Season 6 Clan Wars

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

one_fifty #21 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 41939 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA
Because someone doesn't play 10's he is a low skill player? Come on, we know the work that goes into grinding up for a 10. With the previous season those with tier 6and 8 tanks were playing and improving their crew skills, i.e. no grind for 10's. For those of you in a clan with one or two 10's per player good luck and back to the grind. For those of you in the top 10% I guess it's business as usual right, farm?

Exzellenz #22 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 49563 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostPanzerkind, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:37, said:

Isn't this just a nicer way to say "low skill"?

No it is a way of identifying new players that are needed to keep this game alive. I hope you can grasp the concept from your exalted position.

Edited by Exzellenz, Aug 08 2017 - 01:20.

Panzerkind #23 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:26

Captain

• Players
  • 30254 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostExzellenz, on Aug 07 2017 - 19:19, said:

No it is a way of identifying new players that are needed to keep this game alive. I hope you can grasp the concept from your exalted position.

Is it fair to say that you are not a "new player" when you have 20K battles like most people in your clan?

Da1niper #24 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 17756 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostPanzerkind, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:26, said:

Is it fair to say that you are not a "new player" when you have 20K battles like most people in your clan?

Business as usual for YOUJO.

Panzerkind #25 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:43

Captain

• Players
  • 30254 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 07 2017 - 19:31, said:

Business as usual for YOUJO.

Am I wrong to say that someone who can't compete at tier 10 despite having 20k battles is not a "new" player but a "bad" player?

Skeenaman #26 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32874 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

I think tier 6 in CW seems silly.  You just aren't going to learn anything about tier X gameplay from doing tier 6.  

Throwing tier 8 up in the arctic or central america seems reasonable as it would be similar to what the RU server is doing in Africa and the gameplay is more similar to what happens in tier X.

Da1niper #27 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 17756 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostPanzerkind, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:43, said:

Am I wrong to say that someone who can't compete at tier 10 despite having 20k battles is not a "new" player but a "bad" player?

I dont recall where anyone has said they they personally cant play at the tier 10 level. Only that the clan as whole cannot, or a percentage of the playerbase in a clan cant.

mojave #28 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22255 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:54, said:

I dont recall where anyone has said they they personally cant play at the tier 10 level. Only that the clan as whole cannot, or a percentage of the playerbase in a clan cant.

Honestly if your clan cant field the players for tier ten it was never a competitive clan. Clan wars if for competitive clans.

SheenII #29 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

Was going to quote someone but really don't need a reply. This was just me pointing some things out.

​Yes there was. That is why we added the tier 8 to begin with. Ten tier 6 was added but I don't think they needed that. I used to joke that the next one would be tier ones. Where this is really a problem is that WG NEVER gave any clan any warning that the rules would change and they needed to change. So how many of the clans that were playing tier 6 OR 8 prepped for this change?  None of them! I get it. I really do. I just don't agree with it. WG caters to the top tier of clans. When something is not working in their favor they change it and say the majority of players ..... Nobody is fooled by this and it's a topic in the forums often. There should have been a period where people could grind and get ready. Aim for a specific tank etc. But still have clan wars to compete in. You think taking all tiers except ten away is good? Okay. Let's do it but allow the clans that had been training people and people who were working on skills in their tier 6 and 8's to get ready for tier 10. Our clan recently booted a number of inactive players. We will not be able to compete in tier 10 right away. But more than that I allowed some very active players to join our ranks. They were eager to learn and grow. However they were barely at tier 6. Now I have to tell them we can't compete any longer until they get a tier X. It is what it is but it's not helpful or fair to do it with no warning and I know that many people out there are taking this as a final straw. People have commented that they are quitting with all the changes that go against the inexperienced players and smaller clans. It may not be what WG wanted but it's the result they are going to get. I credit the players that have the great stats and are in clans that require and use them. But that group is small compared to the players that have average and below stats. Those people are being left out. Those people might be looking at one of the other 2 games for their tanking outlet. 

Exzellenz #30 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 49563 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostPanzerkind, on Aug 07 2017 - 19:26, said:

I have played since open beta, have 49,000 battles and sufficient Tier 10's to play since my garage contains over 300 vehicles but I am in a great clan with many friends that can't all follow to that level. I am deeply disappointed that the WG management is hitting the newer players this way. I recall clearly how happy I was to play CW for the first time and the small gold payouts meant a lot in developing my garage. Those currently making that climb have just had the ladder yanked out from under them. It angers me deeply that a gaming company should treat it's newer players in this way. The Teamspeak discussions right now are filled with anger and resentment. I don't understand how this helps WG, I know it hurts my clan and I resent it on behalf of those hurt but the arbitrary manner in which this change was made is just plain sad. 

SheenII #31 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View Postmojave, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:58, said:

Honestly if your clan cant field the players for tier ten it was never a competitive clan. Clan wars if for competitive clans.

​That's not true and spoken from a member of an upper tier clan comes of kind of snobbish. A competitive clan does not need to be someone that can compete with your clan. Just like a high school football team does not have to be able to play against the NFL teams to be competitive. It's funny how so many of the top clan members have come out to defend this change. I have not seen one person who is in a lower clan... no matter what their stats are... defend this move. In fact I have seen more people complain than people defending. WG has claimed that the majority of people want this. Who is this majority? Maybe it's the people already playing tier X that are telling the rest of the game they are not good enough for clan wars anyway.

Fulcrous #32 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:15

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28071 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Complaining about WG 'shafting' the smaller clans when the t6/8 map didn't make anything worthwhile.

Good joke.

Da1niper #33 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 17756 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostSheenII, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:03, said:

​Yes there was. That is why we added the tier 8 to begin with. Ten tier 6 was added but I don't think they needed that. I used to joke that the next one would be tier ones. Where this is really a problem is that WG NEVER gave any clan any warning that the rules would change and they needed to change. So how many of the clans that were playing tier 6 OR 8 prepped for this change?  None of them! I get it. I really do. I just don't agree with it. WG caters to the top tier of clans. When something is not working in their favor they change it and say the majority of players ..... Nobody is fooled by this and it's a topic in the forums often. There should have been a period where people could grind and get ready. Aim for a specific tank etc. But still have clan wars to compete in. You think taking all tiers except ten away is good? Okay. Let's do it but allow the clans that had been training people and people who were working on skills in their tier 6 and 8's to get ready for tier 10. Our clan recently booted a number of inactive players. We will not be able to compete in tier 10 right away. But more than that I allowed some very active players to join our ranks. They were eager to learn and grow. However they were barely at tier 6. Now I have to tell them we can't compete any longer until they get a tier X. It is what it is but it's not helpful or fair to do it with no warning and I know that many people out there are taking this as a final straw. People have commented that they are quitting with all the changes that go against the inexperienced players and smaller clans. It may not be what WG wanted but it's the result they are going to get. I credit the players that have the great stats and are in clans that require and use them. But that group is small compared to the players that have average and below stats. Those people are being left out. Those people might be looking at one of the other 2 games for their tanking outlet. 

THANK YOU! This is what I was trying to get across. I have enjoyed training up new players and seeing them leave when they get to a point where they can do 10's. I get a sense of pride out of helping players get there. This style CW  forces every player not at tier 10 to purchase how much of everything to get to 10, not to mention pay for playing it. I have no problem paying for the game's premium, but its also nice to make a little gold to spend on research, moving crews, retraining, purchasing premiums... I wont hide it, my clan made 15,000 gold over months of playing CW... paying that out to my players, everyone made them around 2k each over MONTHS. Top tier clans made what I made over months in a week or less. Thats fine. I dont expect to make anywhere near that amount of gold. If the top 10 clans want to make that, then cool. But to take away the chance from every player not at 10 to make anything to assist them is just greedy on the part of WG. Of course players playing tier 6 or 8 CW cant pay for premium time with the CW  earnings, but it gives them something to aim for in the short term and to help get to 10 where they can. Not asking for a participation trophy, because even in the lower 6/8 CW, you have to do well to make anything.

TsarCidron #34 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 5884 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

Tier 6 and 8 provided those newer clans and newer people with a 'training' platform.   Instead of being thrown into the X clan wars with little to no understanding of how it works is silly.  Yes, we know how to play wot. But, the newer players may not have any exposure to the Clan wars environment.  As such, they may not know if "its right for them".  Tier six and eight provided that learning experience.  Think of six and eight as "minor leagues" vs tier X as big leagues.   We all aspire to hit the bigs, but some training and preparation for the bigs can be essential. 

You want to retain players, cool.  Keep X.  But, if you want to retain the NEW players, give them something to look forward to with the six and eight CW's.  Give them a taste to see what its like. Otherwise, you are trying to retain new players with just pubs. 

Also, keep all tournaments as they are.  Gives us a feel for where we are.   1v1 especially.  Gives us a side thing to do, a diversion if you will.  We dont want to pub, pub, pub, grind, ugh..   CW, and Tourny's provide some alternatives.  Let all participate equally (albeit, if for lesser results)

Bsan77 #35 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:25

Captain

• Players
  • 12878 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostTsarCidron, on Aug 07 2017 - 19:23, said:

Tier 6 and 8 provided those newer clans and newer people with a 'training' platform.   Instead of being thrown into the X clan wars with little to no understanding of how it works is silly.  Yes, we know how to play wot. But, the newer players may not have any exposure to the Clan wars environment.  As such, they may not know if "its right for them".  Tier six and eight provided that learning experience.  Think of six and eight as "minor leagues" vs tier X as big leagues.   We all aspire to hit the bigs, but some training and preparation for the bigs can be essential. 

You want to retain players, cool.  Keep X.  But, if you want to retain the NEW players, give them something to look forward to with the six and eight CW's.  Give them a taste to see what its like. Otherwise, you are trying to retain new players with just pubs. 

The problem is that clans never moved up from the lower tiers. They just stayed at the bottom and farmed, which is not what it is intended for. Good luck to them trying to farm now! :3

Huck_ #36 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 33875 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
The end game content was exclusively tier x half a decade ago, and this was months after the game launched. If your friends only have tier vi tanks, your friends don't play the game enough to warrant rewards from Wargaming. Anyone with half a business brain should be able to figure this out.

SheenII #37 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View PostFulcrous, on Aug 08 2017 - 02:15, said:

Complaining about WG 'shafting' the smaller clans when the t6/8 map didn't make anything worthwhile.

Good joke.

​I like hearing from you all who have he status in the game. However you are wrong. Tier 8 was part of the mix before they ever considered tier 6. But in the end training and development are the factors that make worthwhile. You can say it does not but what do you know? You never needed it. I remember when Clan Wars was full of 8, 9 and 10 tanks. Now you can't compete in Tier X without the right x and maybe a tier IX you can use extremely well.

mojave #38 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22255 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostSheenII, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:09, said:

​That's not true and spoken from a member of an upper tier clan comes of kind of snobbish. A competitive clan does not need to be someone that can compete with your clan. Just like a high school football team does not have to be able to play against the NFL teams to be competitive. It's funny how so many of the top clan members have come out to defend this change. I have not seen one person who is in a lower clan... no matter what their stats are... defend this move. In fact I have seen more people complain than people defending. WG has claimed that the majority of people want this. Who is this majority? Maybe it's the people already playing tier X that are telling the rest of the game they are not good enough for clan wars anyway.

In regards to clan wars what i said was true. Clan wars was designed to be end game and with this change it has returned to proper end game. Im going to assume your clan played at tier 6 which was not designed to be endgame and should not have been in clan wars. Most of the "top" clans are happy about this because it returns clan wars to its original purpose. While i am upset with wargaming releasing the rules on such short notice I am not upset with the change to tier ten. 

Tldr Tier6/8 was never end game and should have never been included in clan wars. Solve your clans problems and adapt just like every clan in 2015 did when they added tier 6 and 8.

Devildog8 #39 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 9199 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostDirizon, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:12, said:

l can understand certain people frustrations and disgust....

But people, this is how it in fact started years ago. The #1 target goal of a clan, is to field tier Xs and compete against other clans doing the same. ln doing so, a clan should have appropriate recruitment, staff, and quartermasters to urge clan mates and people into getting the T X equipment, and attendance.  Remember, although many T X are better than others,  there are no true terrible useless T X,  a T X is a T X and 1 more to someone or clans that D0N'T HAVE that T X.

lf your clan is casual and for friends linking up and gaming, that is fine. All the power to you folks. But you shouldn't be complaining about missing out in competitive CW then. 

Go take part in strongholds. 

let me get to your key words pal, years ago, this game wont flourish if everyone isnt represented please dont use phrases like years ago we use to do it this way, we also didnt have computers years ago either but they evolve so should this game, and evolve around everyone not the chosen few

Fulcrous #40 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:33

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28071 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostSheenII, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:26, said:

​I like hearing from you all who have he status in the game. However you are wrong. Tier 8 was part of the mix before they ever considered tier 6. But in the end training and development are the factors that make worthwhile. You can say it does not but what do you know? You never needed it. I remember when Clan Wars was full of 8, 9 and 10 tanks. Now you can't compete in Tier X without the right x and maybe a tier IX you can use extremely well.

The lower levels of clan wars were meant to be opportunities for people to learn and move up.

Learning never happened.

Opportunities were given and never taken.

Henceforth 6/8 removed.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users