WoT Mac Wrapper v2.0.10 Is Now Available - Please Read

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

black_colt #21 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles

View Postdstud208, on Aug 07 2017 - 16:10, said:

There's also a file in the ~/Library/Saved Application State/ folder I can't remember exactly what it's called but it's something like com.worldoftanks.savedapplicationstate

It is not always there, I haven't been able to figure it out when it shows up or not. But just check and if you see it then kill it, otherwise if it's not there don't sweat about it.

It is a folder - [~Library/Saved Application State/com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.savedState] which contains three files [data.data, windows_1.data, windows.plst]

So delete this folder as well?

Edited by black_colt, Aug 08 2017 - 01:41.

dstud208 #22 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 03:50

Captain

• Players
  • 17761 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:41, said:

It is a folder - [~Library/Saved Application State/com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.savedState] which contains three files [data.data, windows_1.data, windows.plst]

So delete this folder as well?

Yes

UTurnTerminator #23 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 09:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6726 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
Got it flipped over in no time thanks to dstud's utility and Black Colt here. Wargaming ought to pay you guys for all the awesome work you guys do! :great:

PoorOldSod #24 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 7272 battles
WOWS recently underwent an update and apparently all Mac players are having trouble getting the game to play. The sense I got from the forum thread was that WG is subtly pushing Mac players towards PCs. I don't know if it's true, but with all the hoops to jump thru that have been outlined above, I wonder if the time will come to Convert or Die for WOT as well. I know I have better things to do with my time, and I can't yet afford a PC laptop. 

black_colt #25 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles

View PostPoorOldSod, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:22, said:

WOWS recently underwent an update and apparently all Mac players are having trouble getting the game to play. The sense I got from the forum thread was that WG is subtly pushing Mac players towards PCs. I don't know if it's true, but with all the hoops to jump thru that have been outlined above, I wonder if the time will come to Convert or Die for WOT as well. I know I have better things to do with my time, and I can't yet afford a PC laptop. 

Why buy a dedicated MS Windows laptop?

Macs can run MS Windows.

Pseudolus #26 Posted Aug 18 2017 - 19:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15723 battles
  • [H1N1] H1N1
very fustrated.  I am hoping you guys can help.  Got the patch yesterday, and it worked fine.... played for a few hours.  today however, it wold get hung up on "updating garage."  after several restarts, and curse words, I deleted the WoT app, and tried for a clean install.  Now, however, It will not begin the install after I get the .dmg file from WG.  what in the hell am i doing wrong?

black_colt #27 Posted Aug 18 2017 - 19:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles

View PostPseudolus, on Aug 18 2017 - 10:25, said:

very fustrated.  I am hoping you guys can help.  Got the patch yesterday, and it worked fine.... played for a few hours.  today however, it wold get hung up on "updating garage."  after several restarts, and curse words, I deleted the WoT app, and tried for a clean install.  Now, however, It will not begin the install after I get the .dmg file from WG.  what in the hell am i doing wrong?

Not sure what is going on so I am recommending deleting the WoT Mac Wrapper using the Studly Utility.

The next steps will [Delete Completely] and [Disable Torrents].  The WoT Mac Wrapper can be very sensitive to using Torrents - not sure why.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

Install the Studly Utility 

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

Launch the Studly Utility

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely delete all files.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box. 

Next click on [Live Server] and click on your region. Your web browser will open and download the region-appropriate DMG.  After download completes - double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper app to the [Applications] folder.  After the app copies eject the DMG.

Double click on the app to launch and wait until you see [Updating game client:] then click on the double vertical lines immediately to the left of [PLAY] button to stop the update.

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Go Back to/Relaunch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

Install any updates to the WoT Mac Wrapper - this is separate from game updates which happen in the [PLAY] dialog box after the WoT Mac Wrapper finishes launching.

Let the game install any updates needed in the [PLAY] dialog box.  When complete click on [PLAY] and log-into the game.

Please let the Forum know if this works ...

Edited by black_colt, Aug 18 2017 - 19:55.

black_colt #28 Posted Aug 18 2017 - 20:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles

View PostPoorOldSod, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:22, said:

That makes no sense as Wargaming does not support the Mac so how can they be [subtly pushing Mac players towards PCs]?

CodeWeavers produced the WoT Mac Wrapper and IIRC the WoWS Mac Wrapper for Wargaming.  The issues that arose came from an obscure WINE bug not Wargaming.  Considering the lack of API documentation in MS Windows - e.g. DirectX -  it is a wonder that there are not more issues.

I ran into an issue with the WoWs Mac Wrapper - it was a simple matter of following the instructions below from CodeWeavers and re-downloading the DMG from World of Warships:

How to wipe and reset World of Warships

The first location is in your Documents folder.
Finder > Go > Home > Documents
Delete the WoWs alias folder

Next go to Finder > (while holding down the 'Options' key click) Library > Application Support
Delete the World of Warships folder.

Then go back up a level, into the Preferences folder, and delete com.codeweavers.worldofwarships.plist

Then go back up a level, into Saved Application State, and delete com.codeweavers.worldofwarships.savedState

Finally go to your Applications folder and delete the World of Warships app icon. After that visit http://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/ to download the latest version of WoWS and run that new copy. It'll regenerate the data folders and redownload the game, getting you a working copy of WoWS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users