Some Ideas to Improve 1vs1 Tournaments

8 replies to this topic

Tankdemonium #1 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 03:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38737 battles
  • [_4K_] _4K_

Hello all 1 vs 1 Tourney Players!

Tonight I am going to post some ideas I have lying around from almost 1 year and finally I decided to post them. Hopefully this is the correct place to post them if not Moderators Please move this thread to the correct place.

Looking also for the opinion of other 1 vs 1 players on my ideas and also their own suggestions. And  who knows maybe we will get lucky and dance210 could read this post and comment too.

Here goes nothing:

- 1) Please stop using Mittengaard Map for 1x1; that map is terrible and makes most tank classes unplayable except heavies on most tiers. Map rotation is needed asap;

- 2) Maybe more maps isn't used because they are too big? Easy fix change 7 Minutes games to 10 Minutes and make the cap 30 secs faster so people aren't camping on a corner of the map waiting to get draws like candy;

-3)  Whenever Mittengaard is in the tourney map rotation please change the starting spawn from on top of a hill to inside the cap circle for both bases, because up on the top of the hill contributes to terrible Gameplay, people sniping the small map with premium tanks with 3 to 5 skills where if you don't have  a similar setup or a fast tank you are toasted, why? the player who gets the 1st damaging shot in my experienced (since 2015 at least) wins the match and guess who is sniping in Mittengaard;

- 4) Bring back Class Tourneys; they were great and a much needed break of people using the same tanks every tourney. Arty tourneys were hilarious... I understand they got removed because the number of complaints for illegal class of tank use were high, maybe the developers could code and exclusion which doesn't allow you to pick a heavy when is a light tourney which would remove all those manual technical loses and the time it takes to dance210 to process them;

- 5) Since people love to use they best 5-6 skills crews on lower tier tournaments this could be fixed by adding Two Type of tournaments each day. You will have the Non Premium Tournament and the Only Premiums allowed Tournaments this for every Tier except I, IX and X ( Tier I has no premiums, Tier IX has and Tier X has very few premiums available and those are mostly Clan Rewards so the number of players on these tiers probably wont justified having a Tier X Premium Tournament)

Please let me know what do you think of my ideas I think they are all decent and could improved the environment of 1 x 1 Tournaments but I also would like to heard your opinions fellow Tourney Players.

Striker_70 #2 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 03:33

Major

• Players
  • 18497 battles

You should be begging for 1vs1 tournaments to just continue existing, they're fine the way they are.

I only read to #1, but it was found long ago that Mittengard is by far the best map for 1vs1 battles.  Other maps were tried and failed, usually due to the excessive amounts of draws and camping.

What_Just #3 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 03:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 5448 battles
  • [F_B_P] F_B_P
Ghosttown would be a good alternative to Mittengard.  But... they removed that map.  bummer.   :(  T

dominator_98 #4 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 04:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11811 battles
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G
Perhaps they could improve 1v1 tournaments by actually scheduling them. However, faceit.com has tournaments where you can pick the map if that's what you're after. Considering there will probably be no tournaments for at least a month, faceit is definitely worth checking out now.

TsarCidron #5 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 5884 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 31 2017 - 19:55, said:

Perhaps they could improve 1v1 tournaments by actually scheduling them. However, faceit.com has tournaments where you can pick the map if that's what you're after. Considering there will probably be no tournaments for at least a month, faceit is definitely worth checking out now.

They do schedule them.  Tournament tab at the webpage.  Participated as recently (via homepage) as recently as two weeks ago.  Thursday throwdown is usually 1-1

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #6 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 05:28

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

The biggest problem with Mittengard is spawn sniping...

Move the spawn points down into the cap...

Tankdemonium #7 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 17:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38737 battles
  • [_4K_] _4K_

View PostStriker_70, on Jul 31 2017 - 21:33, said:

You should be begging for 1vs1 tournaments to just continue existing, they're fine the way they are.

I only read to #1, but it was found long ago that Mittengard is by far the best map for 1vs1 battles.  Other maps were tried and failed, usually due to the excessive amounts of draws and camping.

They had 1 vs 1 Tourneys for years by now. At the very minimum for 3 years and they aren't taking them away. Mittengaard actually is a terrible map for any type of 1 vs 1 tourney. Only heavy tanks are viable there, mediums. tds or lights are totally 2-3rd Tier on that map and I am not asking that the map should be pulled off the rotation just they add other maps to the mix.

View PostWhat_Just, on Jul 31 2017 - 21:39, said:

Ghosttown would be a good alternative to Mittengard.  But... they removed that map.  bummer.   :(  T

Okish map but it isn't used much. Even being a Tournament only map you rarely see that map. I think for 1x1 they should do like on 3x3 and 5x5 rotate the maps used each week.

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 31 2017 - 22:55, said:

1 x 1 Tournaments are held on Thursdays (9pm est)  and Saturdays (4pm est). You can register for the tournaments this format and others here:

https://worldoftanks...aments/all/#wot

While no tournaments other than the Clan Cup are Schedule next week I am fairly sure they will be back at their usual days, keep in mind apparently only one Wargaming NA employee manages/ organizes everything tourney wise.

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Jul 31 2017 - 23:28, said:

The biggest problem with Mittengard is spawn sniping...

Move the spawn points down into the cap...

It has several problems:

1) extremely small map at 600 meters length, i personally preferred at least 100 or 200 extra meters.

2) starting spawn atrocious allows for poor gameplay (spawn sniping on premium tanks)

3) if you want to win you can use the small open area on the left side as a medium, light or td tank;

4) favors fighting close range (brawling)which is heavy specialty;

5) finally the mid map 70% of the are, could use some improvement with more clear paths / roads, how many times you want to flank a guy and you cant since the path is blocked;

Tankdemonium #8 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 17:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38737 battles
  • [_4K_] _4K_

Also today thinking about the player pool I got another idea, lets see what people things about it:

-6) Create New Players Only 1 vs 1 and 3 vs 3 Tournaments. If you have less than 10000 games and a personal Rating of less than 4000 points when you enter a Tournament you get matched with players with new accounts, lower battle count and basic skill.

You could advertise those tournaments as a separate affair and new players would have them the option to join up their tourneys on a different day/hour or play the "Pro Tourneys" which are the normal ones.

-7) Another idea I had is for a tournament where the ammo loadout is Standard Ammo + He, so no premium ammo allowed. It should work pretty well on Tiers 1 to 7. Tiers 8-9-10 are somehow unbalanced I wouldn't recommend to take out premium ammo for them at this point.

As before let me know your ideas about what I propose and if you have any good ideas please post them here, Thank You!

Tankdemonium #9 Posted Aug 03 2017 - 13:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38737 battles
  • [_4K_] _4K_

Just found out that dance210 is leaving Wot Na Team rip improvement tourneys thread.

Source: http://forum.worldof...60__p__11141955

(post 168)

So what this means for us 1 vs 1 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 Players? Yup no more tournaments for a while.

:amazed:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users