Found my random crash fix!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

__Badfinger__ #1 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 13:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17224 battles

I have a one year old MSI GT72s 6QE Dominator Pro G laptop with Windows 10.  In April my computer would get extremely hot when I played WOT until my power supply fuse would blow. This only happened with WOT and none of my other games. After NUMEROUS game reinstalls, and system reformats, and the purchase of a new power supply. I threw in the towel and paid a $100 to ship my computer back to be checked out, they could not find anything wrong.

Upon getting my computer back, now 9.19 was released, now the crashes changed from an all out computer shutdown to the game just randomly closing and restarting itself. I could play for 6 hours or 2 minutes, it was unpredictably random.  I was getting no where with my support ticket, they were fixated on network trouble shooting. Even though my in game meters consistently read 120 fps and 20ms.  I have a long history of working tech support myself in online gaming and was pretty sure I was dealing with a possible driver or hardware conflict with either a WOT update since April or a windows 10 update.

After months researching WOT crashes on the internet I came across a fix that worked for the similar sounding issues for payers on the EU and Chinese servers. Their issue was dx9 not properly installing in the WOT folder. WOT support on those servers sent them a dx9. bat file to drop in their WOT folder. A player on one of those forums posted the file for others to DL.  I have now played every night for 3 days and have yet to experience a crash. I believe this is my fix. I would have liked to share my findings with NA support, but upon telling them I'm going to test this file, they came back and said "glad your issue is fixed and closed my ticket". Apparently my issue was too off script for them. I am almost positive the problem is one of two things, a WOT software issue, or a windows 10 update that was prepping my computer to migrate up to the new Windows 10 Creator.

I was going to upload the bat file for people to try, but on the NA forum, its not permitted. And NA support shows no interested in knowing about the fix.

Google wot_dx9.bat and you will find the file and a lot of chatter around the world on WOT's dx9 issue.

Chikungunya #2 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 13:54

Captain

• Players
  • 8963 battles
Couldn't you just copy/paste the contents of the batch file? Then anyone who needed it could copy it and save it.

Hunk_Ra #3 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 14:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5420 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
WOT_DX9.bat - Google it, Bing it. 

__Badfinger__ #4 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 14:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17224 battles
From what I understand, the issue is a shared memory problem, my systems basically running out of memory running the game. Yet I have a 8 Gb graphics card and 16 GB of ram.   http://dl-support.wargaming.net/wot/ru/diag/wot_dx9.bat

Edited by __Badfinger__, Aug 04 2017 - 14:07.

__Badfinger__ #5 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 22:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17224 battles
well its been almost a week and the game has run with no issues using this bat file. I have since read more that this is a Windows 10 Creator x64 issue with older dx9 games. Apparently x64 has trouble allotting vram and max's out at 4gb with dx9 games.  MS says on their forums that a fix should be included in the Fall update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users