quote

If you need a leg up, mission completions can be purchased from the Premium Shop in quantities of five, or just buy the T-34-85M outright.

Based on this sentence, it is pretty clear that you can earn it as a permanent tank in your garage.

Reiter #7 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11382 battles

About all I could understand.  WG lets you earn it, and if comprehension was a skill you can get tokens.  Hence, you must either grind full out with your butt hole plastered to that chair 24/7 minus downtime or if you happen to miss the reaching the requirements you can get a token from the premium shop to unlock the requirement you might miss.  Or buy all the tokens out right and get the tank.  Its not a scam, which defined as "a dishonest scheme" so much as like trying to read a full on contract (which nobody really reads, right?) or trying to understand a lawyer; aka it is worded in a different manner.

LesterQuaestor #8 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9557 battles

I have a question on point-of-order.

How could anything be a "scam" if it is free?

__Worm__ #9 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

"mission completions can be purchased from the Premium Shop in quantities of five, or just buy the T-34-85M outright."

So it seems there will be a tank you can own.

the way I read it it's not to unlock it but so you own it.

ISNomads #10 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:46

Captain

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostLesterQuaestor, on Jul 13 2017 - 12:35, said:

I have a question on point-of-order.

How could anything be a "scam" if it is free?

To your question:

Scam = dishonest scheme

Free = without cost or payment

1) they could promise you a tank in real life and end up giving you a matchbox toy. That is promise something grand in order to get publicity and deliver something underwhelming. That is dishonest.

2) in order to get the 'free' tank, you need to invest time in the game. Invested effort has an innate value. That means you are trading some form of value for the prize. Technically, not free.

__WARDADDY_ #11 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 29945 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W
Wargaming seems to rely on the Google translator a lot!

ISNomads #12 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 21:51

Captain

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

I saw the missions and thought "damn, this looks easy"

Then I noticed that half of the missions will be revealed later. (you know, the spot and kill 5 artillery in one game using a Maus)

Then I realized you need to complete only 13 of 18 – easy peasy. The SEA missions are much more difficult.

As long as you do the early missions, this should be a cake walk.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure the OP is trolling.

LesterQuaestor #13 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9557 battles

Block Quote

in order to get the 'free' tank, you need to invest time in the game. Invested effort has an innate value.

It's a _game_. You get to _play_ the game for free. There is no "investment".

xrays_ #14 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 41674 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostLesterQuaestor, on Jul 13 2017 - 16:07, said:

Don't worry, some people here like to exaggerate beyond belief to make themselves seem more important. It's easiest to just ignore them, despite the fact that they litter the forums like the aftermath of a Metallica concert. The missions are outlined (aside from some that are not yet revealed) and you will receive the tank should you complete all of them in order. They are not difficult, but they do require you to log in and play a few matches every day of the event. The reward is only a Tier VI tank, so the missions aren't complicated, but they are harder than the log-in-daily missions for the SU-100Y in the before times.

Of course, there will be new forum threads posted almost every day until the mission ends, all including wild speculations and accusations, because people generally are just that stupid.

x.

Nunya_000 #15 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 20562 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostISNomads, on Jul 13 2017 - 12:46, said:

2) in order to get the 'free' tank, you need to invest time in the game. Invested effort has an innate value. That means you are trading some form of value for the prize. Technically, not free.

In most cases, I would agree that time does = money.  However, that does not apply when playing a computer game.  That time is wasted time and can never be recouped.  That time can never earn anything of value that has actual worth.  The only return on your time invested is entertainment....which has no innate value.

ISNomads #16 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:29

Captain

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostLesterQuaestor, on Jul 13 2017 - 13:07, said:

I just focused on the general statement you made, not the specific context of the game.

Some obsessive people feel compulsion to complete things regardless of whether they really want to. And, regardless of whether it is a game or not, technically, time is invested.

ISNomads #17 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:31

Captain

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View Postxrays_, on Jul 13 2017 - 13:16, said:

Don't worry, some people here like to exaggerate beyond belief to make themselves seem more important. It's easiest to just ignore them, despite the fact that they litter the forums like the aftermath of a Metallica concert. The missions are outlined (aside from some that are not yet revealed) and you will receive the tank should you complete all of them in order. They are not difficult, but they do require you to log in and play a few matches every day of the event. The reward is only a Tier VI tank, so the missions aren't complicated, but they are harder than the log-in-daily missions for the SU-100Y in the before times.

Of course, there will be new forum threads posted almost every day until the mission ends, all including wild speculations and accusations, because people generally are just that stupid.

x.

That you captain obvious!

:honoring:

Nunya_000 #18 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 20562 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostISNomads, on Jul 13 2017 - 13:29, said:

I just focused on the general statement you made, not the specific context of the game.

Some obsessive people feel compulsion to complete things regardless of whether they really want to. And, regardless of whether it is a game or not, technically, time is invested.

Yes, time is invested, but it is not an investment.

Quemapueblos #19 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:32

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8587 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
The T 34-85M competition awards the tank at the end of the missions. It's not a chance to buy the tank

ISNomads #20 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 22:38

Captain

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostNunya_000, on Jul 13 2017 - 13:18, said:

In most cases, I would agree that time does = money.  However, that does not apply when playing a computer game.  That time is wasted time and can never be recouped.  That time can never earn anything of value that has actual worth.  The only return on your time invested is entertainment....which has no innate value.

I'm not saying it is practical. I was just providing a technically accurate response to a general question "How could anything be a "scam" if it is free?" From a purely technical perspective, everything has a cost whether it be time, electricity use, computer wear and tear, energy required by the body that must be replenished with purchased food, etc. Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.

For the missions, they will be a cake walk, and yes, the tank is essentially free (regardless of the fact that I would not normally play during the week otherwise).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users