spg,s made totally useless.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Mad_Scotsman #1 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 09:56

Private

• Players
  • 51057 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Since the massive and unfair Nerf of the arty,s its almost impossible to make any impact in a battle anymore.

I have all the tier 10 arty,s and a few of the lower Teir,s.

But everyone may as well sell all their arty,s and be done with it as there is no fun in using them anymore as they have almost been rendered totally useless as the light tanks now have way more powerful guns and the arty,s  can not defend themselves against them at all,and most teams hate arty players and will not help them anyway.

They should of been just taken out of the game completely as their game-play is totally useless now anyway.

Perma_Chatbanned_Hacker #2 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 10:06

Major

• Players
  • 15262 battles

I have no sympathy for you, go away.

And just so you know, it's even more cancerous than before. 

Edited by Perma_Chatbanned_Hacker, Jul 17 2017 - 10:23.

PUNISHER989 #3 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 10:28

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles

View PostMad_Scotsman, on Jul 17 2017 - 10:56, said:

Since the massive and unfair Nerf of the arty,s its almost impossible to make any impact in a battle anymore.

But everyone may as well sell all their arty,s and be done with it as there is no fun in using them anymore as they have almost been rendered totally useless as the light tanks now have way more powerful guns and the arty,s  can not defend themselves against them at all,and most teams hate arty players and will not help them anyway.

They should of been just taken out of the game completely as their game-play is totally useless now anyway.

ROFL, please just leave, Arty are even worse as they can hit you constantly and more often, just because you cant one shot tanks now, "they are useless"? pffff, you are useless. Arty is and was a support vehicle, get use to it. It mostly got a buff over all. 

kebab6597 #4 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 10:45

Major

• Players
  • 52078 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I kind of like the new arty, when I play my arty I usually seem to be in the top 5 on damage, and when I play other tanks I,am aware of arty so it doesn't tend to be too much of a problem for me, I do agree arty should be able to defend itself in a direct fire situation certainly against light tanks, doing 200 damage to the side of a light from 50 yards with a tier 9/10 arty is pretty bad and should be looked at 

johnmadara #5 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 11:03

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostMad_Scotsman, on Jul 17 2017 - 08:56, said:

50 thousand games at 45% and you complaining about arty being useless?

doogie9982 #6 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 11:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19615 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostPerma_Chatbanned_Hacker, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:06, said:

I have no sympathy for you, go away.

And just so you know, it's even more cancerous than before. 

^^^this, +1

Dirizon #7 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 25892 battles

View PostPUNISHER989, on Jul 17 2017 - 04:58, said:

Arty are even worse as they can hit you constantly and more often, just because you cant one shot tanks now, "they are useless" Arty is and was a support vehicle, get use to it. It mostly got a buff over all. 

Artillery started out this game as a firepower class. Very definitely. lt came out to counter Maus and lS7, which were few in number early in 2O11 and would really bully tiers 6-9. Arty and the old HE effects would keep these tanks in check. Furthermore, WG themselves would elaborate with in-game pointers, as Arty as a primary firepower class.

Now it is a support and assistance class. 

Arty can hit you more now, that much is true. But arty needs 2 hits to deal the same damage they dealt previously - without Pen even. And very often, just like disgruntled scout tanks not having their spotting pay off - arty stuns are not always taken advantage of. l do not think that is fair, because their shells stayed the same price, and they did not become 2x more accurate, or 2x faster-aiming for 1/2 damage...... Furthermore, super heavy tanks got buffs across the board, and many tank HD remodels have removal of weak spots, or up armouring of flanks. This kills arty effects even more, ADDlNG to their damage inability.

Arty can't press 2 to have an ability like other tank classes,  to increase their damage potential by decreasing chances of Pen - all the while increasing the chance of a full damage roll. l think the damage cutbacks were a bit too severe on SPG  HE shells.  l think the damage debuff to 6O-75% with lower stun rates, and even lower HE Pen  would  have been a better choice than  5O-55% damage.

ammo_magnet #8 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 12:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28341 battles

View PostMad_Scotsman, on Jul 17 2017 - 02:56, said:

Good! :rolleyes:

ammo_magnet #9 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 12:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28341 battles

View Postkebab6597, on Jul 17 2017 - 03:45, said:

I do agree arty should be able to defend itself in a direct fire situation certainly against light tanks

Umm No?!!!!!

So they should be able to lob things over and be able to fight close fight against other tanks???  Why stop there?? Why don't we give them the Maus armor?

Edited by ammo_magnet, Jul 17 2017 - 12:45.

zoomer96 #10 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 13:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29167 battles

Arty isn't as fun as it was and it wasn't a whole lot of fun before.  But it got kills and could change the outcome of a battle.  I don't notice it hitting any better, it seems I miss every shot now, but I get lots of splash damage.  So I just try to get close and shoot the target 4 or 5 times to kill it.  However, I usually track a target and another tank kills it.  Getting many no kill games with 2000+ damage score.  I have started shooting all over the map.  Aiming as fast as possible to score damage.  Anywhere I might get a near miss if no opportunity for a hit.  Also I've found more friendly light tanks are getting up close to my targets even if I signal I'm shooting at it.  Lookout for team kills.  splash damage goes both ways.  I also get to kill more cripples if I hang around the skirmish areas.

I was thinking that WoT should have a new medal for tanks that defend their arty team mates.  That might add a level of protection for arty from random fast tanks that penetrate the backfield. 

Edited by zoomer96, Jul 17 2017 - 13:11.

Asassian7 #11 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 13:28

Major

• Players
  • 23401 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Hahahaha. Arty got buffed, not nerfed.

And if it wasnt a necessary nerf, we wouldnt of had 5 threads a day on how bad and hated the class was was for the LAST 5 YEARS

V_A_C_A #12 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 14:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17638 battles
  • [BREJO] BREJO

View PostAsassian7, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:28, said:

Arty got buffed, not nerfed.

A T92 HMC bouncing on a Maus.
Not a nerf.
#Logic

Asassian7 #13 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 23401 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostV_A_C_A, on Jul 18 2017 - 01:00, said:

A T92 HMC bouncing on a Maus.
Not a nerf.
#Logic

T92s reload dropped, gun handling and accuracy better across the board, splash radius massively increased, and now it stuns the Maus even if you bounce. 

To sum up: arty is faster firing, faster aiming, more accurate,  MUCH more consistent, and the only cost was it now cant 1 shot superheavies that are probably running spall liners any more.

BlackFive #14 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 22960 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

Is the OP playing the same game as the rest of us?

And who the hell has enough time to grind ALL Tier X arty.  And why would you?  There are some ungodly dogs in the arty lines... beyond just being arty - which is as dynamic as watching water drip into a pan from a leaky faucet just to see when the pan finally overflows.  Wheee.

Arty got marginally more fun to play, has a more realistic but still gamey effect on the game and is the best in this iteration its ever been.

ElPuffMo #15 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 15:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31610 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostMad_Scotsman, on Jul 17 2017 - 03:56, said:

I feel that arty can actually impact the battles better than ever, due to the ability to stun enemies for allies. For example, my solo WR in arty was only about 56+% before. Now my solo WR has been over 60% in the past three months with the changes. I am not doing nearly as much damage, but I am creating better opportunities for my teammates to do the damage and eliminate the enemy tanks with my abilities to stun and notify where I am looking. The changes amplify arty's role as a support class and drastically enhance the teamwork and synergy required for success in each battle.  

Arty is nowhere near useless, and I've got the recent stats to prove it. Perhaps your words are just another troll attempt? Perhaps someone does not yet know how to best coordinate with teammates to win battles and is whining for a scapegoat? This game is not a FPS. It takes time to adjust to any gameplay changes, but seek harder and you will find victories.

xrays_ #16 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostElPuffMo, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:12, said:

I feel that arty can actually impact the battles better than ever, due to the ability to stun enemies for allies.

Agreed... 

And great to see you again, Puff... Too bad we can't platoon multiple artillery, though. >sadface<

x.

FrozenKemp #17 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 41599 battles

I have no problem playing what arty I have.

OP's problem is evidently his own. 

ArmorStorm #18 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostMad_Scotsman, on Jul 17 2017 - 02:56, said:

I see it just the other way around.  When I play my M53/55 I can more effectively aid my team during the battle as I am more accurate and fire faster.  Lowering the aim time, reload and mobility of opposing tanks just as your guys push is a huge advantage for the team.

Really, the only arty players who bemoan the BUFF are the ones who are basically griefers anyway.  They get their kicks not by being a contributing part of a team, but rather by one-shotting some poor schmuck who had no idea it was coming.  

Samurai_Blitzkrieg #19 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 15:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20968 battles
Bummer.

ElPuffMo #20 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 16:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31610 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postxrays_, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:39, said:

Agreed... 

And great to see you again, Puff... Too bad we can't platoon multiple artillery, though. >sadface<

x.

Love you, xrays! And isn't is cool that our SPG stats for the past few months prove how effective arty can be just pubbing solo? I was getting so tired of hearing that high arty win rates must be just from being carried in platoons. Well, until a few days ago, arty couldn't toon at all, so look now at those high solo WRs in upper tiers, doubters! (And everyone knows I'm too cheap to run gold/credits in pubs, so they can't explain it away on "wallet-winning", either.) It must be... gasp!... knowing how to properly wield artillery in this game to win battles with a team?!?    

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users