Jump to content


Change Low Tiers


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mike_baconggod1 #1 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8917 battles
  • 84
  • [TRIAD] TRIAD
  • Member since:
    03-22-2015

WoT needs to change low tiers. Almost all of the commonly played tanks have derp guns, which are not good for the new players. I am just trying to play my T14, and I realized there is no point to having low tier heavies. Heck, I want a refund because of how worthless they are. What is the point of armor? To bounce AP, APCR, and HEAT shells. What are the shell types of derp guns? HE. What does HE do? Completely negates armor, does not teach you how to play the game, and allows brain-dead players to be competitive. With 690 HP, my T14 normally does very well against tier 5s, even when they dab the two key. If they aim at my weakspots and penetrate me, good for them. They know how to aim and shoot. But when people play tanks like the M4 Sherman, Pz IV H, even some TDs with derp guns, it does not teach them anything but, "HAHA LOOK AT YOUR PUNY ARMOR WATCH ME SPLASH OVER YOUR 101MM OF TURRET ARMOR FOR 100 DMG EVERY 8 ISH SECONDS!" 

 

Ragepost 10/10

Fix your game WG
Stupid



Dratt_Dastardly #2 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 27171 battles
  • 2,082
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

Put a spall liner on your slow heavies.  Maybe a Large First Aid Kit too.

 

Whatever the average damage listed for HE shells, half that by it not penetrating.  Then take another 30% off from the Spall Liner.



Lonehawk51 #3 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8801 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    06-18-2013

Memo to me:  Find black skin for my M4.

 

Herinafter to be known as "Derp Vader".   :trollface:


Edited by Lonehawk51, Jul 17 2017 - 18:53.


tanopasman62 #4 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:53

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12302 battles
  • 1,655
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016
Do you realize that you can hit them three times for every 100 they do to you?

tanopasman62 #5 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12302 battles
  • 1,655
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostLonehawk51, on Jul 17 2017 - 18:53, said:

Memo to me:  Find black skin for my M4.

 

Herinafter to be known as "Derp Vader".   :trollface:

 

If you find one send link pls :trollface:

CrazzyStreaker #6 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:44

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5780 battles
  • 360
  • Member since:
    05-27-2016

T14 is probably the worst tier 5 tanks in the game, weak gun and no real armor.

didn't you research it before you bought it??



Gurgar #7 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 01:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26918 battles
  • 176
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Good luck with that refund, let us know how well that works out.

Dratt_Dastardly #8 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 18:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 27171 battles
  • 2,082
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

View PostCrazzyStreaker, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:44, said:

T14 is probably the worst tier 5 tanks in the game, weak gun and no real armor.

didn't you research it before you bought it??

 

Some can make it work.  But they know how to play it's strengths, hide it's weaknesses, and know where to target on the enemy.  Something the most average players would not do well with.

Verblonde #9 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 18:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16939 battles
  • 2,256
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
  • Member since:
    02-08-2015

View PostCrazzyStreaker, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:44, said:

T14 is probably the worst tier 5 tanks in the game, weak gun and no real armor.

didn't you research it before you bought it??

 

It's not that bad; you just have to be prepared to fire gold. Equip it properly, insert a decent crew, and it's a giggle to play. The ROF is pretty decent, so if you don't mind spending some silver, it's a good way to train your crews.

 

Doesn't it also have pref MM? I don't remember seeing any T7s in mine, but I could be having a senior moment...



Verblonde #10 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 18:29

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16939 battles
  • 2,256
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
  • Member since:
    02-08-2015
(additional: the recent change to MM, meaning you don't get to bully T3s means your need to fire gold has increased a bit)

DrMrEd #11 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 18:33

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16336 battles
  • 204
  • Member since:
    10-10-2013
T14 is one of those tanks that's very team-dependent. If you're fighting anyone half competent, they'll be firing gold at you all day long and penning easily. If it's against a bunch of 500 WN8 players, you can literally drive to the enemy cap at 100% health as they scatter or bounce repeatedly. If your team isn't spotting TDs or seal-clubbers that'll wreck you, you won't be alive long. 

TankFullOfBourbon #12 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 18:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 21032 battles
  • 4,491
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

Let me get this straight? You want a refund because low tier tanks shoot at you with HE? Wut?


 

Maybe WOT should force players to shoot AP and bounce at you?



Midna1 #13 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 20:13

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24714 battles
  • 99
  • [BOC] BOC
  • Member since:
    08-03-2012
mid tiers are a bit cancerous with all the derp guns running around atm.

tanopasman62 #14 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 20:46

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12302 battles
  • 1,655
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostMidna1, on Jul 18 2017 - 20:13, said:

mid tiers are a bit cancerous with all the derp guns running around atm.

 

What makes those tiers cancer is the amount of Luchs, Leopards and T67s running around there.

the_Deadly_Bulb #15 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 21:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17678 battles
  • 1,667
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostVerblonde, on Jul 18 2017 - 09:29, said:

(additional: the recent change to MM, meaning you don't get to bully T3s means your need to fire gold has increased a bit)

 

Indeed. Picture your options in your T14 when confronted by a solid T-VI heavy for instance an O-I with the derp, loaded and pointing at you. They are limited.

You don't really need to see T-VIIs in a T14 to get overmatched badly. Good thing the pref MM makes certain this never occurs.



Nunya_000 #16 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 21:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 20656 battles
  • 9,586
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View Postmike_baconggod1, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:34, said:

WoT needs to change low tiers. Almost all of the commonly played tanks have derp guns, which are not good for the new players. I am just trying to play my T14, and I realized there is no point to having low tier heavies. Heck, I want a refund because of how worthless they are. What is the point of armor? To bounce AP, APCR, and HEAT shells. What are the shell types of derp guns? HE. What does HE do? Completely negates armor, does not teach you how to play the game, and allows brain-dead players to be competitive. With 690 HP, my T14 normally does very well against tier 5s, even when they dab the two key. If they aim at my weakspots and penetrate me, good for them. They know how to aim and shoot. But when people play tanks like the M4 Sherman, Pz IV H, even some TDs with derp guns, it does not teach them anything but, "HAHA LOOK AT YOUR PUNY ARMOR WATCH ME SPLASH OVER YOUR 101MM OF TURRET ARMOR FOR 100 DMG EVERY 8 ISH SECONDS!" 

 

Ragepost 10/10

Fix your game WG
Stupid

 

Well...at least you signed your post.

misterwit #17 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 21:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12702 battles
  • 703
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

OH NO, the enemy has chosen a strategy that counters my tank. Better complain that someone has a....*gasp* advantage!

 

If it's not one thing it's another... everyone who can't accept that they need to play better and THINK their way through tough situations always ends up crying for a freebie from wargamming.

"My tank's too weak"

"Stop making light tanks that are good at flanking, my maus doesn't like it"

"Nerf arty I can't drive to an obvious position and sit there with my thumb up my [edited]when they're watching"

"Make me top tier more I hate trying and teamwork is dumb I just wanna press the W key and go to the garage in 2 minutes"

"I paid $50 for a digital matchbox figure and it doesn't automatically give me 60% WR and 120k credits per match"

 

Learn to play the game already or quit. Winning isn't everything, being top tier doesn't make you good, weak tanks make for more satisfying carries when you pull it off. Stop being a damn baby.



Hurk #18 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 21:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 45176 battles
  • 13,890
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View Posttanopasman62, on Jul 18 2017 - 12:46, said:

What makes those tiers cancer is the amount of Luchs, Leopards and T67s running around there.

lets not forget the new favorite seal clubber, the pz38t   http://tanks.gg/tank/pz-38-t

cause 115 pen at tier 3 is capable of killing everything it faces.



RECON_RANGER #19 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 23:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30087 battles
  • 1,201
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
I think theres a good balance at low tiers between Derp, auto-cannons and guns.   Its why I like low tiers far more than tiers 9 and 10 which are a snooze fest.

Hurk #20 Posted Jul 18 2017 - 23:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 45176 battles
  • 13,890
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jul 18 2017 - 15:49, said:

I think theres a good balance at low tiers between Derp, auto-cannons and guns. Its why I like low tiers far more than tiers 9 and 10 which are a snooze fest.

its balanced but the range of results is too wide.

you have the PZ1c and M4 derps that are one shotting/clipping people, then you have "normal tanks" shooting every 2-8 seconds. 

 

if it were up to me, the machine gun tanks would not be able to belt same tier tanks out. 

the derp tanks would have 0 pen so always half damage shots. 

 

these two things would make it so that skill is never instantly shut down except for the relatively rare ammo rack, which no one can really cause intentionally.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users