• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Mr__Buttons #21 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50913 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View PostLexers615, on Aug 05 2017 - 21:45, said:

Is it me, or is yet another event to promote cheating (read: modding) and reward cheaters (read: modders)?

What mods do you consider cheating?

Bavor #22 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 28328 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Aug 06 2017 - 06:56, said:

99% of the so called good players use mods. They always complain their mods haven't caught up every update.

Where is your data to back that up?

spud_tuber #23 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 19:31

Major

• Players
  • 41843 battles

View PostBavor, on Aug 06 2017 - 09:34, said:

Show us the data to back this up.  I'd love to see it.  

I suppose it depends what someone considers next to no one.  About every other month or so, someone will show how many times various cheat mods claim they've been downloaded since the last patch, and compare it to server population numbers.  I think the worst case scenario I personally saw argued that didn't cheat with the server numbers somehow was still less than 5%, but the best case scenario I saw argued was still over 1%.  So, if your criteria for "next to no one" is <1%... 

I'm not about to go trying to dig any of these posts up, especially considering some got locked, and I didn't look at all of them, so take the above with a grain of salt.  Unfortunately, I doubt the poster you quoted will respond with any actual data either.   

dunniteowl #24 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 19:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 18414 battles

It's you, I'm pretty sure.  There is no grand conspiracy.  This game in large part when it comes to rewards and who gets them, imitates life a lot.

Some folks pay for their accounts, all the advantages they can get and they earn more XP/Credits much faster than a standard account.  They're paying for that specific advantage.  That won't necessarily make them better players or to get the rewards any faster other than as a sort of 'baseline' consideration for any other player of their same skill level and experience overall.

Winning many of these rewards, I can attest -- with the 3 days of Premium we all got gifted -- is faster and easier than with my standard account.  That said, I was doing pretty okay winning the awards for the Events and Missions already.  You get an advantage and it makes things easier -- for you.  It doesn't mean someone else is getting reamed or is being cheated.

It absolutely has nothing to do with modding or cheating as you imply.  In this case, the only modification that might be different generally lies between the keyboard and chair.  All the rest is variables of challenge.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Peak_Bagger #25 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8492 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
Reward for cheating? I'm going to get a free Tier VI tank. I'm a bad player who occasionally has a great game (got 5K towards the Valedictorian in 1 game this morning). No cheating necessary. Just trying my best. I'm now at 18K and counting!

Guido1212 #26 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 71648 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 05:07, said:

So you basically claim the 50k xp for topmost earner doesnt reward modders in any way?

What's a "modder"?

Someone who makes them?  Or someone who uses them?  Are you including legal ones in your screed, illegal ones, or both?

I finished it already.  I play vanilla.  Plenty of evidence of that on my Twitch channel.  Lot's of players ten times better than me run vanilla as well.  Of course, there's nothing wrong with running some legal mods if one wants to.

the answer to your question is no they are not a reward for modders (whatever that is), these missions are so easy a caveman could do it.  They reward time and effort at knocking out some pretty simple things.

Peak_Bagger #27 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8492 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 06 2017 - 20:07, said:

What's a "modder"?

Someone who makes them?  Or someone who uses them?  Are you including legal ones in your screed, illegal ones, or both?

I finished it already.  I play vanilla.  Plenty of evidence of that on my Twitch channel.  Lot's of players ten times better than me run vanilla as well.  Of course, there's nothing wrong with running some legal mods if one wants to.

the answer to your question is no they are not a reward for modders (whatever that is), these missions are so easy a caveman could do it.  They reward time and effort at knocking out some pretty simple things.

If there are players ten times better than you around, I never want to face them on the battlefield!

Doomslinger #28 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 60585 battles

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Aug 06 2017 - 07:56, said:

99% of the so called good players use mods. They always complain their mods haven't caught up every update.

Funny thing is that I watch replays, vids and streams of players of all skill levels. Take a guess who has the most mods with their screens all cluttered up with just about every mod you can get and guess which players have a more "minimal" setup for mods or no mods at all? Hint: It is not the above average and good players with mod cluttered screens. I will believe what I see with my own eyes and not what someone posts on these forums with no proof of who uses mods the most. Same for using gold rounds. You all like to say that the good players spam gold rounds but in fact, the complete opposite is true. Good players choose when to use gold rounds and don't use them if not needed. Bad player spam gold rounds even when not needed. The in game damage received logs proved that to me. I have had tomatoes shooting gold rounds at my paper armor tanks even at close ranges where it was not needed. Again, I will believe what I see, not what some forum posters claims is true.

Lexers615 #29 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13629 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View Postshaggy996, on Aug 06 2017 - 03:17, said:

You are wrong on a few different things.

You think all mods are cheats. This is fundamentally wrong. WG has a list of illegal mods. Most mods are legal and any of the regular mod pacs are legal. Mods don't make you play better. They don't allow you to shoot better or through anything. They dont give you better camo or let you see through camo. Really none of the things most bad players blame on mods. They dont do any of it. There are some illegal mods out there but they are far more rare to see in use than players like your self always think. You making up that mods are cheats doesnt make it so.

You think all good players use mods, its the only reason they beat you. This again is wrong on the most basic levels. The players in the WGLNA  that are the top players in the game never run mods. Most of the streamers don't run mods and they are normally very good players. Of regular good players its a mix, some do some don't, but its not cheating so it really doesn't matter. 

The fact that you don't understand the basic rules of the game is no ones problem but your own.

You don't understand the mechanics of the game like Camo and how to aim shots or how to use your armor in a fight are why you don't win more. The ability to look at the map and see where the other teams tanks are and know that there are only a few tanks on your side. To see that a tank is coming up behind you. these are reasons I see every day that players of your level fail to do. Knowing when to cap and not suicide on the last of their team. 

I stoped reading your crappy copy and past BS after the first very few words...

THe only illegal mod is Warpack, and it's only because it's a breach of copyright laws, as a third party is making money using somebody else intellectual property. It has nothing to do with WG caring about the fairness of the game

largeelvis #30 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11281 battles

Block Quote

XVM, which seems to be the most hated mod, does not teach you how to hull down, side scrap, judge lead time vs shell speed, properly use a bush, handbreak, circle, etc. In battle it gives some additional team composition intel and cleans up some ui elements. That's about it. It won't miraculously convert a 200 win8 player into a 800 or a 1200 into a 3000. 

Handbrake?

Rocketmandb #31 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:46

Captain

• Players
  • 46697 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 06:22, said:

...and all modders like you think only mods allow the whole world to see how good they are...

... trolls these days...

I'm a modder - and therefore I am a cheat. The mod that paints premium tanks in my garage gives me a massive advantage in battle. The mod that tracks my damage during a battle makes me do a ton more damage. The one that puts names on tanks on the minimap is a huge advantage - I mean huge. Oh wait that one they put in the game...

Lexers615 #32 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13629 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostRocketmandb, on Aug 06 2017 - 14:46, said:

I'm a modder - and therefore I am a cheat. The mod that paints premium tanks in my garage gives me a massive advantage in battle. The mod that tracks my damage during a battle makes me do a ton more damage. The one that puts names on tanks on the minimap is a huge advantage - I mean huge. Oh wait that one they put in the game...

lol!!! The usual modders falacy... "Aimbot is good and fair as it's a mod and I use the garage clock mod!"

Lexers615 #33 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 20:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13629 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostShaolinWombat, on Aug 06 2017 - 11:22, said:

XVM, which seems to be the most hated mod, does not teach you how to hull down, side scrap, judge lead time vs shell speed, properly use a bush, handbreak, circle, etc. In battle it gives some additional team composition intel and cleans up some ui elements. That's about it. It won't miraculously convert a 200 win8 player into a 800 or a 1200 into a 3000.

XVM has absolutely no legit use but it's not the "most hated mod"... Aimbot is, and plenty other ones follows, like th auto angulators, auto selectors, and the various auto chat spammers...

ThePigSheFlies #34 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostLexers615, on Aug 05 2017 - 21:45, said:

Is it me, or is yet another event to promote cheating (read: modding) and reward cheaters (read: modders)?

yes, I'm very much in agreement that it's you...

Rocketmandb #35 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 22:51

Captain

• Players
  • 46697 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 19:52, said:

lol!!! The usual modders falacy... "Aimbot is good and fair as it's a mod and I use the garage clock mod!"

Perhaps you should go back to grade school and lern sum reeding commpreeheshun... 

Did I say aimbots were good? You lumped all people who use mods into one bucket: cheaters

But then why am I responding to someone with such limited mental faculties... sigh

lukzomg1 #36 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38823 battles

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Aug 06 2017 - 11:43, said:

Reward the better players ! LOL You mean reward the cheating mod users !

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Aug 06 2017 - 11:56, said:

I already addressed your nonsense claims on other thread but you're still to dense to get it or reply to them because you're full of the smelly stuff.  Tons of super unicums streamers that you see live on streams dont use any or very few mods.... And where is the PROOF for your claims that 99% of good players use mods?  No, your feelings about it, are not proof, snowflake.  You need facts.  Also why dont you do an experiment.  Install all these mods and see they will allow you to become a unicum over night? Please post your results here so we can all have a good laugh at you.  When will bads like you get it thru your heads that just because somebody has a capability to LEARN and IMPROVE,  doesnt mean they are cheating.  All they are doing is using their brains.  You should try doing the same althou if you were not able to do that after over 66000 battles, i dont think there is hope for you.  

lukzomg1 #37 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 23:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38823 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 19:52, said:

Once again, why dont you install all those mods and become the unicum over night just to prove your point?  Oh thats right, you wont because you're know you're full of crap.  Tons of super unicums stream with no mods that make a difference to their game play and you're still lying and making nonsense up to make your self feel better about your complete failure.  You're not good enough to be as good as them, so you're going to make up nonsense lies to make them look bad....pathetic.

shaggy996 #38 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 02:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38973 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 11:26, said:

I stoped reading your crappy copy and past BS after the first very few words...

THe only illegal mod is Warpack, and it's only because it's a breach of copyright laws, as a third party is making money using somebody else intellectual property. It has nothing to do with WG caring about the fairness of the game

Your ignorance is staggering.  There is a list of mods and mod types that are illegal. Warpack is an illegal mod pack consisting of lots of mods. You also have to pay for warpack. I think its a monthly fee.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/forbidden-mods/

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 11:52, said:

Aimbot is an illegal mod and not found in any of the standard mod packs. I dont think this is nearly as common as the bad players think it is. I have only seen a few cases where I know it was being used and these were by moderate to bad players. 

View PostLexers615, on Aug 06 2017 - 11:56, said:

XVM has absolutely no legit use but it's not the "most hated mod"... Aimbot is, and plenty other ones follows, like th auto angulators, auto selectors, and the various auto chat spammers...

What the hell are auto angulators, auto selectors and auto chat spammers and how would a chat spammer help you play better?

This is actually kind of interesting to see how the mind of a tomato works. Its a glimpse into a dark murky world. lol

Lexers615 #39 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 02:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13629 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
Well I see the very same handful of trolls (using multiple accounts) all claiming mods are harmless but fighting fiercely and fallaciously to keep all mods legit. If mods really had no impact as you claim, then why oppose their banning and why spend you whole weekend on troll patrol on the forum to harass honest players openly asking the game to be mod free?

Lexers615 #40 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 02:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13629 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

@shaggy996 Your post is unworthy to be quoted so I'll just address the key point of you fallacious reply... The list you provided was given as an example. In fact, the only mod that is fought and warrants a ban is Warpack, and it's only because it's a copyright breach (read: That guy refuses to pay for a license, so any income he gets is unlawful). So WG protects its intellectual property by making sure no one else but them makes any money out of their games (which by the way is 100% legit). All other so called "penalized mods" are not enforced... If you want to double check, Google for Warpack, and you'll find out that that guy was boasting about his sales at some point in the past. And the number of bans issued in the regular posts more or less matches those numbers. So NO using aimbot does not and will not get any one banned... Just go on Youtube and see all the replays posted where people open use aimbot, and then look for those guys... They are all still very active, and are all unis or super unis... Yet you keep your lie machine (read: your mouth)  going on that mods do not impact performance...

Pretty much everything else you said isn't even worthy of a schoolyard bully (which you most likely are) so I won't entertain the sexual pleasure you get from trolling ("There's a pron for that!" )...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users