• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #1 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 16:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 33654 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Hi,

Recently we (the WoT community) got to the boiling point over the Tournament page

https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/ being near blank with no tournaments.

It took a forum thread for someone at WGNA to post:

Block Quote

Tournaments are not over for World of Tanks in North America or any region.

First, We have been experiencing problems with the Tournament management tool for some time and I'm sure those who have participated recently can attest to the frustration of battles not popping or teams roster issues. We are working on getting this fixed before moving forward with more tournaments.

Second, as we are in between tournaments and Dance is transitioning from World of Tanks PC to TWA this was an opportune time to redo our plans and fix some issues. Don't worry, we are adding some new faces to the forums so keep an eye out for CabbageMechanic and BunnyWithGlasses and a few others.

Third, we felt the current style of tournaments were getting a little stale over time and we want to retooling competitions to feel them more exciting and robust.

We will keep you in the loop on any further news here on the forums and stay tuned to the portal and forums for any new tournaments in the future.

This was welcome news, and thank you for the post Quemapueblos.

HOWEVER, much angst on the part of the WoT community could have been avoided if a few sentences explaining the above quote were posted on the tournament page.

We should not have needed the thread.

The same with Campaigns and Clan Wars.

I, and many of my fellow tankers, are asking you to push information to us as quickly as possible.

It doesn't matter if it is vague, e.g. "we know there are problems with in-game chat and we are working to correct the problem. Sorry for then inconvenience."

That way we know that you know and you care about the issue.

COMMUNICATION is all we are asking for.

We understand things come up and plans change.

We understand that programing is not an exact science and sometimes the ghosts-in-the-machine become poltergeists.

Just tell us.

Push the information.

Please, don't make us guess.

Thanks,

~MDM

PS, we are assuming that there will be no Campaign (for "reasons" ), so no cool clan cammo?

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 02 2017 - 16:02.

cardona3 #2 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 16:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19000 battles
If any relationship communication is key, more so in this situation. Sometimes I feel like we are mostly ignored here on NA, and Unless we start a literal riot on the forums, then we get response from you. We shouldn't have to fight for our right as players in this game. Knowledge is power is how the saying goes. Now the one thing that I know is that not everyone gets on the forums because well the forums aren't for everyone..that being said those of us that are..would like to be kept in the loop!

Devildog8 #3 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 16:14

Major

• Players
  • 11377 battles
  • [XILES] XILES
Feel ya bud, we love doing the call to arms on Saturdays I hope they get it going soon, plus CWs are coming in a few days as what I hear and read, so maybe a good turning point

Mad_Dog_Seabee #4 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 17:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14996 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

Most of the Devs and Producers speak English as a second and third language which would make communication between them and their community counter-parts a pain as is. I can understand the lack of transparency. Complaining about this will get you as far as a vegan screaming "MURDER!" in a McDonald's insomuch as you will get a swift punishment.

Stop complaining and appreciate what we have. I wish complaining about the game and the company was bannable.

MacDaddyMatty #5 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 18:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 33654 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Aug 02 2017 - 11:57, said:

Most of the Devs and Producers speak English as a second and third language which would make communication between them and their community counter-parts a pain as is. I can understand the lack of transparency. Complaining about this will get you as far as a vegan screaming "MURDER!" in a McDonald's insomuch as you will get a swift punishment.

Stop complaining and appreciate what we have. I wish complaining about the game and the company was bannable.

I'm not complaining, I'm providing constructive criticism.

You may want to re-read it.

Your metaphor is ridiculous.

dominator_98 #6 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 19:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 23618 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
It would at least be nice if WGNA would tell us what WGNA is planning. Alas, they think they can do whatever, whenever, and not bother giving the playerbase any info and that's all fine. Take wargames in strongholds for example. I would have had no idea those went live if it wasn't for my XO and I read the website daily. Same for the tournaments. As soon as Dance was scheduled to leave, something should have been posted. Not wait until 2-3 days after the last of the tournaments. Sh1t like this is why WGNA has stopped getting my money.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #7 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 19:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14996 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 02 2017 - 10:05, said:

I'm not complaining, I'm providing constructive criticism.

You may want to re-read it.

Your metaphor is ridiculous.

It's a common joke made the majority of the community. Yes, the developers are not Russian or Communist. Just making a joke and even they laugh at it.

If you are offended by by it, then report me. That is why that option exists.

misterwit #8 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 20:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14955 battles
  • [XXII] XXII

This is the issue Wargamming needs to address, period.

The longer we're left to guess their intentions, the more crackpot theories about WG trying to ruin everything you'll see cropping up.

_Gungrave_ #9 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 45784 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View Postcardona3, on Aug 02 2017 - 16:13, said:

If any relationship communication is key, more so in this situation. Sometimes I feel like we are mostly ignored here on NA, and Unless we start a literal riot on the forums, then we get response from you. We shouldn't have to fight for our right as players in this game. Knowledge is power is how the saying goes. Now the one thing that I know is that not everyone gets on the forums because well the forums aren't for everyone..that being said those of us that are..would like to be kept in the loop!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

CabbageMechanic #10 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 20:47

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 9586 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
We appreciate the well-considered feedback and generally agree.  In this case, the matter of tournaments was still being discussed and no final decision about the way forward was made until yesterday.  This isn't really an excuse - the decision should still have been ready sooner - we are working on simplifying some internal processes to better get ahead of similar issues in the future.

landedkiller #11 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 21:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8586 battles
Not the only thing they screwed up and they know it

cardona3 #12 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 21:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19000 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 02 2017 - 14:38, said:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Thanks for a useless comment! 

Skeenaman #13 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 22:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35424 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Aug 02 2017 - 19:06, said:

It would at least be nice if WGNA would tell us what WGNA is planning. Alas, they think they can do whatever, whenever, and not bother giving the playerbase any info and that's all fine. Take wargames in strongholds for example. I would have had no idea those went live if it wasn't for my XO and I read the website daily. Same for the tournaments. As soon as Dance was scheduled to leave, something should have been posted. Not wait until 2-3 days after the last of the tournaments. Sh1t like this is why WGNA has stopped getting my money.

What do you mean by Wargames are live?  I've been on holiday so away from my client.  Or do refer to the couple of test nights that were run with no notice?

HI_FIVE #14 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 23:04

Major

• Players
  • 46041 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
War Games on saturdays at 10 est. Unless they change that too.

dominator_98 #15 Posted Aug 03 2017 - 00:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 23618 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostSkeenaman, on Aug 02 2017 - 15:55, said:

What do you mean by Wargames are live?  I've been on holiday so away from my client.  Or do refer to the couple of test nights that were run with no notice?

I thought those no notice nights were the full version. Thanks again for the helpful and public information, WG.

Skeenaman #16 Posted Aug 03 2017 - 06:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35424 battles

View PostHI_FIVE, on Aug 02 2017 - 23:04, said:

War Games on saturdays at 10 est. Unless they change that too.

Where did you find this info?

Where is the info on advances back to 15v15?

Where is info on War Games gold payout formula?

Where is info and/or feedback thread on the results of the test nights? 

MacDaddyMatty #17 Posted Aug 03 2017 - 12:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 33654 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Aug 02 2017 - 14:47, said:

We appreciate the well-considered feedback and generally agree.  In this case, the matter of tournaments was still being discussed and no final decision about the way forward was made until yesterday.  This isn't really an excuse - the decision should still have been ready sooner - we are working on simplifying some internal processes to better get ahead of similar issues in the future.

Thank you sir!

o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users