Jump to content


Season 6 Clan Wars


  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Da1niper #1 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 23:57

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17756 battles
  • 39
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

So, what I am seeing here...

Tier 10 only

Increase the tier 10 map by 70%,

Tank locking for 72 hours

Small clans (Edit: Less developed clans or consisting of players who cannot play 5-7 days a week.) are getting hosed.

Pretty sure we are just gonna walk away from WG.

 


Edited by Da1niper, Aug 08 2017 - 00:24.


Shotsure #2 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:00

    Private

  • Players
  • 32372 battles
  • 3
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    02-10-2013

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 07 2017 - 22:57, said:

So, what I am seeing here...

Tier 10 only

Increase the tier 10 map by 70%,

Tank locking for 72 hours

Small clans are getting hosed.

Pretty sure we are just gonna walk away from WG.

 

 

Just read the rules, no tier 6's, no tier 8's, this the worst ever. 

 

screw the small clans

 

No way can a small clan can compete. 

 

its over.



BDW_War #3 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:03

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 24888 battles
  • 2
  • [ALL] ALL
  • Member since:
    06-14-2014

Not only smaller and new clans, but even a lot of them have been around won't be able to come up enough Tier X tanks, and even if they can, they may only have a couple and once their locked they will have to set out for days. Just another fail by WG/WOT where the rich get richer. Top clans will  make a fortune on this.

 



Nixeldon #4 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 52500 battles
  • 1,258
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011
There was no shortage of clan activity before tier 6 and 8 were added.

Redwave11 #5 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16107 battles
  • 341
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

The size of the clan doesn't impact how competitive you can be. If you have 15 players on every night with 10 tier X's each you should be able to play 3-4 battles a night even when accounting for tank locking. You could play even more if you had a high winrate in those battles.

 

 



Redwave11 #6 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:11

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16107 battles
  • 341
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 08 2017 - 08:57, said:

So, what I am seeing here...

Tier 10 only

Increase the tier 10 map by 70%,

Tank locking for 72 hours

Small clans are getting hosed.

Pretty sure we are just gonna walk away from WG.

 

 

Calls his clan 'small' yet has 97 members with an average battle count of 20K

 

Getting players and tanks for battles shouldn't be an issue for you



Dirizon #7 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 25891 battles
  • 3,329
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

l can understand certain people frustrations and disgust....

But people, this is how it in fact started years ago. The #1 target goal of a clan, is to field tier Xs and compete against other clans doing the same. ln doing so, a clan should have appropriate recruitment, staff, and quartermasters to urge clan mates and people into getting the T X equipment, and attendance.  Remember, although many T X are better than others,  there are no true terrible useless T X,  a T X is a T X and 1 more to someone or clans that D0N'T HAVE that T X.

lf your clan is casual and for friends linking up and gaming, that is fine. All the power to you folks. But you shouldn't be complaining about missing out in competitive CW then. 

Go take part in strongholds. 

 

 



Roccandil #8 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:14

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • 255
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

View PostBDW_War, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:03, said:

Not only smaller and new clans, but even a lot of them have been around won't be able to come up enough Tier X tanks, and even if they can, they may only have a couple and once their locked they will have to set out for days. Just another fail by WG/WOT where the rich get richer. Top clans will  make a fortune on this.

 

 

Only if you battle for territory. If you stick strictly to landing zone tourneys, tanks won't be locked out.

 

Also, a -lot- of mission gold is up for grabs (way more than could be earned owning land at T6) and regular clans won't need to beat top clans to get it. All they'll need to do is field teams in those same landing zone tourneys. The top clans will take the territory (riskier from a tank lockout perspective, but more rewarding for gold), and the other clans will battle in the tourneys.

 

So, even lesser clans with one T10 tank per player should be able to get wins and gold (as well as experience in T10 clan wars), because if they do it right, they'll mostly be facing other clans with the same limitations.

 

It -will- be interesting to see if there's too much territory for the top clans to take it all...



mojave #9 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22257 battles
  • 198
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
Can people in lower skilled clans please stop saying small. You are in a small clan if you are at a low member count. You are not a small clan if you arent as good as the better clans in this game while having a near full member count

Da1niper #10 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17756 battles
  • 39
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View PostDirizon, on Aug 07 2017 - 23:12, said:

l can understand certain people frustrations and disgust....

But people, this is how it in fact started years ago.

 

 

View PostRedwave11, on Aug 07 2017 - 23:11, said:

 

Calls his clan 'small' yet has 97 members with an average battle count of 20K

 

Getting players and tanks for battles shouldn't be an issue for you

 

This is true, I remeber those days, but we have developed our clan, and recruited for our clan to participate in tier 8 and tier 6. To give us 48 hours to set up for 10's, which hasnt been our focus in a while, is going to be difficult. At our peak in the last CW Season, we could only field at most 25  players an evening. We are a community of players that does not have a requirement to be on 5-7 days a week. We play when we can and enjoy being as competitive as we can where we are. But that isnt an option anymore.



Dirizon #11 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 25891 battles
  • 3,329
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

And yes, yes, l realize there are poorer T X choices and weaker ones. For instance an AMX3O or Leo 1 or FV4K5, Jag Pz E,  and SPGs may not seem too useful or effective.  But those are still a choice available, when none other T X are around, or players commonly selected are missing. 

l have thousands of games with relatively few T Xs, but l am starting to rack them up now. That should be any Clan participants goal, as to not only do very well and responsible in CW, but to acquire the most equipment and reasonably quickly, as to be an asset to the clan itself. 

 



Da1niper #12 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:22

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17756 battles
  • 39
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View Postmojave, on Aug 07 2017 - 23:16, said:

Can people in lower skilled clans please stop saying small. You are in a small clan if you are at a low member count. You are not a small clan if you arent as good as the better clans in this game while having a near full member count

 

Good point, I dont have a problem saying that we cannot play 5-7 days a week, and we arent as developed, instead of calling ourselves small. But we still have a large group that are away from the game; college, deployed, working, ect. Its practically asking us to cut ties with players we have had for a while.

Panzerkind #13 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30254 battles
  • 1,824
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012
Heaven forbid they implement a system in which the best clans prevail.

Everyone needs a trophy!!! :child:

BigDollarBillz #14 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33885 battles
  • 1,748
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostBDW_War, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:03, said:

Not only smaller and new clans, but even a lot of them have been around won't be able to come up enough Tier X tanks, and even if they can, they may only have a couple and once their locked they will have to set out for days. Just another fail by WG/WOT where the rich get richer. Top clans will  make a fortune on this.

 

 

Tanks that get locked out can be used up until the final battle for the land.

Exzellenz #15 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 49563 battles
  • 45
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011
Being in a Tier VI clan whose members have invested at this level the changes required to realign to Tier X for those of our membership who even have X's is insane. The cost of moving crews, lack of experience at this level, huge increase in cost to play and with the Team sizes required we are at a serious disadvantage. Is WG TRYING to piss us all off?? We try to help people build up and hope to advance to Tier X. Being in CW at Tier VI provides experience, provides a small Gold payout and whets the desire to advance. Having this taken away will seriously damage morale and encourage departure to more rewarding games. Shields up, now the more advanced well payed players can begin the trash talk in rebuttal.

Exzellenz #16 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 49563 battles
  • 45
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011
AND NO TOURNAMENTS OTHER THAN TIER X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Are you people complete MORONS?? Your lower Tier player base is going to absolutely evaporate.

Da1niper #17 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:34

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17756 battles
  • 39
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Aug 07 2017 - 23:28, said:

 

Tanks that get locked out can be used up until the final battle for the land.

 

A lot of good that does them if they actually want to win if they are limited in tier 10 and lost against a land owner the night before.

Panzerkind #18 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30254 battles
  • 1,824
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostExzellenz, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:33, said:

 Your lower Tier player base 

 

Isn't this just a nicer way to say "low skill"?



BigDollarBillz #19 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33885 battles
  • 1,748
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:34, said:

 

A lot of good that does them if they actually want to win if they are limited in tier 10 and lost against a land owner the night before.

 

This should get people back to grinding tier 10s. For those who are causal players or just a bunch of friends, that is what strongholds should be used for. Here lately there hasn't been a reason for people to grind tier 10s, much less play them. Besides WG said this doesn't mean they won't bring back tier 6 and 8 cws. Looks to me that they listened to the majority of the player base and went back to tier 10 only.

Redwave11 #20 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:43

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16107 battles
  • 341
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View PostExzellenz, on Aug 08 2017 - 09:28, said:

Being in a Tier VI clan whose members have invested at this level the changes required to realign to Tier X for those of our membership who even have X's is insane. The cost of moving crews, lack of experience at this level, huge increase in cost to play and with the Team sizes required we are at a serious disadvantage. Is WG TRYING to piss us all off?? We try to help people build up and hope to advance to Tier X. Being in CW at Tier VI provides experience, provides a small Gold payout and whets the desire to advance. Having this taken away will seriously damage morale and encourage departure to more rewarding games. Shields up, now the more advanced well payed players can begin the trash talk in rebuttal.

 

Investment in tier 6? Right...

Lack of experience, sure. but you aren't going to get experience if you stay at tier 6

Increase in cost to play. Time to use all the credits you have been saving from playing low tiers

Team sizes required, it should not be too difficult for you to form 1 team a night

 

The way i see it is WG has incentivised tier 10 again this should encourage players to earn high tier tanks rather than settling at lower tiers. By forcing players to move up the tiers and consequently play against stronger opponents, maybe players will also feel the need to improve. It will likely be a tough transition but you have to remember that the clans you have been playing at tier 6 and 8 will also be trying to play at tier 10, so its not like you will be playing top 10 clans every battle.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users