40 replies to this topic

Pipinghot #21 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postdriesp, on Jul 25 2017 - 06:57, said:

View PostHolo_, on Jul 25 2017 - 19:47, said:

People have been saying the game is dead and dying for years.  It's like a puppy myan profecy

Scroll down to the "number of players per week graph" to see how "healthy" the NA server population is...

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

What you obviously don't understand is that WoT does not need the NA server, they could shut it down tomorrow and the game would still be doing fine around the globe. The gaming world is not what it used to be, NA servers are simply not that important to a lot of games anymore.

Swoony #22 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:07

Captain

• Players
  • 20870 battles

View Postthatonetroll1, on Jul 25 2017 - 06:45, said:

Dearest wargaming.

Why arent you paying attention? Why are you ignoring what is happening? Don't know what I am talking about? I'm talking about how your game is DYING. Your Relic players are leaving, you ruined artillery, you're pumping out OP and unfair premium tanks, you destroyed the light tanks, and basically every other class as well, making their roles in battle meaningless. Sounds familiar? Yeah because this is exactly how WoT blitz failed. I'm not even going to start to mention how your "Anti hack" system is full of sh*t, in fact, one of my friends has been using aimbots ever since the policy came out and nothing happened to him, he also has Tundra, white dead tanks, high accuracy critical hitzones, and a whole host of other "illegal" mods. Your policy system is basically scareware. It scares people into thinking that doing something will have negative consequences so they don't do it. But I bet you if anybody who reads this downloads an aimbot, nothing will happen. So long as they block the scripting file.. for extra protection. Slowly people will start leaving, then telling others about how bad this game is, and how their greedy developers and company only want your money, and don't care about fixing the cheating that goes on. You're gonna die wargaming; other companies have at least realized that you can't milk a game for over 3 years just for the money, and that's where you will fall. At this point WarGaming, its either listen to your players, fix the game, or die in your greedy failure.

I've been reading this crap for years now... patch after patch. Don't you kids get tired of whining? Go play something else!

Guardian00 #23 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 45724 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View PostHolo_, on Jul 25 2017 - 12:47, said:

People have been saying the game is dead and dying for years.  It's like a pubby myan profecy.

This game is dying quicker partner the numbers don't lie, the number of players is decreasing month by month.  When I first started it was 30K strong on NA servers, you don't even come close except a X5 weekend and even then it doesn't equal it anymore.  The game will never truly die in the sense, but it won't garner the support and players it had with all these cosmetic changes that are doing it to enhance players to play, why do you think they are advertising more and more on social media outlets if it's doing so good.  Word of mouth is spreading quicker.  Hell they're even advertising on T.V. now, saw a commercial for it the other day.  Last gasps at getting people to play.

Guardian00 #24 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 45724 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View PostSwoony, on Jul 25 2017 - 15:07, said:

I've been reading this crap for years now... patch after patch. Don't you kids get tired of whining? Go play something else!

Maybe you should try and help make it better other then troll around, with the time and money that I've put into this game and it is a good game but could be better but for people like  you who troll others trying to make it good again.  Troll away little boy.

Nunya_000 #25 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 20690 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostSpirit_00, on Jul 25 2017 - 06:42, said:

This game is dying quicker partner the numbers don't lie, the number of players is decreasing month by month.  When I first started it was 30K strong on NA servers, you don't even come close except a X5 weekend and even then it doesn't equal it anymore.  The game will never truly die in the sense, but it won't garner the support and players it had with all these cosmetic changes that are doing it to enhance players to play, why do you think they are advertising more and more on social media outlets if it's doing so good.  Word of mouth is spreading quicker.  Hell they're even advertising on T.V. now, saw a commercial for it the other day.  Last gasps at getting people to play.

Dude...they were advertising on TV 4 years ago when I first started playing.  That is how I found out about the game.  While I do agree that the online population has decrease from where it was when I first started playing, the fact that they are advertising does not mean squat.

Blucraft #26 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8040 battles

OP, just because you don't like the changes (and/or enjoy the game) doesn't mean it's "dying".  Plenty of us are still having a good time.

-Blu

LeaveIT2Beaver #27 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 28281 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

Another snowflake thread :trollface:

Kliphie #28 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 15:52

Captain

• Players
  • 28081 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Nearly 7 year old game is nearing 7 years old.  Most MMO's would kill to have these paltry numbers after that long.  

__WARDADDY_ #29 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 16:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 31118 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 25 2017 - 05:58, said:

It was mentioned there is a 'summer slowdown'?

There actually is when you look at the graph "Number of players that played per weeks".

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

Chalybos #30 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 16:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21300 battles

Search Results

Your search for the term "game is dying" returned 205 results
Oldest result:
Posted Sep 04 2011 - 18:34
"I am still laughing about this impending "Server Merge" OMFG!!!  so the russians are coming to merge with us, and they have tanks there we cant even get here? yeah, there will be a LOT of balancing the servers prior to combining them.

And by then.. hell.. I will be surprised if I am even still playing this game in another month.. thats how fast this game is dying."

Population down from what it used to be?  Yep.  Anyone who has ever played an MMO for more than a month has been through this.  There's a decline with age, that's always been the case, but "dying" claims start up pretty much right after release whenever someone doesn't like something.

teamoldmill #31 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 14295 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Jul 25 2017 - 13:48, said:

What you obviously don't understand is that WoT does not need the NA server, they could shut it down tomorrow and the game would still be doing fine around the globe. The gaming world is not what it used to be, NA servers are simply not that important to a lot of games anymore.

We spend a lot of money though.

Game will take forever to die. But we already see MM silliness and power creep and stupid balance and maps, this will make it harder to retain and impossible to get new players when they play their first week, then get face stomped forever by veterans with crazy powerful tanks.

I started playing again, poorly, after many, many months. Same old, just a little worse each time I come back. Everything bad is worse and everything good is lessened.

_Gungrave_ #32 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 36639 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostYankee, on Jul 25 2017 - 14:08, said:

You're, not Youre

Well technically he used the right word which is more than what you can say about most people who just say "your"

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jul 25 2017 - 17:46.

JOSEPHINEISH #33 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 17:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19108 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
People have been crying wolf for years but there is a longer wait for battles to start that I have noticed mostly tier ix and X.If tier VIII MM is not addressed this game is finished.People run premiums for silver and xp and that's not counting the poor soles with stock tier VIII's grinding modules .

thatonetroll1 #34 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 19:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4530 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT

View PostNunya_000, on Jul 25 2017 - 08:43, said:

So, which players do they listen to?

If you are that concerned with the game, why don't you report your "friend" for using cheats in this game?

the point is that they don't listen to ANY players, and trust me I already did report my friend. 6 times to be exact, nothing happened.

Pipinghot #35 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postteamoldmill, on Jul 25 2017 - 11:37, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Jul 25 2017 - 13:48, said:

We spend a lot of money though.

We spend more per player but it's still not "a lot" compared to the other servers, it doesn't make up for the fact that only tens of thousands play on NA but millions play on RU, EU & China. NA players would have to spend at least 10 times as much per person as we already spend today before it would matter.

If you were deciding what's important, would you care more about 1 dollar each from 10,000 people or 50 cents each from 1,000,000 people? That should help you understand why the NA server is optional, it's simply not that important to the health of the game.

Game will take forever to die.

Well then it's not really dying. No game ever maintains their peak for ever, but a game that lasts 10 or 15 years has to be counted as roaring success. Look at the number of MMO's that never lasted 5 years, then look at the number of MMO's that are still in business after 10 years - every one of those 10 year games has to be considered a success, because that's a long time for a game to make money. If the game it takes "forever to die" then it's doing just fine. Using your logic I can predict that World of Warcraft is "dying" because they don't have as many players as they used to, but I would hope it's obvious even to you that it would be stupid to say that WoW is "dying" when they still have millions of players world wide, just like it's stupid to say that WoT is dying when they have millions of players world wide. Maybe, just maybe, the NA server is dying, but WoT is definitely not.

Game will take forever to die. But we already see MM silliness and power creep and stupid balance and maps, this will make it harder to retain and impossible to get new players when they play their first week, then get face stomped forever by veterans with crazy powerful tanks.

This game has always been awful for new players, which is the major reason that it has done so poorly in NA. If you want to argue that the game is hard for new players I'll agree 100%, but it has always been hard for new players who get "face stomped forever by veterans with crazy powerful tanks", that is nothing new. The game would have grown better in NA if WG had provided better tutorials and an easier path to learning the game, but in spite of those mistakes the game has been live in NA for 7 years. I'll agree with anyone who says that the game could have been more popular and more profitable in NA if WG had done a better job of making the game more friendly to new players, but it's not honest to say that's killing the game.

I started playing again, poorly, after many, many months. Same old, just a little worse each time I come back. Everything bad is worse and everything good is lessened.

You can't go away for months and expect to be just as good when you come back. WoT is an extremely competitive game, and it's pure PvP. It's not good enough to improve your skills, you have to improve your skills more than the other people playing the game, that's simply how life works in a pure PvP game.

__WARDADDY_ #36 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 20:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 31118 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View Postqcarr, on Jul 25 2017 - 07:04, said:

LOL. The 5,927,345th topic whining that the game is dying, everyone cheats, boo-hoo-hoo. Don't like WOT, try one of the lesser tank games out there and see how quickly you come back.

WOT LIVES! (and will keep on living for the foreseeable future).  :D

I must assume you have a real bad indigestion. That could be the only reason for your mentally challenged posting!

WarDwarf_ #37 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 23:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2218 battles
  • [0PTIC] 0PTIC
WoT сontinues to lose users in RU and EU too. Yes, -20% NA users - nothing, but -20% RU users - ? 

Hurk #38 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 46474 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
its almost like its a 6 year old game that people are tired of. 

Dirty_Camel #39 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 00:04

Captain

• Players
  • 48377 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postthatonetroll1, on Jul 25 2017 - 14:33, said:

and youre the 5,927,346th WagGaming dicksucker on this forum. Want a cookie?

+100 ROFL.... worth the warning point!!!

driesp #40 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostDevildog8, on Jul 25 2017 - 21:08, said:

I dont know about you guys, but I get into games quite quickly everyday, no long que times, the server is acting just fine, when we get down to long ques and hardly anyone playing at all then you can whine about how dead it is, all I see this thread is a band wagon individual looking for rep points.

Remember clan wars?

Also tagged with hacks, lol, cheating, hack, glitch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users