The launcher wont open

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sookeslayer44 #1 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 06:08

Private

• Players
  • 14492 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

I deleted WOT on my mac and now when i tried to re-download it just cuts to a very fast small white screen saying shutting down with a small bar and then closes the application

black_colt #2 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 06:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postsookeslayer44, on Aug 04 2017 - 21:08, said:

I deleted WOT on my mac and now when i tried to re-download it just cuts to a very fast small white screen saying shutting down with a small bar and then closes the application

Not sure what is going on with the DMG file so I am going to recommend that you download and install the Studly Utility from dstud208 and use the Studly Utility to delete and re-download the DMG file.  This has worked very well in the past for me and many other users.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

The following steps will completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and require you to reinstall.

Go to /Documents/WoT and then duplicate your [Replays] folder.  After it is duplicated move that folder to somewhere else - the Desktop is a good place.

The reason for this is we are going to use the Studly Utility to completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and this deletes your [Replays] folder.

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.  Force-quit any world_of_tanks processes by going to [Activity Monitor] and select then force-quit.

Open the Studly Utility - click on [World of Tanks] then [General] - remember that the next step will delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and your Replays - make sure you back up your Replays folder if you want to keep - then click on [Delete Completely]

Click on [OK] in the resulting dialog box

Click on [Live Server] and chose your region - your browser will open and download the game. 

The reason we are doing this is to ensure that you have the latest download.

After the download completes - go to that download location, mount the DMG file, and follow the instructions for installation in the resulting dialog box

After the game has installed - eject the mounted DMG

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and allow it to download any game updates.

Please let the Forum know if this worked and also post your Mac specifications and the version of OS X/macOS you are running.

•  

sookeslayer44 #3 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 06:35

Private

• Players
  • 14492 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
It took a bit of work but what you suggested work thanks !!

black_colt #4 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 17:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postsookeslayer44, on Aug 04 2017 - 21:35, said:

It took a bit of work but what you suggested work thanks !!

Welcome - would you please reply with the specifications of your Mac and the version of OS X/macOS you are running?

The reason for this is help others having the same issue and with the same specs and OS to quickly find possible solutions.

You will find that the Studly Utility is a good app as it can do more than just help you completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper.  If you are so inclined please thank dstud208 for producing the app.

Texas_Vet #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2118 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

Your solution, Black_Colt, worked perfectly for me earlier.

Was a change made for us using the NA servers?  My Mac client is freezing during the "Update Garage" part during the "Authenticate" and "Connect" process.  Something similar to this happened a few days ago, but I was able to get in.  Now it is being difficult and disobedient, just like a golf ball.

No changes were made to my Mac.  Have to 'Force Quit" to exit the W0T client.

MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2016)

Sierra 10.12.6

2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7

16 gb 2133 Mhz LPDDR3 memory

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

Sigh.  Guess it is back to World of Warships for a little while....  Learning not to suck while playing DD's.

black_colt #6 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostTexas_Vet, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:04, said:

Your solution, Black_Colt, worked perfectly for me earlier.

Was a change made for us using the NA servers?  My Mac client is freezing during the "Update Garage" part during the "Authenticate" and "Connect" process.  Something similar to this happened a few days ago, but I was able to get in.  Now it is being difficult and disobedient, just like a golf ball.

No changes were made to my Mac.  Have to 'Force Quit" to exit the W0T client.

MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2016)

Sierra 10.12.6

2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7

16 gb 2133 Mhz LPDDR3 memory

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

Sigh.  Guess it is back to World of Warships for a little while....  Learning not to suck while playing DD's.

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper is closed.

Launch the Studly Utility.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents] - NOTE: There is no confirmation action - just click it once

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and the game should update.

For some users [probably based on their Internet connection] have issues with Torrents are enabled.

Texas_Vet #7 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2118 battles
  • [ECV] ECV
tks.  Will give it a shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users