• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Devildog8 #41 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 9341 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostFulcrous, on Aug 07 2017 - 19:33, said:

The lower levels of clan wars were meant to be opportunities for people to learn and move up.

Learning never happened.

Opportunities were given and never taken.

Henceforth 6/8 removed.

thats [edited]

SheenII #42 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View PostBsan77, on Aug 08 2017 - 02:25, said:

The problem is that clans never moved up from the lower tiers. They just stayed at the bottom and farmed, which is not what it is intended for. Good luck to them trying to farm now! :3

​You are correct. THat did happen by a number of clans. However.... The top clans basically do the same thing but in a different way. I have been there and seen it. We took land from one of the better clans (don't remember who but I remember the circumstances). We basically stole it. Got lucky and it was their lowest priced property and they were getting attacked on a number of other spots. The next day we had someone just as big attack us and take it. Then the day after the first clan had it back. Basically they worked together. That's farming. Not holding 4 pieces of property that pay 25 gold each. lol

mojave #43 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22708 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Tier 6 and 8 were not needed to train people to play the game at a high level. Multiple clans built other clans to help people get better at the game. While RELIC did not often advertise its sub clans as training clans they were one of the most successful groups of clans in making people better at the game. RELIC never needed a lower tier version of clan wars to produce great players with low battles. RELIC is proof you dont need to have low tier clan wars to train people up for tier ten.

WarDwarf_ #44 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2238 battles
  • [0PTIC] 0PTIC

Very bad news for new players and clans. Ok, Strongholds - not bad choice :trollface:

P.S.: On the RU-claster Tier 8's saved on a Season 6.

SheenII #45 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View PostFulcrous, on Aug 08 2017 - 02:33, said:

The lower levels of clan wars were meant to be opportunities for people to learn and move up.

Learning never happened.

Opportunities were given and never taken.

Henceforth 6/8 removed.

​In your opinion. But the fact is this change has made it easier for the top clans to get free gold. So for you to make that statement is not only laughable but shows just how hard the top clans lobbied for this. Your presence in this discussion actually makes our point more than you know, or want to understand. Having tier 8 and 6 clan wars in no way effects you. However you somehow think you need to tell everyone that they were wrong for thinking they should be able to participate. The only way this change effects ANY of the top tier clans is that they have more room to spread out and control land. This will them bring in more gold than ever before. Well not ever before because this is exactly what happened when they came out with the tier 8 clan wars. People complained about the camping and farming. WG agreed and opened up tier 8. Not for growth but because they saw what was happening and a small amount of players were even able to try to compete. So your theory is wrong and supported by statements from WG in the past. 

Bsan77 #46 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:44

Captain

• Players
  • 13008 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostSheenII, on Aug 07 2017 - 19:37, said:

​You are correct. THat did happen by a number of clans. However.... The top clans basically do the same thing but in a different way. I have been there and seen it. We took land from one of the better clans (don't remember who but I remember the circumstances). We basically stole it. Got lucky and it was their lowest priced property and they were getting attacked on a number of other spots. The next day we had someone just as big attack us and take it. Then the day after the first clan had it back. Basically they worked together. That's farming. Not holding 4 pieces of property that pay 25 gold each. lol

Because there was no reason to fight. At least the top clans had to play tier 10, the proper endgame. We had fights every night, whether it be against other top clans, or against someone who tried to punch above their weight. Hopefully, with more teams there will be more reason to fight. I like fights so I hope to see some more :D

one_fifty #47 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 42317 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA
Wow Fulcrous, you really sound like you know what your talking about. You also sound condescending and pompous. As if you and the other 10%ers were handing out favors  to the lonely masses. What a crock! With so many  top clan member here defending this action  by WG I'm reminded of an old saying "guilty dog barks first". Your clans probable had something to do with this change. 

Da1niper #48 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 03:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 17837 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Gonna call it now, in a weeks time, the map will be stagnant, about 20 clans, probably the guys defending this here; VILIN, OTTER, RELIC (all of 7 of you or however many there are), CLAWS, YOUJO, FD_UP, ect... will have most if not all of the tier 10 map owned and it will go stagnant. We all saw the tier 10 map last season and thats exactly what happened.

Bsan77 #49 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 03:05

Captain

• Players
  • 13008 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 07 2017 - 20:04, said:

Gonna call it now, in a weeks time, the map will be stagnant, about 20 clans, probably the guys defending this here; VILIN, OTTER, RELIC (all of 7 of you or however many there are), CLAWS, YOUJO, FD_UP, ect... will have most if not all of the tier 10 map owned and it will go stagnant. We all saw the tier 10 map last season and thats exactly what happened.

:popcorn:

Da1niper #50 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 03:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 17837 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Another thing, why does it matter to the big clans whether or not there are 6/8's? You guys sure or defending WG on this. You dont participate in 6/8's, the clans that stayed there dont waste your time in battles where it is so lopsided its comical... 6/8's may have well been on a different planet. So whats the deal? Whats so threatening about 6/8's that it must simply not exist? Is it because when they do the seasons where they start at 6, jup to 8's and end 10's, you guys get beaten at a lower tier? Thats the only thing I can think of. 6/8's must be a BIG threat to you lot.

Skeenaman #51 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33201 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

Do you get to raid in World of Warcraft or any other MMO if you are not top tier?...no.

Grind it out peeps.  It ain't hard.

Rin_ #52 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 17695 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

So after getting boned season after season, top clans finally get a chance to fight each other without the spoonfed sh**ters in the way and now the sh**ters want their participation trophy.

This generation is truly terrible. Everyone wants a medal for existing and nobody want to work.

Rin_ #53 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 17695 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 08 2017 - 03:04, said:

Maybe if any other clan bothered to try at the game this wouldn't happen. If you aren't willing to try at the game you don't deserve anything.

Bsan77 #54 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:14

Captain

• Players
  • 13008 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
For once, I agree with Rin...:unsure::confused:

Coach_BlackAce #55 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16788 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U
Im sorry but tier six has no place in CWs and was useless. 8 was okay to some degree but CWs is end game content meant for the best clans on the server to have a little fun. And something for other clans to work for. Best move made by wg in a long time

Kawaii_Little_Light_Tank #56 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 24199 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

People who want to play tier VI and VIIIs 'competitively' should stick to wasting their time in strongholds skirmishes, you don't deserve gold for being able to field the most overpowered premium tanks.

There's a reason WG doesn't sell tier X tanks, if and when they re-introduce tier VI/VIII to clan wars, I hope they restrict premium tanks from being allowed in the roster.

__Monkey #57 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43283 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View PostKawaii_Little_Light_Tank, on Aug 08 2017 - 04:35, said:

People who want to play tier VI and VIIIs 'competitively' should stick to wasting their time in strongholds skirmishes, you don't deserve gold for being able to field the most overpowered premium tanks.

There's a reason WG doesn't sell tier X tanks, if and when they re-introduce tier VI/VIII to clan wars, I hope they restrict premium tanks from being allowed in the roster.

You know, I really do feel bad for tier 6 and 8 clans because i used to be in those clans, BUT this is actually a very important point. It really is obvious that if you can't field tanks like a defender/lowe/lorraine40t/skorpion in tier 8 you are at a disadvantage. Also i'd like to mention that wargaming could add provinces that are 7v7 or 10v10 format that are worth less gold that would be easier to field for "less active" clans. Also tier 6 CW really is the same thing as calling strongholds so I mean you can just call your strongholds and pretend you are playing clan wars. You don't get gold for it but you never really got anything for it anyway right? I mean making 1000 gold a week for an entire clan is like 60 gold a week max per person right? While I get that you guys may be frustrated about losing tier 6 or tier 8, your potential on the global tier 10 map is much higher if you can step up to become a tier 10 clan or find a tier 10 clan that will accept you. Not everything in the world is fair and that's just real life, and the game isn't going to alleviate that either. Just my 2 cents on the topic.

raymee101 #58 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 05:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54445 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
I disagree with all you upper clan guys saying that nobody learns at lower tiers, and that nobody uses that experience to move up.  Our clan busted our asses at tier 8 in season 5 and took first place, and we decided right at the end of the season to attempt the tier 10 map this season, but i think its unfair to other clans that still may need training to be forced out of clan wars.  We get that all you upper clans love this cause you just farm us all anyways, but for the actual majority of players this is a bad move.  Season 5 had a huge number of clans involved on all the fronts, now we are going to see the top 10 clans owning 95% of the map like they always do and everyone else doing landing zone tourneys cause they cant beat the super clans to hold property.  I cant change anything cause wargaming ignores regular players anyways, so my personal way of reacting to this is from here on im not spending anything else on this game.  I normally buy all the premiums and premium time and so forth to support the game, but after this move, im done giving wargaming my money, which wont matter to them at all.  On the other end of things, ill give a gratz in advance to the top 10 clans, looks like you guys got what you wanted.

raymee101 #59 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 05:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54445 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
And its hilarious that you say the upper clans got boned last season and couldnt compete the way you wanted..  You had a whole freaking section to fight against each other and you did nothing, i watched the map, most of you sat on property and collected gold, so how did anyone hold you back from competing the way you want?  Just seems insane to me that you think tier 6 and 8 held you back from fun when you did nothing with the map you were given except farm gold for 4 months.

mojave #60 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 06:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22708 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postraymee101, on Aug 08 2017 - 04:45, said:

And its hilarious that you say the upper clans got boned last season and couldnt compete the way you wanted..  You had a whole freaking section to fight against each other and you did nothing, i watched the map, most of you sat on property and collected gold, so how did anyone hold you back from competing the way you want?  Just seems insane to me that you think tier 6 and 8 held you back from fun when you did nothing with the map you were given except farm gold for 4 months.

Was this any different from the other fronts as all i saw was the same thing taking place on each front. The only exception was that there were a few more clans on each of the fronts that resulted in more fights. While i dont know if your clan farmed what i do know is that tier 10 was not the only front that farmed and their were clans on the tier ten map that would actively raid landing and revolts. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users