Can we have more than 1000 players on our black list?

blacklist bigger blacklist longer blacklist

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Slatherer #21 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 30518 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Jul 26 2017 - 11:06, said:

You're gonna need more room on that list.

Aahahahahaaaa!  :D

ArmNeilStrong #22 Posted Jul 27 2017 - 00:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11006 battles
someone must have sat behind arty too long

ImproVisational #23 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 04:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 43214 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE
The OP named one of the 3 reasons I put people on my blacklist:

1) needy emo-chick hyper-map spamming
2)  general [edited]-chat ( attempts to be a shock-jock, racism, mouthy/whiny/needy conversation, etc.)
3) XVM pre-battle (or during battle) whiners, who complain about the chances to win, rag on peoples stats, etc.

Once I blacklist them, I never hear from them again.  Their needy map-pinging goes away, as does their douchery and XVM [edited]and moaning.   

The upside is that I never hear them say "help!" or "I'm flipped over, can you help me?" or anything else that might improve their game.   And if they are on the enemy team, when target choices are relatively equal, I chose to shoot them.  Track them.  Hit them with my arty.   Push them into the water and drown them.   etc.  :)

Last time I looked, I was at 880 people on my blacklist.  (I play on both U.S. servers).  

Gunadie #24 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 06:00

Major

• Players
  • 38205 battles

View PostBavor, on Jul 26 2017 - 10:37, said:

I have 1000 players on my blacklist that spam the same map square over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because they are upset about their team or their own poor decisions in game.

Now I can't add any more map spammers to my black list because my black list is full.  Please double the size of the blacklist or even better make the blacklist be 5,000 players long.  Its quite obvious that Wargaming will not chat ban players who constantly ping the map because when I remove those players form my blacklist and see them in battle again they spam the map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

If you need more than a hundred the problem is more than likely

a tad bit of thin skin and over reaction it sounds like!

Have you not heard of the expression "water off a ducks back" ?

Bavor #25 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 28947 battles

View PostGunadie, on Jul 28 2017 - 00:00, said:

If you need more than a hundred the problem is more than likely

a tad bit of thin skin and over reaction it sounds like!

Have you not heard of the expression "water off a ducks back" ?

Have you not had some player YOLO and die in the first minute of battle then spam the map the for next 7 minutes filling up the entire left side of the screen with map ping notices?  I've apparently blocked 1,000 players for doing that so far.  I find 5+ minutes of constant map spam annoying while I'm playing.

Gunadie #26 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 38205 battles

View PostBavor, on Jul 28 2017 - 09:42, said:

Have you not had some player YOLO and die in the first minute of battle then spam the map the for next 7 minutes filling up the entire left side of the screen with map ping notices?  I've apparently blocked 1,000 players for doing that so far.  I find 5+ minutes of constant map spam annoying while I'm playing.

The problem is not with the player base and lack of "blacklist room"

Its more of an issue with how Wot allows players to interface with the game before, during and after the battle (their life with-in)

If Wot modified the game so that all players can global chat before the game and after their death but completely blocking them from interfacing with the on-going game

there would be no problem.

If you take issue with a player in-game , you have a "block player for this battle" feature.

I believe this would allow a player to block anyone they don't want to communicate with at any or all points in the game.

Allow those that want to yak to do so except when the game is in-play, and then only allow teammates to use in-game comms until they die.

Where-as global comms become open to anyone left outside of the actual game play but not allowing them to communicate with ANYONE still playing.

(this includes any private pm's)

Further a simple feature added to the drop down/report menu would be to add "BLOCK ALL CHAT" and "BLOCK CROSS CHAT"

which a player could turn on at the beginning, or any point during the game and be auto-disabled after the player exits the game screen.

Bavor #27 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 28947 battles

View PostGunadie, on Jul 28 2017 - 13:16, said:

If you take issue with a player in-game , you have a "block player for this battle" feature.

I believe this would allow a player to block anyone they don't want to communicate with at any or all points in the game.

The players who constantly spam the map after they die don't just do it for one battle and never do it again.  They do it on a regular basis.  Wargaming refuses to do anything about it.  Wargaming support doesn't think some player spamming the map repeatedly for almost an entire battle is a bad thing even then they do it multiple battles in a row.  I've sent in tickets before where a player spammed the map for 5+ minutes after he died for multiple battles where we were on the same team and he never got a ban or chat ban.  That's why there are not 1,000 players on my black list.  When someone dies and fills up the left side of my screen with notifications in chat that they clicked the map over and over they get a spot on my black list.  

There is no point blocking that player for one battle because they will do it again next time they are on my team.  I was hoping when I played higher tier battles more often that it would happen less often, but that's not the case.  I was in a battle recently where a 44% win rate player in a tier 10 tank YOLOs out into the open and dies and then spams the map over and over while insulting their team mates.  He used up the last spot on my blacklist.

Gunadie #28 Posted Jul 29 2017 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 38205 battles

View PostBavor, on Jul 28 2017 - 11:37, said:

The players who constantly spam the map after they die don't just do it for one battle and never do it again.  They do it on a regular basis.  Wargaming refuses to do anything about it.  Wargaming support doesn't think some player spamming the map repeatedly for almost an entire battle is a bad thing even then they do it multiple battles in a row.  I've sent in tickets before where a player spammed the map for 5+ minutes after he died for multiple battles where we were on the same team and he never got a ban or chat ban.  That's why there are not 1,000 players on my black list.  When someone dies and fills up the left side of my screen with notifications in chat that they clicked the map over and over they get a spot on my black list.

There is no point blocking that player for one battle because they will do it again next time they are on my team.  I was hoping when I played higher tier battles more often that it would happen less often, but that's not the case.  I was in a battle recently where a 44% win rate player in a tier 10 tank YOLOs out into the open and dies and then spams the map over and over while insulting their team mates.  He used up the last spot on my blacklist.

I never seem to notice that it happens all that often.

As I said if WG would change the interface so that dead players cannot communicate with what is still taking place in the game then this would stop

Other than the odd one who Spams pings during a battle and you can block this

If you continuer to block/blacklist players at the rate your going you will end up in complete solitude...lol

I have 80 in approx. 6 years of playing and I don't think more than a couple are because of excessive pinging.

Some players get frustrated and will go off on the map but this is not necessarily an inherent trait that is continual

I don't think its worth more than an in-game block player on your part and this is probably WG view of it as well.

But best of luck trying to get WG to change the allotted space available for you to BL, they seldom listen to thousands of players grievances let alone 1 or 2!

Bavor #29 Posted Jul 30 2017 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 28947 battles

View PostGunadie, on Jul 29 2017 - 14:11, said:

I never seem to notice that it happens all that often.

As I said if WG would change the interface so that dead players cannot communicate with what is still taking place in the game then this would stop

Having team mates be able to communicate often can be helpful in giving the team information needed to win.

Usually players who want dead team mates to not have the ability char to ping fall into one of several categories:

• They are players who sat in the back of the map or so far back they couldn't shoot anything until most of the team was dead.
  • They are players who went to a useless part of the map that has no significance and separates them from most of their team such as valley in Lakeville or the beach on Overlord.
  • They are players who sat back "protecting arty" or "protecting cap" the entire battle.
  • Players who ignored team mate's requests for help or requests to relocate to support the team.
  • Players who think they are great at this game when reality they are below average.

If chat bothers someone so much, they should turn it off.  In the past I've had battles with players who said in chat things such as "dead players shouldn't speak" and found them posting on the forums about who dead players shouldn't be able to chat.  They fell into one of the above categories. 

Block Quote

Other than the odd one who Spams pings during a battle and you can block this

I block it by adding them to my black list because the ping spammers don't do it for one battle and never do it again.  I've found they do it regularly.

Block Quote

If you continuer to block/blacklist players at the rate your going you will end up in complete solitude...lol

4+ years of playing and close to 30,000 battles.  I've just hit 1000 blocked.  I have quite a long way to go before I block all the active players.  

Block Quote

I have 80 in approx. 6 years of playing and I don't think more than a couple are because of excessive pinging.

Some players get frustrated and will go off on the map but this is not necessarily an inherent trait that is continual

I don't think its worth more than an in-game block player on your part and this is probably WG view of it as well.

But best of luck trying to get WG to change the allotted space available for you to BL, they seldom listen to thousands of players grievances let alone 1 or 2!

Like I said before, I noticed the players who constantly map ping spam don't do it just one in one battle and stop they do it regularly.  Because Wargaming REFUSES to give them a chat ban for their actions I'll keep blocking them.

Sgt__Guffy #30 Posted Jul 30 2017 - 01:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2288 battles

Just clear your blacklist out from time to time,  if the villains show up, black list them again. I've never had to do that as most of them seem to have left the game anyway.

Bet you don't have the same problem with your friends list. ;)

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Jul 30 2017 - 01:41.

Charm3D #31 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 14:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13221 battles

My spam is more full of accounts that keep popping up trying to sell me cheap Gold and Tanks..

It's been happening a lot the past 2 weeks.

BobLeeSwaggers #32 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 19:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 34945 battles

I just tried this mod and it works, copy and paste the link into every games general chat at start and put an end to game spamming:

"Google, Elkano's minimap ping spam blocker"

"This modification will block minimap ping spam by enforcing certain restrictions:

Within a given timeframe (10 seconds by default) a player can only create a given number (3 by default) minimap pings to different and a single ping to an individual cell. Further pings will be noted and keep that player blocked."      

https://mods.curse.c...#t1:description

AMSRocker #33 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 07:03

Major

• Players
  • 37073 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View PostBavor, on Jul 26 2017 - 10:37, said:

I have 1000 players on my blacklist that spam the same map square over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because they are upset about their team or their own poor decisions in game.

Now I can't add any more map spammers to my black list because my black list is full.  Please double the size of the blacklist or even better make the blacklist be 5,000 players long.  Its quite obvious that Wargaming will not chat ban players who constantly ping the map because when I remove those players form my blacklist and see them in battle again they spam the map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I think it would be easier for you to just turn off your in game chat....

dunniteowl #34 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 17:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 19488 battles
I'll sell you half of the 1000 EMPTY slots I have.

Rake #35 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:46

Major

• Players
  • 49163 battles

View PostAMSRocker, on Sep 17 2017 - 01:03, said:

TURNING OFF CHAT DOES NOT STOP MAP PINGS.

Red_Ensign #36 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:55

Major

• Players
  • 7000 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
there's a saying that if all the people around you are jerks, you're probably the jerk

Bavor #37 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:25

Major

• Players
  • 28947 battles

View PostAMSRocker, on Sep 17 2017 - 01:03, said:

That doesn't stop map pings.  Way to bring this thread back from the dead necromancer!

Ape_Drape #38 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 16:34

Captain

• Players
  • 37522 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostBavor, on Jul 26 2017 - 19:37, said:

Maybe just put on your big boy pants and type "STFU" in chat?

Bavor #39 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 22:38

Major

• Players
  • 28947 battles

View PostApe_Drape, on Sep 18 2017 - 10:34, said:

Maybe just put on your big boy pants and type "STFU" in chat?

You really think I haven't tried and the entire team hasn't tried in many different ways to tell them to stop it or shut up?

If the server population was bigger to support it, I could get rid of 3/4 of the map ping spammers by having a separate server for South American players.  Someone will probably call me racist for pointing out that fact about who does the most map ping spamming in my experience.

dunniteowl #40 Posted Sep 19 2017 - 14:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 19488 battles

A match lasts 10-15 minutes, max.  You don't know anyone else on any team.  How many of those 'blacklisted' people on your full list:

A) give two flying figs for you in the first place?

B) know that you blacklisted them?

C) You will play again on the same team?

I have no-one blacklisted, because, with two keys I can shut up any player for the match and that's all it really takes.

I would literally sell you half my blacklist slots if I could.  I used it once for about an hour to shut up some idiot who PM rage chatted me after a match.  Then I realized it was even easier to just click the "X" at the top right corner of the message window without reading -- problem solved.

1000 spots on your blacklist is like having 1000 doses against a disease that needs only ONE application.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Also tagged with blacklist, bigger blacklist, longer blacklist

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users