Linux players, clans for us

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

lemmingparty #1 Posted Jul 14 2017 - 03:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 9173 battles

I quit playing about four years ago, came back a month ago now and in my time off I've migrated to Linux and Linux only on all my PCs. I was pleasantly surprised to find how well WoT works in Wine, especially considering War Thunder runs like absolute crapnatively, but I am also running native D3D with Gallium9 and that could be the difference. At any rate, I'm just wondering how many others are around and play WoT exclusively on Linux? It'd be pretty cool to find a clan with Linux people, but I won't get my circlejerk hopes that high yet. I use Arch, but please don't judge. I can't stand the attitude most Archers have towards Ubuntu and I realize many Linux gamers (the vast majority) do in fact run Ubuntu. 

Hit me up here or in-game and we'll do some open source platooning or something. 

ObrumPL #2 Posted Jul 14 2017 - 03:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18660 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
I'm hoping to switch to Linux but I need to learn from scratch, how it works, commands and all that.

Edited by ObrumPL, Jul 14 2017 - 03:25.

lemmingparty #3 Posted Jul 14 2017 - 04:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 9173 battles

View PostObrumPL, on Jul 13 2017 - 18:24, said:

I'm hoping to switch to Linux but I need to learn from scratch, how it works, commands and all that.

Easiest thing to do is put a copy of Mint or Ubuntu or whatever you think feels good on a VM and use it for a couple hours every day. Can't hurt your current system that way. These days with mainstream distros, there isn't much you can't do that you could do on Windows. I t's a good time to make the switch with the privacy issues in Windows 10 too.

zhymm #4 Posted Jul 15 2017 - 18:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

I've been using Linux exclusively since Aug 2006.  Distro hopped a good bit.  Still do that, some (LOL).  Currently I've been using PCLOS on my main desktop and Manjaro on my laptops.  I prefer LXDE based varients.  Did Arch for years but grew tired of constantly fiddling.  Maybe it's changed since I last fiddled (2011 or so when I retired from a teaching career).

That all being said, I've been using PlayOnLinux to run WoT.  I haven't gotten WoT to run on a pure wine setup, but that's only because I haven't taken the time to sort it out.  Seems like there's a dearth of information on the subject, at least from my research (maybe I've been looking in the wrong places).  It would sure be nice to share information with other Linux users playing WoT.  I'd been meaning to start a thread just like this one.  Thanks for taking the initiative, lemmingparty!!  +1

Old Man Zhymm (OMZ)

p.s. I had to retype "party" three times.  My fingers kept typing "pastry" instead.  Maybe my stomach had launched a man-in-the-middle attack.

lemmingparty #5 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 15:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 9173 battles

View Postzhymm, on Jul 15 2017 - 09:27, said:

I've been using Linux exclusively since Aug 2006.  Distro hopped a good bit.  Still do that, some (LOL).  Currently I've been using PCLOS on my main desktop and Manjaro on my laptops.  I prefer LXDE based varients.  Did Arch for years but grew tired of constantly fiddling.  Maybe it's changed since I last fiddled (2011 or so when I retired from a teaching career).

That all being said, I've been using PlayOnLinux to run WoT.  I haven't gotten WoT to run on a pure wine setup, but that's only because I haven't taken the time to sort it out.  Seems like there's a dearth of information on the subject, at least from my research (maybe I've been looking in the wrong places).  It would sure be nice to share information with other Linux users playing WoT.  I'd been meaning to start a thread just like this one.  Thanks for taking the initiative, lemmingparty!!  +1

Old Man Zhymm (OMZ)

p.s. I had to retype "party" three times.  My fingers kept typing "pastry" instead.  Maybe my stomach had launched a man-in-the-middle attack.

I've stayed away from POL since their build scripts started going downhill a while back. I think they are split between continued support and getting POL5 (their new java client) out. They're rebuilding the script repo itself and all build scripts, basically a tear down. Sucks because they seem like cool dudes and were out front in Linux gaming for a long time. But anyway, I started using wine-gaming-nine from the AUR with the Gallium9 and Steam and other patches all built into the stack and decided to just go manual with my wine prefixes. I use Winetricks and Pywinery and once you get the hang of it, it's so much cleaner and easier than using POL or a frontend. Until WoT and this other Bink + OpenGL Steam game I play, I hadn't ever dug into wine. I got WoT working in Arch just by reading the error log and working backward, and actually this last update from two days ago was causing problems and I just figured out it was trying to start or check a D3D11 .dll - have to select the D3D11 library and disable it. Also disable xaudio_2_7 and if you're like me using Staging with CSMT or Gallium, force enable Builtin Then Native for those libraries (d3d9-nine for gallium). I actually went to share this info with the POL guys to get it into the script, but it just sat there along with a bug report I filed for that weird 32bit zlib problem we had on Arch with all prefixes. The vast majority of users aren't on Arch though so I don't even know if Ubuntu or Mint would benefit from disabling the same things. 

Anyway, because I wanted to play WoT I had to learn all that crap and spent days tweaking and debugging and especially getting pissed off. Right now though, every single Windows-only game I own between GoG and Steam is running fine over here. WoT actually runs BETTER with my Gallium stack on this sorta-older AMD Radeon card! :) 

Edit: Also, the state of Arch is pretty amazing. At least it has been since I came over last year. The biggest turnoff are the forum mods and typical toxic users. I guess that's how the devs like it though, they make the distro for themselves essentially and it's extremely popular, so good for them I guess. I was thinking about going back to Mint or a Deb distro for the simplicity with Steam and gaming in general, but we have some ridiculously awesome AUR packages that I can't let go of now (like wine-gaming-nine). I even adopted a couple and now I'd feel like a [edited]if I orphaned them lol 

Edited by lemmingparty, Jul 16 2017 - 15:42.

zhymm #6 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

Wow, lemmingparty! Thanks for the input on POL and your path to getting WoT running without it.  I'm going to have to read and re-read your most recent post to get my mind around what you've done.  I've been using POL only because I got WoT working with it when my efforts with wine alone had failed.  But I've felt that there had to be a better way, just never knew where to start.

What sort of hardware are you using and what frame rates (FPS) do you typically experience?  Other than Neverwinter Nights 1, I was not much of a gamer until I started playing WoT in early 2016.  Currently I'm using an AMD system I built in 2013 (AMD A4-5300 Trinity Dual-Core 3.4GHz Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7480D and MSI FM2-A55M-E33 FM2 AMD Motherboard).  My older AMD-ASUS based system with a discrete video card built many, many years ago was just too noisy (primarily the noisy fan on the vid card), hence my selecting the much quieter APU solution for that rebuild.  But the FPS I experienced with WoT when I started playing last year were painfully low (usually 15 to 20 FPS on minimum graphics), so I figured the Radeon based GPU on the APU was the primary problem.  I disabled the GPU part of the processor and put an NVIDIA based card in the box (ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti).  That got my FPS up to 35-40 FPS with minimum graphics and 25-30 FPS with medium graphics and some of the eye-candy turned on, some turned off.  But I know it can be better.  I think my old AMD system is just not a good base for WoT play.  Thanks to Logical Increments (http://www.logicalin...s.com/games/wot), I'm planning a new Intel based rebuild re-using the ZOTAC and hope that will be the path to a higher in-game FPS experience.

I believe I may have to revisit Arch and install it on a separate partition for WoT testing.  I've used Manjaro (which is based on Arch) a lot lately.  Manjaro has access to the AUR as well, so I may look at re-testing it to run WoT, also.  I went back to using PCLOS on my primary box mainly because I could easliy get Neverwinter Nights up and running with it.

I don't want to use any M$ products (i.e. Windows) if I can avoid it.  I feel M$ is one pole of the "Axis-of-Evil" in the tech world (Apple is the other pole).  After using Linux for years I just get so pissed off at M$ and Windows when trying to do anything related to controlling the computer on which it's installed.  With Linux, YOU own and control your computer.  With Windows, M$ owns and controls your computer.

Best regards,

Old Man Zhymm (OMZ)

Edited by zhymm, Jul 17 2017 - 19:38.

lemmingparty #7 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 01:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 9173 battles

Block Quote

What sort of hardware are you using and what frame rates (FPS) do you typically experience?

I'll do it the Linux way and give you an inxi -F: 

System:      Kernel: 4.11.9-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Cinnamon 3.4.3  Distro: Arch Linux
Machine:   Device: desktop System: Gigabyte product: N/A
Mobo: Gigabyte model: 970A-D3P v: x.x UEFI: American Megatrends v: F6f date: 12/10/2014
CPU:       Hexa core AMD FX-6100 Six-Core (-MCP-) cache: 12288 KB            clock speeds: max: 3300 MHz 1: 3300 MHz 2: 1400 MHz 3: 1400 MHz 4: 3300 MHz 5: 1400 MHz 6: 1400 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7750/8740 / R7 250E]
           Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.3) driver: radeon Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAPE VERDE (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.11.9-1-ARCH, LLVM 4.0.1)
           version: 4.5 Mesa 17.1.4

So yeah, this is an older box too, I built it in 2015 but the hardware is from 2014-2015. I get a constant 40 fps on Medium-High settings with some post-processing. This card is just too underpowered to run above High or turn up max effects. I had an nVIDIA GTX 770 in this but it died right after I migrated to Linux, I was pretty pissed. This card is wonky and was in an older microATX build, it's one of those mini cards designed for small cases. But it worked out because this model (and others near it) are extremely well supported with native Direct3D aka Gallium9 and Mesa. I'm almost certain yours is as well, almost every R-series Radeon card is at this point, and anything that's GCN 1.0 or later has extremely well made open source ATI/AMDGPU drivers. This card is a RadeonSI (Sea Islands) for example, it's GCN 1.0 but with the driver stack and Gallium 9 I out-perform Windows D3D9 in every Wine game I've tested. If you use Manjaro I know that dev has a hardware detection script built-in with it to give you the latest AMD drivers, but definitely look into wine-gaming-nine in the AUR. It's maintained better, faster and ahead of wine-staging-nine from the official repo, plus it has Gallium 9 pre-built into Mesa and Wine, which is a MASSIVE pain in the [edited]to do manually. Like, I failed at it several times and spent a week compiling when I tried on Mint last year. It's up there with popcorntime-bin as my favorite AUR PKGBUILD. 

zhymm #8 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 23:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

Just an update on my efforts using wine instead of POL and a question for the collective.

Lemmingparty, I took your comments to heart regarding POL and getting WoT running with wine alone.  Starting WoT in terminal with wine and reading through the error messages clued me in on what was needed to get the WoT client running.  Really just needed to install one .dll file.  Now WoT runs with higher fps than I ever got with POL

Now to my question. Since patch 9.16 I have not been able to add emblems to any of my tanks.  In 9.15 and earlier there was no problem.  Now, when I click on the Emblems button in the exterior window while in the garage the client crashes.  I have to close it down with a task manager (top, for example).  Do any linux users following this thread know of a solution to this problem?  Been jonesing to get meatheadmilitia's cartoon face on my tanks. TIA

Old Man Zhymm (OMZ)

lemmingparty #9 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 12:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 9173 battles

View Postzhymm, on Sep 16 2017 - 14:47, said:

Just an update on my efforts using wine instead of POL and a question for the collective.

Lemmingparty, I took your comments to heart regarding POL and getting WoT running with wine alone.  Starting WoT in terminal with wine and reading through the error messages clued me in on what was needed to get the WoT client running.  Really just needed to install one .dll file.  Now WoT runs with higher fps than I ever got with POL

Now to my question. Since patch 9.16 I have not been able to add emblems to any of my tanks.  In 9.15 and earlier there was no problem.  Now, when I click on the Emblems button in the exterior window while in the garage the client crashes.  I have to close it down with a task manager (top, for example).  Do any linux users following this thread know of a solution to this problem?  Been jonesing to get meatheadmilitia's cartoon face on my tanks. TIA

Old Man Zhymm (OMZ)

Man that's awesome. That's all I did at first, setup a generic prefix with wine-staging and a game with mostly console and then ran the game via console and watched the output. The "fixme: error" spam is annoying, but that's all meant for the wine devs rather than for debugging game and app libraries. 

As for the decals and inscriptions, I'm amazed you ever got them to work. I have tried everything to get them to work and AFAIK it's a normal issue that all linux/wine users have. I even went as far as downloading the WG API and decompiling a few mods from Aslain's modpack (he only includes the .pyc bytecode files rather than the actual python source). I took apart the mod that allows you to change your camo from the main garage screen via a separate popup window hoping I could find a workaround to be able to do something similar with the insignia, but no dice. I'm really amateur when it comes to python and modding Windows games, but it seems to me WoT makes a completely foreign Direct3D call when you attempt to open the decal interface and wine and/or opengl and/or a .dll is just incapable of handling it. I'd really like to see the source code or ask a dev what exactly it's doing when you open that menu, but oh well..

zhymm #10 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 23:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

WoT 1.0 update:

A few things I've noticed since 1.0 dropped today (3-21-2108):

1.  If you're using wine to run WoT, you won't (or not, so far) be able to run the HD client.  Prior to 1.0 it was necessay to set up wine (w/ winecfg) to use Windows XP as its Windows version.  And in 0.9.22 and earlier, XP could run the HD WoT client.  Not any more.  In the game's graphics settings it shows that the HD client will not run on XP or earlier versions of Windows.  I have not discovered a solution for this, yet.  The only graphics options I have available are Low and Minimum.  The game looks great and I get 60-90 fps on my rig with everything maxed out as much as possible.  But some features that are found in the HD client (like destructables' pieces tumbling about) won't be seen.  The higher graphics settings are unavailable even if you've downloaded the HD client.

2.  When exiting the game, WoT doesn't shut down completely.  I've had to go into a task manager (I've used top) and kill the client to get it shut down.  If you exit the game without doing this and then try to relaunch WoT you get an error message stating that it's already running.

3.  Mods may cause the game to lose the battlescreen.  I installed a few mods from Aslain's mod pack.  I don't use many, but one (or more) of them causes the battlescreen to disappear once in battle.  I still see the mini-map.  But see nothing of the terrain.  Of the tanks all I see are the tank type icons (the diamonds, triangles and squares) for the friendly and enemy tanks floating against a non-changing scenic background.  I could try to drive using the mini-map and attempt to shoot at enemy tanks by aiming below their icons and blind firing (with fingers crossed). 

OK, I've determined that using a a custom reticle is causing the battlescreen problem.  Otherwise, the mods I use from Aslain's mod-pack seem to be functioning properly.

Best regards,

OMZ

Edited by zhymm, Mar 22 2018 - 02:18.

Ericmopar #11 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 11:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1202 battles

I'm a little rusty, but your problem might be because 1.0 needs DX11 or Higher. I do believe XP never supperted past DX9 or 10.

The earliest OS to support DX11 was Vista and Win 7.

Edited by Ericmopar, Mar 22 2018 - 11:41.

decoRyder #12 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 13:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13113 battles

View PostEricmopar, on Mar 22 2018 - 11:37, said:

I'm a little rusty, but your problem might be because 1.0 needs DX11 or Higher. I do believe XP never supperted past DX9 or 10.

The newest version of Wine supports DX11:

https://forums-archi...m/topic/513310/

Having said that, might be a better choice just to take the plunge and build a dedicated gaming machine, on Windows 10.

Edited by KnightOfEris, Mar 22 2018 - 13:24.

zhymm #13 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 16:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

View PostEricmopar, on Mar 22 2018 - 05:37, said:

View PostKnightOfEris, on Mar 22 2018 - 07:24, said:

The newest version of Wine supports DX11:

https://forums-archi...m/topic/513310/

Having said that, might be a better choice just to take the plunge and build a dedicated gaming machine, on Windows 10.

I'm using Wine Staging 3.4 which incorporates DX11 support.  So that's not the issue with the WoT HD client.  Wine can mimic Windows versions up to Windows 10, but functionality is also dependent on the target software.  For example, WoW 7.3 runs with Wine set for Windows 10.  But, for some reason not sussed out, WoT is one of the Windows clients that only works with Wine set for Windows XP.  In my opinion, it's not a big deal.  For me, WoT 1.0 looks better (i.e. more detailed graphics, more "realistic", etc.) and runs with higher fps than WoT 0.9.22 ever did.  I'm just missing out on some additional "eye candy" that's in the HD client, which to me is "meh".  My notes above were meant to be informational for other linux users and not a complaint.

As far as building a "dedicated gaming rig based on Windows 10" ... well, that's not happening.  There are very few online games I play and WoT is the only one of those without a linux client.  A more dedicated linux "gamer" may choose that route.  But I'm not building a rig for just one game.  Also, from a philosophical point, via my experience with M$ and it's actions over the past decades I consider it to be one end or pole of the "Axis of Evil" in the computer-tech world.  Label me a "rebel" or just some old crank, but I try to give M$ as little support as possible.

Respectfully,

OMZ

zhymm #14 Posted Mar 27 2018 - 15:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

Update on running WoT with improved graphics.  Use the instructions re dxvk (Completely maxed out graphics @ 1080p w/ DX11 + dxvk) outlined in the comments (scroll down to see them) at this location

https://appdb.winehq...#Comment-102257

This enables you to run WoT 1.0 on Linux w/ Wine and access the new graphics features.

I do notice that these modifications produce a 10-20 second delay when entering the Garage display.  It appears as if the program has crashed when this happens.  Just be patient and let it catch up.

OMZ

Edited by zhymm, Mar 27 2018 - 15:54.

black_colt #15 Posted Mar 27 2018 - 19:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View Postzhymm, on Mar 27 2018 - 06:24, said:

Update on running WoT with improved graphics.  Use the instructions re dxvk (Completely maxed out graphics @ 1080p w/ DX11 + dxvk) outlined in the comments (scroll down to see them) at this location

https://appdb.winehq...#Comment-102257

This enables you to run WoT 1.0 on Linux w/ Wine and access the new graphics features.

I do notice that these modifications produce a 10-20 second delay when entering the Garage display.  It appears as if the program has crashed when this happens.  Just be patient and let it catch up.

OMZ

OMZ

Thanks for the posts as they are providing some insight [especially the ULR - https://appdb.winehq...Comment-102257] as to why the WoT Mac Wrapper does not run the HD Client [the bottle used by the WoT Mac Wrapper is MS Windows XP].

Also has sparked my interest in getting Linux up-and-running on my iMac instead of MS Windows [World of Tanks is the only game I have] while the HD Client is sorted out in the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Again thanks !!!!

zhymm #16 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 19:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

An update on my current Linux setup to run WoT (v. 1.3.0.1 #1084) :

First, my hardware.

System:
  Host: ########### Kernel: 4.14.91-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64
  Desktop: LXDE 0.9.3 Distro: Manjaro Linux

(note - Manjaro is based on Arch linux and has easy access to the AUR.  I call it "Arch for the lazy". )
Machine:
  Type: Desktop System: Hewlett-Packard product: HP Compaq 8100 Elite CMT PC
  (note - this is a refurbished business desktop I purchased for about $200 US.  Came with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD.  I added a DVD-RW optical

drive and a video card I had already.)
CPU:
  Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i5 650 bits: 64 type: MT MCP
  L2 cache: 4096 KiB
  Speed: 1435 MHz min/max: 1199/3333 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1392 2: 1372 3: 1285 4: 1448
Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] driver: nvidia v: 415.25
  Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.3 driver: nvidia
  OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 415.25

Second, I use Wine (64 bit) to run WoT, currently version Wine-Staging 4.0-rc4.  Also use winetricks to set winecfg and add additional bits.  Currently I have the WoT HD version installed.  Winecfg has Windows version set to Windows 7.

I used these winetricks modules via "Run winecfg", "Install a Windows DLL or component" and "Install a font" (note - you may not need all of these, I did some overkill):

d3dcompiler_43, d3dx9_43, dnsapi, kerberos, mscvp120, msvcp140, msvcp140, msvcr120, msvcrt40, msxml3, msxml4,

msxml6, ole32, vcruntime140, wing32, wldap32, xaudio2_7, devenum, d3dx11_43, dxvk, flash, mfc40, mfc42, vcrun2013,

vcrun2017, corefonts, tahoma

Third, in-game graphics settings with HD client: 3D Render Resolution 100%, Mode:Windowed, Vertical synchronization ON,  Color Adjustment OFF.  Details are all OFF except for the following: Texture Quality - Medium, Object LOD - High, Draw Distance - High, Lighting Quality - Medium, Water Quality - Maximum, Terrain Quality - Maximum, Vegetation Quality - High, Foliage transparency - ON, Extra Effects Quality - Medium, Extra Effects in Sniper Mode - Medium, Enable track and wheel effects - ON, Enable track and wheel traces - ON.  These settings make the game look nice to me, your mileage my vary.

And I'm using a few mods installed via Aslain's Modpack from wgmods.net (if you want a list of these, please ask).

Currently I'm getting c. 50 fps in-game (it varies from mid 30's to mid 60's based on my graphics settings, the battle map, nearby players, etc.).  Amusingly, my fps will jump up over 100 fps when my tank gets destroyed.

Also, I no longer need to kill the WoT client via my task manager (top) when exiting WoT.  The client shuts down properly on its own <smile> .

And Emblems/Inscriptions are back, baby!!  WOOOHOOO!!  I had not been able to use/buy/sell Emblems or Inscriptions since 9.15

I hope this helps those players trying to run WoT with linux.

OMZ

zhymm #17 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 21:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37364 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

WoT 1.4 dropped today, so a little update w/r to my efforts running WoT with Linux via Wine.

Everything works in the vanilla WoT client

Current Linux distribution: Manjaro 18.0 XFCE 64 bit.

Wine version: 4.0 rc6, winecfg set to Windows 7.  Libraries and fonts added are the same as those listed in my previous post along with the following -

lib32-gnutls, lib32-mpg123 and lib32-sdl2_ttf from the Manjaro repositories

dxvk-bin from the Arch User Repository (AUR) - note, I used the yaourt command in terminal in install this package

And, after installing my favored set of mods from Aslain's Modpack (dl'd from wgmods.net) everything continues to work.

OMZ

Edited by zhymm, Feb 06 2019 - 21:21.

AD0EN #18 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 01:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 2355 battles
Only tried to install after 1.4 dropped.  I heard great things about installing via PlayOnLinux so tried that first.  Installed just fine, but the application locks up as soon as I try to type anything at the login prompt.  Has anyone gotten 1.4 running with PlayOnLinux yet?

To_mos #19 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 07:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 5213 battles

View PostAD0EN, on Feb 17 2019 - 18:15, said:

Only tried to install after 1.4 dropped.  I heard great things about installing via PlayOnLinux so tried that first.  Installed just fine, but the application locks up as soon as I try to type anything at the login prompt.  Has anyone gotten 1.4 running with PlayOnLinux yet?

Since PlayOnLinux is just a graphical frontend for wine(last I checked) you should be able to follow the wine setup steps here without much trouble. I will throw WoT on my Arch rig when I have the time and see how it goes, best of luck!

Edited by To_mos, Feb 18 2019 - 07:31.

3bagsfull #20 Posted Feb 20 2019 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

Just install Lutris and run the script on their page for World of Tanks.   Works like a charm and every update Wargaming has pushed works flawlessly.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users