Jump to content


This May Very Well Fix Your Lag


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #1 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:54

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 51840 battles
  • 2,071
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

I used to experience some horrendous lag that was so bad my tank would respond to keyboard controls with a 3-5 second delay.  Of course, that made the game unplayable.  I contacted W.o.T. Customer Service and they suggested I contact my Internet provide company, (Time-Warner Cable), which I did and the below tips are from them. After following these tips, I really don't get any lag anymore.  If my game starts to seem like lag is kicking in, I follow the below steps and that takes care of it.

 

For those suffering from lag, clear your 1-hour browser history, then turn off your computer for at least 10 seconds. Reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, restart your computer and log back into W.o.T.  This should take care of any lag.  I do this before logging into W.o.T. and rarely have any lag issues anymore. I hope this helps someone out. :)

 



Fulcrous #2 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:02

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28096 battles
  • 4,223
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
9 times out of 10, it had nothing to do with your "solution".

Edited by Fulcrous, Jul 17 2017 - 19:02.


Mudman24 #3 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 35761 battles
  • 11,462
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
How would 1 hour of internet browser cache effect lag?

LesterQuaestor #4 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:11

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9857 battles
  • 1,274
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015

Block Quote

 How would 1 hour of internet browser cache effect lag?

 

 

    I don't believe this could be the solution, but it is possible that some web page has deposited code that is running and continuously updating some Very Important Information (i.e. ads) to your machine.

 

   If you are one of those people who click on every button shown to you, then restarting your machine and clearing cache might help. But more than likely you will need $300 in bitcoins to do any good.

 

 



Devildog8 #5 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 9211 battles
  • 3,202
  • [XILES] XILES
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostMudman24, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:06, said:

How would 1 hour of internet browser cache effect lag?

 

hahaha  well were getting our info from the town drunk it seems 

Kliphie #6 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27306 battles
  • 1,399
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

Every night before I go to bed I turn around 20 times counter clockwise to ensure the sun rises the next day.  So far it's worked every time.  The thing I can't stress enough is it must be COUNTER clockwise.

 

 



Whistling_Death_ #7 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 51840 battles
  • 2,071
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostMudman24, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:06, said:

How would 1 hour of internet browser cache effect lag?

 

I have no idea.

 

All I know is, it works for me and many others I have shared this information with.

 

No more lag.

 

Try it.



Whistling_Death_ #8 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 51840 battles
  • 2,071
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostFulcrous, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:02, said:

9 times out of 10, it had nothing to do with your "solution".

 

Sorry if my post offended you.

Ape_Drape #9 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 19:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36549 battles
  • 1,213
  • [SOT] SOT
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

View PostLesterQuaestor, on Jul 17 2017 - 19:11, said:

 

 

    I don't believe this could be the solution, but it is possible that some web page has deposited code that is running and continuously updating some Very Important Information (i.e. ads) to your machine.

 

   If you are one of those people who click on every button shown to you, then restarting your machine and clearing cache might help. But more than likely you will need $300 in bitcoins to do any good.

 

 

 

What if you watch a lot of porn? Like... old Russian midget granny tentacle porn? A lot. Like constantly.

BurglarOfBanff_ff #10 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:04

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22268 battles
  • 1,067
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
For the first time last night I started getting lag.  Restarted in safe mode (mods off) and had no more lag.

LesterQuaestor #11 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9857 battles
  • 1,274
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015

Block Quote

 What if you watch a lot of porn? Like... old Russian midget granny tentacle porn? A lot. Like constantly.

 

  Obviously you play arty, and lag shouldn't effect you very much...

 



Fulcrous #12 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:07

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28096 battles
  • 4,223
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 17 2017 - 10:16, said:

Sorry if my post offended you.

 

The post isn't offending. It's the lack of proper knowledge despite its accessibility that is offending.

SpitYoYoMafia #13 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 17652 battles
  • 12,386
  • Member since:
    05-25-2012
My ping test clearly shows more than 50% packet loss 2 hops before I reach WGing's server, it's not on my side at all

Sgt_Skalisky #14 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:35

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11035 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014

There are a number of reasons why clearing browser history CAN improve your performance.

 

For many, it won't make any difference at all.

 

Thanks for taking the time to contribute OP!

 

Always nice to visit the forum and read a post that isn't just a different version of the same complaints over and over and over again.   



Mudman24 #15 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 35761 battles
  • 11,462
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View PostSgt_Skalisky, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:35, said:

There are a number of reasons why clearing browser history CAN improve your performance.

 

For many, it won't make any difference at all.

 

Thanks for taking the time to contribute OP!

 

Always nice to visit the forum and read a post that isn't just a different version of the same complaints over and over and over again.   

Could you explain ways in which clearing the last hours cache would improve internet connection issues? I'm curious.



Uilleam72 #16 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:54

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12885 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    03-18-2016

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 17 2017 - 18:54, said:

I used to experience some horrendous lag that was so bad my tank would respond to keyboard controls with a 3-5 second delay.  Of course, that made the game unplayable.  I contacted W.o.T. Customer Service and they suggested I contact my Internet provide company, (Time-Warner Cable), which I did and the below tips are from them. After following these tips, I really don't get any lag anymore.  If my game starts to seem like lag is kicking in, I follow the below steps and that takes care of it.

 

For those suffering from lag, clear your 1-hour browser history, then turn off your computer for at least 10 seconds. Reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, restart your computer and log back into W.o.T.  This should take care of any lag.  I do this before logging into W.o.T. and rarely have any lag issues anymore. I hope this helps someone out. :)

 

 

That's pretty much like calling any tech support place. "Reboot your computer and see if the problem goes away, if not call us back".

8bit_Gamer #17 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13907 battles
  • 651
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Jul 17 2017 - 19:13, said:

My ping test clearly shows more than 50% packet loss 2 hops before I reach WGing's server, it's not on my side at all

 

^This. 

 

Last night was particularly brutal for me.



PickleWater #18 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19821 battles
  • 264
  • [ROGER] ROGER
  • Member since:
    02-06-2013

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:54, said:

I used to experience some horrendous lag that was so bad my tank would respond to keyboard controls with a 3-5 second delay.  Of course, that made the game unplayable.  I contacted W.o.T. Customer Service and they suggested I contact my Internet provide company, (Time-Warner Cable), which I did and the below tips are from them. After following these tips, I really don't get any lag anymore.  If my game starts to seem like lag is kicking in, I follow the below steps and that takes care of it.

 

For those suffering from lag, clear your 1-hour browser history, then turn off your computer for at least 10 seconds. Reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, restart your computer and log back into W.o.T.  This should take care of any lag.  I do this before logging into W.o.T. and rarely have any lag issues anymore. I hope this helps someone out. :)

 

 




PickleWater #19 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:47

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19821 battles
  • 264
  • [ROGER] ROGER
  • Member since:
    02-06-2013
WTH. Didn't mean to quote the OP. Unintuitive forum interface is unintuitive.

Whistling_Death_ #20 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 23:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 51840 battles
  • 2,071
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostFulcrous, on Jul 17 2017 - 14:07, said:

 

The post isn't offending. It's the lack of proper knowledge despite its accessibility that is offending.

 

Again, it works for me and many other tankers I have shared these tips with that are from professionals at Time Warner Cable.

 

If you don't like someone trying to help out others, well I'm sorry about that.  Try to be helpful, or move on please.  Thanks.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users