• 47788 battles
Lets all play tier one and two and really put a kibosh on this game. :facepalm:

Hellsfog #42 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 29924 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostVendettaPrime, on Jul 17 2017 - 08:15, said:

although I do not like low tiers at all I have to warn you, seal clubbing is not as easy as it sounds, you have to be good consistently, do not underestimate it, and I hate the fast and chaotic play style at low tiers, if you are getting used to mid and higher tiers also like me I suspect you will feel the same.

This is what makes low tiers fun.  Most of the players have no idea and so they do really unpredictable and often stupid things.  I will never understand why people play in low tier matches and then come to the forums to complain that the teams are bad. Of course the teams are bad, they are made of neophyte players. I don't think I could play hundreds of battles in low tiers but, in small doses, it is fun. 

Tokeda #43 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18330 battles
I have to go back and kill a Bison. It's the only tank I have left to destroy in the German tech tree. I hope to soon be a successful Bison clubber.  

tanopasman62 #44 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10000 battles

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Jul 17 2017 - 14:12, said:

Seriously, they have messed up my beloved AT 2 ? I have not played it in very long time.  But, now its not worth a 2 toots now? :(

The only really good thing about AT2 was its armor, which is worthless when you're constantly facing enemies that will easily pen you by pressing their 2 key, what are you going to do?, play it like a TD?, there are better guns for that at tier 5.

The crew of my AT 2 now rests in my Firefly, close to finish its first skill.

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 17 2017 - 17:16, said:

This is what makes low tiers fun.  Most of the players have no idea and so they do really unpredictable and often stupid things.  I will never understand why people play in low tier matches and then come to the forums to complain that the teams are bad. Of course the teams are bad, they are made of neophyte players. I don't think I could play hundreds of battles in low tiers but, in small doses, it is fun. 

At least its understandable for tier 3 teams to be bad, when you get retarded teams in tier 10 matches you wonder if these people even has a brain.

pepe_trueno #45 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 37039 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 17 2017 - 17:16, said:

People complain about bad players in High tiers not low tiers and can't blame Them, way to  many 10k+ Battles players playing  worst than new players.

Apache1990 #46 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 30501 battles
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE
Pz II and T-70 are always fun.

Themutt36 #47 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 19594 battles
  • [DV] DV

View PostPerma_Chatbanned_Hacker, on Jul 17 2017 - 04:00, said:

Please uninstall you insecure [edited].

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and for your expert advice.  Just to make sure I understand correctly, to feel more like a man I should take my best crews and put them in a tier 2 or 3 tank. 

I'll uninstall right after you do SFB

djb_95 #48 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 80956 battles

Pz 38H.  Mash the W key and kill everything.

Krautjaeger #49 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 241 battles

View PostGravtech, on Jul 17 2017 - 06:48, said:

> One of the reasons the game is dying is because not many new players

> Makes thread on how to seal club the only new players left at tier 2-3

GJ everyone, that's a wrap

^^ That...

View PostPanzer_74, on Jul 17 2017 - 06:54, said:

View PostGravtech, on Jul 17 2017 - 06:48, said:

I agree to an extent. There are clans dedicated to playing low tier stuff in 3 man platoons, that are pulling 70-80% win rates. This is the true cancer.

If I wish to do some crew training, or start a new line - then I have to face these pro-clubbers like everyone else down at tier 3 or 4.

Maybe restrict platooning to tier 5 upwards, or limit them to 2 men per platoon.

I've suggested before, both on EU and NA, that public/countable stats are removed/doesn't show until after tier 5/6. Privately you can still view your stats for all the tiers. Most clubbers do it for padding, and if you can't pad stats then they'll just stay out of those tiers. For those counting stats, the only ones that truly matter are tier 7+ imho, some would say tier 9-10 only. Some times when you're in a high tier game and you see someone that's supposedly "good" and he/she eff's up completely then when you're at the result screen and look at their profile they're all 42-47% on their tier 9-10s and pad to look like the really good ones. The only ones left are those that enjoy playing lower tiers for other reasons, be it nostalgia, historical or otherwise.

Hellsfog #50 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 29924 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postpepe_trueno, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:06, said:

People complain about bad players in High tiers not low tiers and can't blame Them, way to  many 10k+ Battles players playing  worst than new players.

There are many threads where the person is making a general complaint about bad teams and you check their recent history and a majority of their recent battles are in low tiers.  

docroberts #51 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16913 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
So why do people feel so compelled to say ppl who have made it to upper tiers that they shouldn't play lower ones . I myself still love playing all tiers , not just certain ones . Some tanks are a riot to play and can make you laugh your but off while dying .. Have you ever had fun just jumping over other tanks in a PZ1C . Not killing them but just the joy of zipping around being an annoyance . And lower tiers are not serious as upper tiers and it is nice to take a break and have fun a bit and not get screamed at cause someone thought they were better than you and you didn't do what they wanted . It's not seal clubbing if your just having some clean fun . Yes there are guys who live in them and do work there stats . But the armors usually junk and most of the guns are just as bad . The game is open to all players and tiers and we mostly love playing what we found to like best . And I find most low tiers to be more chaotic than the upper tiers .. And if some players that are starting a game and don't understand , then why don't they take the time to ask how to do something . I'm sure there are many who will be glad to teach you . 

Icon_Charlie #52 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13672 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View PostPerma_Chatbanned_Hacker, on Jul 17 2017 - 01:00, said:

Please uninstall you insecure [edited].

Not as insecure as you posting against it....  I think it is rather funny and very true.  Too many people flapping abound their pixelated tank barrels pretending that their stats mean ANYTHING IN REAL LIFE... WG IS THE LAUGHING STOCK  in E-sports.  Nobody takes them seriously.  And nobody in their rightful mind and with common sense takes these Unicorns seriously too.

the_Deadly_Bulb #53 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:37

Captain

• Players
  • 16885 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGravtech, on Jul 16 2017 - 21:48, said:

Seal Clubbing = Stat masturbating/Self Delusion.

Ultimately it does lead to a form of blindness. The kind where they're incapable of seeing what kind of game killing, childish, selfimportant douchnozzles they really are. I often wonder why they think its an accomplishment destroying new players who lack even basic equipment.

Similar to a grown man heading down to a playground to rough up some of the children there and take their rightful place as Lord of the Weak. :sceptic:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Jul 17 2017 - 20:40.

pepe_trueno #54 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:44

Major

• Players
  • 37039 battles

View PostKrautjaeger, on Jul 17 2017 - 19:20, said:

^^ That...

I've suggested before, both on EU and NA, that public/countable stats are removed/doesn't show until after tier 5/6. Privately you can still view your stats for all the tiers. Most clubbers do it for padding, and if you can't pad stats then they'll just stay out of those tiers. For those counting stats, the only ones that truly matter are tier 7+ imho, some would say tier 9-10 only. Some times when you're in a high tier game and you see someone that's supposedly "good" and he/she eff's up completely then when you're at the result screen and look at their profile they're all 42-47% on their tier 9-10s and pad to look like the really good ones. The only ones left are those that enjoy playing lower tiers for other reasons, be it nostalgia, historical or otherwise.

Removal of stat tracking Is a start but i would add a few extra changes to t1-4.

Removal of gold rounds: its one of the Main advantage old players with lots of crédits  have over  newcomers That cant aford Them, plus armor sucks in those tiers so no need for gold.

Creation of low tier specific equipment/consumables That dont cost more than the tanks...

Da_Craw #55 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19636 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:34, said:

Not as insecure as you posting against it....  I think it is rather funny and very true.  Too many people flapping abound their pixelated tank barrels pretending that their stats mean ANYTHING IN REAL LIFE... WG IS THE LAUGHING STOCK  in E-sports.  Nobody takes them seriously.  And nobody in their rightful mind and with common sense takes these Unicorns seriously too.

Except YOU care.  You care enough to have an opinion about Esports and who is or is not a laughing stock.  How does Esports have anything to do with "real life?"  How does it have any LESS to do with "real life" than a golf handicap or an ELO rating in chess?  Part of real life is the way we entertain ourselves.  WoT is entertainment.  It matters as entertainment.  Stats do matter for various reasons.  If I am looking for advice about a tank or a map, I'm going to give more credence to the advice that comes from someone with more purple or blue in their sig as opposed to red and orange.  Don't fall prey to the "my stats suck so I'll just belittle the stats to make myself feel better" urge.  

Da_Craw #56 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19636 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postpepe_trueno, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:44, said:

Removal of stat tracking Is a start but i would add a few extra changes to t1-4.

Removal of gold rounds: its one of the Main advantage old players with lots of crédits  have over  newcomers That cant aford Them, plus armor sucks in those tiers so no need for gold.

Creation of low tier specific equipment/consumables That dont cost more than the tanks...

Binocs, Camo Net, Toolbox.  All essentially free.     

TheGipper22 #57 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 00:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 22550 battles
  • [SXN-8] SXN-8

View PostPanzer_74, on Jul 16 2017 - 21:54, said:

Seemed to sneak in unannounced with the big MM re-jig. I still occasionally play a game in tier 3, and I have never seen a tier 5 game since the upgrade. Means an indirect nerf to t-127, as all other tier 3s now have a better gun and get same MM as it. Still has nice troll armor I guess.

I agree to an extent. There are clans dedicated to playing low tier stuff in 3 man platoons, that are pulling 70-80% win rates. This is the true cancer.

If I wish to do some crew training, or start a new line - then I have to face these pro-clubbers like everyone else down at tier 3 or 4.

Maybe restrict platooning to tier 5 upwards, or limit them to 2 men per platoon.

3 half-way decent (like only better than 50% of the players.. would-be yellows at high tiers) players on one tier 4 or below game automatically create a big mismatch in talent between the two teams in 80% of the games they see(the exceptions being when there is also a similar platoon on the opposing team.)

Restricting platoons to tier 5 and above would really help games in those genuinely newer player tiers.  Why stop at tier 4 ?  It isn't any clear bright line but the higher tier you go up the less overwhelming an average skilled platoon is.  Yeah, a platoon of true blues(people who are blue playing higher tiers) would decimate tier 5 and 6 matches (even 7) too...but I all in all, the truly better players don't do it that much.

Its more a certain group of average players trying to boost their egos by picking on the weak with platoons than the good players who feel competent playing at any level they play.

They could still boost their ego playing low tiers (maybe I do myself - although I don't think my stats put me nearly at an exploitative level.. other than the Matilda which I've given up after improving to that point in it) but without platoons, they would at least be earning their advantage without skewing the balance of the teams with 3 of them on one.

TheGipper22 #58 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 22550 battles
  • [SXN-8] SXN-8

View Postdocroberts, on Jul 17 2017 - 11:26, said:

So why do people feel so compelled to say ppl who have made it to upper tiers that they shouldn't play lower ones . I myself still love playing all tiers , not just certain ones . Some tanks are a riot to play and can make you laugh your but off while dying .. Have you ever had fun just jumping over other tanks in a PZ1C . Not killing them but just the joy of zipping around being an annoyance . And lower tiers are not serious as upper tiers and it is nice to take a break and have fun a bit and not get screamed at cause someone thought they were better than you and you didn't do what they wanted . It's not seal clubbing if your just having some clean fun . Yes there are guys who live in them and do work there stats . But the armors usually junk and most of the guns are just as bad . The game is open to all players and tiers and we mostly love playing what we found to like best . And I find most low tiers to be more chaotic than the upper tiers .. And if some players that are starting a game and don't understand , then why don't they take the time to ask how to do something . I'm sure there are many who will be glad to teach you . 

I think it's great that average players (and especially players who perform below average at the highest tiers) play lots of games at lower tiers.

However, platooning playing the lower tiers causes more unbalances and isn't necessary to leave the low tier option open.  Platooning can be limited to tiers at or above a certain level. It would be somewhat arbitrary where to draw the line, but some line would be better than no line.

pepe_trueno #59 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 37039 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Jul 17 2017 - 22:48, said:

Binocs, Camo Net, Toolbox.  All essentially free.     

not sure if free but is idiotic to charge them 500k at those tiers.

the_Deadly_Bulb #60 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 01:16

Captain

• Players
  • 16885 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postpepe_trueno, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:58, said:

not sure if free but is idiotic to charge them 500k at those tiers.

Agreed.

However these 3 items can be moved from tank to tank without a 'demounting' fee.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users