Does anyone know what happened to the Adams family?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

yereverluvinunclebert #21 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

Another message to the Addams family - I can't contact you. WoT PM system states you can't receive any new messages.

Hello there. Just an update for you. The exp...wot.com site is still unavailable. This time though I have moved 200 miles, changed the IP address, service provider and the o/s. Same error. It seems your site is not available from the UK. That might be the whole of the UK.

That could be quite a serious problem if  a significant proportion of your potential visitors cannot access the site (there's only 60 million of us here...)  I'll keep trying and report access as and when I move around the country.

Edited by yereverluvinunclebert, Aug 07 2017 - 18:02.

_GeorgePreddy #22 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 18:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

One must take with a very large grain of salt the words of "those people" who have failed miserably in their attempts at this game.

One must feel that they are probably quite bitter about their failures and their bitterness drives them to attack players who are successful at the game.

I'm glad the one is gone.  The other one, still on the forum, writes anti-American political drivel that is ridiculously slanted and laughable.  Too bad he hasn't been removed... but, nothing's perfect.

yereverluvinunclebert #23 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 11:53

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

George those florid words sounded just like some wargaming propaganda. You need to be more than careful as you may end up by being tarred by the shill brush. No need for you to comment on this thread unless you are specifically here to toe the company line.

Don't let this thread degenerate please George, not in the usual way.

moogleslam #24 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 14:06

Major

• Players
  • 28318 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
So glad that site got shut down.  They were worse than the people they listed on it, and I'm fairly sure they didn't even realize it.

yereverluvinunclebert #25 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles
Is it shut down? or is it just me? It does not function from the UK.

yereverluvinunclebert #26 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 11:49

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

The exp...wot site now works and is accessible from the UK again. The site was inaccessible from the UK for some weeks probably due to a incorrect config in geo. IP blocking. It is back as it was before, rude, unbelieveable, hilarious and a very enjoyable read. I do wish they were doing more like that.

I believe at least one of the main contributors is no longer playing WoT as much and that may decrease his literary(!) contributions but I for one do hope not. I find their journalistic investigations into WG's shennanigens a much-needed antidote to the ever weirder spoutings you can read here on this forum, (narto, flurb, unter, stroker - take note).

Long may it continue even if you/we don't necessarily agree with all of it. WoT needs more of this sort of counter-culture. Perhaps they might indulge in an exposing-warships.com or some other games from other providers and not just poor WG.

yereverluvinunclebert #27 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

Now it isn't...The very next day, it stopped. It seems they can't keep that site up and accessible! At least not from here.

Definitely cloudflare. Cloudflare comes up with a message where it tries to check the browser, then it delivers a blank screen, all browsers, all devices at this location.

I won't be able to test other locations in the UK for days but I will assume it is the same as before. If I were them I would reduce Cloudflare's functionality for a while and see if they could try another CDN provider. It sounds as if it is generally screwing their site. Cloudflare can be a real pain in the behind.

Striker_70 #28 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

View Postyereverluvinunclebert, on Jul 18 2017 - 14:00, said:

Block Quote

Spreading lies and slander

I don't think they are.

They are stating what they see. They may or may not be right. Slander is only proveable when there is proof that the words spoken are lies. They ensure that there is some proof to back up their insults. They aren't that daft.

From what I remember of that site that guy definitely was slandering people.  He called regulars who had anything good to say about the game paid WG employees.  Then acted like they've never said a bad thing about the game in their life.  He also tried to insult them by making things up about them with the weirdest, most irrational reasoning.  It was amusing, but I kinda felt bad for the guy.  He's very likely suffering from a mental disorder, like paranoid schizophrenia.

If he was also going around doxing people, that just further goes to point to him having a mental disorder.

yereverluvinunclebert #29 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

It is only slander when it can be proven to be untrue. A lot of what I have read there has a strong ring of truth about it. They aren't daft you know.

In addition I don't think it is just a single 'he' it is at least a 'them'. More than one person runs/contributes to the site, there certainly seems to be more than two.

Regardless of whether you think it is all true or not, it is the way they state their 'truths' that really hurts. They are cruel, malicious, rude and foul in the way they express themselves. It is rather fun though and well done and a thoroughly good read.

I think you are mentioned there striker, that must really hurt for you to comment here and try to debunk them, perhaps we ought to go and have a damn good read. Is any of what they said about you true or are you acting as they perceive you to be?

PS. I just read their article about you and there is nothing written there that is untrue. They are stating a belief about you, as in " we have become completely convinced..." &c. That's an opinion.Then they have quoted you a few times and then placed some facts to counter your own words. At least on your own dedicated page there appears to be no untruths.

:teethhappy:

As I said the site is a good read.

As regards a mental disorder - no, he sounds very American in the most republican way possible (loud-mouthed, abusive and with a penchant towards espousing personal liberty, right to speech &c) but mental? no more than anyone else that plays takes this game seriously enough to want to spend money on it. This is all normal human behaviour showing we are all possibly a little mad otherwise why would you be here worrying about it and commenting?

PPS. Their site is back again, cludflare(sic) seems to be causing me access problems whenever I try to add a comment to their site. Oh well.

Edited by yereverluvinunclebert, Aug 20 2017 - 17:45.

Striker_70 #30 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 18:47

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

I really do think that person is daft and suffering from a mental disorder.  From what I saw everyone he doesn't agree with is said to be some sort of nefarious WG employee.  That can be a sign of paranoid schizophrenia.  They're also not using rational logic to make their arguments.  Attempting to dox people, which can get them sued by those who are independently wealthy, isn't a sign of high intellect either.

I didn't pay much attention to what the guy wrote about me, as it's easily disproved.  I do research.  I research games before I play them.  When I was researching this game to see if I wanted to play it, there were several people saying WOT was either dying or dead.  This was way back in 2013.  It almost led me to never install it in the first place.  Yet according to the guy at that website, that isn't even possible. 

In addition, that guy doesn't even realize that the graphs prove what I wrote.  The game's population drops in the summer, yet rises again in the fall/winter months.  It's not only proved in the graphs, it's happened for years. 

I believe he also tried to claim I never criticize the game and therefore am a WG employee (great logic there BTW), but a simple search through my posting history instantly debunks this claim as well.  

Nearly everything that guy writes about the regulars of this forum is amusing because it's so absurd.  No actual research is done, no actual logic used, just the utilization of a wild imagination which likely originates from a mind infected with a paranoid schizophrenia.

yereverluvinunclebert #31 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

No, going a little too far I think, paranoid schizophrenia! ha! - not really.

I see you did read the article though. Entertaining eh?

I see it as cruel but fun, I reckon they are intelligent with more than just a streak of mischief. They have more balls than I do.

Striker_70 #32 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 01:37

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

Paranoid schizophrenia fits that guy's posts and website perfectly.  First check out what he says about our forum regulars.  Nearly all of them who have said positive things about the game are claimed to be various types of nefarious WG employees involved in some grand conspiracy that's set out to combat his perceived reality.

Then check the definition of paranoid schizophrenia:

Paranoid schizophrenia, or schizophrenia with paranoia as doctors now call it, is the most common example of this mental illness.

Schizophrenia is a kind of psychosis, which means your mind doesn't agree with reality. It affects how you think and behave. This can show up in different ways and at different times, even in the same person. The illness usually starts in late adolescence or young adulthood.

People with paranoid delusions are unreasonably suspicious of others. This can make it hard for them to hold a job, run errands, have friendships, and even go to the doctor.

Although it's a lifelong illness, you can take medicines and find help to stop symptoms or make them easier to live with.

Paranoid Symptoms

Delusions are beliefs that seem real to you, even when there's strong evidence they aren't. Paranoid delusions, also called delusions of persecution, are rooted in fear and anxiety. They might make you feel like:

• A co-worker is trying to hurt you, like poison your food.
  • Your spouse or partner is cheating on you.
  • The government is spying on you.
  • People in your neighborhood are plotting to harass you.

http://www.webmd.com...enia-paranoia#1

Sound familiar?  The guy never even conducted a shred of rational, scientific research before he started making wild claims about me or many other regulars on this forum.  Instead, everyone who disagrees with him is automatically said to be some nefarious WG employee out to get him.  The guy is obviously not rational, needs help, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's currently on medication to combat his symptoms.

yereverluvinunclebert #33 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 10:12

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

No, that's not my point. My point is, for YOU to judge him (and as I said earlier it isn't just a HIM but a THEM) as paranoid schizo.  is a giant leap too far. You are simply NOT a doctor and unqualified to make that assumption. I laughed when you originally made that great leap into the unknown.

In fact, your opinion on them is much less valid than their opinion of you. Theirs having some fact (your quotes), you having nothing but a vested interest in the argument and access to the internet for a medical definition of something you think applies... Possibly best for you not to comment further as it only serves to help their side of the argument. Chaps like you and Narto might do best finding other ways of expressing themselves. Possibly setting up an equivalent site to exp...wot where you can express your views.

Striker_70 #34 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

No the guy is demonstrating the exact symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia.  That's why I said he likely is suffering from it and wouldn't be surprised if he's being medicated right now.

I see no facts written there about me by that guy either, only baseless opinions that I just debunked here yesterday.

Think about it.  If this guy was so confident in what he wrote, then he would just respond to what everyone writes on this forum.  But he doesn't do that, does he?

Instead, He cowers in a safe space of his own creation...where he knows his comments cannot be challenged by the facts because he controls the forum. 

I don't need my own website safe space to express my ideas, I express them here where they can be challenged by anyone.  That guy does need one, obviously. 

He not only acts like a paranoid schizophrenic, but a coward as well.  His delusional opinions fueled by paranoia would never hold up in a free market of ideas like this.  That's why he's forced to resort to cowering in his website safe space....where his precious snowflake opinions can never be challenged.

yereverluvinunclebert #35 Posted Aug 22 2017 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

Well, you've done a marginally (only marginally) less good a job at destroying their reputation than he has yours - but you've tried hard and done your bit. I suggest they won't lose much sleep at your comments, they seem a tough thick-skinned bunch.

Re: Their site. Their opinion will be heard a lot more than yours given that they have their own site in which to spout their own unique form of bile. Your voice is a little one amongst all the other forum noise here, this thread only receives a few views and repeating yourself on the forum only dilutes the message rather than reinforcing it. Focus fire and win...

PS. You still seem to be saying 'he' when I say 'them'. Do you really still believe it is all the work of one man? I've been in contact with at least two who both deny ownership and had my technical queries resolved by a third.

Striker_70 #36 Posted Aug 22 2017 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

I think you're wildly overestimating the number of people who trust that guy and his website.  Their reputation for accuracy and honorable conduct was shattered long ago in the eyes of most regulars here.  There are entire threads at WOT labs regarding how untrustworthy and nefarious the operator(s) of that website is.  Nobody who is informed, or matters, even believes it.  They're wasting their time.

yereverluvinunclebert #37 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

Hmmm No. You can only speak for yourself. I love how you like to put thoughts, words and opinions into the minds whole groups of people that aren't actually you.

You have opinions on these matters and that's all. Speak for yourself - don't speak for them.

Striker_70 #38 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 20:57

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

Don't take my word for it, see for yourself:

http://forum.wotlabs...world-of-tanks/

^ As it can so easily be seen, that guy's website is widely-regarded as a joke.

yereverluvinunclebert #39 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

View PostStriker_70, on Aug 22 2017 - 22:40, said:

Nobody who is informed, or matters, even believes it.  They're wasting their time.

There is a leap into opinion...

Old_Noobette #40 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 05:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10831 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Jul 18 2017 - 12:23, said:

I found their granddaughter  http://i.imgur.com/lj4uPcf.jpg  :great:

That's one of the Kardashian girls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users