WGC IS TRASH!

17 replies to this topic

Knagar #1 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 03:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18579 battles

I know you're trying to copy other developers like Blizzard with the battle.net launcher, but why don't you make this garbage POS app optional?

Tried to update WoT, can't connect to service

Tried to update WoWS, can't connect to update service

Uninstalled WGC

Tried to launch WoT, this application needs WGC

Tried to launch WoWS, this application needs WGC

Downloaded and installed WGC again

Tried to update WoT and WoWS, can't connect to update service, app craps all over my PC and crashes it

Restart PC

WGC auto launches, craps all over PC AGAIN

Turn off auto launch

Restart PC

Uninstall WGC

Waiting

I don't know what in the hell you guys are thinking with this garbage app, but clearly a good amount of the community has a problem with it, IT DOESN'T WORK!

So now I've got a years worth of premium time just pissing away because I can't get anything to update, launch, or work without this garbage app, and will you reimburse me for any of it?? NOPE, you'll say it's some fault on my end, which clearly it's not, and tell me you can't do anything for me. That's just how WG rolls, like a bad case of the clap.

Here are my stats from noobmeter regarding my last battle.

Recent results: Jul 16, 2017 12:39:45 PM - Jul 18, 2017 2:48:16 PM

July 18th is the last time I was able to play. Over 12 days of trying to figure out how to get these games to work and not having the WGC work. 12 days of missed premium time that I won't get back because of your asinine app. Money out of my pocket that I won't get back because of your garbage app.

Edited by Knagar, Jul 31 2017 - 03:20.

Winterpeger #2 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 03:52

Captain

• Players
  • 48937 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
OP.. why not just re-install wot and wows instead of re-installing the wgc?

landedkiller #3 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 05:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles

View PostKnagar, on Jul 30 2017 - 20:17, said:

I know you're trying to copy other developers like Blizzard with the battle.net launcher, but why don't you make this garbage POS app optional?

Uninstalled WGC

Tried to update WoT and WoWS, can't connect to update service, app craps all over my PC and crashes it

Restart PC

Turn off auto launch

Restart PC

Uninstall WGC

Waiting

I don't know what in the hell you guys are thinking with this garbage app, but clearly a good amount of the community has a problem with it, IT DOESN'T WORK!

So now I've got a years worth of premium time just pissing away because I can't get anything to update, launch, or work without this garbage app, and will you reimburse me for any of it?? NOPE, you'll say it's some fault on my end, which clearly it's not, and tell me you can't do anything for me. That's just how WG rolls, like a bad case of the clap.

July 18th is the last time I was able to play. Over 12 days of trying to figure out how to get these games to work and not having the WGC work. 12 days of missed premium time that I won't get back because of your asinine app. Money out of my pocket that I won't get back because of your garbage app.

uninstall the games one by one turn off all processes that it is doing only run the uninstall you will thank me later I know it is garbadge

landedkiller #4 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 05:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles

View PostWinterpeger, on Jul 30 2017 - 20:52, said:

WGC infects the two like virus making them unable to run once it is gone so the proper way is to uninstalling the games first. Then uninstall the wgc. Open up task manager on windows and turn off all wgc processes except the uninstall program and then reinstall the game of your choice.

landedkiller #5 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 05:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles
I know that sounds like a lot but you will have to do all of that to get World of tanks to run normally only downloaded th ebastard program because i wanted to try out world of warplanes then I uninstalled after having so many crashes and hihgh pngs in world of tanks

landedkiller #6 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 05:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles
  1. uninstall all Wargaming games before uninstalling Wgc
  2. click uninstall for the wgc next
  3. open task manager or the mac equivalent 
  4. turn off all processes except the uninstall program
  5. then click uninstall on the open wgc window
  6. reinstall the game of your choice (world of warplanes excluded)

Going to the world of warplanes site will only redownload the WGC. the WGC infects the games forcing you to go through all of these steps to get rid of it. DO NOT INSTALL THE WGC PERIOD HIGH LAG WHEN YOU DO AND INTERNET CRASHES

Knagar #7 Posted Jul 31 2017 - 06:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18579 battles

I'm almost at the point of just reinstalling WoT and WoWS.

Sadly I am on a 5mbps wireless connection, lucky if it sees 50kb/s on a good day. Downloading the 30GB or so of date for both games will take me the better part of a week even running day and night.

I know that's not WGs problem, but it would be nice if they did some sort of hot fix to remove the need for that trash launcher to run in the first place.

largeelvis #8 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 01:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10468 battles

Block Quote

You can't. I just spent 15 minutes trying to install World of Warships without the WG Game Center, couldn't figure out how. The only suggestions people offer is installing everything, then only click the launcher in the folder. Sorry, that is not going to work.

I understand what War Gaming wants to do with the Game Center, it wasn't needed and most users certainly don't want it. Looking at the last batch of bug updates just makes it worse from a useability and a security standpoint.

Edited by largeelvis, Aug 01 2017 - 01:30.

Jervis #9 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 17:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 14898 battles

Landed killer...not sure about your instruction process.  My SSD crapped out, got a new one and doing a fresh install of WOT/WOWS, WOWS i was able to find the link to their non-WGC installer and it's working fine, haven't found it for WOT. 

So to say 'reinstall the game of your choice' when I cannot find the direct installer which isn't linked to WGC is unhelpful...if you have the link to WOT without WGC please share!

landedkiller #10 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 05:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles

View PostJervis, on Aug 08 2017 - 10:57, said:

Landed killer...not sure about your instruction process.  My SSD crapped out, got a new one and doing a fresh install of WOT/WOWS, WOWS i was able to find the link to their non-WGC installer and it's working fine, haven't found it for WOT. 

So to say 'reinstall the game of your choice' when I cannot find the direct installer which isn't linked to WGC is unhelpful...if you have the link to WOT without WGC please share!

you mean world of warplanes right I havn't been successful in finding one though I would check with RItagamer she seems to know a lot

Krautjaeger #11 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 17:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 754 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostJervis, on Aug 08 2017 - 17:57, said:

This should let you, and anyone else, download the old installer/launcher: https://redirect.war..._web_install_na

iway #12 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9548 battles
yes it is bad. i have to uninstall/reinstall ever month. same problem, it fails to connect, doesn't get a micro update. then it breaks. tried WG support(theres a joke) they blamed it on anit virus and me. 

CabbageMechanic #13 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:33

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7069 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostKnagar, on Jul 30 2017 - 18:17, said:

Uninstalled WGC

Restart PC

Turn off auto launch

Restart PC

Uninstall WGC

Waiting

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues, have you tried adding WGC to firewall exceptions?  If you are still experiencing problems please submit a ticket to our Technical Support team here: https://na.wargaming...support/tickets

View Postiway, on Aug 10 2017 - 12:03, said:

yes it is bad. i have to uninstall/reinstall ever month. same problem, it fails to connect, doesn't get a micro update. then it breaks. tried WG support(theres a joke) they blamed it on anit virus and me. 

I just reviewed your ticket - looks like we were waiting on you to try a few different fixes and get back to us.  We would be happy to re-open the ticket and continue working to resolve the issue with you.  Even if it is broken, we can take what we learn, file a bug report, and get the issue resolved in a future version.

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Aug 10 2017 - 21:33.

scyorkie #14 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:42

Major

• Players
  • 66017 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Have not installed WGC.

So what I understand here is that:

A. Once you install WGC you cannot launch the games directly via their exe files anymore?

B. If you have a problem with WGC you need to uninstall the games, then uninstall WGC, then reinstall the version of the games that come without WGC?

riff_ #15 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 22:04

Major

• Players
  • 25149 battles

View Postscyorkie, on Aug 10 2017 - 15:42, said:

Have not installed WGC.

A. Once you install WGC you cannot launch the games directly via their exe files anymore?

B. If you have a problem with WGC you need to uninstall the games, then uninstall WGC, then reinstall the version of the games that come without WGC?

2rLiLyO.jpg

Lethalhavoc #16 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 37985 battles

View Postscyorkie, on Aug 10 2017 - 16:42, said:

Have not installed WGC.

1) You can still direct launch from the exe.

2) I haven't experienced any technical issues with it that would require reinstalling. 

PrivateStash #17 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 17:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20838 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS

It is trash, causes issues, but more importantly, is as mentioned, if you have WOT or WoWS installed, then uninstall WGC, you cannot uninstall either game, because for some reason WG decided that the launcher had to take over that function of the game, therefore you wind up having to reinstall WGC just to uninstall either game. this really sucks if you decide you just need a clean install of one of the games.

After having these and other issues, along with there being no real point to having WGC, I got rid of it from my system, reinstalled WOT, and will NEVER use it again. I strongly reccoment against using it, as it really serves no purpose other than to take over the instalation/uninstall process.

Silvers_ #18 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 40615 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
I have it installed and also have no issues. Can launch Tanks and Boat from their exe files as well. Sounds like a few people are having issues so eveyone seems to think there are issues.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users