9.20 Vehicle Balance Notes

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

QWERTYEel89 #21 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 00:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21980 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Seriously the showcase for tier 9-10 ru meds in terms of defense was always the turret, bouncing 350 HEAT round on the regular  with the exception of the 140 which had a slight edge despite the weaker roof in the form of gun depression. This is a one way buff for tanks that otherwise did not need them.

Finnegan_Gromyko #22 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 00:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8277 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Great decision on cancelling the nerf of the Bat Chat. I'm sure you've made a lot of players really happy, not least because it shows WG is listening to the player base. Plus One!

JTM78 #23 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 00:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16339 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
What will the OI get in return for the rear armor nerfing? The OI has paper armored sides and on many of the city/town map there is not enough room to turn the OI around on the streets. Will the OI get an armor buff to it's side for this?

Drseckzytime #24 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 16085 battles
  • [PBLRD] PBLRD

Tier 8 is unplayable at the moment, all yesterday I got one match as top tier.

Also, no buffs to the Leopard 1 when you're buffing everything else (RU meds/heavies LOLOLOLOL) and it needs them badly.  Good jerb as usual, WG.

PJPeters123 #25 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 01:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 23549 battles
  • [BHA] BHA

Why buff the already buff Russian medium turrets? I guess on the bright side, nobody shoots a Russian med in the turret anyway. Bad.

Why nerf the finally pleasant-to-play Maus? So long as the E100 has the 15cm, it will still shine over the Maus for it's alpha, no need to nerf Maus DPM. Bad.

American mediums finally will be competitive. Good.

Postpone the buffing of the totally obsolete KV line.... KV4 and KV3 need help. Bad.

I'm terribly sad the OI Exp is getting nerfed because it is so fun, but in all honesty it was incredibly OP. Meh.

Last comment: O-Ho needs those stupid frontal turrets lowered or something, they always mess with the gun depression during rotation.

Overall a pretty sour attitude towards this patch.

Crabybaby #26 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 02:17

Private

• Players
  • 18180 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

While I am mostly satisfied with many of these changes (the exception being the armor buffs to the T54), I have to say that the armor nerfs to the Type 4 Heavy are completely ridiculous.  As an owner of a Type 4, I have to say that if anything, this tank needs an armor buff, specifically to the hull cheeks.  The fact that the hull cheeks are only 200mm thick makes the tank impossible to angle without giving your opponent a chance to shoot at a rather large weak spot, and this is very annoying since you need to angle it against equal tier tanks in order for them not to pen with STANDARD ROUNDS.  If these weak spots are to be added, this tank will become almost unplayable at tier 9, as any competent player can pen it easily, no matter what kind of angle you present yourself at.  If anything, this tank needs its cheek armor buffed to at least 220mm thick.

Also, remove the stupid derp guns... they aren't fun to use unless you spam premium rounds, and if people cry about them being removed, buff the HE shells of the 140mm gun.

cyberstalker292 #27 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 02:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 13944 battles

Meh, weak patch.

Buff the Soviet tanks..... again...... nerf the Germans and Japs, again.

You will be forgiven if you BRING BACK CROSS-CHAT!!!!!!

MuFa5a #28 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 02:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16795 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
Time to dust off the good ol' patton (M60 in suicide watch XD).

theblabla #29 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 03:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7662 battles
Bought t54 yesterday so... im happy :trollface:

CraftedMc #30 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 03:31

Private

• Players
  • 17395 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE
Why are y'all buffing all the most popular tanks?  The T-54 is good the way it is, it doesn't need a buff.  The AMX-30 and 30b is good for the armor buff, but why gave it the best dpm in the entire tier 10 medium tank lines; that would make the STB-1 redundant.   I understand the M-48 and M-46 need a turret armor buff, but why you guys have to reduce the size of the commander's hatch; like you might as well spam gold at it's turret anyways.  The so call weak spots of the Type 4 and Type 5 are not weak spots.  The Type 4 for example, got 240mm and 250mm, many tier 9 and some tier 10 tanks can't even penetrate it let alone tier 7s and 8s, thus forces us to spam gold.  Same goes for the Type 5 as well.  Instead of patching all the popular and most played tanks, why not buff the tanks that isn't performing well.  For example, the tier 8 Chinese medium, T-34-2, under performs compared to the other tier 8 mediums.  Also fix the broken tanks in the game like the Type 4 and Type 5, people do is just spam gold HE at people to do extra damage.  I know that premium ammo is silver, but still, it's basically pay to win.  80% of players never make credits when they play tanks.  I'm just asking you guys to fix what is wrong with the game instead of making things worse.  I would also like to add a suggestion to rebalance premium ammo.  Like all the ammo costs the same, but have it's benefits and draw backs.   For example, APCR does lots more penetration, but less damage, HEAT does more damage but reduced pen and spaced armor and what not, regular AP have standard pen and damage, and finally HE can do what HE do in the past.  I hope that you guys read this and hopefully implement or even consider some of my suggestions.

VillainousButler #31 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 03:45

Captain

• Players
  • 17731 battles

Amazing. Maus nerfs.

Honestly WG, don't you have anything better to do than screw over tanks that have been useless for ages?

Edited by VillainousButler, Jul 28 2017 - 03:45.

Tahllol #32 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 03:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7271 battles

The changes to the Russian Heavy are a complete joke, the gun and lack of armor were both issues. Basically every gun on the field can pen the damn IS7 easily including its turret. Overall the tank is a joke compared to any other heavy tank out except the Ammo rack plagued American tanks. Basically this patch is another joke towards the Russian heavies.

The American heavies from tier 8 and up need some serious love as hitting the turrets head on cause way to many damn ammo racks.

They gave the Chinese tanks awesome guns including depression, and armor.

Making the German heavies gods.

Made the Swedish Heavy strong as hell with another fake autoloader, great pen, and OP turret.

The changes to the Japanese Heavies is another complete joke, tanks in those tiers don't even have the pen to get thru that armor so they are not even weak spots. That would include up and personal and then only if using Premium ammo and you have a tank with good accuracy.

Mediums don't need super turrets and armor that is suppose to be the heavies job.

Nerf the crap outta the HE/Derp guns as they shouldn't do much damage if any to tanks with med/heavy armor and especially when hitting angled areas.

Correct all the autoloaders to the same rate of fire nerf you gave manual loading tanks which is roughly 3-4x longer between shots.

Limit Premium rounds to say 5 per match.

Basically more proof the guys at WG don't have a clue on balancing anything.

Edited by Tahllol, Jul 28 2017 - 04:09.

Meoow #33 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 04:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17074 battles
  • [MMIMM] MMIMM

Once again, the Maus will disappear from the game again...

Good job WG

*Also please fix the stupid "Pay to win premium rounds" from the Type 4 - 5 heavy. OR you lots should just make ALL premium rounds do more DAMAGE so that it is fair for every other tank in the game.

predatruite #34 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 04:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 32015 battles

give them French a 6 round autoloader??? please give me back my wthe100 ! pleeeease !

Sister_Mary_Gearchange #35 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 04:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18959 battles

View PostTheVahl, on Jul 27 2017 - 23:08, said:

So, when are you changing the game name to World of Soviet Tanks?

Even they know not to be that blatant. In public.  Because after all, who would notice that all the Russian vehicles get buffs and everyone else gets nerfs or sidesteps?  Meanwhile, the British line continues to be hated by WoT: guns that are wildly variable (despite their nominal numbers), vehicles with holes in the armour that even a  blind person could spot and hit, and "character" limitations/disadvantages than make them basically unplayable even without all the magical buffs the Russians get.

Sister_Mary_Gearchange #36 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 04:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18959 battles

View PostTahllol, on Jul 28 2017 - 03:57, said:

The changes to the Japanese Heavies is another complete joke, tanks in those tiers don't even have the pen to get thru that armor so they are not even weak spots. That would include up and personal and then only if using Premium ammo and you have a tank with good accuracy.

To be fair, the Japanese heavies after the OI Exp are all complete fantasy tanks, so the pen numbers aren't really questionable.

(Yes, I know that WG point to 1 book which says they existed as plans, but what WG clearly don't know/care is that Japan is rife with people simply Making [edited]e Up in order to sell books and the book they quote is by an author known in Japan to be a extremist right wing nationalist fantascist.)

9Spawn #37 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 05:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 21399 battles
  • [-CAOS] -CAOS
Okay all med getting buffs but what about Obj.430 the less used tank and what about E50M will no lenger be the hard tanky med just and other med tank compared this buffed meds.:izmena: i demand a buff to this two or lower the crazy blanced buffs on ther meds rly Wargaming :facepalm:

Tural_AZE #38 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 05:36

Private

• Players
  • 6369 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3
so u made is7 even worse?

predatruite #39 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 06:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 32015 battles

View PostTural_AZE, on Jul 27 2017 - 23:36, said:

so u made is7 even worse?

Wait they will buff its turret soon to make it more competitive ;)

friartuck1 #40 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 06:23

Private

• Players
  • 16140 battles
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_

THANK YOU:)

Wargaming. After putting over 15k games under my belt and playing  W.o.T games competitively and noncompetitive for the past few years, I'd like to say that this patch is a massive breath of fresh air. Out of the 24 tanks being balanced. (23 not counting the BC and thank you for rethinking your changes to that, merely changing the intraclip reload to 3 seconds and reducing the clip reload to keep the DPM the same will stop the yolo-y play-style some players take in the tank by allowing the yolo'd to deal a bit more damage to the BC before they die), only three tanks had unfavorable changes. The IS-7 does need the HP but its incredible strength frontally and leopard-like gun soft stats mean that it can bomb around faster than nearly all other heavy tanks. Only the 113 and 50b are faster in practice. T-54 and 140 do not need the armor changes but the guns are helpful. Maybe keep the Foch's 155 gun as an alternate top gun rather than making a new tank and removing the old one from the store. Other than that, i'm greatly pleased with the update, props to the balancers at WG. Balancing tiers 8-10 is massively important and i'm glad to see you doing that very well in this patch. If i had any suggestions about further balances of those tiers, maybe consider a slight DPM buff to the IS-4 or a removal of some unnecessary guns on T8 tanks as well as some buffs to the Caern or the KV 4 like you mentioned and the T-34-2 could use a massive buff to pretty much everything, maybe give it a great turret and a good 122mm 360-ish alpha gun or something like a 100mm with 300 alpha. Also maybe look at the Tiger II, Pershing, or HWK and improve them a bit. The consolidation of modules in tanks has been a real joy to me and i assume that new players love these changes even more. Combine that with some better MM for t8s and a successful "Grand Battle" plus the Chinese TDs. I'd be extremely happy. Thank you so much for what you've done already, keep up the amazing work.

-friatuck1

P.S. : Extra thanks for working here in the forums to answer players' comments and concerns. We all want a better game and talking to someone informed like you can help biased players see the light and WG the right way. :bush:

Edited by friartuck1, Jul 28 2017 - 06:24.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users