Dear Wargaming, is there a way

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

themusgrat #1 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28793 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

to have anyone on staff read or reply to this forum?

If you go to the forums, there is a sidebar on the right with staff posts, and if you look at it, it is either staff posting announcements, or it is the Chieftan talking about cool stuff pretty much outside the game.

Is there any hope that the NA server will ever have a voice that is heard in Russia, ever again? You know, the place where everything is decided?

The NA community is obviously dwindling, as this game dies in NA, but it is partly because we feel we have no voice. If you could once again give us a dev that was in contact with the devs in Russia, we would at least feel like our feeback/suggestions (what this subforum is named) weren't the type where you go "if I give feedback to nobody, did I give feedback?"

I don't expect anyone from Wargaming to reply, because you don't really read this part of the forums. In fact, I doubt you read anything other than the reports. But if ever you do, please know, that there are ways, easy ways, to re-establish some form of communication with the NA server at large. I realize I'm a bit out of the loop, but as someone who was here in beta (and remembers overlord's interactions with us fondly), and was definitely in the loop for many years in clan wars, you have lost touch with the NA server. I, for whatever reason, still play this game from time to time, I guess because it's a good game, at its core. We can fix this together, and a slow migration back to WOT is entirely possible. But you have to start listening to us, and show that you care.

If you do care, please reply. I'd love to outline in just a few words (paragraphs) how you can make more money, and have more players. Thanks.

Edited by themusgrat, Jul 19 2017 - 00:40.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #2 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View Postthemusgrat, on Jul 19 2017 - 00:38, said:

to have anyone on staff read or reply to this forum?

If you go to the forums, there is a sidebar on the right with staff posts, and if you look at it, it is either staff posting announcements, or it is the Chieftan talking about cool stuff pretty much outside the game.

Is there any hope that the NA server will ever have a voice that is heard in Russia, ever again? You know, the place where everything is decided?

The NA community is obviously dwindling, as this game dies in NA, but it is partly because we feel we have no voice. If you could once again give us a dev that was in contact with the devs in Russia, we would at least feel like our feeback/suggestions (what this subforum is named) weren't the type where you go "if I give feedback to nobody, did I give feedback?"

I don't expect anyone from Wargaming to reply, because you don't really read this part of the forums. In fact, I doubt you read anything other than the reports. But if ever you do, please know, that there are ways, easy ways, to re-establish some form of communication with the NA server at large. I realize I'm a bit out of the loop, but as someone who was here in beta (and remembers overlord's interactions with us fondly), and was definitely in the loop for many years in clan wars, you have lost touch with the NA server. I, for whatever reason, still play this game from time to time, I guess because it's a good game, at its core. We can fix this together, and a slow migration back to WOT is entirely possible. But you have to start listening to us, and show that you care.

If you do care, please reply. I'd love to outline in just a few words (paragraphs) how you can make more money, and have more players. Thanks.

So far it seems like we all talking to a dead Moose here on this Forum.Smile_sceptic.gif

I am almost certain to get one of the wargaming moderator to actually look at a thread; # 1 you have to plaster it with insults that subsequently means reprisals or # 2 that hell has actually to freeze over!

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Jul 19 2017 - 00:58.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:49

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

I feel that we as a community have a misguided sense of importance. WG listens to players, but they can't cater to the minority if say RU feels one way and NA feels another in regards to say balance. 

A lot of people on NA aren't used to having dev teams who don't really speak your language and you're part of a foreign server. 

I'm not saying that they can't improve things. But I think people need to accept this as a reality that will always exist. NA is a minority and the game is global and a unified version globally (save for the China server), so if we're the dissenting opinion we aren't going to be listened to as we are used to. 

Black_Paw #4 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30937 battles
Just via PayPal (RU Wargaming) $10,000,000.. You'll probably get a good reply then

themusgrat #5 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28793 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View PostKamahl1234, on Jul 18 2017 - 17:49, said:

I feel that we as a community have a misguided sense of importance. WG listens to players, but they can't cater to the minority if say RU feels one way and NA feels another in regards to say balance. 

A lot of people on NA aren't used to having dev teams who don't really speak your language and you're part of a foreign server. 

I'm not saying that they can't improve things. But I think people need to accept this as a reality that will always exist. NA is a minority and the game is global and a unified version globally (save for the China server), so if we're the dissenting opinion we aren't going to be listened to as we are used to. 

Does wargaming really listen to NA though? It used to be that threads here were regularly replied to, and we had ongoing discussions. I understand if that's not needed, but the playerbase is dying. If WG doesn't mind the end of the NA server, that's fine, but it used to represent a huge chunk of their income. There are just a few ways that they could get many of the old players interested again.

Our opinion isn't really even dissenting. They just ruined competitive play. There are very minimal effort ways, essentially redoing what they have done in the past, of setting up competitive play on NA for success. The problem with competitive play in this game is that it wasn't broken, and they fixed it. At least with clan wars. With tournaments, they just simply nerfed them, and with clan tournaments, there were better ways to do it. You just ask people what will motivate them to play these game modes, they tell you, you see if it will negatively affect either the game or your income, and you make a decision. If you make the right decision, people playing are happy and don't leave the game, and new players are just a bonus.

The problem for a long time has been that there is a disconnect in this process. The disconnect is at the very beginning, where they never really ask, or do what they need to, for NA to thrive.

Edited by themusgrat, Jul 19 2017 - 00:55.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #6 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 00:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Jul 19 2017 - 00:49, said:

WG listens to players..... Did I miss something here, when that miracle occur???

_GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Because the billionaire CEO of a billion dollar corporation needs you to tell him how to make money.

Kamahl1234 #8 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

View Postthemusgrat, on Jul 18 2017 - 23:54, said:

Does wargaming really listen to NA though? It used to be that threads here were regularly replied to, and we had ongoing discussions. I understand if that's not needed, but the playerbase is dying. If WG doesn't mind the end of the NA server, that's fine, but it used to represent a huge chunk of their income. There are just a few ways that they could get many of the old players interested again.

Our opinion isn't really even dissenting. They just ruined competitive play. There are very minimal effort ways, essentially redoing what they have done in the past, of setting up competitive play on NA for success. The problem with competitive play in this game is that it wasn't broken, and they fixed it. At least with clan wars. With tournaments, they just simply nerfed them, and with clan tournaments, there were better ways to do it. You just ask people what will motivate them to play these game modes, they tell you, you see if it will negatively affect either the game or your income, and you make a decision. If you make the right decision, people playing are happy and don't leave the game, and new players are just a bonus.

The problem for a long time has been that there is a disconnect in this process. The disconnect is at the very beginning, where they never really ask, or do what they need to, for NA to thrive.

Part of what I feel is that many mods might not wish to reply on threads that don't propose anything that hasn't been before, or is asked frequently. I was never personally sold that NA contributed enormously compared to other servers, as while we did and do spend more per player than other servers, we never had a high population to offset any other server. 

Based on what I've observed on the outside of much of competitive, I feel part of the dissent on what WG's done with it is more not liking change or their established cashcows (one of the more popular complaints I've heard was about payouts). Tournaments are WGNA specific and not something needed to relay to the devs. NA (all servers for that matter) are autonomous in this outside of League play. 

That said, I don't think asking is fully necessary all the time. I frequent the forums daily, so it's pretty easy to see the vocal opinion on various things almost at a glance sometimes. It wouldn't be hard to extrapolate this into the majority public opinion. For example, I don't really think the cancellation of rubicon was the result of WG making a thread and asking for player opinion, and basing our opinions of it off of that one sole thread. 

View Post_Schneller_Heinz_, on Jul 18 2017 - 23:57, said:

WG listens to players..... Did I miss something here, when that miracle occur???

Well rubicon never happened, if you want a recent major patch that WG was steaming for which players stopped. 

Edited by Kamahl1234, Jul 19 2017 - 01:05.

themusgrat #9 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:07

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28793 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Jul 18 2017 - 18:04, said:

Because the billionaire CEO of a billion dollar corporation needs you to tell him how to make money.

Upvoted for an alternate point of view!

_Schneller_Heinz_ #10 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Jul 19 2017 - 01:04, said:

The green goblin is backSmile_trollface-3.gif

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Jul 19 2017 - 01:09.

Nudnick #11 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 21204 battles
For the NA server to have a voice, someone in NA needs to invent an American game that we can migrate to. Other games have tried and failed, hopefully someone will succeed. The NA server is just a tiny, shrinking part of the WOT population, so why should they listen to us. I think they've given up on trying to expand in NA, and we'll probably be on the EU server at some point, if we're still playing that is.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #12 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30415 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

:trollface:

"EU Matchmaker? You mean North American population!"

themusgrat #13 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28793 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View PostAl_Capones_Gang, on Jul 18 2017 - 18:17, said:

:trollface:

"EU Matchmaker? You mean North American population!"

Right, obviously that argument has some merit. Again, upvote for your opinion!

The point is, they could probably do less work than they are now, and have much more players playing the game. So many aspects have improved for new players, it's all about retaining players. And yes, if you've played the game, they obviously don't know how to retain players.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #14 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30415 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View Postthemusgrat, on Jul 18 2017 - 17:22, said:

Right, obviously that argument has some merit. Again, upvote for your opinion!

The point is, they could probably do less work than they are now, and have much more players playing the game. So many aspects have improved for new players, it's all about retaining players. And yes, if you've played the game, they obviously don't know how to retain players.

I'll just leave this here 

https://thedailyboun...inst-wargaming/

Spoiler

Edited by Al_Capones_Gang, Jul 19 2017 - 01:34.

Insurrectional_Leftist #15 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:35

Major

• Players
  • 45063 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Jul 19 2017 - 00:04, said:

Can you show me those financial records, since they have not published a single financial report since 2013 ?  Can I see the official financials pls? It sounds like you have them in front of you now, what do the figures say? Tell us. 

Hellsfog #16 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:04

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U
The NA server population is like DOS. Just when you thought it was dead, it comes back and then dies and comes back. 

themusgrat #17 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:28

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28793 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 18 2017 - 19:04, said:

The NA server population is like DOS. Just when you thought it was dead, it comes back and then dies and comes back. 

Upvote for an interesting comment! Well done!

Lol: from a grunt in relic 2 no kidding. Of course, what do I know? I bet relic2 is doing better than relic these days.

Edited by themusgrat, Jul 19 2017 - 02:38.

Mudman24 #18 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 36183 battles
Good post! (NA goodpost go in Soviet trash bin)

themusgrat #19 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:46

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28793 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

I invite all of you poor souls who frequent this trash bin (reference not mine) to comment here! 

Do you think Wargaming is responding to your feedback or suggestions...... at all? 

HOTA_CHATON #20 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 12204 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View Postthemusgrat, on Jul 18 2017 - 17:54, said:

No, they don't listen as this the most causticly, hazardous, and vile server they have.  Why should they listen to this trash?  And yes, I am a big boy and recognize that I have contributed to that, in the past.  Are you big enough to acknowledge your part?  Maybe, just maybe, if we work hard at turning things around, between ourselves and quit all this junk we are so accustomed to, just maybe we might get some respect and finally heard.  What do you think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users