Can we have more than 1000 players on our black list?

blacklist bigger blacklist longer blacklist

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Bavor #41 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 04:09

Major

• Players
  • 28947 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 19 2017 - 08:21, said:

......You will play again on the same team?

I have no-one blacklisted, because, with two keys I can shut up any player for the match and that's all it really takes.

I guess you missed this part, "The players who constantly spam the map after they die don't just do it for one battle and never do it again.  They do it on a regular basis."

I've had the same player in battle twice in a row where they YOLOed and died quickly and spammed the map for the rest of the battle.  Blacklisting them for 1 battle doesn't work because its obvious they are players who do it on a regular basis when they die.

dunniteowl #42 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 17:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 19488 battles

No, I didn't miss that part, Bavor.  What you are missing is that you are triggered by the map pingers and cannot act rationally about it.  Simply CNTRL Right mouse click, block for this battle.  Problem Solved.  No need to blacklist.  Seriously, how often do you end up with the exact same people in matches that makes that too inconvenient?

Can't you simply learn to ignore it?  I do.  I used to be upset by all manner of things in this game.  Then I had a revelation.  I can play this game one of two ways:

I can focus on all the stuff that pisses me off and bugs me, letting it affect my mental state while I play, thus reducing my enjoyment; or I can learn to ignore the other players to the extent that they might actually bother me while I play.

Map pinging has been going on since I started playing and I'm late to the game.  Yes, I agree with your points.  It takes up valuable visual space on the left side of the screen.  It is annoying to see it over and over.  After a request to "Stop that" in whatever form, I will block them for the battle if I have time.  If I don't have time to do that, I'm probably too damn busy to pay any attention to the chat window anyway.  See how that works?

It's really a lot easier than requesting more spaces on your Blacklist.  In all honesty, when I found my blacklist and saw I had ONE THOUSAND slots, my initial thought was, "How in the world could I manage to have that many people I'm mad at?"  As I said before, this is a perception issue.  I have no-one blacklisted and I occasionally have to block someone named Rommel1234 or Patton657 who thinks they are a battle field commander due to map pinging.  It takes the same amount of time (all of three seconds) to blacklist permanently or block for this battle.

Seriously, 1000 people can't all be playing exactly like that and your perceptions are clouding your judgment in this matter.  Lighten up a little and ignore them.  And if I COULD give you my slots or sell them to you, I honestly would if it would make your gaming more enjoyable.

I can't do that, so my advice in lieu of it is to just learn to ignore it.  I think you'll be happier if you can.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Bryukov #43 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 17:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40746 battles
  • [GYB] GYB

View PostBavor, on Jul 26 2017 - 13:37, said:

I have 1000 players on my blacklist that spam the same map square over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because they are upset about their team or their own poor decisions in game.

Now I can't add any more map spammers to my black list because my black list is full.  Please double the size of the blacklist or even better make the blacklist be 5,000 players long.  Its quite obvious that Wargaming will not chat ban players who constantly ping the map because when I remove those players form my blacklist and see them in battle again they spam the map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Right-click on the map spammer chat line, then left click the red icon to the left.

Not only do you silence him this game, but if he shows up in a future battle, he is silenced as well.

No need to put them on the blacklist. Just perma-silence them in chat.

In future battles, you will see red "mute" icons to the right of their name/tank,

iDestroya #44 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 19:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49411 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO
There's that block for battle. it works great. most of these guys they just get frustrated for 1 match and are fine the next. 

_Gungrave_ #45 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:42

Major

• Players
  • 38249 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
Or...just fix the problem altogether and add a spam filter that actually works.

GRINCH7777 #46 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43578 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH
.....like buying more garage space and barracks space I'd pay gold or coin to expand my blacklist to more than 1000.......I like to add players who just plain suck to the list so that at the start I can avoid being close to them and their clueless gameplay.....I'm sure that ppl want more room to add me to their blacklist because i like to call out players who suck ......and their are many thousands of those.

Genarelbetrayus #47 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 19:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17842 battles
  • [RACK] RACK
Hell lets just make it the whole game population who needs friends anyway.:hiding:

U3S7O_WOL #48 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 26018 battles
I Agree, 10,000 names may not be enough.  I would like to see a better "list" though.  Perhaps one that you can change the colors of selected player names along with a check box to specify if they are blocked or not.  I often use my blacklist to determine which target I want to hit first (with all other things being equal) so that I get the objectionable people out of the battle faster.  I'm not talking about blacklisting good players, those I'd like to change the color of their name so that I can either support them better on my team or help kill them if they are enemy.  Say red for blocked /spammers, and green for good guys.

Tracker001 #49 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 02:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 40914 battles
Larger Black List Please . 

M0Z0V0 #50 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 15466 battles
  • [SHOW] SHOW

View PostBavor, on Jul 26 2017 - 15:37, said:

I have 1000 players on my blacklist that spam the same map square over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because they are upset about their team or their own poor decisions in game.

Now I can't add any more map spammers to my black list because my black list is full.  Please double the size of the blacklist or even better make the blacklist be 5,000 players long.  Its quite obvious that Wargaming will not chat ban players who constantly ping the map because when I remove those players form my blacklist and see them in battle again they spam the map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

im pretty sure that im in your list :rolleyes:

Also tagged with blacklist, bigger blacklist, longer blacklist

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users