• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

_Bagheera_ #1 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 30170 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

Foch B:

The Foch B in its current form is going to be too powerful, with a competent player driving it. The potential to completely remove tanks that you catch out of position, combined with the fairly short reload considering it fires 6 shells, high potential view range, and workable frontal armor is a bit much. If you MUST have an autoloader on this machine i would recommend giving it only 4 shells while shortening the reload to something similar to the T57 heavies reload. 

Foch 155.

It's arguably not much better off. It still has horrible gun handling, aim time with a very poor gun arc and a painfully lengthy reload. The reasons we dislike the tank are still painfully there. It needs a faster aim time, and a slightly shorter magazine reload with possibly a shorter time in between shots. 4 seconds would not be out of order, and finally a shell velocity buff. 

M48 Patton

...With the turret buffs and the already great hull armor this thing can easily play as a heavy tank and...completely out brawl even tanks like the IS-7 at short range. Combined with its high dpm, view range, gun depression and incredible gun handling this thing can pretty much do EVERYTHING extremely well. In my opinion it is a little TOO good, Its pretty much as powerful as the T110E5 was after the HD buffs without the disadvantage of having a massive machine gun turret anymore, and even better gun handling. I think the turret armor needs to be toned down a bit around the mantlet or gun, so same teir ap rounds can stil pen it and I dont just walk up to tier 10 heavy tanks and remove them from the game. 

Amx 30 

Completely invalidates the STB. Despite the lack of penetration, the fact that it has MUCH better gun handling than the STB means that more of your shots actually go where you want to. You can snapshot better than the STB, and now you have the highest tier 10 dpm in the game, there is little reason to drive the STB now other than a Situation ally better turret, and better premium ammunition that can punch right through superheavy tanks, yet with 300mm penetration heat ammo i was stll having little issue penetrating the front of type 5 heavy tanks. I also dont have a frontal transmission in the AMX so no more frontal track/engine hits. No reason whatsoever to use the STB over an AMX now. 

30 vs 30 mode

This in my opinion is NOT going to be very popular, as it multiplies the issues we have in the current game by a factor of two. 30 tank lemming trains are a thing, and if 30 tanks suddenly dog pile your base, there is not much you can do to shoot through that much HP before they cap you out.

Tanks with limited ammunition will do poorly in this mode, there is simply too much HP there to chew on. I thought this was going to be the large Objective mode that was hinted at several patches ago, but it is not. Without any means of resupplying ammo, I'm going to leave this mode unchecked if it goes live. 

9435 #2 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 01:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 135 battles
30 X 30 sucks, will not even waist my time in it.

Viper69 #3 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 01:17

Major

• Players
  • 7428 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
30v30 doesn't even sound appealing. 

BrassFire #4 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 02:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2741 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

View Post_Bagheera_, on Aug 06 2017 - 00:28, said:

Foch B:

The Foch B in its current form is going to be too powerful, with a competent player driving it. The potential to completely remove tanks that you catch out of position, combined with the fairly short reload considering it fires 6 shells, high potential view range, and workable frontal armor is a bit much. If you MUST have an autoloader on this machine i would recommend giving it only 4 shells while shortening the reload to something similar to the T57 heavies reload. 

Foch 155.

It's arguably not much better off. It still has horrible gun handling, aim time with a very poor gun arc and a painfully lengthy reload. The reasons we dislike the tank are still painfully there. It needs a faster aim time, and a slightly shorter magazine reload with possibly a shorter time in between shots. 4 seconds would not be out of order, and finally a shell velocity buff. 

M48 Patton

...With the turret buffs and the already great hull armor this thing can easily play as a heavy tank and...completely out brawl even tanks like the IS-7 at short range. Combined with its high dpm, view range, gun depression and incredible gun handling this thing can pretty much do EVERYTHING extremely well. In my opinion it is a little TOO good, Its pretty much as powerful as the T110E5 was after the HD buffs without the disadvantage of having a massive machine gun turret anymore, and even better gun handling. I think the turret armor needs to be toned down a bit around the mantlet or gun, so same teir ap rounds can stil pen it and I dont just walk up to tier 10 heavy tanks and remove them from the game. 

Amx 30 

Completely invalidates the STB. Despite the lack of penetration, the fact that it has MUCH better gun handling than the STB means that more of your shots actually go where you want to. You can snapshot better than the STB, and now you have the highest tier 10 dpm in the game, there is little reason to drive the STB now other than a Situation ally better turret, and better premium ammunition that can punch right through superheavy tanks, yet with 300mm penetration heat ammo i was stll having little issue penetrating the front of type 5 heavy tanks. I also dont have a frontal transmission in the AMX so no more frontal track/engine hits. No reason whatsoever to use the STB over an AMX now. 

30 vs 30 mode

This in my opinion is NOT going to be very popular, as it multiplies the issues we have in the current game by a factor of two. 30 tank lemming trains are a thing, and if 30 tanks suddenly dog pile your base, there is not much you can do to shoot through that much HP before they cap you out.

Tanks with limited ammunition will do poorly in this mode, there is simply too much HP there to chew on. I thought this was going to be the large Objective mode that was hinted at several patches ago, but it is not. Without any means of resupplying ammo, I'm going to leave this mode unchecked if it goes live. 

View Post9435, on Aug 06 2017 - 01:13, said:

30 X 30 sucks, will not even waist my time in it.

View PostViper69, on Aug 06 2017 - 01:17, said:

30v30 doesn't even sound appealing. 

The problem with it right now isn't even ammo or whatever- it's the map being so imbalanced in favor of the south side. I've only seen the north win once or twice in 30+ games on Nebelberg, with every other win going to the south end. When that's the slant of wins to spawns there's something wrong with the map itself...

ArmorStorm #5 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 02:52

Major

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Post_Bagheera_, on Aug 05 2017 - 17:28, said:

Foch B:

Foch 155.

M48 Patton

Amx 30 

30 vs 30 mode

They have imported the Zerg rush from Starcraft?  :facepalm:

_Bagheera_ #6 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 07:16

Major

• Players
  • 30170 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostArmorStorm, on Aug 05 2017 - 19:52, said:

They have imported the Zerg rush from Starcraft?  :facepalm:

1 minute spawning pool bruh.

_Bagheera_ #7 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 07:26

Major

• Players
  • 30170 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostBrassFire, on Aug 05 2017 - 19:47, said:

The problem with it right now isn't even ammo or whatever- it's the map being so imbalanced in favor of the south side. I've only seen the north win once or twice in 30+ games on Nebelberg, with every other win going to the south end. When that's the slant of wins to spawns there's something wrong with the map itself...

Even without the map imbalance Its not the objective mode hinted at serveral patches ago....its just a bunch of teir 10s tossed in a slightly larger map and told to go at it basically. If you know how to draw range snipe you can absolutely have run away games there from certain positions and nobody will be able to get close enough to spot you. 

_Bagheera_ #8 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 07:54

Major

• Players
  • 30170 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

Let me just casually shut down two superheavies in a medium tank...no biggie

Main damage taken was from a type using the I cant aim cannon. Now imagine this top tier vs a bunch of tier 8s.....It would be pretty much unstoppable. My only penetrating AP hit was a cupola shot because i took too long aiming at the shoulder plates. And to make matters even worse, most of the gold I shot at that PZ7 I didnt even need, except for the lower plate shot. I could have murdered the entirety of that tank with just standard AP with complete confidence in my tanks frontal armor...I dont even think I'd drive an E5 to that location....and it wouldn't have worked, because the E5's turret isnt as good nor does it have the gun depression...LOL I can outheavy heavy tanks in a medium. 

Edited by _Bagheera_, Aug 06 2017 - 07:55.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users