how is the t43?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Lord_tyrant #1 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 11:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
ive researched it, now need to buy it.

how is it in battle?

more importantly how is it for earning credits?

if i have the free xp should i just skip to t44 instead?

SirDenOfYork #2 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 11:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I skipped it, the T44 is a much better tank.... B)

bashotokoro #3 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 12:19

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
At tier7,this thing is a shame to Russian family.this tank can't compete against its tier7 counterpart..
the only thing it has over t-34-85 is the 1000++Hp..everything else are same as t-34-85..or maybe t-43 has less speed(sorry can't remember this well)
i like t-34-85 better :Smile_great:

Oneaegis #4 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 13:32

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I just went from T-43 to T-44. At the moment I cannot make a satisfactory comparison between the two since the T-44 wears only stock modules, but already here is the maneuverability better than on the T-43. One thing I find frustrating on the T-44 is the 20,4k you have to grind before you can mount the old D10T. And at that point, you are a tier 8 tank running around with a tier 7 gun. I yet have to unlock it, but I'm very certain that it won't serve the tank rightfully. Yesterday, with full stock equipment, head-to-head, I was perforated and killed by a T-34-85.

While the T-44 might get better, the T-43 was only very seldom an enjoyable tank. I played the tank without getting the engine and suspension upgrade, saving me quite some exp. Instead I got the torsion bars which allowed me to wear the upgraded turret and D10T. From my point of view, the T-43 performed like my KV-5 just being a lower tier. Slope your armour against the enemy by pointing the corner of your tank towards him. You can play the tank more aggressively since it has a lot of HP given its tier.

My recommendation is to skip the T-43 (and the T-44 if you have enough exp) and head for the T-54. It should be a very enjoyable tank to play.

Lord_tyrant #5 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 14:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
alright, thanx guys

andyraptor #6 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 14:23

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Frankly... I would not skip the T-43 or the T-44. Both have strengths and weaknesses but they are a valuable training ground prior to the T-54. (I'm grinding the research to T-54 at the moment)

Of course both are complete dogs at stock but improve as you elite them out.

Buy yourself past them if you must but I think your making a mistake. Read some of the threads on the T-54 and you'll see that "newbies" in these vehicles still have problems.

EDIT

Quick check of your profile seems to suggest that your skip/buying yourself up this line anyway

Credit earning = same as the rest of T7's.... good if you win... loss if you lose

Oneaegis #7 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 14:37

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postandyraptor, on Aug 20 2011 - 14:23, said:

Frankly... I would not skip the T-43 or the T-44. Both have strengths and weaknesses but they are a valuable training ground prior to the T-54. (I'm grinding the research to T-54 at the moment)

Buy yourself past them if you must but I think your making a mistake. Read some of the threads on the T-54 and you'll see that "newbies" in these vehicles still have problems.

EDIT

Quick check of your profile seems to suggest that your skip/buying yourself up this line anyway

Credit earning = same as the rest of T7's.... good if you win... loss if you lose

Given that he is heading for the T-54, the time he could spend training on that tank is recommendable compared to training on the T-43/44 as each tank are unique.

andyraptor #8 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 14:53

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostOneaegis, on Aug 20 2011 - 14:37, said:

Given that he is heading for the T-54, the time he could spend training on that tank is recommendable compared to training on the T-43/44 as each tank are unique.

Although the top speed and agility of the T-43/T-44 is not comparable to the T-54, I still think from a tactical point to view even 50 - 60 battles would put him in a better position.

But I understand your arguement/point :)

Ape_Drape #9 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 18:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I hate this tank. I only take it out for my daily double. This tank is just in way over its head.

nitrokitty #10 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 00:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The T-43 and T-44 are designed to make you suffer to earn your T-54. The T-43 is a mediocre tank all around, and the T-44 is an ammo rack explosion waiting to happen. The only thing the T-44 has going for it is maneuverability. In terms of speed, armor, and especially firepower, it is totally outmatched by the Pershing and Panther II. The T-34-85 is a lousy tank with a great gun, the T-43 is a mediocre tank with a mediocre gun, and the T-44 is a good tank with a terrible gun.

Altruismo #11 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 03:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postandyraptor, on Aug 20 2011 - 14:23, said:

I found the T-44 to be pretty good out of the box, although I came through the KV-13 to the medium tree and I had the 85BM unlocked already so I guess I didn't really play it stock. I can see that it would probably be a nightmare with the stock s-53.

View Postnitrokitty, on Aug 21 2011 - 00:05, said:

The only thing the T-44 has going for it is maneuverability. In terms of speed, armor, and especially firepower, it is totally outmatched by the Pershing and Panther II.

You must be playing a different tank game to what I am, neither of those two tanks "totally outmatch" the T-44 for speed, or armour.
The 44 is outright faster than the Pershing in every way, and faster than a P2 in a close quarters (not a straight-line race though).
All three have crap armour, but the 44 is the only one with a turret worth a damn and the only one that doesn't have a giant paper-thin side profile. I am surprised to see someone with something good to say about the armour on a Panther 2.
The T-44's biggest failing against the other two tier 8's is it's gun, but it's not even "totally outmatched" there unless you're tyring to snipe, or even peek-a-boo. Sure if you sit all three tanks down and shoot non-stop at a "target dummy" the 44 is going to lose, but in practical terms - getting the opportunity to take shots on a target that's actually engaging you in a fight - the T-44 will kill things about as fast as a Pershing or Panther 2, with the Pershing having the real advantage because it's actually got the slightly higher Alpha.
Curiously enough, if you wanted to play the T-44 as a peek-a-boo tank, the much hated and generally ignored D-25-44 would get surprisingly good results.

@KyleRees #12 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 04:32

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSirDenOfYork, on Aug 20 2011 - 11:28, said:

I skipped it, the T44 is a much better tank.... B)

I did exactly as SirDenofYork did, I Free XP that POS T43.  I had the unfortunate pleasure of driving it in Beta and even though fully upgraded I just gave up on the T44 grind.

Fast forward to now, and I used Free XP to skip to the T-44, and man I am happy I did.  I just always felt the T-43 was outclassed in every match without the benefits of the T44, it is also no where near as agile.

Ramea #13 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 15:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostLord_tyrant, on Aug 20 2011 - 11:10, said:

ive researched it, now need to buy it.

how is it in battle?

more importantly how is it for earning credits?

if i have the free xp should i just skip to t44 instead?

I didn't have the option of using free experience to go through this tank on my trek to the t-54.  But anyway, the stock tank takes some getting used to. If you play your t-43 like a t-34-85 while researching those first upgrades, aka, picking your opportunities, you'll do better in the first 50 battles with this AFV.

Since Im playing through with my T-43, I went for Tracks first, turret, then had the 100mm and the radio from the 34-85 previously researched. But I found that for the t-43, the 100mm didn't suit my style so I researched what I consider is the sniper cannon for this tank, which is the 85mm D5T.

With an 100% crew and a first skill at 50+%, this tank is definitely fun to play. As for items, a Wet Ammo Rack is a necessity for this tank. Now, that said, I don't intend to keep this tank once I unlock the t-44 as selling it will help with getting the funds for the next vehicle, but to say the T-43 is a Pos only tells me people haven't taken the time to actually play it.

Like with any tier 7, you do good on credits and xp if you have a good round, win or lose.

azren #14 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I guess I don't find the T-43 as bad as some of you do. Don't get me wrong, it's not a noteworthy tank, but it's effective for what it is.

The rather large HP reservoir coupled with more armor than a T20 lets pull off some cool stuff when you close with an opponent. I can't count the number of times I've forced a bounce off the rounded sides of my turret face in a CQB engagement with a similar tier tank. Anything with less than 200 pen is fair game for bouncing off your turret as long as they aren't hitting it straight on. Keep that in mind and continue to move when you're up close.

If you learn what can and cannot hurt you through your frontal armor - especially if angled a bit, you can really get the upper hand in those matches where you're the top tier.

Unfortunately, like every one else has said already, this tank lacks in mobility... a lot. It's not really a slug, but it doesn't feel quite as fast as you want your mediums to be. It's also rather large for a medium - about on par for size with the Panther. Obviously this makes you a fairly easy target when caught from the sides.

Once you get your preferred main gun, either the D10T or the 85mm, this tank is (in my opinion) a survivable experience. You'll probably sell it when you're done, but except in extreme cases it won't make you quit the T-54 grind. Truthfully, I'm having a fair bit of fun in mine at the moment. It's elite with the T-44 researched and I'm just holding on to it until I have the money to purchase the T-44. Except for the fact that I know the T-44 will be better, I'm getting a bit sad that I have to sell it. Once I start enjoying a tank, I usually don't want to part with it. (Thus the reason I have such a big garage!)

Manodedios #15 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 21:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'll be honest. I can say its not a terrible tank, now that im past it and on to the T44 - A much much better tank BTW. The Play style will get you ready for the T44 and the T44 will prepare you for the T54 Game play. I do suggest you grind out both tanks. about half way through the T43 Grind I almost slashed my wrists, but please stay with it. Its a badge of honor- i need a bumper sticker saying "  survived the T43!"

azren #16 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 22:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That's interesting, because I felt the same way up until about half to two-thirds of the way to the T-44. Then it suddenly turned around for me and I actually began enjoying the tank.

Lord_tyrant #17 Posted Aug 22 2011 - 02:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
i am gonna have to grind the t44....my descision to skip the t-43 is based off feedback average. Based off the replies; it looks like the majority seem to hate the t43.

i am not skipping completely...i decided to actually grind the is instead of skipping to the is-3...the only "learning curve" i see to driving russian tanks from german tanks is the lack of accurracy(forget shooting/moving) but i do enjoy the maneuverability and frontal armor(on the is series at least)

ytpconquer #18 Posted Aug 22 2011 - 10:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
T-43 is basically a T-34-85 with more HP and armor, which was fine by me when I had it because my problem with the T-34-85was that the combination of paper armor and low HP felt like it was getting two-shotted every game. I found the T-43 much more enjoyable although it wasn't spectacular. Just a decent stepping stone to the T-44, and one that has sufficient capabilities to be effective in its tier.

nublex #19 Posted Aug 29 2011 - 02:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOneaegis, on Aug 20 2011 - 13:32, said:

My recommendation is to skip the T-43 (and the T-44 if you have enough exp) and head for the T-54. It should be a very enjoyable tank to play.
T-54 is T-34 with 76mm all over again, only this time everyone say you are OP.

T-43 is definitely a note worthy tank; while you can't research engine early/from other line kinda suck, you do have the guns unlock from tier lower from two lines.

Not to mention it is actually the most agile of all tier 7 medium (beat DB with turret traverse).

Altruismo #20 Posted Aug 29 2011 - 02:55

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hated. Hated the T-43.
I converted the most of the last ~20k xp for my T-44 straight out of my KV-13 because I was sick to death of having to drive the 43.
I've still got the KV-13 and drive it as one of my money makers, sold the T-43 the instant I unlocked the 44.
Among tier 7 mediums, it's just not good, T-20 and KV-13 both run rings around it, everything except the T20 has better armour and more health than it.
The only good thing about the T-43 is the D10T, but the gun is not good enough to make up for all the shortcomings of the tank.
By comparison to the T-43, the KV-13 has inferior guns, but more than makes up for it in just about every other area to come out as one of the best tier 7 mediums (my opinion is the 13 is the best, but preferences differ).

If you didn't have to go through the T-43 to get to the 44 and 54, there'd be no reason at all to chose it over a KV-13.

For reference, I'll also sell my T-44 when I get a T-54, but only for the garage slot. If I had 50 slots spare, I wouldn't keep a T-43 in any of them