Where are the Tournaments?

67 replies to this topic

dominator_98 #21 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 00:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14066 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
Is it time to revive faceit? If WG won't give us tournaments we will just have to use the other source.

Quemapueblos #22 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 01:29

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8638 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hi folks,

Tournaments are not over for World of Tanks in North America or any region. 

First, We have been experiencing problems with the Tournament management tool for some time and I'm sure those who have participated recently can attest to the frustration of battles not popping or teams roster issues. We are working on getting this fixed before moving forward with more tournaments.

Second, as we are in between tournaments and Dance is transitioning from World of Tanks PC to TWA this was an opportune time to redo our plans and fix some issues. Don't worry, we are adding some new faces to the forums so keep an eye out for CabbageMechanic and BunnyWithGlasses and a few others. 

Third, we felt the current style of tournaments were getting a little stale over time and we want to retooling competitions to feel them more exciting and robust.

We will keep you in the loop on any further news here on the forums and stay tuned to the portal and forums for any new tournaments in the future.

mojave #23 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 01:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22685 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Please dont make us wait months. I would much rather have slight issues and get to play tourneys than wait 3 months for a new system riddled with new problems. Think the forst iteration of CW 2.0

markgs #24 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 01:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 62474 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

I'll sum it up for everyone, if there is not tournaments for the clans or individuals to particapate in , who needs this game and who has to worry about stats etc. Now if this was something WOT was making real cash on do you think they would be closing it down of course not .  

It's like the FAIR PLAY policy, Big deal some folks liked the auto aim that actually locked on the targets, not like you still cann't get something close to that in mod packs , but the old was better. Fair Play would be NO MODS of any kind to be used in tournaments etc. and the game would have the most common ones in it. I like the stat keeping mods etc but there are still players that use those illeagle mods you can get on line to shoot through hills make shell bounce and so on,  OK it used to be War Pac , but now WOT regulates the use of WP .  this gameis getting more for the kids and the cheaters , Maybe it will do some good to not have the tournaments for a bit like it was said , maybe a lot of clans will just stop being there and make the game fun again.  

Now it makes me wonder if the BIG clans will have the tournaments for the REAL MONEY and get all the free tanks etc us lower skilled players can not get. 

Time will tell 

Us commanders should have a say some where  about the tournaments and other things to keep the clans honest and active. 

My clan used to play in every tournament, but lately when you enter check the stats of the folks your going up against , it not fair a clan with red and orange players goes up week after week  against Blue and purple teams. and the ones that use cheats  that's why no smaller clan  plays the tournaments often. 

And if WOT could get the same skilled players agaist each other and as the clans get better go against the better players etc it would be more fun. 

mojave #25 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 01:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22685 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Its almost like if you win you get rewarded for beating the competition. Seriously this kiddie attitude of everyone deserves an award is stupid. I earned my way up to the top(not really the top but close) When you want rewards without being the best its like spitting in my face for all the time and effort i put in to get good

enjineer #26 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 01:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41901 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postmarkgs, on Jul 31 2017 - 19:41, said:

I'll sum it up for everyone, if there is not tournaments for the clans or individuals to particapate in , who needs this game and who has to worry about stats etc. Now if this was something WOT was making real cash on do you think they would be closing it down of course not .  

It's like the FAIR PLAY policy, Big deal some folks liked the auto aim that actually locked on the targets, not like you still cann't get something close to that in mod packs , but the old was better. Fair Play would be NO MODS of any kind to be used in tournaments etc. and the game would have the most common ones in it. I like the stat keeping mods etc but there are still players that use those illeagle mods you can get on line to shoot through hills make shell bounce and so on,  OK it used to be War Pac , but now WOT regulates the use of WP .  this gameis getting more for the kids and the cheaters , Maybe it will do some good to not have the tournaments for a bit like it was said , maybe a lot of clans will just stop being there and make the game fun again.  

Now it makes me wonder if the BIG clans will have the tournaments for the REAL MONEY and get all the free tanks etc us lower skilled players can not get. 

Time will tell 

Us commanders should have a say some where  about the tournaments and other things to keep the clans honest and active. 

My clan used to play in every tournament, but lately when you enter check the stats of the folks your going up against , it not fair a clan with red and orange players goes up week after week  against Blue and purple teams. and the ones that use cheats  that's why no smaller clan  plays the tournaments often. 

And if WOT could get the same skilled players agaist each other and as the clans get better go against the better players etc it would be more fun. 

Simple solution - stop being a red or orange player and improve your play.

seanphelan #27 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 02:24

Private

• Players
  • 41295 battles
  • [TER] TER

If you are going to redo the tournaments then please do two things.

1. Use the tanker's 'Player Rating' to form up the divisions in order to make them more competitive for all. (No more 'baby seal' clubbing.)

2. Make them mod-free or enforce the cheating rules more stringently.

To Enjineer: Not all of us 'reds & oranges' can afford a top of the line computer, graphics card and internet connection.

Raum_The_Smurf #28 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 02:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20328 battles
  • [W-R] W-R
[edited]they took CW with no opening of them in sight and now the tournaments is gone for god knows how long cuz its broken like the contacts list is "yes they still havent fixed the contacts just put a bandage on it" and  couple all this with the lag spikes on the servers you got yourself one hella broken game that leaves the players with platooning and strongholds ..... yall really want run this game into the ground huh Quemapueblos

mojave #29 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 02:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22685 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postseanphelan, on Aug 01 2017 - 01:24, said:

To Enjineer: Not all of us 'reds & oranges' can afford a top of the line computer, graphics card and internet connection.

This is not what it takes to be good. While it helps its not required. I play on a computer with a 770 graphics card and a inteenet connection that lets me download at 3mbs per second with 120 ping to us east. Many of my clans members play on far worse setups. One guy plays with 300 ping and regularly outplays others in the game. There is literally no way to buy yourself to being good. Time plus learning is the only way to really get good. 

mrmojo #30 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 02:35

Captain

• Players
  • 18451 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Tournaments will be back soon.
New maps soon.
Clan wars will be back soon.

No players in the queue soon...

dominator_98 #31 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 05:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14066 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

View Postseanphelan, on Jul 31 2017 - 19:24, said:

That's not an excuse. One of my clan's XO's has green recents and he plays on a Surface Pro with 30 fps on a good day. Nothing can fix a lack of situational awareness, which is the most important skill in this game and also the hardest to acquire.

angrybovine #32 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 05:01

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11658 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View Postseanphelan, on Aug 01 2017 - 02:24, said:

1. Use the tanker's 'Player Rating' to form up the divisions in order to make them more competitive for all. (No more 'baby seal' clubbing.)

^^This guy doesn't understand what a tournament means.

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #33 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 05:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27584 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostQuemapueblos, on Aug 01 2017 - 01:29, said:

Hi folks,

First, We have been experiencing problems with the Tournament management tool for some time and I'm sure those who have participated recently can attest to the frustration of battles not popping or teams roster issues. We are working on getting this fixed before moving forward with more tournaments.

Second, as we are in between tournaments and Dance is transitioning from World of Tanks PC to TWA this was an opportune time to redo our plans and fix some issues. Don't worry, we are adding some new faces to the forums so keep an eye out for CabbageMechanic and BunnyWithGlasses and a few others. 

Third, we felt the current style of tournaments were getting a little stale over time and we want to retooling competitions to feel them more exciting and robust.

We will keep you in the loop on any further news here on the forums and stay tuned to the portal and forums for any new tournaments in the future.

Can you please bring back the old format for the weekly Skirmishes and the Daily Stand-tos? 

johnmadara #34 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 09:18

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View Postseanphelan, on Aug 01 2017 - 01:24, said:

I think they mean redo as in format (maps, tiers, 3v3? 5v5? 2v2??)

although it would be nice for it to be based on some type of rating so 2/3rd of the game arnt tech wins

driesp #35 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 10:46

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View Postjohnmadara, on Aug 01 2017 - 16:18, said:

I think they mean redo as in format (maps, tiers, 3v3? 5v5? 2v2??)

although it would be nice for it to be based on some type of rating so 2/3rd of the game arnt tech wins

I agree, a tier 5, 7 and 9 tourney every now and then could make things a bit interesting for example.

Nick_GoVols #36 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 13:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25300 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View Postmarkgs, on Jul 31 2017 - 18:41, said:

:facepalm:

View Postseanphelan, on Jul 31 2017 - 19:24, said:

1.) If they were to do this, it would be possible to farm gold on an alternate account. While you are on the right track with this, this isn't the right rating to use.

2.) They are already pretty strict on the rules. You can submit a ticket if someone does something against the rules (like bringing the wrong class of tank) and they get disqualified as long as you have proof. I also use very little mods (XVM from aslains, and minimap xvm), so it wouldn't be that big of an issue for me. I do; however, think that the issue is not so much with mods as you may think, unless you are talking about showing broken things on minimap (which should get you banned now?).

3.) If you know you are handicapped by your computer, then there is no reason for you to complain about others who can run the game. I don't know your financial situation, but there are decent priced computers that can run World of Tanks. The game doesn't require a top of the line computer either.

Hillbilly58 #37 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 14:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37049 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

View PostQuemapueblos, on Aug 01 2017 - 00:29, said:

Hi folks,

​Thank you for the update, looking forward to returning to tournaments. Please make it quick thanks.  

Devildog8 #38 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 15:24

Major

• Players
  • 9332 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostQuemapueblos, on Jul 31 2017 - 18:29, said:

Hi folks,

Keep Call to Arms were happy

Fulcrous #39 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 18:24

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28910 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 31 2017 - 15:27, said:

Is it time to revive faceit? If WG won't give us tournaments we will just have to use the other source.

Faceit was okay for regular payouts. Cash payouts would almost never happen though.

VisaWarrior_br #40 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 18:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38181 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

View PostQuemapueblos, on Aug 01 2017 - 00:29, said:

Hi folks,

Hi Quemapueblos, thanks for come to the forums. 
First of all... Thanks Dance for all your work and patiente. Always honest and respectful. We will miss you.

About the info you share.
I believe that your words are an elegant way of say... "They dont come back in a short time". Great Community Management skills.

Tournaments have been suffering since wg remove the Skirmish, Weekday Warface and Stand To to bring the Platournaments and Wekkly. Less prizes, less days and less tournaments.
The result of this was less people playing tournaments. Remember all the players that play in great tournaments like March Mapness. People want to play tournaments.

A little time after in some update the system start to charge the reparation of the vehicle. WG never repaire that. And the tournaments of high tier start to cost a lot for play.
Think in players that dont have premium time or premium vehicles... is a lot of credits for play 9 battles in a night with tier 7-8-9-10.
You cant do a lot of damage in a 5vs5 so you cant compensate the credits that you spend shooting.

The problems with the system about no popping or things like that are minimal. And it wasnt happening the last months. 

In a moment WG bring us the FACE IT option. In the beginning was a good option. But again... in some point they change the value of prizes and now you need to play a lot (A LOT) of tournaments for have some decent amount of gold. Too much time and not funny.

We have a great group of players that only play tournaments.

I spend money on this game and play more than 400 tournaments. Sadly now i am thinking on moving to other game like all the players in my clan.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users