Jump to content


Season 6 Clan Wars


  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

mojave #181 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 22:28

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22655 battles
  • 206
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View Postroten1, on Aug 14 2017 - 21:02, said:

 

​no you don't choose, the map will settle with 6 to 8 clans and maybe a few open landing zones for clans to fight over but the main map will be set and wont change until its over. so you will fight the clan holding that time zone or the time zone beside you,  since time zones have like 3 landing zones there's not much worry about a random clan grabbing a landing zone and attacking from within the territory, so the only true battles will be against the top clans holding the property and since most of these clan said it was about the competition you guys should be fielding 6 teams a night if its about the competition. so we will all see what this tier 10 is about" more property for the big clans to sit and farm gold or its about the competition and you guys are going to wreck each other only time will tell.

All we know for sure is you wont be wrecking anyone



Llorunis #182 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 19:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 36489 battles
  • 50
  • [DPLG] DPLG
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

So in short, anyone with a clan large enough to accommodate this change or already part of clan wars, is simply here to egg people on to get them to come challenge them. Fair enough, you love the game, it makes sense you want people to play agianst.

 

So do we, some of us were comfortable in terms of population, we will be hard pressed to hold land and attack with requirements of 15 to hold and 15 to attack on a night to night basis. We were running 21 people and doing great with 7 to 10 man requirements.

 

More importantly, once again, this info is for Wargaming, I came here for them, and other people like myself. If you are doing great, I am happy for you. 



welcometoezgames #183 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 21:24

    Corporal

  • WGLNA Silver League Player
  • 17307 battles
  • 41
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    09-03-2011

View PostLlorunis, on Aug 16 2017 - 13:49, said:

So in short, anyone with a clan large enough to accommodate this change or already part of clan wars, is simply here to egg people on to get them to come challenge them. Fair enough, you love the game, it makes sense you want people to play agianst.

 

So do we, some of us were comfortable in terms of population, we will be hard pressed to hold land and attack with requirements of 15 to hold and 15 to attack on a night to night basis. We were running 21 people and doing great with 7 to 10 man requirements.

 

More importantly, once again, this info is for Wargaming, I came here for them, and other people like myself. If you are doing great, I am happy for you. 

 

It would def help if you guys had more than 66 members :)

Llorunis #184 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 22:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 36489 battles
  • 50
  • [DPLG] DPLG
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

Maybe,

30 days ago that was not an issue. I did not need more people, we were all excited to have fun. 

 

Right now clan recruiting is something that has tuned up, with a much slimmer player base.

 

I really appreciate that more people are attempting empathy, but to understand you need to be there. Clans like Relic, G, and other such clans are ready to go, and have a great legacy. Congratulations, and you can weather change. 

 

I am sorry, I just stopped caring...Shrug...I just don't see anyone I was hoping to impact replying, and the number of people who do not have anything to lose making comments just underscores this entire moment. It is after all just a game, something all of us looked forward too.



roten1 #185 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 00:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30616 battles
  • 187
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
  • Member since:
    04-04-2013

View PostRedwave11, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:43, said:

 

Investment in tier 6? Right...

Lack of experience, sure. but you aren't going to get experience if you stay at tier 6

Increase in cost to play. Time to use all the credits you have been saving from playing low tiers

Team sizes required, it should not be too difficult for you to form 1 team a night

 

The way i see it is WG has incentivised tier 10 again this should encourage players to earn high tier tanks rather than settling at lower tiers. By forcing players to move up the tiers and consequently play against stronger opponents, maybe players will also feel the need to improve. It will likely be a tough transition but you have to remember that the clans you have been playing at tier 6 and 8 will also be trying to play at tier 10, so its not like you will be playing top 10 clans every battle.

 

​well that's where you are wrong, a lot of the higher up clans are working on clan tasks so the landing zones are full of higher ranked clans, so they will be facing them every night I know because we face them every night, we put our best effort at it but they are there, we have grabbed some property but we pull off since most of the landing zones are swamped every night and if you want clan tasks rewards you have to hit and run, but yeah they will face better and stronger clans but if you want to improve this is what it takes.

roten1 #186 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 00:40

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30616 battles
  • 187
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
  • Member since:
    04-04-2013

View Postmojave, on Aug 14 2017 - 16:28, said:

All we know for sure is you wont be wrecking anyone

 

​well that's were ur wrong my friend we have already wrecked 15 clan landing zones and have taking property, and we will continue to do so and we will start looking for ur landing zones if you guys have any so we can drop in on you.:izmena:

mojave #187 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 01:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22655 battles
  • 206
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View Postroten1, on Aug 16 2017 - 23:40, said:

 

​well that's were ur wrong my friend we have already wrecked 15 clan landing zones and have taking property, and we will continue to do so and we will start looking for ur landing zones if you guys have any so we can drop in on you.:izmena:

I will be looking for you come september. o7 for actually wanting to fight.



Scrap_Iron3 #188 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 17:48

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 57945 battles
  • 2
  • [FORTI] FORTI
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014
More pandering to the elite players.  All you stated was what Tier 10 will do for these elite players, players that have tier 10 tanks. Nothing that clarified why you are discontinuing tier 6 and 8. Some players don't care or can't afford or have the time to grind up to tier 10.  It is not fair to the players that enjoyed the tier 6 and 8 clan wars.  You are going to lose a lot of support for this game.  Hope you can afford it.  I myself am considering quitting this game.  I will wait and see if these negative comments you are receiving will have an impact on this nonsense. 

mojave #189 Posted Aug 18 2017 - 00:02

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22655 battles
  • 206
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostScrap_Iron3, on Aug 17 2017 - 16:48, said:

More pandering to the elite players.  All you stated was what Tier 10 will do for these elite players, players that have tier 10 tanks. Nothing that clarified why you are discontinuing tier 6 and 8. Some players don't care or can't afford or have the time to grind up to tier 10.  It is not fair to the players that enjoyed the tier 6 and 8 clan wars.  You are going to lose a lot of support for this game.  Hope you can afford it.  I myself am considering quitting this game.  I will wait and see if these negative comments you are receiving will have an impact on this nonsense. 

 

You have 54000 games with plenty of tier tens. The change to only tier ten did not hurt your ability to play clan wars. What it did hurt was your ability to take advantage of a system designed for people who did not yet have tier ten vehicles to play clan wars. If you enjoyed tier 6 or 8 clan wars it wasnt because wargamong offered an alternative competitive format but rather because you had a place to beat up on new less experienced players. 

Huck_ #190 Posted Aug 18 2017 - 00:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 34188 battles
  • 3,136
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011

View PostScrap_Iron3, on Aug 17 2017 - 11:48, said:

  I myself am considering quitting this game. 

 

You should have quit the game 50,000 battles ago. You are the poster child for why tier 6 clan wars needed to be removed. The only question is what color paint chip did you snack on while beating up on new players and terribads?



Da1niper #191 Posted Aug 22 2017 - 01:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17837 battles
  • 39
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 08 2017 - 02:04, said:

Gonna call it now, in a weeks time, the map will be stagnant, about 20 clans, probably the guys defending this here; VILIN, OTTER, RELIC (all of 7 of you or however many there are), CLAWS, YOUJO, FD_UP, ect... will have most if not all of the tier 10 map owned and it will go stagnant. We all saw the tier 10 map last season and thats exactly what happened.

 

I was wrong, took 10 days and ONLY 11 clans own most of the map. and I went 6 for 6 on who I picked.

Roccandil #192 Posted Aug 22 2017 - 01:55

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • 257
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 21 2017 - 19:30, said:

 

I was wrong, took 10 days and ONLY 11 clans own most of the map. and I went 6 for 6 on who I picked.

 

I see more than I anticipated, though, and it -is- a small map.

raymee101 #193 Posted Aug 22 2017 - 21:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 54254 battles
  • 166
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012
Yeah the land was gobbled up fast, just gotta chip and move a lot and find good targets to hit.  And of course try to avoid the G farmers that are targeting all the low and mid end clans.  

Yankee #194 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 12:08

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33977 battles
  • 9,853
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
Wait, am I supposed to farm or fight? You've got me confused

60_percnt_wrks_everytime #195 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 13:47

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1596 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    04-03-2017

View PostYankee, on Aug 23 2017 - 12:08, said:

Wait, am I supposed to farm or fight? You've got me confused

 

Sure, go ahead and pretend to be obtuse and cover it up with sarcastic quips. How about an honest answer for once: Why do the top clans never face each other in battle? Once again, you all conveniently arranged yourselves around the map, carefully stepping around each other, yes I know G hasn't really "landed" anywhere yet but I'll bet a nickel that once you decide to, there will magically appear a 12 province spot and it won't be taken from Mahou or Vilin or etc...

Yankee #196 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 13:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33977 battles
  • 9,853
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
Because there is no reason to fight the other top clans on the global map. We have many other opportunities to measure ourselves vs the other clans, such as advances and the ongoing clan cup.



poi_poi_oniichan #197 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 15:40

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7523 battles
  • 143
  • Member since:
    08-06-2013

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on Aug 24 2017 - 08:47, said:

 

Sure, go ahead and pretend to be obtuse and cover it up with sarcastic quips. How about an honest answer for once: Why do the top clans never face each other in battle? Once again, you all conveniently arranged yourselves around the map, carefully stepping around each other, yes I know G hasn't really "landed" anywhere yet but I'll bet a nickel that once you decide to, there will magically appear a 12 province spot and it won't be taken from Mahou or Vilin or etc...

 

Why do you care?

 

-Not in a clan, and won't be at the level -G-/VILIN/RELIC/HAVOK/etc are at in terms of in-game vehicles for some time

-Less than 1k battles, which would indicate to me (at least) that you have no real experience with organized/competitive Tanks outside of what you've read and watched. Unless you're a reroll, at which point you're doing a bad job of that

-Coming across as a prick, which in turn would explain why no one wants to give you an answer

 

Altogether we get:

 

Who are you, and why should we actually care what you think at this point?


Edited by HURR_DURR_TASTY_WINDOWS, Aug 24 2017 - 15:41.


60_percnt_wrks_everytime #198 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 18:53

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1596 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    04-03-2017

View PostHURR_DURR_TASTY_WINDOWS, on Aug 24 2017 - 15:40, said:

 

Why do you care?

 

-Not in a clan, and won't be at the level -G-/VILIN/RELIC/HAVOK/etc are at in terms of in-game vehicles for some time

-Less than 1k battles, which would indicate to me (at least) that you have no real experience with organized/competitive Tanks outside of what you've read and watched. Unless you're a reroll, at which point you're doing a bad job of that

-Coming across as a prick, which in turn would explain why no one wants to give you an answer

 

Altogether we get:

 

Who are you, and why should we actually care what you think at this point?

 

Sup fanboi! Obviously you care, otherwise you wouldn't be responding. No need to jump in to defend Yankee, he's a big girl and can certainly handle a forum conversation. Unlike the movies, jumping in a bar argument is likely to get your butt handed to you by both parties. Having said all that, your recent 1243 is significantly higher than your 978 overall, well done and keep up the positive trend. Always glad to see a fellow tanker improving his game, I hope to be at your level some day...

emodude #199 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 15:23

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20024 battles
  • 39
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
my $.02. my clan dominated ( top 15) tier 6. we planned on going to tier 8 next to get our skill level up. learn calling strategy at that tier. and overall just try to get better. Since finding out tier 10 which we werent ready for. some clan members had only one tier x tank. yea we still have clanwars every night but while having some success. we usually only win 1-2 fights then get beat out. yea i get you big boy clans saying this map has lots of opportunities. but for the guy who was successful last season on tier 6. making a move to tier x from that is difficult. completely different strategy compared to tier 6. and gold at tier 6 some of us were making 1k to 1.5k a day... so i dont think so on the making way more than tier 6 by doing missions. maybe compared to some clans at the tier. i get wg attempt here. i just dont agree with it. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users