• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

warrends #1 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 23:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 18851 battles

Just found this:

View PostOwenGlendower, on May 29 2014 - 08:21, said:

What do you mean by "the translation"? Do you mean the text that is displayed in the game client? If so, that's an easy fix. Simply copy the res\text folder from the EU client to the NA client.

If you mean the in-game audio ("that one bounced!") then do the same with the res\audio folder.

Been playing here on the NA server since mid-2011 or so. Long ago I started an account on the RU server as well, just for fun. And long ago with each patch/update all I had to do was to copy 2-3 folders from the NA version of Tanks and overwrite them on the RU version. This is what OwenGlendower says above (from a different recent thread). Is this still the case? Is it still that simple? I'm seeing two sets of folders:

• ...\res\audioww
  • ...\res\\text and subfolders

TIA for any help.

Edit: I'm just now downloading the RU version on my new rig, so would like to hop into my first battle being able to read and hear in English.

Edited by warrends, Aug 07 2017 - 23:35.

riff_ #2 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 23:52

Major

• Players
  • 25327 battles

Unless I am missing something here, which is a possibility,  I have trouble with the NA server.  I can only imagine what it would be like with a server in Russia. :)

warrends #3 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 22:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 18851 battles
So it worked. Simply renamed the two original folders in my OP above and then copied those same from the NA folder. Thanks for the help riff_. Couldn't have done it without you. And my ping is around 100, so no problem at all. Try using a computer from the 21st century and maybe you'll be able to play too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users