THE NEW MM MAKES ARTY INCREASINGLY BROKEN

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GORP #1 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 12:02

Private

• Players
  • 20399 battles

some people hate arty , i my self like it and appreciate that it makes most players play smarter rather than the frantic rushes that we see when there is no arty .

that said , since this newest update , i am seeing more matches where one side has MORE arty than the other , OR matches where ONLY one side has arty , and its making an already power resource into a game breaker as one side get carpeted with shells , or one side has no arty cover at all and is on the receiving end of the barrages . this is made even worse if MM has stacked ONE side with better arty than the other with better accuracy or faster load times .....................

it seems like EVERY update they claim MM is fixed or improved , but it seems like teams still get randomly picked with no real guiding principal . this latest glitch in MM is taking away a lot of the fun for me , so if mm keeps stacking the arty in favor of one team , i cant see keeping playing . i know I'm just a casual player so i dont spend a TON here , but problems like this hit casuals like me harder because we dont sit here every minute of the day like the hard core players do living the game .

i hope they manage to fix this , but it seems like they CLAIM they fixed MM every update , and it always seems a little worse than before .

Perma_Chatbanned_Hacker #2 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 12:12

Major

• Players
  • 15314 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

OF anything you could've used for your first post, this is it.

And you're saying decent players practically have no lives just because they're good at a game? Please don't ever come back to the forums.

Edited by Perma_Chatbanned_Hacker, Jul 23 2017 - 12:38.

Fbomb #3 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 14:38

Captain

• Players
  • 21617 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
In tiers 5-10, which I play, the only thing that DOES seem consistent is the even distribution of artys and lights. (Having said that, had a tier 7 match on (that castle map with the big field on the west side) where THEY had 3-lights, we had NONE. We lost...run over from field

84Doc04 #4 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16538 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostGORP, on Jul 23 2017 - 06:02, said:

some people hate arty , i my self like it and appreciate that it makes most players play smarter rather than the frantic rushes that we see when there is no arty .

that said , since this newest update , i am seeing more matches where one side has MORE arty than the other , OR matches where ONLY one side has arty , and its making an already power resource into a game breaker as one side get carpeted with shells , or one side has no arty cover at all and is on the receiving end of the barrages . this is made even worse if MM has stacked ONE side with better arty than the other with better accuracy or faster load times .....................

it seems like EVERY update they claim MM is fixed or improved , but it seems like teams still get randomly picked with no real guiding principal . this latest glitch in MM is taking away a lot of the fun for me , so if mm keeps stacking the arty in favor of one team , i cant see keeping playing . i know I'm just a casual player so i dont spend a TON here , but problems like this hit casuals like me harder because we dont sit here every minute of the day like the hard core players do living the game .

i hope they manage to fix this , but it seems like they CLAIM they fixed MM every update , and it always seems a little worse than before .

Your profile indicates you are a bot.  You played 1265 battles yesterday. and that's all you did for the last 60 days. You might have better luck in the game if you actually drove a tank, instead of running a bot program and somehow expecting it to do more than 280 damage per game.  Don't even get started as a Forum Troll.  We have our quota already.

Tedster_ #5 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 39351 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Post84Doc04, on Jul 23 2017 - 08:48, said:

Your profile indicates you are a bot.  You played 1265 battles yesterday. and that's all you did for the last 60 days. You might have better luck in the game if you actually drove a tank, instead of running a bot program and somehow expecting it to do more than 280 damage per game.  Don't even get started as a Forum Troll.  We have our quota already.

or nobody ever cared to look him up on wotlabs before, leading to the fact that it puts all 1200 battles into the "yesterday" column

__Worm__ #6 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 15:05

Major

• Players
  • 28622 battles
  • [WANKO] WANKO

View Post84Doc04, on Jul 23 2017 - 06:48, said:

You played 1265 battles yesterday.

Wow...

Silvers_ #7 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 15:46

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

LOL what are you talking about? I prefer to have no arty on my team. if I have nothing but normal tanks and the enemy team has 1-2 arty then guess what that's an advantage for MY team not theirs. it's really 1-2 less tanks that they have. Means I have an advantage in a tank class somewhere.

and MM has been fixed several times. Maybe do a little reading on how it works before posting nonsense.

xrays_ #8 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Post84Doc04, on Jul 23 2017 - 08:48, said:

Your profile indicates you are a bot.  You played 1265 battles yesterday. and that's all you did for the last 60 days.

Well, he wins more games than you do, so...?

And when will people learn that WotLabs doesn't properly calculate recent battle counts if a player doesn't check his/her stats regularly? The OP's 60-day battle counts are lower than yours, so what can we glean from those raw numbers alone based on your own statement?

x.

Shortcult #9 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 16:22

Major

• Players
  • 30245 battles

View PostPerma_Chatbanned_Hacker, on Jul 23 2017 - 03:12, said:

OF anything you could've used for your first post, this is it.

And you're saying decent players practically have no lives just because they're good at a game? Please don't ever come back to the forums.

...if only....

GORP #10 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 17:29

Private

• Players
  • 20399 battles

View PostPerma_Chatbanned_Hacker, on Jul 23 2017 - 11:12, said:

And you're saying decent players practically have no lives just because they're good at a game?

no , if you reread my post , you will notice i said "hard core players" because THEY spend enough time here to know every tank in and about , all the ranges , all the weaknesses , etc ............

i am a casual player , so despite being here for 6 years , i only own the tanks i really want based on my real world preferences , hence having all three tiger I's despite the 2 premium ones being less effective than the standard version . i only have 1 tierX because its the only one of the ones available that i like despite having enough coin to buy 2 MORE and fully load them out with gear at this moment . in 6 years i only have 19K games compared to others that have that many or more in less than half the time . i can go a couple weeks without playing at all ........................ i am a casual player ..........................

GORP #11 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 17:37

Private

• Players
  • 20399 battles

View Post84Doc04, on Jul 23 2017 - 13:48, said:

so if i am a bot , why would i even come "bot" play since by your own accusation i for some reason played 7% of my total games JUST yesterday , with my LIMITED tank garage , and using your "logic" i only come and "bot" a little over 2 days a year ? what would be my motivation to suddenly , after only 15 days of playing the game IN SIX YEARS ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!? ......why would i suddenly make a FIRST forum post in over 6 YEARS if i didnt really see it as a problem ? as for my damage , i do a lot of scouting play , so its not MY job to do lots of damage , its my role to SCOUT , as my scout and recon awards indicate ................. or didnt you actually look up my account beyond just a skewed app ? 

black_colt #12 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 23:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostGORP, on Jul 23 2017 - 03:02, said:

The Matchmaker must try and produce the individual teams from THE VEHICLES AVAILABLE POOL [VAP] at that given time.  If you have a very small number of a particular vehicle class available then the MatchMaker falls to the secondary, then tertiary template so that players do not wait too long in the queue.

Suppose there is a mission for lights - during that time I would expect that the vehicle available pool would consist largely of lights - that is going to make it hard for the MatchMaker to complete the first template so to keep the queue time down it falls to the secondary and if that cannot be met then the tertiary template.  

The VAPl dictates what template is used the MatchMaker only tries to complete a certain template - if there are not enough parts [number of a particular vehicle in the VAP] to complete the template how is that the fault of the MatchMaker?  And who determines the vehicles available pool at any given time - the individuals who have logged-in and hit the [Battle] button.

IMHO this is the best balance - for me there is nothing worse than waiting minutes and minutes just to get into a battle just because the MatchMaker could not fill a RIGID template.

Would you rather have a reasonable time in queue while the MatchMaker tries to balance the teams using several templates - OR - would you want to wait until the MM was able to fill a rigid template and not try another template even if it means several minutes [remember you would also be forcing all the individuals in the VAP to wait as well]?

For me, while it will result in some hair-raising games, I want the wait in queue to be reasonable [my definition of a reasonable queue is no more than 90 secs during low player pool times and no more than 30 secs during high player pool time] even if that means I will not get good MatchMaking in a particular game. Because there will be times that I get excellent MatchMaking.

Because if I am not in a game I do not have the opportunity to earn credits and experience as well as get better at the game nor do I expect to have excellent/perfect MatchMaking every battle.

Edited by black_colt, Jul 24 2017 - 00:04.

xrays_ #13 Posted Jul 24 2017 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 23 2017 - 17:50, said:

The Matchmaker must try and produce the individual teams from THE VEHICLES AVAILABLE POOL [VAP] at that given time.

The VAPl dictates what template is used the MatchMaker only tries to complete a certain template

if there are not enough parts [number of a particular vehicle in the VAP] to complete the template how is that the fault of the MatchMaker?

[remember you would also be forcing all the individuals in the VAP to wait as well]?

We get it, you VAP!

x.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users