Seal Clubbers - Tier 2 and 3

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

OldFrog75 #81 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 23:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7260 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I regard this thread as a PSA.  Where else are Newcomers going to find the names of so many self-proclaimed, bona fide seal clubbers in one place?

Edited by OldFrog75, Jul 19 2017 - 00:26.

RECON_RANGER #82 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 23:55

Captain

• Players
  • 31228 battles

One tank that has benefitted from tier 3 +1 MM is the PZB2. Yes, it could only see tier 4, BUT, there are now so many players at tier three AND when you are top tier WG now feeds you low tiers and the PZB2 is ALWAYS top tier so i find the games now have far more tier 3s in them most of which struggle to pen U. I played the PZB2 and T15 all day today training German crews and for fun and had a BLAST. It was a fun day! I had WAY more fun with theses 2 tanks than if i had played the Maus/E100 or E50M. For me, its always an easy decision to prefer tiers 2-5 over 6-10, very easy!!!!

I was seeing 3-4 PZ1cs every match.

RECON_RANGER #83 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:01

Captain

• Players
  • 31228 battles
I have a 5 skill crew in the Lucks and Chaffee, my best 2 crews in the game. The Maus, E100, E50M and E5 all only have 2-3 skill crews since I rarely play them and the skills have less of an impact. I sold the E3 after 20 games and never bothered to buy the T57. I grinded a dozen tier 10s playing RAMPAGE. I have most of them unlocked but dont bother buying them. I habe had the Batchat in my garage for 2 yrs and never played it.

Oh, BTW, I run food on the Luchs and Chaffee!!!!!!

ROFL!

RECON_RANGER #84 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 31228 battles

After reading this thread I bought three more tier 3s, but i cant play them that much because the monthly mission is tier 4 and above so I have to play the PZB2, Chaffee, Luchs and Leopard until I get 20k then drop down to tier 3.

I have been getting pened in the PZB2 by dastardly seal clubbers in PZIIGs so i bought that tank so I can club with it too.  Its slower then the PZ1c, but it can pen Matildas, Ducks and PZB2s so it seems to be the seal clubbing choice while seals rush around helter skelter in PZ1cs.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #85 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:41

Captain

• Players
  • 19545 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jul 18 2017 - 15:01, said:

I have a 5 skill crew in the Lucks and Chaffee, my best 2 crews in the game. The Maus, E100, E50M and E5 all only have 2-3 skill crews since I rarely play them and the skills have less of an impact. I sold the E3 after 20 games and never bothered to buy the T57. I grinded a dozen tier 10s playing RAMPAGE. I have most of them unlocked but dont bother buying them. I habe had the Batchat in my garage for 2 yrs and never played it.

Oh, BTW, I run food on the Luchs and Chaffee!!!!!!

ROFL!

That's why your 10s aren't good. Because of a lack of crew skills.  That's the thing with tier 10s, the require playing the line and knowing the varying playstyles and having minimum 3 crew skills at tier 10, without it, you will greatly suffer, taking the short route isn't always a good thing.

RECON_RANGER #86 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 04:19

Captain

• Players
  • 31228 battles
todays results (luchs, leopard, pzb2, t15):

41 BATTLES

63% wins
3.32 K/D
2800 WN8
Ave Tier 4.5
5 top guns, 4 high calibers
350 German base capt pts for mthly mission
fun, FUN, FUN!!!!!

crew and xp boosters used for crew training to bring new luchs and leopard crews to 100%.

eisen1973 #87 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 47656 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View Postmiklkit, on Jul 18 2017 - 16:35, said:

Perhaps this will answer your question.  World of Tanks Game Statistics: Tank Classes

The low tiers are empty so there are almost no new players and they are being clubbed out of the game.

Well, I think of lower tiers as the real boot camp. If you go through it then you can call yourself a wot player. I rather have somebody quit at tier II than suffering his later posts on the forum about the game being rigged and the like for a couple of years, letting alone their performance. Thanks for the link, though. 

medoyehd #88 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 08:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 59 battles

Too those seal clubbing and happy about it, as a new player please know that you are the reason I am dirtying up high tier game play trying to learn.  If I play low tier I get clubbed by a Pz Ic/M2 Light/Cruiser II/Tetrarch player with 10,000+ games before I have a chance to do anything.  Play mid tier I get derped by one of the many M4 Shermans/Hetzers/Pz IVHs.  The only place I can go to stand a chance of learning anything it seems is higher tier games where having better teammates balances it out so I can start to try and learn from mistakes. 

So now feel free to trash me all you want, but remember you are the reason I'm dirtying up your higher tier games trying to learn. 

Verblonde #89 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 18:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 17103 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

View PostBRM9875, on Jul 19 2017 - 02:27, said:

Too those seal clubbing and happy about it, as a new player please know that you are the reason I am dirtying up high tier game play trying to learn.  If I play low tier I get clubbed by a Pz Ic/M2 Light/Cruiser II/Tetrarch player with 10,000+ games before I have a chance to do anything.  Play mid tier I get derped by one of the many M4 Shermans/Hetzers/Pz IVHs.  The only place I can go to stand a chance of learning anything it seems is higher tier games where having better teammates balances it out so I can start to try and learn from mistakes. 

So now feel free to trash me all you want, but remember you are the reason I'm dirtying up your higher tier games trying to learn. 

According to your profile, you have nothing above T6; whilst I can't speak for anyone else, in my view you're fine - that's not "dirtying up higher tier games"...

tanopasman62 #90 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 19:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13002 battles

View PostBRM9875, on Jul 19 2017 - 08:27, said:

Most of us ran into them as well, you'll eventually learn how to deal with them or get tanks capable of countering those.

Go to wotacademy and get a free Locust, it's really fun to play.

Heavylemon5454 #91 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 21:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 7095 battles

Reply to the main topic: 

Pz II G. Feels great when you can reliably carousel a Matilda, Valentine, Duck or any mini-Maus at a low tier and leave them wondering if you're using some sort of penetration hack... which my Pz II G does smashingly well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, in regards with the seal-clubbing, perhaps some of us more experienced players should specifically go to lower tiers, platoon up with the newer players, and teach them the ropes? I've done it once or twice(or thrice), and it felt... fun. Fun as in watching the little sapling grow into a giant baobab tree or something.

However, its not the benefits for the experienced players, its mostly going to benefit the new ones. Here's how it may turn out:

-Instead of ground zero for the nuclear-missile-launching Cruiser, shredded to ground beef by  Pz. IC's, or steamrolled into a metallic roll of French bread for the Duck, by the Duck, they'd know how to avoid being an easy prey!

- They'd have a friend! WoT is an ONLINE game, and that means you'll meet OTHER PEOPLE. Of course, some would spread their toxins everywhere, while others are at the ready with "toxin-icide" or somethin' that cleans up toxic spills... you know what? Bad analogy. But the idea's clear, right? Noob plays game, gets toxins dumped on them, noob leaves, compared to noob plays game, gets a friendly to help them develop, noob stays.

- A mentor! You may not have the voice of an old-green-beret-wearing-assault-rifle-slinging-veteran-with-white-facial-hair-in-a-group-with-3-others-trying-to-survive-a-zombie-outbreak-who-sacrifices-himself-trying-to-raise-a-bridge(here's a hint to his identity- He left for you his hat), but you're still mentoring, nonetheless. This one ties into the first and second example, but deserves its own place here in this list.

- Fun! Being able to deal with the Duck(AMX-40), the meat chef(Pz IC), the Nuclear Holocaust(Cruiser), and a few others that I can't think of a way to reference, the newer players will have fun! Between a rock and a hard place, a hard place is passable, a rock isn't. By mentoring the new players, they'll have a challenge, but not an unplayable game.

I dunno about most of everyone else(such as the ones who haven't stated their reasons for going into lower tiers), but I go into lower tier battles mostly for fun, and this reason.

*Side note: I think my grammar and paragraph flow or whatever is all messed up. Sorry for the non-highly-cohesive read and the somewhat impulsive... stuff. As of now, I'm sitting in a Starbucks sipping on my 4th Mocha of the day. Too hyped to think at all(or clearly).*

*Edit 1: Added some lines like the one right above this side note. May help you with understanding a super-hyped-on-coffee-person, or at least figure out what that person is trying to say, and where.*

**Edit 2: This is a notification. By side note(mentioned in Edit 1), I meant it as "Edit 1 being a side note." Don't look above the "Side note" above the line above "Edit 1," that is not what you are directed towards(actually, you can look, but there's no line directly above it). Once again, sorry for this weird... speech. 

***Edit 3: Fixed grammar. I'm horrible.

Edited by Heavylemon5454, Jul 19 2017 - 21:32.

Alterinus #92 Posted Jul 20 2017 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7998 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 17 2017 - 17:16, said:

This is what makes low tiers fun.  Most of the players have no idea and so they do really unpredictable and often stupid things.  I will never understand why people play in low tier matches and then come to the forums to complain that the teams are bad. Of course the teams are bad, they are made of neophyte players. I don't think I could play hundreds of battles in low tiers but, in small doses, it is fun. 

You obviously did not get the memo that players are divided into new and old groups by their games played counter. Just because you're in a low tier match does not mean players are new.

Alterinus #93 Posted Jul 20 2017 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7998 battles

View PostHeavylemon5454, on Jul 19 2017 - 21:25, said:

Reply to the main topic: 

Pz II G. Feels great when you can reliably carousel a Matilda, Valentine, Duck or any mini-Maus at a low tier and leave them wondering if you're using some sort of penetration hack... which my Pz II G does smashingly well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, in regards with the seal-clubbing, perhaps some of us more experienced players should specifically go to lower tiers, platoon up with the newer players, and teach them the ropes? I've done it once or twice(or thrice), and it felt... fun. Fun as in watching the little sapling grow into a giant baobab tree or something.

However, its not the benefits for the experienced players, its mostly going to benefit the new ones. Here's how it may turn out:

-Instead of ground zero for the nuclear-missile-launching Cruiser, shredded to ground beef by  Pz. IC's, or steamrolled into a metallic roll of French bread for the Duck, by the Duck, they'd know how to avoid being an easy prey!

- They'd have a friend! WoT is an ONLINE game, and that means you'll meet OTHER PEOPLE. Of course, some would spread their toxins everywhere, while others are at the ready with "toxin-icide" or somethin' that cleans up toxic spills... you know what? Bad analogy. But the idea's clear, right? Noob plays game, gets toxins dumped on them, noob leaves, compared to noob plays game, gets a friendly to help them develop, noob stays.

- A mentor! You may not have the voice of an old-green-beret-wearing-assault-rifle-slinging-veteran-with-white-facial-hair-in-a-group-with-3-others-trying-to-survive-a-zombie-outbreak-who-sacrifices-himself-trying-to-raise-a-bridge(here's a hint to his identity- He left for you his hat), but you're still mentoring, nonetheless. This one ties into the first and second example, but deserves its own place here in this list.

- Fun! Being able to deal with the Duck(AMX-40), the meat chef(Pz IC), the Nuclear Holocaust(Cruiser), and a few others that I can't think of a way to reference, the newer players will have fun! Between a rock and a hard place, a hard place is passable, a rock isn't. By mentoring the new players, they'll have a challenge, but not an unplayable game.

I dunno about most of everyone else(such as the ones who haven't stated their reasons for going into lower tiers), but I go into lower tier battles mostly for fun, and this reason.

*Side note: I think my grammar and paragraph flow or whatever is all messed up. Sorry for the non-highly-cohesive read and the somewhat impulsive... stuff. As of now, I'm sitting in a Starbucks sipping on my 4th Mocha of the day. Too hyped to think at all(or clearly).*

*Edit 1: Added some lines like the one right above this side note. May help you with understanding a super-hyped-on-coffee-person, or at least figure out what that person is trying to say, and where.*

**Edit 2: This is a notification. By side note(mentioned in Edit 1), I meant it as "Edit 1 being a side note." Don't look above the "Side note" above the line above "Edit 1," that is not what you are directed towards(actually, you can look, but there's no line directly above it). Once again, sorry for this weird... speech. 

***Edit 3: Fixed grammar. I'm horrible.

lately I am seeing tetrach pr Pzcheese triple platoons going around.

Dands #94 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 03:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9839 battles

View PostLo_Pan9875, on Jul 19 2017 - 17:27, said:

Well what you should be doing is using the opportunity to master the lower tier tanks and then when you progress up the tiers you'll be better at it. What you want to do it race ASAP up the tiers and play with 'the big boys". And if you had the free XP given to you you would be in a Tier 10 straight away being a noob.

Take your time, use the challenge and learn.

Backwoods166 #95 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 17:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8640 battles

Some tanker

The point is that tier 2 and 3 are where new players experience the game. Those players do not have an opportunity to learn  playing against you and your 4 skill crew.

I think this is only partially relevant.  Every FPS I have played put new players with the best veterans.  This is not a problem, it is actually the best way to learn.  It is a disservice to new players to try an insulate them from experienced players.  The second point is very relevant. I have never seen another FPS that puts new players at such an enormous mechanics disadvantage (crew skills, equipment, consumables, upgrades).  This is not an ARPG or MMORPG, why have those grinding mechanics in the game?  It only makes the gameplay worse and allow things like seal clubbing.  Those mechanics are great in PvE games, not in PvP games.

This is entirely a WG design issue and has nothing to do with skill level mix or what tanks people want to play.

Ripping #96 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 18:45

Captain

• Players
  • 17522 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View PostAlterinus, on Jul 17 2017 - 11:37, said:

stick to T2/M2 lights, locust, Pz IIs tetrach

Im going to start clubbing now as well. Need to sell a tank to do it, but I wanna boost my stats.

That is when people get really sad... Seal clubbing to try and look good.... Fake stats!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users