Jump to content


Update on Continuing Problems with Contact and Clan Lists


  • Please log in to reply
647 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:15

    Associate Producer

  • Administrator
  • 8633 battles
  • 691
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

Hello Tankers,

 

First off, we want to apologize for how long this issue has persisted. The team is working on this issue daily and it's very a high priority for us. We haven't done a good job communicating what we are doing to resolve this problem as fast as possible. Chatting and platooning (and blacklisting) are important parts of World of Tanks and we hear you when you say you are frustrated. We will consider compensation for all players after we have finally resolved the issue.

 

We have released several patches to fix the issue and this solved the problems for some players, but not all. It's been a particularly wily issue for us to diagnose. We have started resetting the chat server daily in order to stop the server from failing the following day as we have seen happen repeatedly after each "fix." This temporary solution should help alleviate problems that occur 24 or more hours after chat server connection is restored and lost. 

 

Please continue to let us know if you are still having problems in this thread with as much information about your computer setup as you can provide. There are many posts on this topic and we are going through every thread to gather as much information on the problem as possible. 

 

Please be patient while we work to resolve this critical Contact and Clan List problem. We will work harder to keep you up to date on the latest status of this issue but all of us hope to resolve it once and for all as soon as possible. 

 

~WGNA

 

Here a temporary work around for Platooning while we fix the problem:

Spoiler

 



cloudwalkr #2 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 51634 battles
  • 3,641
  • [FUSON] FUSON
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

I am on a Quad core I7 3GHZ with 32gRAM and running 970gpu.  My chat did come back up yesterday but haven't logged on today so am unsure about today.

 

Do WG plan to compensate players for the frustration of not being able to play with friends they've had for years in some cases?  I know I've completely lost touch with several people I regularly ran with due to this issue.

 

Lastely, thank you for finally updating us and speaking about this.



Maltfourti #3 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38190 battles
  • 1,421
  • [-M1-] -M1-
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

Thanks for addressing it at least.

 



spacecubicnub #4 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 01:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 20276 battles
  • 573
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

Thanks for the communication....

My contact list is good and chat is working although I think I have lost a lot of old correspondence and sometimes it seems to hold only messages for 24 hours and the next day the chat with a specific person is gone.

Clan tags are still messed up for me, some contact show old clan names rather than current clan names.

 



SnowPanzer #5 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 39838 battles
  • 2,436
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011

Mine has not worked since this started.

 

Windows 8.1

i5 3210m 2.5GHz

8GB Ram

64bit

Laptop

 

No Mods and reinstalled 4 days ago

 

 


Edited by Bayrisch, Jul 19 2017 - 07:23.


Xenuex #6 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 36344 battles
  • 4,946
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012
Yall should list your mods too. See if there is any correlation. 

robbarker #7 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:21

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10066 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013
No problem, Quemapueblos...honestly, it's what we have come to expect from WG.  I appreciate your post, and by no means want to 'kill the messenger'; just want to iterate that WG has consistently failed the community, both in listening and informing....so nothing new for us.

Raum_The_Smurf #8 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:23

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 19600 battles
  • 74
  • [W-R] W-R
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

i think their wallets are finally hurting enough so that they are finally taking some sort of step to address this


Edited by Raum_The_Smurf, Jul 19 2017 - 02:31.


BananaCannon #9 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21697 battles
  • 127
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

My chat is finally working again as of Monday after the server restart. It had been partially fixed twice before but only lasted until I switched servers or relogged. It seems to be persisting now so it's fixed for me. Some users are still reporting incorrect clan tags next to some players in their lists, although it tended to show for some users and not others so I think this information is locally cached on the users' systems after previous fix attempts allowed them to download incorrect data. It should eventually fix itself as long as they wait a while or simply clear their local contact cache in the game folder to force a redownload.

 

EDIT: NOPE. It broke this morning 7/19, back to not even being able to send detachment invites. I'm really sick of having to try to walk people through opening a chat channel via a third party service just to make a platoon.


Edited by BananaCannon, Jul 19 2017 - 17:49.


Raum_The_Smurf #10 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:46

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 19600 battles
  • 74
  • [W-R] W-R
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostBananaCannon, on Jul 18 2017 - 20:37, said:

My chat is finally working again as of Monday after the server restart. It had been partially fixed twice before but only lasted until I switched servers or relogged. It seems to be persisting now so it's fixed for me. Some users are still reporting incorrect clan tags next to some players in their lists, although it tended to show for some users and not others so I think this information is locally cached on the users' systems after previous fix attempts allowed them to download incorrect data. It should eventually fix itself as long as they wait a while or simply clear their local contact cache in the game folder to force a redownload.

 

its not locally cached; i deleted all the app data and the tags were still wrong even after


Edited by Raum_The_Smurf, Jul 19 2017 - 02:46.


HOTA_CHATON #11 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 02:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 12166 battles
  • 12,520
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostQuemapueblos, on Jul 18 2017 - 18:15, said:

Hello Tankers,

 

First off, we want to apologize for how long this issue has persisted. The team is working on this issue daily and it's very a high priority for us. We haven't done a good job communicating what we are doing to resolve this problem as fast as possible. Chatting and platooning (and blacklisting) are important parts of World of Tanks and we hear you when you say you are frustrated. We will consider compensation for all players after we have finally resolved the issue.

 

We have released several patches to fix the issue and this solved the problems for some players, but not all. It's been a particularly wily issue for us to diagnose. We have started resetting the chat server daily in order to stop the server from failing the following day as we have seen happen repeatedly after each "fix." This temporary solution should help alleviate problems that occur 24 or more hours after chat server connection is restored and lost. 

 

Please continue to let us know if you are still having problems in this thread with as much information about your computer setup as you can provide. There are many posts on this topic and we are going through every thread to gather as much information on the problem as possible. 

 

Please be patient while we work to resolve this critical Contact and Clan List problem. We will work harder to keep you up to date on the latest status of this issue but all of us hope to resolve it once and for all as soon as possible. 

 

~WGNA

 

Thanks, mine works just fine now.

Shortcult #12 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 03:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 30630 battles
  • 4,028
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012
Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was the beginning of commonplace communication from on high?

Sgt_Skalisky #13 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 03:49

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11303 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014
Working. Right now. Last few days too.

Brick94 #14 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 03:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38521 battles
  • 1,537
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013
WG is to stupid to fix any problems.  Contact list broken for months, servers screwed for months, and all they do is say we are working on it.  what a load of crap, they don't care, just keep sending them money before they kill this game.

Hans_von_Twitchy #15 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 04:03

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 39003 battles
  • 894
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-
  • Member since:
    04-12-2014

View PostQuemapueblos, on Jul 19 2017 - 01:15, said:

Hello Tankers,

 

First off, we want to apologize for how long this issue has persisted. The team is working on this issue daily and it's very a high priority for us. We haven't done a good job communicating what we are doing to resolve this problem as fast as possible. Chatting and platooning (and blacklisting) are important parts of World of Tanks and we hear you when you say you are frustrated. We will consider compensation for all players after we have finally resolved the issue.

 

After the Rubicon Fukup, WG admitted that it had not communicated as well as it should have, and it promised us that it had learned to communicate better.

 

After the FochGate Fukup, WG admitted that it had not communicated as well as it should have, and it promised us that it had learned to communicate better.

 

Now that we are nearing the end of the Contact List Fukup, WG has admitted that it had not communicated as well as it should have, and any day now I expect to read a promise that it has learned to communicate better.

 

I can barely restrain my apathy.



WileyCat #16 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 04:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28378 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012
windows 10 i5 3470 gtx 1080 16gb of gskill sniper ram and hhd 6mbps on the network

IndygoEEI #17 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 06:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 48270 battles
  • 4,876
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jul 18 2017 - 19:30, said:

I am on a Quad core I7 3GHZ with 32gRAM and running 970gpu.  My chat did come back up yesterday but haven't logged on today so am unsure about today.

 

Do WG plan to compensate players for the frustration of not being able to play with friends they've had for years in some cases?  I know I've completely lost touch with several people I regularly ran with due to this issue.

 

Lastely, thank you for finally updating us and speaking about this.

 

I'm pretty sure at this point they will give us compensation.  It's just a matter of how much is

going to given out when the issue is finally fixed 100%.   Besides compensating us now would

be a smack in the face to those who are still having issues.  If it goes on long enough, I want

a free tank.  Granted, not a T8 or even a tie 5, but maybe a tank that hasn't been released

that will be made available to us like the Ki-NI Ostu, M1921 or some other T2\3 that hasn't been

released to public.

 

Just don't give out PZ2Js or the US tank with dual cannons.  You'll kill Tier 3 with those tanks.



__Ice #18 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 07:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20598 battles
  • 389
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

Clans do not show up correctly for me.

How does PC specs matter when we just connect to a server?

 

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M GDDR5 4GB

32GB DDR3L @ 1600MHz

i7 4700MQ 4th gen 

Intel HM87 chipset

TOSHIBA THNSNH128GMCT in raid 0

Windows 8.1

60 Mbps

 



scyorkie #19 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 13:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 66261 battles
  • 3,066
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

The daily chat server reset didn't help today. My contact list is dead (it was sorta working after 9.19.1 went live).

 

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit

16 GB RAM

GTX 970

i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz



Havmor #20 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 13:17

    Private

  • Players
  • 18777 battles
  • 4
  • [PHX2] PHX2
  • Member since:
    12-29-2013

My contacts list was up for a few days and as of this mornings reset it is once again offline.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users